General Burst Combo Discussion

(Jun. 10, 2017  11:11 AM)mj9 Wrote:
(Jun. 10, 2017  10:38 AM)chips556 Wrote: Got my carp handed to me today, I ran D2HO and K2KO, bursts count as 2pts, lost 4-0 to stock V2s

Did you soft launch cause that should not be happening
I soft launched D2 but it still bursted....
Where was this? That's incredibly hard to believe. I can't remember even once instance where V2 (and customized so it was better than stock V2, too) was able to burst D2 at our tournaments in Toronto. Was it just one round with the D2?
(Jun. 10, 2017  6:11 PM)Kei Wrote: Where was this? That's incredibly hard to believe. I can't remember even once instance where V2 (and customized so it was better than stock V2, too) was able to burst D2 at our tournaments in Toronto. Was it just one round with the D2?

In Malaysia, footages of K2KO starts at 0:16 - 0:40, unfortunately I don't have footages of D2HO, and yes most of the time V2 bursted D2HO on impact
(Jun. 11, 2017  3:35 AM)chips556 Wrote: In Malaysia, footages of K2KO starts at 0:16 - 0:40, unfortunately I don't have footages of D2HO, and yes most of the time V2 bursted D2HO on impact

Well, it bursting K2 is one thing ... but bursting D2 on something like Heavy Orbit is another, less believable thing haha. Thanks for sharing, though!
(Jun. 11, 2017  8:16 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2017  3:35 AM)chips556 Wrote: In Malaysia, footages of K2KO starts at 0:16 - 0:40, unfortunately I don't have footages of D2HO, and yes most of the time V2 bursted D2HO on impact

Well, it bursting K2 is one thing ... but bursting D2 on something like Heavy Orbit is another, less believable thing haha. Thanks for sharing, though!

I did go against D2HO in a mirror match though, I instantly bursted the other guy twice on impact, how does that happen ? I do have a much stronger launch than him though
(Jun. 11, 2017  8:36 AM)chips556 Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2017  8:16 AM)Kei Wrote: Well, it bursting K2 is one thing ... but bursting D2 on something like Heavy Orbit is another, less believable thing haha. Thanks for sharing, though!

I did go against D2HO in a mirror match though, I instantly bursted the other guy twice on impact, how does that happen ? I do have a much stronger launch than him though

Launching very week may make it to expose it's recoil points due to not being stable or just too easy to knock off balance and it will have harder time regaining balance due to less speed.

I think your D2 is work in this case or that guy is just too OP shooter lol. V2 can burst it if it gets under D2 and hit recoiled place. Or it maybe just bad luck beyhaha.
(Jun. 11, 2017  8:45 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2017  8:36 AM)chips556 Wrote: I did go against D2HO in a mirror match though, I instantly bursted the other guy twice on impact, how does that happen ? I do have a much stronger launch than him though

Launching  very week may make it to expose it's  recoil points due to not being stable or just too easy to knock off balance and it will have harder time regaining balance due to less speed.

I think your D2 is work in this case or that guy is just too OP shooter lol. V2 can burst  it if it gets under D2 and hit recoiled place. Or it maybe just bad luck beyhaha.

Probably luck... I'm a little salty about it but I've decided to do some testing on what's right for my meta (Burst = 2 pts, No bans etc)

I figured out that using burst attack would be the best, so I've decided to test VKO/VAO on D2HR (very common combo), Armed was very disappointing because of its' low stamina and it bursted more often than Knuckle in unrecorded tests so I've decided to test VKO vs D2HR for 10 rounds.

Equipment
Long Winder w/ Light Launcher & Launcher Grip
Beystadium Standard Type

D2HR launched at 50~60% effort
VKO launched at 90~100% effort
Both beyblades launched alternatively, with D2HR launched first 1st round, VKO launched first 2nd round, so on and so forth.

Round 1 : D2HR launched first, VKO OS D2HR, VKO 1 click, D2HR 2 clicks (1-0) Note : VKO is recorded on the left, D2HR right
Round 2 : VKO launched first, D2HR OS VKO, VKO 2 clicks, D2HR 2 clicks (1-1)
Round 3 : D2HR launched first, D2HR OS VKO, VKO 1 click, D2HR 2 clicks (1-2)
Round 4 : VKO launched first, D2HR OS VKO, VKO 0 clicks, D2HR 1 click (1-3)
Round 5 : D2HR launched first, D2HR KO VKO, VKO 1 click, D2HR 2 clicks (1-4)
Round 6 : VKO launched first, VKO burst D2HR, VKO 1 click, D2HR BST (3-4)
Round 7 : D2HR launched first, VKO burst D2HR, VKO 1 click, D2HR BST (5-4)
Round 8 : VKO launched first, VKO burst D2HR, VKO 0 clicks, D2HR BST (7-4)
Round 9 : D2HR launched first, VKO burst D2HR, VKO 2 clicks, D2HR BST (9-4)
Round 10 : VKO launched first, D2HR OS VKO, VKO 0 click, D2HR 2 clicks (9-5)

I also tested both combos launched at max effort, D2HR would burst 90% of the time.

The counter to this ? WHR hard launched would OS it 95% of the time, a soft launched one would just burst, no idea why.

I'm not too concerned about anyone using WHR against me as I think that I'd be able to OS/BST them as I'm fairly confident that I have the strongest launch amongst the regulars in my area and most experienced players don't bother using anything other than D2.

Perhaps the WBO can consider having bursts = 2 points to make attack combos more viable and less risky to run, then we'd see more diversity in the meta.
Try replacing Heavy with Knuckle or Spread, and try again.
(Jun. 11, 2017  12:59 PM)Bastillon Wrote: Try replacing Heavy with Knuckle or Spread, and try again.

Spread is unavailable in my area & they won't let you use it in tournaments, I'll test D2KR vs VKO once I do get my hands on another knuckle.
(Jun. 11, 2017  12:59 PM)Bastillon Wrote: Try replacing Heavy with Knuckle or Spread, and try again.

Sorry for the double posting, but do you know what possible counters does V risk running into ?

Edit : I've searched the forums for a bit but there are slightly limited information about potential matchups
(Jun. 10, 2017  2:47 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Jun. 09, 2017  3:38 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I must say that sometimes, I am not one-hundred-percent certain of the validity of the reasons we give hah. Especially in Burst. A lot just relies on that 'balancing' of your parts together and finding the parts that fit the most for the Layer you got, so at some point you just have to advise each person to do tests with their own pieces to see what works best for them.

This is true to some degree, but I'm pretty sure objectively speaking, Heavy and Gravity have the best overall Stamina potential of any of the available Disks in most situations. Like, in a situation where launch power is equal, I don't think there's any way that using Knuckle on Deathscyther would beat a well-balanced Deathscyther on Heavy no matter how well-balanced you make your Deathscyther Knuckle combination.

i actually saw some solo spin times and after seeing them i thought knuckle had better stamina than heavy. In those tests average spin time for DKR was 1 min and 38 secs while for DGR it was 1 min and 39 secs and for DSR it was 1min and 36 secs.
(Jun. 11, 2017  5:54 PM)chips556 Wrote:

Sorry for the double posting, but do you know what possible counters does V risk running into ?

Edit : I've searched the forums for a bit but there are slightly limited information about potential matchups
B2 can be a good counter against V, along with newer, more burst resistant layers like L2 or the god layers like dF and such.
(Jun. 02, 2017  1:56 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: Revolve has more stamina and LAD
Defense has more Burst Resistance (both due to the tight fit and the movement it causes to avoid attacks of course) (Though I do want to add that it is much harder to pull off a bank stall with defense than Revolve putting it at a disadvantage against stationary Valkyrie) it is also harder to knock out and obviously it is much harder to destabilize it, only because of those little edges it has around the ball tip.

i thought revolve has more burst resistance due to its low friction and i thought only hasbro drivers had differences in tightness not  TT drivers.
(Jun. 12, 2017  8:33 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jun. 02, 2017  1:56 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: Revolve has more stamina and LAD
Defense has more Burst Resistance (both due to the tight fit and the movement it causes to avoid attacks of course) (Though I do want to add that it is much harder to pull off a bank stall with defense than Revolve putting it at a disadvantage against stationary Valkyrie) it is also harder to knock out and obviously it is much harder to destabilize it, only because of those little edges it has around the ball tip.

i thought revolve has more burst resistance due to its low friction and i thought only hasbro drivers had differences in tightness not  TT drivers.

Defense is just thicc and revolve is thinn.  That's why there's a tightness difference because defense is more compact.  Also I think you're mixing up Yielding with Revolve.
(Jun. 12, 2017  8:50 PM)1234beyblade Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2017  8:33 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: i thought revolve has more burst resistance due to its low friction and i thought only hasbro drivers had differences in tightness not  TT drivers.

Defense is just thicc and revolve is thinn.  That's why there's a tightness difference because defense is more compact.  Also I think you're mixing up Yielding with Revolve.

I think he was reffering to 'sharp' tip of God-Tier Brust ver, of AS vs Ball of Defence.
(Jun. 12, 2017  8:50 PM)1234beyblade Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2017  8:33 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: i thought revolve has more burst resistance due to its low friction and i thought only hasbro drivers had differences in tightness not  TT drivers.

no im not mixing up revolve with yeilding i thought sharp tips tend to have greater burst resistance due to lesser friction.thats why i thought revolve had better burst resistance than the thicc defense lol.
Can someone try these combos for me please?
Legend Sprigen 8 Glave Hold (its similer to L2 but seeing it can beat dF. Hmm)
Tripio (aka Maximum Garuda) Heavy Yelding (kinda a combo that inproves its burst resistance and ablity to get under opponent or over to destabilize em)
Kries Satan 4 Yelding (well its kinda of a stamina that use Yelding's high raw stamina and ablity to tilt without going too low to destabilize and OS opponent. Shape of layer looks may look to deal with Ko attack and 4 disk without frame goes well with shape of combo atleast in theory)
Maximum Garuda Ring Gyro (similer combo but Gyro's stability may make it different. Ring to improve its balance and help to resist recoil)

In theory those seems could work well but I want to confirm once
(Jul. 22, 2017  3:39 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Can someone try these combos for me please?
Tripio (aka Maximum Garuda) Heavy Yelding (kinda a combo that inproves its burst resistance and ablity to get under opponent or over to destabilize em)
Kries Satan 4 Yelding (well its kinda of a stamina that use Yelding's high raw stamina and ablity to tilt without going too low to destabilize and OS opponent. Shape of layer looks may look to deal with Ko attack and 4 disk without frame goes well with shape of combo atleast in theory)
Maximum Garuda Ring Gyro (similer combo but Gyro's stability may make it different. Ring to improve its balance and help to resist recoil)

ring is very burst prone knuckle or yell would be better
(Jul. 22, 2017  8:25 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jul. 22, 2017  3:39 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Can someone try these combos for me please?

ring is very burst prone knuckle or yell would be better

As we have Gyro or Yeilding + mG doesn't have recoil (unless friction lol) we shouldn't worry about disk's effect on bursting much lol. Its light weight too so it should futher increase burst resistance
Im planning buying lS amd using it with trans, would it be good or what drivers do you suggest, also are there any new good disks?
(Jul. 22, 2017  1:52 PM)Izhkoort Wrote: Im planning buying lS amd using it with trans, would it be good or what drivers do you suggest, also are there any new good disks?

I personally like lS on Trans, and since 7 is now the Heaviest core disk you can make the heaviest disk for whatever reason.
(Jul. 22, 2017  1:52 PM)Izhkoort Wrote: Im planning buying lS amd using it with trans, would it be good or what drivers do you suggest, also are there any new good disks?

it will only be good with trans in attack mode.i would suggest to use it with extreme and hunter but u should try other drivers too like accel etc.
I thought of trans because i have it and its versatility, but i will check hunter too
(Jul. 22, 2017  9:57 PM)Izhkoort Wrote: I thought of trans because i have it and its versatility, but i will check hunter too

Frim my observations lS on Hunter is not so good, I test it against dF.P.At and some right spin beys like NKR. It's good to check it's versatility against all types of beys just in case cause u never know what bey ur opponent will pick in deck format.
(Jul. 22, 2017  9:57 PM)Izhkoort Wrote: I thought of trans because i have it and its versatility, but i will check hunter too

Try with Hold too if possible. Its similer to L2GH which has been extremely successful

lS's ability to switch spin direction and Burst dF (due to kinda its revsered shape of L2 with that massive contact point being in left spin and 2 swords in right) it also can change spin direction