Going Away/Coming Back Topic

(Oct. 06, 2011  9:30 PM)th!nk Wrote: I too have become a "plastics hermit", crawling back to play with my plastics and irregularly checking the forums. I find it more fun with less pressure to test and prove points, and far easier on the heart and nerves not,raging at people 24/7
Plus, other communities vie for my attention of late, and they just, entice me more right now. :0

But you all know I'll never truly leave, even if a few new faces make me feel like a dinosaur or similar relic of the past (not necessarily a bad thing, though). I'm still lurking around the place Tongue_out_wink

Not really a going away/coming back, but maybe a little explanation Smile

If you're a dinosaur, I'm a prokaryote.
(Oct. 06, 2011  9:30 PM)th!nk Wrote: I find it more fun with less pressure to test and prove points, and far easier on the heart and nerves not,raging at people 24/7
But you all know I'll never truly leave, even if a few new faces make me feel like a dinosaur or similar relic of the past (not necessarily a bad thing, though). I'm still lurking around the place Tongue_out_wink

QFT No Regrets Tongue_out
So.... after all this thinking. After Oct 16 is my last tourny. Too many stuff going on here. Add the drama too. WBO is not like what it used to be ;_; the trolls, fun, and randomness. Its now just all strict and stricter. No fun. I'll be around just to read topics and stuff. Beyblade is starting to fade on me now. Might come back in 2012 and sell my stuff. This site just keep down grading each second. Too many rants, random fights, and sometimes I feel like warnings are uneccessary. I mean this site is for a hobby we all like to enjoy and play and yet, there's punishment? And I feel like moderators are favoring members and that kind of stuff.And I see members that sign up in August and becomes Adv member right in Sep like wtf? Just for writing coherent paragraphs when they don't contribute and do formal testing for WBO?. This site is just... dull now. My last post.~~~ Peace and L♥ve everyone

®
Although I disagree with nearly everything you said there I dont want to make your last post a bad one.

See ya buddy! Its going to be weird without your presence here.
(Oct. 06, 2011  9:40 PM)Dan Wrote:
(Oct. 06, 2011  9:30 PM)th!nk Wrote: I too have become a "plastics hermit", crawling back to play with my plastics and irregularly checking the forums. I find it more fun with less pressure to test and prove points, and far easier on the heart and nerves not,raging at people 24/7
Plus, other communities vie for my attention of late, and they just, entice me more right now. :0

If you're a dinosaur, I'm a prokaryote.

don't even. Smithicide

--------

Sparta, good luck! I'm doing terribly in math, it's quite a struggle so I wish you the best!

--------

Th!nk, I love that post. The part about not proving anything. That's what makes beyblade fun in my opinion.

-------

®- well, I love the WBO the way it is, so all I can say is see ya man.
(Oct. 06, 2011  11:50 PM)® Wrote: I mean this site is for a hobby we all like to enjoy and play and yet, there's punishment?
God forbid there are punishments for disobeying rules and displaying poor etiquette.
(Oct. 06, 2011  11:50 PM)® Wrote: So.... after all this thinking. After Oct 16 is my last tourny. Too many stuff going on here. Add the drama too. WBO is not like what it used to be ;_; the trolls, fun, and randomness. Its now just all strict and stricter. No fun. I'll be around just to read topics and stuff. Beyblade is starting to fade on me now. Might come back in 2012 and sell my stuff. This site just keep down grading each second. Too many rants, random fights, and sometimes I feel like warnings are uneccessary. I mean this site is for a hobby we all like to enjoy and play and yet, there's punishment? And I feel like moderators are favoring members and that kind of stuff.And I see members that sign up in August and becomes Adv member right in Sep like wtf? Just for writing coherent paragraphs when they don't contribute and do formal testing for WBO?. This site is just... dull now. My last post.~~~ Peace and L♥ve everyone

®

We have no favourites. Furthermore, if you want to write that "this site just keep down grading each second", at least say exactly how and what you think should be improved. We need to be strict; you like trolls ?
(Oct. 06, 2011  11:50 PM)® Wrote: So.... after all this thinking. After Oct 16 is my last tourny. Too many stuff going on here. Add the drama too. WBO is not like what it used to be ;_; the trolls, fun, and randomness. Its now just all strict and stricter. No fun. I'll be around just to read topics and stuff. Beyblade is starting to fade on me now. Might come back in 2012 and sell my stuff. This site just keep down grading each second. Too many rants, random fights, and sometimes I feel like warnings are uneccessary. I mean this site is for a hobby we all like to enjoy and play and yet, there's punishment? And I feel like moderators are favoring members and that kind of stuff.And I see members that sign up in August and becomes Adv member right in Sep like wtf? Just for writing coherent paragraphs when they don't contribute and do formal testing for WBO?. This site is just... dull now. My last post.~~~ Peace and L♥ve everyone

®

There's very little surface drama here, actually. As for trolls, "fun, and randomness", it seems like you're describing a complete and total lack of order as your preferred environment.

As for your obvious little shot at me in there, I'd like to state once again that I did not ask for my promotion, was not aware of it coming, and did not speak to any Administration about much of anything(aside from asking Kai-V about where to post a thread once, when I first joined) before it happened.

Even after my promotion, I did not suddenly get into some secret elitist club - I am not suddenly going out partying with Kai-V every night and doing jell-o shots off of Kei's massive launcher grip. It was just a seal of approval, as I have seen it explained - not a hand stamp that lets me into the dark corners of the site.

It's really disheartening to think that my imaginary status gain is actually upsetting people. I gained no power, and no one should respect me any more or less because of my italicized name. Other people's fortune is not your misfortune.

I may not understand your reasons - in fact, I genuinely have trouble fathoming them - but, I still respect your decision, as anyone else should. You will likely be missed around here, but if you feel it is time to leave, then so long.
(Oct. 07, 2011  3:36 AM)Hazel Wrote: There's very little surface drama here, actually. As for trolls, "fun, and randomness", it seems like you're describing a complete and total lack of order as your preferred environment.

As for your obvious little shot at me in there, I'd like to state once again that I did not ask for my promotion, was not aware of it coming, and did not speak to any Administration about much of anything(aside from asking Kai-V about where to post a thread once, when I first joined) before it happened.

Even after my promotion, I did not suddenly get into some secret elitist club - I am not suddenly going out partying with Kai-V every night and doing jell-o shots off of Kei's massive launcher grip. It was just a seal of approval, as I have seen it explained - not a hand stamp that lets me into the dark corners of the site.

It's really disheartening to think that my imaginary status gain is actually upsetting people. I gained no power, and no one should respect me any more or less because of my italicized name. Other people's fortune is not your misfortune.

I may not understand your reasons - in fact, I genuinely have trouble fathoming them - but, I still respect your decision, as anyone else should. You will likely be missed around here, but if you feel it is time to leave, then so long.
Standing carping ovation.
(Oct. 06, 2011  11:50 PM)® Wrote: So.... after all this thinking. After Oct 16 is my last tourny. Too many stuff going on here. Add the drama too. WBO is not like what it used to be ;_; the trolls, fun, and randomness. Its now just all strict and stricter. No fun.
I mean this site is for a hobby we all like to enjoy and play and yet, there's punishment?

The reason WBO is strict is because things need to be in order and believe me, things can get really out of hand and uncontrollable things are not strict, I say that from experience (Yes, I used to run a forum)

(Oct. 06, 2011  11:50 PM)® Wrote: And I feel like moderators are favoring members and that kind of stuff.And I see members that sign up in August and becomes Adv member right in Sep like wtf? Just for writing coherent paragraphs when they don't contribute and do formal testing for WBO?.

Okay, I'm sure that was a shot at "Hazel" .
If you actually looked at his posts, you'd know by now why he is Advanced.
His posts were top notch from the beginning and he sure does know a lot about the art.Just look at his posts.I'd say he deserves to be advanced.

Just testing wont get you the advanced status, you need to have knowledge about the art too.

(Oct. 06, 2011  11:50 PM)® Wrote: This site is just... dull now. My last post.~~~ Peace and L♥ve everyone

®

Anyway, if your quitting, then i have nothing else to say but.....Good luck with what you are going to do next.......cya!
(Oct. 07, 2011  3:36 AM)Hazel Wrote:

®

There's very little surface drama here, actually. As for trolls, "fun, and randomness", it seems like you're describing a complete and total lack of order as your preferred environment.

As always, said it better than I ever could. It wasn't your choice to become an Advanced Member, but you now have to carry an unfair burden of everyone else who thinks they deserve a place being jealous. Heck, the day you were made an advanced member, I had to tell multiple people to get over it.

As for you, ®, I think you are one of quite a few of us with rather obvious reasons for not being made advanced members. Perhaps if you were more aware of your own faults (or had listened to people when they were pointed out) and had made some effort to fix them, you wouldn't be having this discussion, if I dare call it that. Yeah, someone'll call me a hypocrite for saying this I'm sure (not that I disagree), but I thought this might be a good time to point it out.

As for the rules, I know damn well why there's a Warning Level - 40% next to my name (not that I would change *what* I said too much, maybe tweak how I said it). As always, the warns/bans here are balanced and fair. Deal w/ it.

Just going to say this right now, everyone who is bitter and jealous over Hazel being made an advanced member so quickly, maybe, just maybe, instead of complaining, you can look at his posts as an example of "advanced member material", because he's absolutely nailed it. Even I can see it.

You should also realise it's not his choice whether or not he is an advanced member, so lay off him. Either way, he deserved it more than anyone else on the site (including you and I), so get the hell over it.

On a lighter note, Hazel:
Hazel Wrote:I am not suddenly going out partying with Kai-V every night and doing jell-o shots off of Kei's massive launcher grip.
I love you for that.

As for my post, quick responses:
Poseidon: Tongue_out
Dan: Yeah, but like prokaryotes, you're still around and still part of a functioning ecosystem.
@Shabalabayabadabadoooooooo!: (Had to, sorry, but I know you can take a joke Wink) Yeah, it began to feel like "homework" to me. Something I think everyone should beware of.

Oh, and Hazel, I *was* going to PM you with some best wishes for the rough ride you're gonna have thanks to the jealousy, but my laziness got the better of me. Consider this a substitute for that PM Tongue_out
Hazel is a good member and knowledgable.. he deserve to be an advanced..lol..dont complaining about it..Committee know everything they did..

hey..with lot of big event going on WBO..i.e. giveaway every month, face contest, summer spin showdown, etc...yet..you still saying it to be downgrading..come on~~

if there is no warnig system..this site will be chaotic full of spam..XD

Aw... It was really good to have you around 24/7.
I really respect you, you know. And thus, I.... actually all of us will miss you quite a lot! Smile

Well, I wonder why people are targeting the most knowledgeable member that probably 'God hath bestowed upon us'. Hazel is an amazing personality, and I do not think that he should be shot with such complaints. C'mon, lets face it- There are just a handful of members who could match Hazel's quality of posts, and half of them, are already qualified to positions of Admins, Mods, and Advanced. Smile
I noticed Too much Good People Go away... WHY!??!

If you haven't noticed it yet, I havent been online that much. My Mom Banned me from this web for awhile, and I'm not sure when will I be "unbanned". However, i will still be posting until I can.

Well, I'm back
Quote:Yeah, but like prokaryotes, you're still around and still part of a functioning ecosystem.
LOOOL I love you man you're ridiculously funny.

Welcome back Bey-Heart, were you a faithful boy at the retreat? Tongue_out
(Oct. 07, 2011  3:36 AM)Hazel Wrote:

®

To be strictly honest, I was kinda miffed that you became Advanced so fast too. (I ranted to Th!nk until I got over it) But I know for a fact that Hazel knows what he's talking about, so I don't think it was too fast. Rotation? I respect your choice, but I think it's a mistake. Hazel, you're a great member, and I'm glad to know ya. I don't get the drama thing, since there's been little of it since August, but again, your choice. I like that the site's a bit stricter. It lets us all post without trolls saying dumb crud.

Again, the main reason you've been generating a lot of animosity is the way you say things, Rotation. The shots at Hazel just show jealousy, and that is a big reason why you yourself aren't advanced, moreso than coherence. Hazel contributes just as much as you do, if not more so, and still stays pretty respectful. Don't attack people's character. That said, you were a decent member of the forums, and a lot of people will notice your departure. I guess we'll see you around.
Who said I was jealous? I never was. Its just that there is better members than Hazel IMO. And I support them. Seems a bit unfair, it you guys want me to be 100% and blunt about it fine, I will. Here goes, IMo Hazel does not deserved to be in the Adv forums. I think her status could;ve waited a bit longer. I support Deikailo, th!nk, and Hero to have italicised name. Those 3 have shown greater contribution to the community ever since they joined.

Kai-V. The warning I got from you when I replied back to ♥, why was that SPAM? It was obviously defending myself. Is that wrong no? Oh and here it is. Click Me! Thought that was unneccessary right there to me. When I was clearlt defending my self and if I left it, tahts like having him to walk over me. So yah, thats that. :V. Just being completely honest here.

Anyways, I read around and saw Galaxy's topic about Lightning and TH170 vs 230. It has interested me back in the game, and Im willing to see the outcome of those two threads due to tourney results.
(Oct. 09, 2011  11:33 PM)® Wrote: Who said I was jealous? I never was. Its just that there is better members than Hazel IMO. And I support them. Seems a bit unfair, it you guys want me to be 100% and blunt about it fine, I will. Here goes, IMo Hazel does not deserved to be in the Adv forums. I think her status could;ve waited a bit longer. I support Deikailo, th!nk, and Hero to have italicised name. Those 3 have shown greater contribution to the community ever since they joined.

Kai-V. The warning I got from you when I replied back to ♥, why was that SPAM? It was obviously defending myself. Is that wrong no? Oh and here it is. Click Me! Thought that was unneccessary right there to me. When I was clearlt defending my self and if I left it, tahts like having him to walk over me. So yah, thats that. :V. Just being completely honest here.

Anyways, I read around and saw Galaxy's topic about Lightning and TH170 vs 230. It has interested me back in the game, and Im willing to see the outcome of those two threads due to tourney results.

Ha, Hazel is a male. :V

If the committee sees it fit to make Hazel an Advanced Member, so be it; he's an AV no matter what. The opinion of one person won't change the committee's minds once they've already decided. Hazel's posts were- and are- great, so I fail to see how you think otherwise tbh.

I also agree that Dei and th!nk are great candidates for the Advanced Member status, but I don't think Hazel shouldn't have been chosen as an Advanced Member over them. :\

Anyway, good to have you back, I guess. Tongue_out
(Oct. 09, 2011  11:33 PM)® Wrote: Who said I was jealous? I never was. Its just that there is better members than Hazel IMO. And I support them. Seems a bit unfair, it you guys want me to be 100% and blunt about it fine, I will. Here goes, IMo Hazel does not deserved to be in the Adv forums. I think her status could;ve waited a bit longer. I support Deikailo, th!nk, and Hero to have italicised name. Those 3 have shown greater contribution to the community ever since they joined.

(Oct. 09, 2011  11:39 PM)Kaiba Hiwatari Wrote: I also agree that Dei and th!nk are great candidates for the Advanced Member status, but I don't think Hazel shouldn't have been chosen as an Advanced Member over them. :\
You are absolutely wrong about having me as an Advanced Member.

Why are you going to leave for roughly a day and then come back over such a common type of thread? It's basically a cry for attention. Why would you create more drama for this forum?
I'm not around enough to be advanced, and Hero is on indefinite hiatus last I checked, Dei has already spoken, but tbh I think Hazel better fits the "mould" of an advanced member. Nonetheless, Hazel is better than I ever was, tbh, and I was almost advanced anyway, until certain character faults shone through.

Everything else worth saying has been said, methinks.
LOOOL? Really Dei? Nah, I was really intruiged how Galaxy had point out 3 specific customizations. And uh, no? Why would I create drama? People just rant on me when one does. Sometimes, its more of bandwagoning. Im not eagering for attention really, Im just a regular member that has different aspects and interests.

You know, its funny how you been on me ever since that day when you accused me of being offensive to lesbians and gays. No offense but get over it. Like I said I respect ones character of who they are. :V

I do not dispute that others deserve it more than I do. That is why I was surprised to've received the promotion in the first place. Regardless, to make my promotion a target in your falsified "farewell" farce was just entirely unnecessary.

As for the issue about you getting warned... do you really not see the error you made in that post? This is not facebook, or a rumble in the parking lot of a 7/11 from a 60's movie. You don't make a post that just says "dude whatever I'm not even talking to you" - especially when all it does is say that you are incapable of responding in a mature manner. You literally made a post saying you had nothing to say, and even managed to do it in an insulting manner.

That's not defending yourself, it's pouring gasoline on yourself and jumping into a bonfire.
(Oct. 10, 2011  12:00 AM)® Wrote: LOOOL? Really Dei? Nah, I was really intruiged how Galaxy had point out 3 specific customizations. And uh, no? Why would I create drama? People just rant on me when one does. Sometimes, its more of bandwagoning. Im not eagering for attention really, Im just a regular member that has different aspects and interests.

You know, its funny how you been on me ever since that day when you accused me of being offensive to lesbians and gays. No offense but get over it. Like I said I respect ones character of who they are. :V
All of the characteristics that you are an attention seeker:
  • Your infatuation with Bluezee. I won't go into what this looked like.
  • Your constant need to be correct about everything, so much to the point where you go out of your way to point out miniscule errors that can be written off as human imperfections.
  • The way you speak to Galaxy. He's your bro. I've been to tournaments. He's fairly quiet there, but you're constantly talking down to him.
  • Your comebacks all end in "you don't know me". Please. We don't care. What you show here is what you will be to us.
  • You copy the trend of last post to rant about the WBO, but come back for any reason you could make up.

No offense, but you have no idea what I'm talking about. I call out everyone where I feel it's appropriate. You just happen to make more pointless posts than the majority (I.E. your resignation post)