Geist Fafnir 8' wedge?

After a recent tournament where I lost because the Absorb driver caused me to bounce out of stadium, and I bought random TT boosters, I wondered if the Wedge driver had simular stamina and would prevent the bouncing? The other booster came with Extend. What are your thoughts? 

I also have 0 Turn and 1 Hit if those would also help the combo.
Geist Fafnir is not good, wedge is not good, and 8' is good for attack which this combo isn't an attack so..... ok.........
Put gF on 0P Absorb, that’s the best combo you can do for now. Absorb should never be bouncing since it has the shock absorption gimmick, so my advice would be to practice shooting more Smile
gF 0T Xt. I recommend buying the Aiga launcher set to get Xt+, but I understand if you have a budget. My Geist Fafnir is on it's way, so I'll test gF 0G Xt.
if you have a Destroy Driver, you can do Geist Fafnir.0Hit.Destroy

When you assemble the Bey, make sure that the protrusion of the Hit Frame is aligned with the 1st rubber contact point from the right side of the Level Chip hole of the Layer (this is to ensure some stability and balance).

You can also try Geist Fafnir.0.Xtend/Absorb and just do a soft banking launch vs opposite spin.
If your Absorb is making you bounce out of the stadium, does that mean you were launching Geist Fafnir at full power? The Absorb break gimmick has a common problem of going crazy and self-KO when launched at high speeds.

I suggest trying to launch your combo at half strength next time so your Fafnir can spin steal without the risk of Absorb going crazy. It only works against right spin though..

Wedge is not a great choice since it has a stability problem (easy to wobble). If you want to find a driver that works generally well with Geist Fafnir, I'd suggest to look for Atomic, or maybe Destroy.

Atomic is a generally safe driver choice. Works great in same spin and decent in opposite spin. Its only problem is the meh burst resistance, and IIRC Geist Fafnir does not have great teeth (correct me if I'm wrong), making it a risk against other left spinning beys.

Destroy is supposed to be an attack driver, but it works surprisingly well for spin stealing against right spinning beys. It has good burst resistance so it can still hold its ground against other left spinning beys too. (as long as their burst resistance is lower than yours, like Hell Salamander with Bearing or Atomic)
(Jul. 08, 2019  4:10 AM)eigerblade Wrote: If your Absorb is making you bounce out of the stadium, does that mean you were launching Geist Fafnir at full power? The Absorb break gimmick has a common problem of going crazy and self-KO when launched at high speeds.

I suggest trying to launch your combo at half strength next time so your Fafnir can spin steal without the risk of Absorb going crazy. It only works against right spin though..

Wedge is not a great choice since it has a stability problem (easy to wobble). If you want to find a driver that works generally well with Geist Fafnir, I'd suggest to look for Atomic, or maybe Destroy.

Atomic is a generally safe driver choice. Works great in same spin and decent in opposite spin. Its only problem is the meh burst resistance, and IIRC Geist Fafnir does not have great teeth (correct me if I'm wrong), making it a risk against other left spinning beys.

Destroy is supposed to be an attack driver, but it works surprisingly well for spin stealing against right spinning beys. It has good burst resistance so it can still hold its ground against other left spinning beys too. (as long as their burst resistance is lower than yours, like Hell Salamander with Bearing or Atomic)

Very well said. Just to add though, I tried Polish.Atomic with gF (both with and without Level Chip), and it still kinda sucks even on opposite spin matches. Not sure if there may be a difference with launching 2 Beys by yourself through testing vs simultaneous launches, but even on soft launches gF is struggling to spin-equalize primarily due to its too-aggressive shape. I have also used Absorb quite some time with gF and can definitely vouch for soft to moderate banking launches to make use of it fully (at least against opposite spins); it'll boil down to luck if you fight with it against same spin (stamina isn't too great once Absorb has calmed down, and gF may have already sustained too many self-hits that it would take one kiss from the opponent for a Burst)
No,just no. Geist is a decent layer but outclassed .
(Jan. 13, 2020  1:33 AM)Orpheus Wrote: No,just no. Geist is a decent layer but outclassed .

You dont need to revive a 6 months old thread just to post this
(Jan. 13, 2020  2:25 AM)eigerblade Wrote:
(Jan. 13, 2020  1:33 AM)Orpheus Wrote: No,just no. Geist is a decent layer but outclassed .

You dont need to revive a 6 months old thread just to post this

Yes I do

(Jan. 13, 2020  2:37 AM)Orpheus Wrote:
(Jan. 13, 2020  2:25 AM)eigerblade Wrote: You dont need to revive a 6 months old thread just to post this

Yes I do

Why is that? The person isn’t even active on the WBO anymore. Please don’t be smart with people.
what do you mean by not be smart with people
(Jan. 13, 2020  2:55 AM)Exodus1220 Wrote: what do you mean by not be smart with people

Being smart with people has to do with the "teenager" attitude parents talk about. Also known as talking back to people.
(Jan. 13, 2020  2:55 AM)Exodus1220 Wrote: what do you mean by not be smart with people

He said he needed to revive a 6 month thread after he was told he didn’t need to, and there was no good reason to.
(Jan. 13, 2020  2:37 AM)Orpheus Wrote:
(Jan. 13, 2020  2:25 AM)eigerblade Wrote: You dont need to revive a 6 months old thread just to post this

Yes I do
Oh yeah, this is small brain time.
(Jan. 13, 2020  3:07 AM)Suoh sadboii Wrote:
(Jan. 13, 2020  2:37 AM)Orpheus Wrote: Yes I do
Oh yeah, this is small brain time.

Gotta love your attitude
(Jan. 13, 2020  3:12 AM)Orpheus Wrote:
(Jan. 13, 2020  3:07 AM)Suoh sadboii Wrote: Oh yeah, this is small brain time.

Gotta love your attitude

Yes. I take pride in my ability to instantly make someone saltier than that of an ocean.

But honestly, there was really no reason to revive a thread that was half a year old. Sorry if I hurt your feelings, but I'm gonna stop before I get attacked by mods.
Well, this thread has turned into a complete disaster and I'm going to close it and the people who have been warned about their behavior have been specifically instructed not to do it again and they had all better not.