Gaming Random Thoughts

Ahem...

In other news, Saints Row 2 is carp' amazing. Has anyone else tried out the character customization? My guy seriously looks EXACTLY like me!

For those of you who aren't familiar with the game, it allows you to create your character with virtually no limitations. There are a ton of different settings to choose from, ultimately making your character completely unique to you. You can choose from broader, general settings like muscularity, fatness, and age, as well as more specific details like upper eye curve, nose bridge depth, and jowl height. There are hundreds of different subcategories that you set from 1-100 (in terms of depth, 1 is usually closest to the face where as 100 is farther. When dealing with height, 1 is the lowest, and so on and so forth).

If you'd like to see a comparison of my in-game character to a picture of me just let me know.
(Nov. 01, 2008  10:05 PM)bugturtles Wrote: then get with the times and stop complaining about the music

But I like that song...
(Nov. 02, 2008  8:54 AM)EverlastingBlader Wrote: OMG Finally beat the Bunker!! YES!!

REALLY! damn good job!
i dunno if i wanna touch that level for ages lol
(Nov. 02, 2008  12:06 AM)AnchoredCross Wrote: If you'd like to see a comparison of my in-game character to a picture of me just let me know.

Yes!
Blue, you just have to keep going at it. I personally got lucky tho.

Also it's the second t last level for story mode and SOMEHOW MM made the final stage/boss feel Epic!
(Nov. 03, 2008  12:15 AM)shikamaru526 Wrote:
(Nov. 02, 2008  12:06 AM)AnchoredCross Wrote: If you'd like to see a comparison of my in-game character to a picture of me just let me know.

Yes!

Haha, alright. I'm shaved in both of these pictures and have a different expression, but you get the idea:

[Image: andrewsaintsrow1.png]

[Image: andrewsaintsrow2.png]

The customization options are virtually limitless. I love the artstyle in Saint's Row a LOT more than GTA. It's very comic-book influenced, and the animation has a goofier childish appeal to it that Rockstar lost after Vice City.

To anyone that owns a 360/PS3 and is into free-roam action adventure games, Saint's Row 2 is definitely worth the buy!
(Nov. 03, 2008  4:50 AM)AnchoredCross Wrote:
(Nov. 03, 2008  12:15 AM)shikamaru526 Wrote:

Yes!

Haha, alright. I'm shaved in both of these pictures and have a different expression, but you get the idea:

[Image: andrewsaintsrow1.png]

[Image: andrewsaintsrow2.png]

The customization options are virtually limitless. I love the artstyle in Saint's Row a LOT more than GTA. It's very comic-book influenced, and the animation has a goofier childish appeal to it that Rockstar lost after Vice City.

To anyone that owns a 360/PS3 and is into free-roam action adventure games, Saint's Row 2 is definitely worth the buy!

Is it possible to make the eyebrows so that they aren't at a slant? Your eyebrows don't move upward, judging from the pics.

It also looks like your virtual nose is slightly too wide. Other than that, it looks very similar.
(Nov. 05, 2008  3:05 AM)Grey Wrote: Is it possible to make the eyebrows so that they aren't at a slant? Your eyebrows don't move upward, judging from the pics.

It also looks like your virtual nose is slightly too wide. Other than that, it looks very similar.

I know what you mean. I think the eyebrows are slanted that way because I have it set to a serious expression. And unfortunately you can't make the nose any thinner without it looking disproportionate...

On that note it is kinda limited. Even the hair isn't at the right length. Still, it's a lot better than any other one I've seen, even Oblivion's.
New Burnout Paradise DLC

A hover car, really? REALLY?!
(Nov. 07, 2008  10:36 PM)Kei Wrote: New Burnout Paradise DLC

dude it's the car from back to the future
I can't wait to see if you can activate the hovering feature during actual races

HHAHAAHHAHAHA YES

I am so glad I didn't trade this game in.
(Nov. 07, 2008  10:40 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:

dude it's the car from back to the future

HOLY carp MCFLY
I caught that damn dirty ape in Infinite World. For $30, a good purchase.

REALLY.. carp cool I thought, saw on ps blog earlier today, might buy. dude i love how its supposed to leave flaming trails. carp i want back to the future on DVD/bluray someday, they were great movies.

On that note i was playing paradise today with a friend and we were laughing our asses off. anyway i made a custom soundtrack and this game got sooo much better just having my own music.
so i'll give it another try hahaha. no doubt they are almost great devs for thier free dlc.

I have a few other game random thoughts:

I can't say much about KILLZONE except that its is good, really good. Now I have a headset, so I'll see how much better it gets. It looks seriously amazing, even on SD. can't really fault the gameplay yet either.

also online play of this-gen gaming is now really starting to appeal to me, too bad im in school...
Does anyone know if the 60 GB HDD pack Microsoft just released comes with a transfer cable?

I want to get a new HDD so I can install my games once the New Xbox Experience drops, but I don't want to screw myself and not be able to transfer my data.
just got no more heroes wii and its the best wii game i ever played Smile
(Nov. 11, 2008  8:56 PM)Roan Wrote: Does anyone know if the 60 GB HDD pack Microsoft just released comes with a transfer cable?

I want to get a new HDD so I can install my games once the New Xbox Experience drops, but I don't want to screw myself and not be able to transfer my data.

I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think it comes with one. I know for certain that the 120 GB HDD does.

Also, what size HDD are you currently using, 20? Keep in mind you can only transfer data from a smaller capacity HDD to a larger.

Quote:Content can only ever be moved from a smaller source drive to a destination drive that is the same size or larger and only one time. For example, the following hard drive pairings allow transfer from source to (">") destination:

20GB > 20GB
20GB > 60GB
20GB > 120GB
60GB > 60GB
60GB > 120GB
120GB > 120GB

(Nov. 13, 2008  12:42 PM)pegasis Wrote: just got no more heroes wii and its the best wii game i ever played Smile

Haven't gotten around to playing it yet... Looks pretty fun.
Mirror's Edge seriously makes me want to choke an orphan.

ITS REALLY carp HARD.

Also yes, I'm using a 20 GB.
carp YES cod5 being released here tomorrow
never been so exited for a game FKJAHSFKJSHkjhdsfjkhsdfkwshfdkfew
Thinking about trading in Little Big Planet.

I don't play it much anymore.
http://kotaku.com/5085433/spike-tv-annou...ewcomments

Lol at:
Best Game Based on a Movie or a TV Show
Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures
Quantum of Solace
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Naruto: The Broken Bond

Of the two released Naruto on PS3 has a better metacritic yet it got shut out (it should have went for best graphics).