Gaming Random Thoughts

I know, I'm just having trouble finding the runner visions objects Uncertain
They're bright red, how much more obvious do they need to be? lol
Figuring out where to do is not that hard, is it? I'm playing without runner vision and while I usually get stuck many times, I figure it out eventually. That is part of the fun!

edit: Forgot this: http://kotaku.com/5093592/gran-turismo-5...resolution what the hell Yamauchi. That is insane.
(Nov. 19, 2008  11:51 PM)To Wrote:
(Nov. 19, 2008  7:50 PM)Roan Wrote: A DragonBall Z game sucks?

Who would've thought?

Yeah because these games are all carp horrible .

Look at his points for this review:

Quote:It's not that fighting is broken in this fighter; it's just that it's really boring. You'll tap buttons like mad, and end up just firing off fireballs

The bold is incredibly subjective, and is the biggest fault he has. "It's not the engine, that's good, it's just the fighting isn't my type".

Quote:When Goku's deployed to learn how to block, three fractions are put at the bottom of the screen to represent how many times you have to do each type of block in the allotted amount of time. Oddly, the game never tells you how to do these blocks or which fraction is counting which type of block. You just have to leap around and try to figure out what the hell the game wants.

Except it does, you know before you start the mission by looking at the mission objective option. Good job doing your, you know, job.

Quote:These events aren't fun, and they certainly don't make me feel like I'm playing the anime. Did I miss the episode when floating hexagons descended on the world?

Quote:After defeating Raditz, Goku got to run along a snake in the sky collecting the hexagon checkpoints -- that's all that level was; running along a set path jumping up and grabbing stuff. When that was done, Goku ran around a level trying to grab a banana-hurling monkey named Bubbles, which I know happened in the anime, but is still lame in the game.

Oh, so when you're actually doing stuff in the anime, like running across Snakeway (not just some random snake as his review implies), and fighting it's lame. Gosh, I wonder how you feel about the "Shoot Down The Namek", and the "Train Goku in Space"* mini-games, since you know, those happened in the anime. But it doesn't sound like you got that far.

Quote:"This game has the worst Dragon Ball fighting mechanics I have ever seen," he said after fooling with the controller for a few minutes and before handing the device back to me with a look of disgust. "It's also a really terrible game."

Because the game's system isn't an easy pick-up and play as the previous games have been it's suddenly terrible? Gosh, that must mean Soul Calibur, Street Fighter, Tekken, King Of Fighters, Dead Or Alive, and Virtua Fighter must all be horrid Rimshot The controls in the mini-games that require running can be awkward, but they aren't terrible. After one round of the first mini-game I got the camera control. And the fighting engine just has jacked up difficulty from the previous games. Dude really elaborated at what was at fault on the fighting engine.

I have no problem when the game is legitmately bad or when the reviewer makes good points. But when you sound like you played the game for 2 seconds (seconded by the fact he doesn't mention anything past the Saiyan arch) I can't take your opinion seriously. I haven't read everyone else's opinion on the game. I'd understand if he faulted the terrible lip-syncing, or the fact it lacks a tournament mode, or the varying degrees in quality for the cutscenes, or even the fact that the menu lacks the voices that have been present in the previous games. I would also understand if he praised the game's soundtrack, or the fact that it took out the most hated feature of Budokai 3, Dragon Rush. But he didn't, he said the fighting bored him.

Infinte World is no way worse then Sagas.

Someone is going to reply to my post with a Words , :downswords: , Effort? aren't they? Probably because I just swung that door wide open right now.

* Denotes a made up name for the mini-games.
dude at the end of the day, its just one other dudes opinion.

I easily (bit less now) get caught up by game reviews and metacritic scores and whatever
but really its hard to know anymore the bias, if theres bribing, advertising. lots of BS that can carp with scores. I have since tended to check forums to get more straight up opinions.
i like playing dragonball z burst limit demo on the 360

i want the full game lmao

edit: just got the xbox update and i love it. it'll take some getting used to for me though.

anyone know how to change the background for your profile when people see you on your buddy list etc? i see some with giant robots, buildings, urban areas, trains, etc. i want to know what i have currently set as my background and how to change it/where to get additional backgrounds if possible, lol
Dragonball Z still kicks carp (;
the new DS game scored great from what I've seen
and Burst Limit did well too..I'm hoping it gets marked as a $20 dollar game soon, so I can pick it up

Beat Far Cry 2 yesterday with 35 hours on campaign.
Some achievements are really dumb and seeing as I didn't want to spoil the story,
I didn't look at them until I beat campaign.
So basically I need to play through it a second time to get a few of the ones I missed.

I've also decided I'm going to try and raise a bunch of my gamer scores on games Lips_sealed
I keep leaving them half beat and it pisses me off seeing '500/1000'
its a huge pet peeve but w/e

EDIT
(Nov. 19, 2008  9:28 PM)King of Darkness Wrote: Just a heads up, don't install Halo 3 in the HDD, it has been reported to have slower loading times when playing online this way.
Haven't loaded up my 360 yet today, but I should be downloading the NXE update later.

Something cool, Halo 3's Valhalla map recreated in Far Cry 2:

Valhallacry

Awesome B)

wow I need this
someone recreated outset island. it's not published though =(
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/7316/imga0542to4.jpg
ebay has sellers selling burst limit at around 25 with shipping included.
All of Nintendo's current problems can be found in the Animal Crossing commercial.
(Nov. 21, 2008  9:43 PM)bugturtles Wrote: anyone know how to change the background for your profile when people see you on your buddy list etc? i see some with giant robots, buildings, urban areas, trains, etc. i want to know what i have currently set as my background and how to change it/where to get additional backgrounds if possible, lol

I was wondering this too, but they seemed to change each time I checked, so I guess it's just random.

(Nov. 22, 2008  7:55 PM)Guitar_Legend Wrote: someone recreated outset island. it's not published though =(
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/7316/imga0542to4.jpg

Woah, that's great, the view even makes it look cartoony =o WW ftw
OMG Diego on the WII!!! I must have! /sarcasim
[Image: godiego-wii.jpg]
yaaaaaay i can get a game for ma wii today,n i need ur help guys.i want (sonic unleashed,need for speed undercover, cod 5,animal crossing,rayman raving rabbidds)plz help me choose cuz my parents allowed me to get only 1
Umm,....Meh.

It's Either Sonic or Animal Crossing(if you like that kinda game)

And OMG Fallout 3 is soo huge and open! I'm totally lost!
I find Animal Crossing fun. However if you play it too much it gets boring (from my experience with the GCN and DS versions).

Play a lot, get bored of it, not come back to it, then come back to it. That's how I did it, but your village will look like carp lmao.
(Nov. 23, 2008  2:14 PM)pegasis Wrote: yaaaaaay i can get a game for ma wii today,n i need ur help guys.i want (sonic unleashed,need for speed undercover, cod 5,animal crossing,rayman raving rabbidds)plz help me choose cuz my parents allowed me to get only 1

I don't think you can really go wrong with any of those games. Just don't get Rayman Raving Rabbids.
Get Call of Duty. Its the only game of those you listed that actually looks decent.
after a week of online play, i already have 1000 kills in CoD5
really wierd, because after 4 months of CoD4, i only got 2500 kills lol

it might be because i had some experience with the controls and stuff from CoD4, but last time i played CoD4 was in april lol
(Nov. 23, 2008  10:23 PM)bugturtles Wrote: I find Animal Crossing fun. However if you play it too much it gets boring (from my experience with the GCN and DS versions).

Unfortunately the Wii AC is literally exactly the same as the DS version.
i got cod5 Smile its really good,but i suck in it when am playing online lol,any way i will get all of the other games i listed next week cuz it will be my birthday Smile
http://www.dpadmagazine.com/2008/11/22/h...o-blowout/

I'd be all over LBP PSP, and Motorstorm PSP. It also fits with Yoshida's 2009 will be the year that people will say "That's on PSP?!?!", but hey, Im sure they could get more people gawking in amazement if they got a Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry, and you know, VaporWare Limited's Gran Turismo Mobile. on the hand-held.

Other stuff doesn't really interest me, I like Uncharted (but carp, I wanted a Next-Gen Jak & Daxter Naughty Dog), and GoW, but Im still iffy on Killzone 2. And a cheaper PS3 does me no good since I already have one.

But that stuff only applies if this stuff is actually true...
(Nov. 25, 2008  9:11 AM)To Wrote: http://www.dpadmagazine.com/2008/11/22/h...o-blowout/

I'd be all over LBP PSP, and Motorstorm PSP. It also fits with Yoshida's 2009 will be the year that people will say "That's on PSP?!?!", but hey, Im sure they could get more people gawking in amazement if they got a Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry, and you know, VaporWare Limited's Gran Turismo Mobile. on the hand-held.

Other stuff doesn't really interest me, I like Uncharted (but carp, I wanted a Next-Gen Jak & Daxter Naughty Dog), and GoW, but Im still iffy on Killzone 2. And a cheaper PS3 does me no good since I already have one.

But that stuff only applies if this stuff is actually true...

Ugh, to be honest, i don't think they've understood the PSP's problems at all. Rather than converting existing brands, they need to start creating new ones for the PSP system. I'm simply not inclined to buy a PSP for LittleBigPlanet when my friend has it on PS3 next door.

Why has Crisis Core sold well? It's not a port. It's an original game that FF fans can't buy for anything else.
(Nov. 25, 2008  3:53 PM)Nikku Wrote: Ugh, to be honest, i don't think they've understood the PSP's problems at all. Rather than converting existing brands, they need to start creating new ones for the PSP system. I'm simply not inclined to buy a PSP for LittleBigPlanet when my friend has it on PS3 next door.

Why has Crisis Core sold well? It's not a port. It's an original game that FF fans can't buy for anything else.

Other then Parappa I don't know of any game that Sony ported onto the PSP. They created new iterations of existing brands exclusively for the handheld, not simply porting over older stuff (*cough* Just like Square Enix and FFVII: Crisis Core). Which is why I hate that arguement. It wasn't true in 2005, and it isn't true in 2008. Sony never truly ported a game onto the PSP (with that sole exception noted above).

And carp, had LocoRoco, Jeanne D'arc and Patapon sold super gangbusters maybe Sony would be open to launching new franchises on the handheld.

With franchises that have been proven Sony knows they can make a return from the casual PSP owner. Where as launching a new franchise with no steady base on a handheld ripe with Piracy is just too risky.
I have to side with Nikku on this.

You're right, other than Parappa they have never directly ported an existing franchise to the system. What they have done, however, is take games designed for the console space (particularly the PS2) and dumbed them down to work on PSP's admittedly handicapped control scheme to various results. They took this approach with God of War: Chains of Olympus and it still turned out to be an amazing game, but the fact of the matter is most of these games don't turn out so well.

I think a large part of the problem lies with third party developers who do not understand the PSP as a system and make little to no effort to take advantage of its capabilities. The PSP has become a wasteland of carp licensed games and watered down versions of the current gen consoles big third party titles. (Need for Speed, Madden, Ghost Recon, etc.) The shovelware on the system really needs to stop, but I don't foresee it stopping anytime soon because if it weren't for those games there would be literally nothing coming out for the system.

Piracy is a huge issue and I think its a valid concern for developers and publishers. Who wants to invest their money in a product that they will likely make little to no profit from since the ISO will end up online? No one does and I can't blame them. I realize this isn't Sony's fault as they've taken so many measures to stop piracy on the system, but it seems like no matter what they do the hackers are always one step behind. They've gotten through nearly every barrier Sony has put up, and they even just managed to crack the PSP-3000, which Sony labeled "hacker-proof".

I think no matter how well the PSP is selling right now, its not selling because people want the games on the system, because frankly what's worth playing is a very small number of games. Piracy has become so rampant on the system that even every day people know about it and want in on it. That's a huge problem and no matter what Sony does its not going to change anytime soon because the hacking community around PSP is so ingrained with what they're doing.