Gaming Random Thoughts

(Nov. 13, 2008  7:29 PM)Roan Wrote: Mirror's Edge seriously makes me want to choke an orphan.

ITS REALLY carp HARD.

Are you playing without Runner Vision enabled?

(Nov. 14, 2008  5:00 AM)Roan Wrote: Mirror's Edge: My Review

Let me know what you guys think. Smile

I will be sure to read your review tomorrow!
(Nov. 14, 2008  5:19 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Nov. 13, 2008  7:29 PM)Roan Wrote: Mirror's Edge seriously makes me want to choke an orphan.

ITS REALLY carp HARD.

Are you playing without Runner Vision enabled?

I will be sure to read your review tomorrow!

I was playing with it on at first and then I turned it off. I played on Normal without using guns, which I'm sure made the game more difficult than it should have been, but I feel like that's the only way to play it.

Also this!
*singing* "I'm just a bad guuuuyyy!"

I always crack into song when playing Guilty Gear with Sol Badguy XD
(Nov. 14, 2008  9:00 AM)May The Pirate Wrote: *singing* "I'm just a bad guuuuyyy!"

Badguy's fun. I'm best with Testament and Slayer (both named after two amazing bands<3)

My girlfriend's main is May, but she does much better with Dizzy.
(Nov. 14, 2008  9:25 AM)AnchoredCross Wrote:
(Nov. 14, 2008  9:00 AM)May The Pirate Wrote: *singing* "I'm just a bad guuuuyyy!"

Badguy's fun. I'm best with Testament and Slayer (both named after two amazing bands<3)

My girlfriend's main is May, but she does much better with Dizzy.

You've probably guessed my fave is May already (Avatar and sig kinda gives it away, lol)

Dreamborn uses Testament a lot, and Venom (Snooker Cue guy FTW!)
and hates it because I keep grappling him when he goes to attack me XD

I find Dizzy really difficult to use, She works better at a distance I noticed whereas I prefer close combat which is probably why I can't use her XD

Have you played on the one for the Wii?
(Nov. 14, 2008  9:29 AM)May The Pirate Wrote: Have you played on the one for the Wii?

Nooo Gasp

But I'll get around to it before the end of this year. I'm planing on grabbin' a few Wii games sometime soon for a special occasion.

How is it?
(Nov. 14, 2008  5:27 AM)Roan Wrote: I was playing with it on at first and then I turned it off. I played on Normal without using guns, which I'm sure made the game more difficult than it should have been, but I feel like that's the only way to play it.

Also this!

Ah, same here. It doesn't feel right to use guns. I hate that level where the guys with shotguns first show up. So annoying; especially when you aren't sure where to go.

It's back! Gasp
man i finished my no more heroes in 4 days! Unhappy am board again

Good review. I get it eventually, i don't have time to enjoy it.

every1 Killzone 2 is rocking thousands of socks.
(Nov. 14, 2008  5:00 AM)Roan Wrote: Also this!

Nice, looking forward to this =)
Also, nice job on the review. I haven't played the full game, only the demo which I though was great and the reviews so far have been a bit harsh on it I think.
"I think on one hand the Wii has become the most expensive board game on Earth - it's the kind of thing that families will play at Christmas, and probably won't play again throughout the remainder of the year. So things like Wii Sports, Wii Fit to a certain extent, that's great. "

lol, what a true quote, coming from some sega employee

btw i got cod5 today, (i think) im at the final single player mission, but i had played for like 4 hours straight and needed a break lol
cant wait to try it out online Smile
(Nov. 14, 2008  9:32 AM)AnchoredCross Wrote:
(Nov. 14, 2008  9:29 AM)May The Pirate Wrote: Have you played on the one for the Wii?

Nooo Gasp

But I'll get around to it before the end of this year. I'm planing on grabbin' a few Wii games sometime soon for a special occasion.

How is it?

It's good in my opinion, however it's probably a good idea to use the classic controller, I personally can't use analog sticks properly so I can't play it using the Wii remote and Nunchuk.
On the classic controller you can use the D-pad and whatnot.
There's practically all of the characters in it, I was very surprised to see Order Sol, since he wasn't in the PSP games as far as I remember.
A DragonBall Z game sucks?

Who would've thought?
You won't find a bigger Dragon Ball Z fan in the IGN office than Shivam Bhatt, our media assistant. The guy's got full sets of toys and DVDs, he wrote college papers about the series, he's learned to sing the theme songs, and he's watched the entire anime in five different languages -- even teaching himself Japanese through the show.

Now that you know that, know this: even Shivam thinks Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World sucks.

lol
augh bug
Woooooo

New Xbox Experience rules. Installing games to the hard drive for the win. Suck my carp disc read error.
Just a heads up, don't install Halo 3 in the HDD, it has been reported to have slower loading times when playing online this way.
Haven't loaded up my 360 yet today, but I should be downloading the NXE update later.

Something cool, Halo 3's Valhalla map recreated in Far Cry 2:

Valhallacry

Awesome B)
(Nov. 19, 2008  7:50 PM)Roan Wrote: A DragonBall Z game sucks?

Who would've thought?

Yeah because these games are all carp horrible .

Look at his points for this review:

Quote:It's not that fighting is broken in this fighter; it's just that it's really boring. You'll tap buttons like mad, and end up just firing off fireballs

The bold is incredibly subjective, and is the biggest fault he has. "It's not the engine, that's good, it's just the fighting isn't my type".

Quote:When Goku's deployed to learn how to block, three fractions are put at the bottom of the screen to represent how many times you have to do each type of block in the allotted amount of time. Oddly, the game never tells you how to do these blocks or which fraction is counting which type of block. You just have to leap around and try to figure out what the hell the game wants.

Except it does, you know before you start the mission by looking at the mission objective option. Good job doing your, you know, job.

Quote:These events aren't fun, and they certainly don't make me feel like I'm playing the anime. Did I miss the episode when floating hexagons descended on the world?

Quote:After defeating Raditz, Goku got to run along a snake in the sky collecting the hexagon checkpoints -- that's all that level was; running along a set path jumping up and grabbing stuff. When that was done, Goku ran around a level trying to grab a banana-hurling monkey named Bubbles, which I know happened in the anime, but is still lame in the game.

Oh, so when you're actually doing stuff in the anime, like running across Snakeway (not just some random snake as his review implies), and fighting it's lame. Gosh, I wonder how you feel about the "Shoot Down The Namek", and the "Train Goku in Space"* mini-games, since you know, those happened in the anime. But it doesn't sound like you got that far.

Quote:"This game has the worst Dragon Ball fighting mechanics I have ever seen," he said after fooling with the controller for a few minutes and before handing the device back to me with a look of disgust. "It's also a really terrible game."

Because the game's system isn't an easy pick-up and play as the previous games have been it's suddenly terrible? Gosh, that must mean Soul Calibur, Street Fighter, Tekken, King Of Fighters, Dead Or Alive, and Virtua Fighter must all be horrid Rimshot The controls in the mini-games that require running can be awkward, but they aren't terrible. After one round of the first mini-game I got the camera control. And the fighting engine just has jacked up difficulty from the previous games. Dude really elaborated at what was at fault on the fighting engine.

I have no problem when the game is legitmately bad or when the reviewer makes good points. But when you sound like you played the game for 2 seconds (seconded by the fact he doesn't mention anything past the Saiyan arch) I can't take your opinion seriously. I haven't read everyone else's opinion on the game. I'd understand if he faulted the terrible lip-syncing, or the fact it lacks a tournament mode, or the varying degrees in quality for the cutscenes, or even the fact that the menu lacks the voices that have been present in the previous games. I would also understand if he praised the game's soundtrack, or the fact that it took out the most hated feature of Budokai 3, Dragon Rush. But he didn't, he said the fighting bored him.

Infinte World is no way worse then Sagas.

Someone is going to reply to my post with a Words , :downswords: , Effort? aren't they? Probably because I just swung that door wide open right now.

* Denotes a made up name for the mini-games.
who exactly are you writing to
(Nov. 19, 2008  11:56 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: who exactly are you writing to

I was questioning that myself. The infinite list of links was obviously in regards to Roan's sarcastic post about it being a shock that a DragonBall game was bad. The disection of the review is probably something I should have posted on IGN.

Either way, it's still on the internet, and now I've vented. I'm good for today.
um ok? o0, Mirrors edge is really hard for me. Even with runner's vision I have no idea where I'm going half the time.
Press B, it'll lead you in the right direction.
I do, it shows you where to end up, not all of the little places you need to go.
Exactly. That's what makes it a game. You have to figure things out for yourself.