General Burst Combo Discussion

(Jun. 03, 2017  4:43 PM)chips556 Wrote:
(Jun. 03, 2017  4:13 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: Gravity is generally more stamina oriented, however. One of the things is that Heavy focuses it's mass on 4 points, while Gravity does it on 8, so Heavy has more distribution to contact points.

I'm going to go for D2HD/DHD since it is more burst resistant than D2HR/DHR, what matchups are they good against ? I know that D2 destroys L2, what about the different variations of D2 ? I've heard that the blue D2 is more burst resistant due to its' teeth being somewhat "sticky" due to manufacturing defects, and also how does wear affect the layers, as in the teeth being grinded or the plastic layer getting grinded ?

Making list of what D2 doesn't beat is eaiser. It wins against many things except Deathscythe Stamina, Minoboros and Vakyrie Attack
(Jun. 03, 2017  4:43 PM)chips556 Wrote:
(Jun. 03, 2017  4:13 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: Gravity is generally more stamina oriented, however. One of the things is that Heavy focuses it's mass on 4 points, while Gravity does it on 8, so Heavy has more distribution to contact points.

I'm going to go for D2HD/DHD since it is more burst resistant than D2HR/DHR, what matchups are they good against ? I know that D2 destroys L2, what about the different variations of D2 ? I've heard that the blue D2 is more burst resistant due to its' teeth being somewhat "sticky" due to manufacturing defects, and also how does wear affect the layers, as in the teeth being grinded or the plastic layer getting grinded ?

Both Deathsyther's are good against most things that are not original Valkyrie. Blue D2 is more sticky, actually. And the only thing you should have a problem with is that original Deathsyther has a wear problem with the teeth, much like Valkyrie.
many people are using Drain Fafnir in tournaments and I noticed that its really powerful. What combos can stop the Drain Fafnir meta? what are good Drain Fafnir combos?
(Jun. 03, 2017  5:07 PM)Chicken Storm Wrote: many people are using Drain Fafnir in tournaments and I noticed that its really powerful. What combos can stop the Drain Fafnir meta? what are good Drain Fafnir combos?
So far I've found that tornado stallers are good for countering a spin steal heavy dF, but I can't find anything that beats it at stamina. Blaze Ragnaruk with an evasive tip like Revolve or Yielding would probably work well, but that's the best I can do really, and even then there's no guarantee that you can win against a stamina combo with dF, hard launched.
(Jun. 03, 2017  5:01 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(Jun. 03, 2017  4:43 PM)chips556 Wrote: I'm going to go for D2HD/DHD since it is more burst resistant than D2HR/DHR, what matchups are they good against ? I know that D2 destroys L2, what about the different variations of D2 ? I've heard that the blue D2 is more burst resistant due to its' teeth being somewhat "sticky" due to manufacturing defects, and also how does wear affect the layers, as in the teeth being grinded or the plastic layer getting grinded ?

Both Deathsyther's are good against most things that are not original Valkyrie. Blue D2 is more sticky, actually. And the only thing you should have a problem with is that original Deathsyther has a wear problem with the teeth, much like Valkyrie.

How long does D take to wear down, as in around how many uses ? And what are the signs ?
(Jun. 04, 2017  4:29 AM)chips556 Wrote:
(Jun. 03, 2017  5:01 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: Both Deathsyther's are good against most things that are not original Valkyrie. Blue D2 is more sticky, actually. And the only thing you should have a problem with is that original Deathsyther has a wear problem with the teeth, much like Valkyrie.

How long does D take to wear down, as in around how many uses ? And what are the signs ?

The teeth will be shorter and sometimes bent and it will take uslaly between 10-20 battles
Actually, personally I would say five to ten battles only, and that there are no signs. At least for the black Deathscyther.
Wow, it wears out that fast ? At this point, what combo do you guys think are the LEAST likeliest to burst (pre God layer)
what exactly does LAD mean? What combos can beat Drain Fafnir combos?
(Jun. 05, 2017  10:28 PM)Chicken Storm Wrote: what exactly does LAD mean? What combos can beat Drain Fafnir combos?

LAD stands for Life.After.Death. Parts that have high LAD(like Revolve) can basically grind on its side to generate a few more rotations. Parts that have a lot of LAD are usually wide and have a ridge to grind on while low on "spin". People say that Neptune___Revolve can beat Drain Fafnir combos
Just to throw this out there

(Jun. 07, 2017  10:42 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: Just to throw this out there

Still can't believe I forgot to test this after we banned D/D2. Amazing.

Thanks for the video!
why Heavy instead of spread with Wyvern?!
(Jun. 08, 2017  6:24 PM)loyd87 Wrote: why Heavy instead of spread with Wyvern?!

Heavy has better Stamina than Spread, especially on compact Layers like Wyvern. The reason Spread is so popular now is because of Drain Fafnir increasing the importance of life after death, but in straight up same-spin Stamina battles, Heavy has better Stamina generally speaking. That's why Heavy (and Gravity) were so popular before on the WBO and in Japanese tournaments.

A2 might be a different story because it is so wide; I can see Spread perhaps being the best choice on it for that reason, but I'm not sure.
(Jun. 08, 2017  7:24 PM)Kei Wrote:

Heavy has better Stamina than Spread, especially on compact Layers like Wyvern. The reason Spread is so popular now is because of Drain Fafnir increasing the importance of life after death, but in straight up same-spin Stamina battles, Heavy has better Stamina generally speaking. That's why Heavy (and Gravity) were so popular before on the WBO and in Japanese tournaments.

A2 might be a different story because it is so wide; I can see Spread perhaps being the best choice on it for that reason, but I'm not sure.

Why spread over knuckle?
(Jun. 09, 2017  1:20 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2017  7:24 PM)Kei Wrote: Heavy has better Stamina than Spread, especially on compact Layers like Wyvern. The reason Spread is so popular now is because of Drain Fafnir increasing the importance of life after death, but in straight up same-spin Stamina battles, Heavy has better Stamina generally speaking. That's why Heavy (and Gravity) were so popular before on the WBO and in Japanese tournaments.

Why spread over knuckle?

Spread has more Burst Resistance and allows it to wobble on it's side for more time. The burst resistance is handy as A2 has meh teeth.
(Jun. 09, 2017  1:26 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(Jun. 09, 2017  1:20 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: Why spread over knuckle?

Spread has more Burst Resistance and allows it to wobble on it's side for more time. The burst resistance is handy as A2 has meh teeth.

Knuckles has better Burst resistant than spread the reason spread is used is better lad
(Jun. 09, 2017  1:40 PM)mj9 Wrote:
(Jun. 09, 2017  1:26 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: Spread has more Burst Resistance and allows it to wobble on it's side for more time. The burst resistance is handy as A2 has meh teeth.

Knuckles has better Burst resistant than spread the reason spread is used is better lad

but knuckle is also pretty smooth then how does spread has greater LAD?also i heard knuckle has better or equal stamina to spread

(Jun. 08, 2017  7:24 PM)Kei Wrote:

I dont really understand the reason why heavy is better than spread on wyvern i think knuckle will be better then both?
(Jun. 09, 2017  3:02 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jun. 09, 2017  1:40 PM)mj9 Wrote: Knuckles has better Burst resistant than spread the reason spread is used is better lad

but knuckle is also pretty smooth then how does spread has greater LAD?also i heard knuckle has better or equal stamina to spread

(Jun. 08, 2017  7:24 PM)Kei Wrote: Heavy has better Stamina than Spread, especially on compact Layers like Wyvern. The reason Spread is so popular now is because of Drain Fafnir increasing the importance of life after death, but in straight up same-spin Stamina battles, Heavy has better Stamina generally speaking. That's why Heavy (and Gravity) were so popular before on the WBO and in Japanese tournaments.

I dont really understand the reason why heavy is better than spread on wyvern i think knuckle will be better then both?

Spread has a completely smooth bottom, while Knuckle has little bumps.
(Jun. 09, 2017  3:15 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(Jun. 09, 2017  3:02 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: but knuckle is also pretty smooth then how does spread has greater LAD?also i heard knuckle has better or equal stamina to spread

Spread has a completely smooth bottom, while Knuckle has little bumps.

but what about raw stamina can something like N K R outspin N S R.also sorry about the previous double post i am having internet connection problems lately.
I must say that sometimes, I am not one-hundred-percent certain of the validity of the reasons we give hah. Especially in Burst. A lot just relies on that 'balancing' of your parts together and finding the parts that fit the most for the Layer you got, so at some point you just have to advise each person to do tests with their own pieces to see what works best for them.
(Jun. 09, 2017  3:38 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I must say that sometimes, I am not one-hundred-percent certain of the validity of the reasons we give hah. Especially in Burst. A lot just relies on that 'balancing' of your parts together and finding the parts that fit the most for the Layer you got, so at some point you just have to advise each person to do tests with their own pieces to see what works best for them.

This is true to some degree, but I'm pretty sure objectively speaking, Heavy and Gravity have the best overall Stamina potential of any of the available Disks in most situations. Like, in a situation where launch power is equal, I don't think there's any way that using Knuckle on Deathscyther would beat a well-balanced Deathscyther on Heavy no matter how well-balanced you make your Deathscyther Knuckle combination.
(Jun. 10, 2017  2:47 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Jun. 09, 2017  3:38 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I must say that sometimes, I am not one-hundred-percent certain of the validity of the reasons we give hah. Especially in Burst. A lot just relies on that 'balancing' of your parts together and finding the parts that fit the most for the Layer you got, so at some point you just have to advise each person to do tests with their own pieces to see what works best for them.

This is true to some degree, but I'm pretty sure objectively speaking, Heavy and Gravity have the best overall Stamina potential of any of the available Disks in most situations. Like, in a situation where launch power is equal, I don't think there's any way that using Knuckle on Deathscyther would beat a well-balanced Deathscyther on Heavy no matter how well-balanced you make your Deathscyther Knuckle combination.

But can you be so sure that it is because the small bumps on the underside somehow act as a nuisance to precession (not even sure we should be talking about "LAD" in this case at all)? 

To be clear, I am not placing doubt on the conclusions: perhaps Heavy and Gravity are indeed superior for Stamina than Knuckle. However, it is the explanations that people, sometimes me included, have been giving out to new Members that I really doubt are:
1- the one and only reason;
2- even true. 

And Suzaku-X, I really mean no offense in this as it just happens that I wanted to make my point now with this as an example, but your posts have been really helpful and I think you can see how my message applies to several Members in general. I think we need to either study Burst parts and Burst customization harmonization a lot more, or lay off giving any sort of reasoning if we cannot be one-hundred-percent certain. Physics is complex.
Got my carp handed to me today, I ran D2HO and K2KO, bursts count as 2pts, lost 4-0 to stock V2s
(Jun. 10, 2017  10:38 AM)chips556 Wrote: Got my carp handed to me today, I ran D2HO and K2KO, bursts count as 2pts, lost 4-0 to stock V2s

Did you soft launch cause that should not be happening