Going Live With The WBO!!!

Poll: Should we go live with on Social Media?

Yes
80.00%
No
3.33%
Idea needs some work.
16.67%
Total: 100% 30 vote(s)
Good day/evening World Beybalders. One of the biggest suggestions for the WBO over the years has been for a live chat/chat room. But of course his has never been implemented. And with Social Media as big as it is, this is now somewhat possible. Now that the WBO is on Facebook, we can now live stream special events, and even do a QA session or test parts live.

Imagine how awesome it wold be for a committee meter or a seasoned Veteran to sit down on Facebook or YouTube and answer questions others may have. If we were to implement this, just imagine how interactive the committee or others could be with the rest of the community. It would give normal members of the community the opportunity to ask questions, make suggestions and get instant feedback. I know I would most definitely volunteer to do a live QA with the community.

Now you ask what would the benefits be? Why would we do this? I'm glad you asked!!! First off we would be able to interact with each other in a live setting. Members of the California community could have live interaction with the committee, something that has never happened before. We could test parts live!!! Wonder how Zillion Zeus would do against Odin Heavy Defense? We could find out together. We would be able to reach a broader audience if we were to go live. If enough people watch a live stream on Facebook, it can appear near the top of others timelines. Meaning we would reach more people. Why would we do this? We would do this to better interact with you the forum members. It would give the opportunity to share knowledge and our experiences. Also viewers would be able to ask about combos, the physics behind Beyblade and customization's and we could do live Q&A. We could ask the burning questions we always wanted to ask. Like Who wins in a battle between Valetin and BeyBrad?

What are somethings we could do for a live stream?

Give a behind the scenes look at how the WBO works. The committee could show some of the behind the scenes of the WBO, we can show the team works and relaxes, etc. I'm sure members of the forum would love watching everything that's typically off limits.

Broadcast live events. We can broadcast tournaments. North Carolina already does this for our finals!!!

Host interviews. We can interview tournament hosts and other members of the community.

Doing Live QA sessions whether they are on Facebook or YouTube have become popular. YouTubers like Zankye do these on a regular basis. With live streaming YouTubers are able to interact with their audiences. The YouTubers are able to make the audience feel appreciated and to let them have some interaction with someone who feels like they maybe a celebrity. (Yes Committee, some players see you as celebrites)

In conclusion doing a live stream QA event would benefit both the committee and the regular forum members. It would help with interaction and help bring new ideas and a breath of fresh air to the WBO.
Support given.

(Ehem, should this be a poll?)
(Sep. 25, 2016  12:07 PM)Beylon Wrote: Support given.

(Ehem, should this be a poll?)

I added the Poll. I knew I forgot something. hah
Completely on board!

Not sure streaming through Facebook is really the best option out there, though. We'd be able to reach many more and also have the edge in quality on Youtube. We have a lot planned for BeyChannel at the moment and I really do hope your suggestions can be included. :)
That's a great idea. Smile
I love the idea here. Livestreaming is definitely an area that we could look to move further into, and I'd be fully behind the idea.

Facebook streaming has its benefits in a way, so I wouldn't rule that out. YouTube and Twitch might be bigger platforms for these kind of things though.
(Sep. 25, 2016  12:36 PM)Mitsu Wrote: Completely on board!

Not sure streaming through Facebook is really the best option out there, though. We'd be able to reach many more and also have the edge in quality on Youtube. We have a lot planned for BeyChannel at the moment and I really do hope your suggestions can be included. Smile

Really it's the next step in terms of social media for the WBO.

(Sep. 25, 2016  1:08 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: I love the idea here. Livestreaming is definitely an area that we could look to move further into, and I'd be fully behind the idea.

Facebook streaming has its benefits in a way, so I wouldn't rule that out. YouTube and Twitch might be bigger platforms for these kind of things though.

I've streamed on twitch before for Beyblade Colosseum. It Defintely has its advantages. I'd be willing to setup either of these.
Wonderful idea Dark_Mousy, I support this 100%
Great idea! Looking forward for this! Wink
Thanks for posting this here! I think livestreaming tournaments is an awesome opportunity to connect more with bladers around the world.

One concern I have with streaming tournaments is keeping it engaging. A livestream requires someone hosting it at all times. If they're not interacting directly with the audience, they need to be explaining what's currently happening on screen. Newbies will especially get lost without an explanation of the combos being used and how they interact with each other. This is a lot to expect hosts to do.

Quote:Imagine how awesome it wold be for a committee meter or a seasoned Veteran to sit down on Facebook or YouTube and answer questions others may have. If we were to implement this, just imagine how interactive the committee or others could be with the rest of the community. It would give normal members of the community the opportunity to ask questions, make suggestions and get instant feedback. I know I would most definitely volunteer to do a live QA with the community.

I hope "normal members" realize that they already have the opportunity to ask questions and make suggestions (like this thread!) haha. Do people really have that many questions for us to answer live that we could actually answer with no prep time? And wouldn't collecting questions beforehand and answering them live on video be just as effective (and allow for tighter editing)?

From what I've seen in typical comments sections for livestreams, I'm not sure how much I want to take questions in a comments section live. haha

Quote:Give a behind the scenes look at how the WBO works. The committee could show some of the behind the scenes of the WBO, we can show the team works and relaxes, etc. I'm sure members of the forum would love watching everything that's typically off limits.

Since we all work on this in our spare time from home and we're all separated I'm not sure how interesting it would be :p I would love to share more about how we work. I also think this is content that would be appreciated more by hardcore site users, so wouldn't putting it on the forum suit them the most?

One event that could be really cool to livestream is your upcoming Battle Cry event, too. Think about how you might want to handle it! We could definitely set it up so you could stream straight from our Facebook page at least. But it's really a ton of work to keep it interesting, and you might have other priorities.
Something I think a lot of people would appreciate is more insight on what the Committee is actually doing. Whether it's some kind of update log, Q&A session, or just a publicly available "list of stuff we're working on or discussing now", it would be nice to see progress being made aside from the occasional news post.
(Sep. 25, 2016  7:24 PM)Cake Wrote: Something I think a lot of people would appreciate is more insight on what the Committee is actually doing. Whether it's some kind of update log, Q&A session, or just a publicly available "list of stuff we're working on or discussing now", it would be nice to see progress being made aside from the occasional news post.

I agree, but it's difficult to find a balance. We're working on a ton of projects that are all closely intertwined right now, in various states of progress. Talking too much about it would be likely to give people a totally wrong impression, and would encourage people to give us feedback on work that we know isn't complete. And of course, we are hiding a few surprises. :p

We have a big assortment of projects all scheduled to be completed roughly around the same time, within the next few months; once we roll all of that out, it will be much easier for us to share more going forward.

I am sure a lot of people are wondering what we're up to right now, so I'll use this space just to say that we're not taking Hasbro's launch of Beyblade Burst lightly and we have more in-progress projects right now, in larger scope, than at any point in the organization's history. The months between now and that launch is bitter for us too, but we're confident it will be worth it.

In 2017, I would love to do more regular updates. It's super exciting for me to talk about what we're working on (which is why the situation right now is torturing me!). I'm open to suggestions, but maybe PM them to me or post them elsewhere since I don't wanna hijack this thread!
I think streaming tournaments is an amazing idea, not only does it allow people to see a different meta game I think it would solve a major problem we've had over the years. There always seems to be some sort of different between locations and it affects perceptions of how good a part is. Like when F230 was running rampant Canada didn't seem to have a problem, but most other locations did.

If Battle Cry is a big enough event (or any other major event coming up for that matter) it would be interesting to have a casting table. Other games have a camera focused on the match but have mics in a different area for people to discuss the current battle. I'm not entirely sure how much work has to be put into making that happen, but it would Be interesting to have about 1 feature match per round and have a experienced member who doesn't have a match commentate that and maybe even talk to the winner afterward. Maybe kinda high expectations but if we could do this it would be amazing.
(Sep. 25, 2016  7:51 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: I think streaming tournaments is an amazing idea, not only does it allow people to see a different meta game I think it would solve a major problem we've had over the years. There always seems to be some sort of different between locations and it affects perceptions of how good a part is. Like when F230 was running rampant Canada didn't seem to have a problem, but most other locations did.

If Battle Cry is a big enough event (or any other major event coming up for that matter) it would be interesting to have a casting table. Other games have a camera focused on the match but have mics in a different area for people to discuss the current battle. I'm not entirely sure how much work has to be put into making that happen, but it would Be interesting to have about 1 feature match per round and have a experienced member who doesn't have a match commentate that and maybe even talk to the winner afterward. Maybe kinda high expectations but if we could do this it would be amazing.

It sounds like a lot to accomplish, but I agree it's the ideal. I would love to have something like this at our Anime North event next year. Large convention events seem like the ideal place for this.
We will have live coverage and a livestream on Facebook or YouTube for Battle Cry!!! As of right now the plan is for it to be a feature match every round. l'm still working on a few possibilities for it. But it is in the works.
(Sep. 25, 2016  11:09 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: We will have live coverage and a livestream on Facebook or YouTube for Battle Cry!!! As of right now the plan is for it to be a feature match every round. l'm still working on a few possibilities for it. But it is in the works.

Awesome, be sure to keep us in the loop!
Quote:If Battle Cry is a big enough event (or any other major event coming up for that matter) it would be interesting to have a casting table. Other games have a camera focused on the match but have mics in a different area for people to discuss the current battle. I'm not entirely sure how much work has to be put into making that happen, but it would Be interesting to have about 1 feature match per round and have a experienced member who doesn't have a match commentate that and maybe even talk to the winner afterward. Maybe kinda high expectations but if we could do this it would be amazing.
This is actually doable. I have a camera that can livestream the events. We would just need to figure a rotation for who will use the camera and commentate.

Quote:It sounds like a lot to accomplish, but I agree it's the ideal. I would love to have something like this at our Anime North event next year. Large convention events seem like the ideal place for this.

I have this covered for next year.

Quote:Imagine how awesome it wold be for a committee meter or a seasoned Veteran to sit down on Facebook or YouTube and answer questions others may have. If we were to implement this, just imagine how interactive the committee or others could be with the rest of the community. It would give normal members of the community the opportunity to ask questions, make suggestions and get instant feedback. I know I would most definitely volunteer to do a live QA with the community.

Quote:I hope "normal members" realize that they already have the opportunity to ask questions and make suggestions (like this thread!) haha. Do people really have that many questions for us to answer live that we could actually answer with no prep time? And wouldn't collecting questions beforehand and answering them live on video be just as effective (and allow for tighter editing)?

From what I've seen in typical comments sections for livestreams, I'm not sure how much I want to take questions in a comments section live. haha
This is true hah. But we could have prep time for it. Make an announcement a few days in advance. It could be fun./

Quote:Since we all work on this in our spare time from home and we're all separated I'm not sure how interesting it would be :p I would love to share more about how we work. I also think this is content that would be appreciated more by hardcore site users, so wouldn't putting it on the forum suit them the most?

I can see your point here. But i do feel like it would be interesting to see how the committee works behind the scenes. OR some discussions the committee does. Something like this
Haha, I see. I wanted to do something like that video at AN but there was seriously no time (as you saw haha).

I think it would be fun. I'd love to do something like that. Look forward to it Smile
(Sep. 25, 2016  11:42 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Haha, I see. I wanted to do something like that video at AN but there was seriously no time (as you saw haha).

I think it would be fun. I'd love to do something like that. Look forward to it Smile

We will be able to stream the entire AN Weekend next year.

Also just to clarify a few things:

1. For a "live chat"we could use Facebook with statuses etc. Pretty much be answering questions live on a particular thread. Ive seen some celebrities do it on Facebook. Most notably in my timeline [url=https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell/?fref=ts] Stephen Amell.

This would defiantly be easy and feasible. And it could be fun.

2. Not all tournaments would have to be live streamed. I would just think maybe give the host(s) an extra credit or something if they do this. Just because they are taking the extra effort and time to include the online community in the event.
From what I understand, the live chats suggested do not involve cameras or videos at all, just to clear any misunderstanding.
I personally don't like the the idea of using Facebook as the platform for the chat, but I guess it is something that a lot of people use...

I would be more comfortable with a dedicated app like Discord as opposed to operating within Facebook, but I suspect that I am very much in the minority Uncertain
I honestly have no idea what even exists out there; what are the benefits of one versus the other?
(Sep. 27, 2016  1:37 AM)Kai-V Wrote: From what I understand, the live chats suggested do not involve cameras or videos at all, just to clear any misunderstanding.

Yes Ma'am you are correct. No Camera, no Video.

(Sep. 27, 2016  1:47 AM)Cake Wrote: I personally don't like the the idea of using Facebook as the platform for the chat, but I guess it is something that a lot of people use...

I would be more comfortable with a dedicated app like Discord as opposed to operating within Facebook, but I suspect that I am very much in the minority Uncertain

Facebook and Twitter are the largest social media platforms. Its just more convenient and more practical to use those.
Instagram live stream?
Maybe not what you're thinking, but my vision for livestreaming with the WBO would be to encourage hosts of tournaments and local meet-ups to stream on Twitch when possible and grow a community there as opposed to Facebook, since that's where tabletop gaming is headed. I actually considered doing so for our Florida event on Friday, but unfortunately I lack proper video equipment.