Poll: Is this combo "unbeatable"?

No
58.00%
Yes
22.00%
Not consistently
20.00%
Total: 100% 50 vote(s)
I'm pretty sure Dan found out about it first.
If you came up with it and have the parts, you can see which combo can beat it. That's the purpose of this thread, so feel free to contribute.
(Apr. 18, 2011  3:04 PM)Chupa Chups Wrote: I'm pretty sure Dan found out about it first.

Find out about what? MF-H Basalt Bull BD145CS?
(Apr. 18, 2011  2:06 PM)Chupa Chups Wrote: Guys do you want me to sat it anymore.

You are obviously gonna win with a Stamina.

It's Commkn sense Defense > Stamina.

Nope, Attack types and stamina types can beat Basalt BD145 MB, Fang is a good option. e.g. Fang BD145 CS.
What I am saying is that Stamina beats this Combo on CS. On MB it will be Close.

We haven't found a attack type yet. Our only hope is the speed of XF.
I hope you know this isn't pure "defence", it's heavily stamina too. Anything below 100 height will drop to the BD145 plastic collision therefore your "tank" will OS. Traditional stamina beaten is a possibility. Furthermore MF-H Basalt 230CS isn't solo defence nor solo stamina. Basalt on Basalt will give you such a vast majority of KO's, on 230 you can avoid the BD145 contact.

To be an "attack" type you do not need to KO and yet this Basalt 230 should not be considered Defence nor Stamina, but it's more Balance. The KO factor is incredibly high due to the unstable movement Basalt provides with even such tips as D.

Aggressive CS with MF-H Basalt 230CS can "attack" providing KO's and "attack" providing heavy punches but OSing.
I forgot to mention this earlier. I don't know if it's obvious or not. My combo basically circles around, waiting for the Basalt combo's Stamina to drain. Then, when it's wobbling, it comes in for the kill. It's quite effective. The only problem is mastering XF, which I haven't done yet. I'll still test XF on Attack combos to see if the speed can do it.
Well that's it isn't it that's the thing about it. It is Versatile. Pure Stamina I believ is it's only minor flaw. But most of the time it is half Half.

It can provide KOs quite Often too. It's Unpredictable.

I wonder how this would Fair if we Chucked a WD on it...
(Apr. 18, 2011  3:21 PM)Mr. N Wrote: I forgot to mention this earlier. I don't know if it's obvious or not. My combo basically circles around, waiting for the Basalt combo's Stamina to drain. Then, when it's wobbling, it comes in for the kill. It's quite effective. The only problem is mastering XF, which I haven't done yet. I'll still test XF on Attack combos to see if the speed can do it.
If it's circling and not making contact, use a MF-H and watch the results - It will usually do better if you add more weight do a non-contact making combo.
(Apr. 18, 2011  3:03 PM)Bakers Dozen Wrote: Soz if im going off topic but
NNNNOOOOOOO I came up with that but didn't tell anyone and now heaps of people know. Its my greatest combo!

NO, you saw me use it at the previous tournament.
Btw, The BD145 does beat 230s a lot of the time, HOWEVER it fails against Hell Kerbecs 230CS and LTSC.
WD doesn't cover enough surface area and fails at low angular velocity where the protusions on BD145 scrape the floor and dies out. BD145WD was ignored a while back when it's not used it boost mode.

MF-H Basalt 230CS is not a stamina type. It is not a defence type. In the UK we use the KO factor as much as the OS factor, therefore it is unstable to type and most beys. Far too vague and say "you can't test this". If you really want MF-H Basalt 230CS is an attacking stamina type with defencive capabilities in any order.
(Apr. 18, 2011  3:23 PM)ControL_ Wrote:
(Apr. 18, 2011  3:21 PM)Mr. N Wrote: I forgot to mention this earlier. I don't know if it's obvious or not. My combo basically circles around, waiting for the Basalt combo's Stamina to drain. Then, when it's wobbling, it comes in for the kill. It's quite effective. The only problem is mastering XF, which I haven't done yet. I'll still test XF on Attack combos to see if the speed can do it.
If it's circling and not making contact, use a MF-H and watch the results - It will usually do better if you add more weight do a non-contact making combo.

I did try it earlier today, but it didn't have enough Stamina... Maybe MF-L or MF-M?
(Apr. 18, 2011  3:25 PM)GreeNxBlader Wrote:
NNNNOOOOOOO I came up with that but didn't tell anyone and now heaps of people know. Its my greatest combo!

Btw, The BD145 does beat 230s a lot of the time, HOWEVER it fails against Hell Kerbecs 230CS and LTSC.
230s a lot of a time. That's like saying 90s beats 85s a lot of the time. Your putting 230 on WD/PD like someone may "badly" put 85 on SF. Hell/Flame/Basalt 230CS/D/WB are viable 230s you want to test against. Just because the 230 hype is so high does not mean you can vaguely slap parts onto it.

If you test BD145 against a viable 230 combo, you will see BD145 do less well.
(Apr. 18, 2011  3:28 PM)Mr. N Wrote:

I did try it earlier today, but it didn't have enough Stamina... Maybe MF-L or MF-M?
That's not how it works. You will sometimes want more weight when not making contact and circling. That's why when i just used MF-H it just won.
(Apr. 18, 2011  3:29 PM)ControL_ Wrote:

230s a lot of a time. That's like saying 90s beats 85s a lot of the time. Your putting 230 on WD/PD like someone may "badly" put 85 on SF. Hell/Flame/Basalt 230CS/D/WB are viable 230s you want to test against. Just because the 230 hype is so high does not mean you can vaguely slap parts onto it.

That's not how it works. You want more weight when not making contact and circling. That's why when i just used MF-H it just won.

OK, I'll try it again.

Edit: I tried it, and it was much better. It got outspun by the Basalt combo sometimes though. MF-H keeps it in the stadium, and I find it best if you have Flame Cancer circle around on the TR for a while. I can't seem to consistently do that, so I'm going to practice a bit before I test. Thanks for your help, ControL_!
(Apr. 18, 2011  3:34 PM)Mr. N Wrote:

That's not how it works. You want more weight when not making contact and circling. That's why when i just used MF-H it just won.

OK, I'll try it again.

Why? A sliding shoot doesn't work?
(Apr. 18, 2011  3:48 PM)Janstarblast Wrote:
(Apr. 18, 2011  3:34 PM)Mr. N Wrote:

OK, I'll try it again.

Why? A sliding shoot doesn't work?

With this combo, you want it to circle around the TR for as long as possible. You want to waste all of the Basalt Combo's Stamina, so when it comes in, it just knocks it over. The future looks pretty bright for this combo. Could someone else please test it?
Janstarblast
Not only does a sliding shoot not work, but circles for longer than BD145MB/CS spins in the centre. The weight shifting around the outside outspins the bey spinning in the centre, when XF slows down, the virbration of a non-spiky tip causes destabilization. XF wins.

Furthermore due to the lack of contact, you may want to try heavier metal wheels. Libra/Basalt and if they are too unstable, Burn has a long solospin time.
(Apr. 18, 2011  3:52 PM)ControL_ Wrote: Janstarblast
Not only does a sliding shoot not work, but circles for longer than BD145MB/CS spins in the centre. The weight shifting around the outside outspins the bey spinning in the centre, when XF slows down, the virbration of a non-spiky tip causes destabilization. XF wins.

Furthermore due to the lack of contact, you may want to try heavier metal wheels. Libra/Basalt and if they are too unstable, Burn has a long solospin time.

I did Flame, so it didn't floor scrape. I tried with Hell, but it got KOed. I'll try it again with an MF-H. I don't own 2 Basalts, so I'll do it with Libra/Hell. I'll borrow my friend's Basalt later this week. Should I only use 85, or is there another Track that I can use? I used 85 for good Balance when it finally got into the center.

MF-H Hell Unicorno 85XF VS MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS
Standard Procedures
Hell Unicorno Launched Regularly 100%
Hell Unicorno Win Rate - 80% (8OSs)

The reason Hell lost 2 times is because I accidentally did something wrong, and it kept on hitting Basalt Kerbecs. I have yet to master the XF launch technique, but I think I'm getting close.
that combo is beatable I beat tested it w/ stratus G. and i was able to knock it out w/ my lighting l dragoSW145 WB.
seeeesh just use this combo MF VulcanHorseus
85R2F
do you mean to say that this combo will work out against Basalt Leone? I don't think its a great idea... Still, I think Mr. N has other ideas..
(Apr. 18, 2011  4:03 PM)rockleone121 Wrote: seeeesh just use this combo MF VulcanHorseus
85R2F

BD145 will completely nullify hits from Vulcan, so at the end of they day, the dog beats the bird.
Everytime I face this combo, I beat it. For those who battled me in the tournament, you already know what I use to kill it very often and if I can't KO it, it will be a tie. Most people know it as my "Lightning Tank" and only one person on this entire forum uses it just like me. The tank has been busted 3 tournaments ago.
(Apr. 18, 2011  4:22 PM)Bluezee Wrote: Everytime I face this combo, I beat it. For those who battled me in the tournament, you already know what I use to kill it very often and if I can't KO it, it will be a tie. Most people know it as my "Lightning Tank" and only one person on this entire forum uses it just like me. The tank has been busted 3 tournaments ago.

What is the combo? I can't attend tournaments due to me being far away from where the majority of them are being held.
(Apr. 18, 2011  4:22 PM)Bluezee Wrote: Everytime I face this combo, I beat it. For those who battled me in the tournament, you already know what I use to kill it very often and if I can't KO it, it will be a tie. Most people know it as my "Lightning Tank" and only one person on this entire forum uses it just like me. The tank has been busted 3 tournaments ago.

What's this business of secrecy? If you're not happy to divulge, this post is pretty much SPAM, because anyone can say that they can beat anything, without giving details.