Feeling Sick? Don't show up to a WBO Tournament!

I can't believe I have to write this, but, here we are!

Hey bladers! Feeling down? Feeling unwell? Are you literally sick with a cold or a fever or a flu or a stomach virus or something even slightly contagious?

Then stay the heck away from WBO tournaments until you feel better!

When you're sick, and you go to a tournament... you could make other people sick! That's bad! Don't do that!

We had a tournament on Saturday, where afterwards, a bunch of people got really sick afterwards! Some of them are still sick!

Parents, don't bring sick children or family members or selves to tournaments! Don't spread contagious conditions to other people at WBO events! Just wait for the next one.

And if you don't show up, because you're sick or the person driving you is sick, don't forget to leave a note that you can't make it in the tournament thread.
What if isn’t contagious? Like hives?
Probably still shouldn't be going. If you're sick, you should be recovering. Definitely NOT blading at a tournament.
(Jan. 21, 2020  9:57 PM)Armor Wrote: Probably still shouldn't be going. If you're sick, you should be recovering. Definitely blading at a tournament.

Definitely (not) blading at a tournament.
Unfortunately, you can't really control other people.
(Jan. 21, 2020  10:04 PM)NAP Wrote: Unfortunately, you can't really control other people.

Yeah, but it’s nice to at least get the word out so people are aware.
It's kinda strange that it's gotten to this point.
(Jan. 21, 2020  9:59 PM)Infinite.Zero Wrote:
(Jan. 21, 2020  9:57 PM)Armor Wrote: Probably still shouldn't be going. If you're sick, you should be recovering. Definitely blading at a tournament.

Definitely (not) blading at a tournament.

oops...
There is a non-contagious after cough going around that I had and all it is is annoying and I asked my doctor when I had it and he said it was fine.

(Jan. 21, 2020  11:47 PM)Dacatman Wrote: There is a non-contagious after cough going around that I had and all it is is annoying and I asked my doctor when I had it and he said it was fine.
By going around I mean after a sickness or sometimes it just pops up.

It’s not contagious.
Well it's kinda sad that this thread even had to be made.
(Jan. 22, 2020  12:59 AM)BloodyPhoenix Wrote: Well it's kinda sad that this thread even had to be made.

I agree
(Jan. 21, 2020  11:47 PM)Dacatman Wrote: There is a non-contagious after cough going around that I had and all it is is annoying and I asked my doctor when I had it and he said it was fine.

It’s not contagious.

If you're coughing up a storm, maybe just hold off on Beyblade tournaments until you stop. "It's not contagious" yeah, but germs are real, and if you're coughing, you're releasing them at velocities, airborne.

This is basic courtesy to other people. You have to decide "Is my desire to go to a Beyblade tournament more important than the potential negative health impact it could have on other people?" and if you decide to go to a tournament with a recurring cough, then you've chosen incorrectly.
(Jan. 22, 2020  3:15 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:

It’s not contagious.

If you're coughing up a storm, maybe just hold off on Beyblade tournaments until you stop. "It's not contagious" yeah, but germs are real, and if you're coughing, you're releasing them at velocities, airborne.

This is basic courtesy to other people. You have to decide "Is my desire to go to a Beyblade tournament more important than the potential negative health impact it could have on other people?" and if you decide to go to a tournament with a recurring cough, then you've chosen incorrectly.

Not to mention that other people aren't comfortable with you spraying saliva all over their Stadiums, Launchers, Beys, etc.
Bumping this thread because it's more important than ever now. At a 64 person tournament, you have upwards of 100 people present. If you're sick, don't show up.

If you're a judge, take care of yourself! Wear disposable latex gloves if you can find them. Bladers, don't shake hands after a match, just smile and give each other a thumbs up! The noshow rules are suspended! Build a bomb shelter basement with titanium walls!
(Mar. 09, 2020  9:54 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Bumping this thread because it's more important than ever now. At a 64 person tournament, you have upwards of 100 people present. If you're sick, don't show up.

If you're a judge, take care of yourself! Wear disposable latex gloves if you can find them. Bladers, don't shake hands after a match, just smile and give each other a thumbs up! The noshow rules are suspended! Build a bomb shelter basement with titanium walls!

I agree
(Mar. 09, 2020  10:14 PM)Blader Boy7 Wrote:
(Mar. 09, 2020  9:54 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Bumping this thread because it's more important than ever now. At a 64 person tournament, you have upwards of 100 people present. If you're sick, don't show up.

I agree

I believe DeceasedCrab has said this before, but please don’t make 1 or 2 worded posts like “I agree” or “Cool”. There is a like button for a reason(shaped like a star at bottom left corner of a post).

I heard in the news for my area (Bay Area CA) that events that will have over 50 participants involved should be postponed, or take extra precautions, what do you think we should do? Should we start lowering the participation cap of our tournaments to a more safer amount? (Cuz Although there may be a 36 player cap on a tournament, there still may be around 50-60+ individuals that may be exposed. If you count parents, friends, and guardians..)
(Mar. 09, 2020  10:43 PM)snoc Wrote: well isnt this just obvious lol

No. No, a lot of people on this site are very young, or don't know any better. It's not obvious to a lot of people. It needs to be explained to them.

(Mar. 09, 2020  10:37 PM)ReekoBlader Wrote:

I heard in the news for my area (Bay Area CA) that events that will have over 50 participants involved should be postponed, or take extra precautions, what do you think we should do? Should we start lowering the participation cap of our tournaments to a more safer amount? (Cuz Although there may be a 36 player cap on a tournament, there still may be around 50-60+ individuals that may be exposed. If you count parents, friends, and guardians..)

We have a 64 person tournament coming up in MD this weekend. We're probably going to be okay, there has been very little spread of COVID-19 in MD up to this point, but there will potentially be over 100 people there. Probably way less, considering how fearful everyone is.

That said, we're going to play it smart. No one is borrowing anything. No one is shaking hands. And we will be frequently reminding people to keep to themselves when possible, don't touch other people or their stuff, and anyone who is feeling unwell should leave.

Beyblade tournaments can and will still happen. We just need to be smart.
Let’s just hope nothing bad happens in Anime North. Expecially how fasts Corona could spread. Hope you all stay safe In future tourneys.
(Mar. 09, 2020  10:37 PM)ReekoBlader Wrote:

I'm not too worried, considering we only have maybe 6 tournaments a year (nothing against our organizer, the area just isn't as active as L.A. or Canada)

Next Bay Area tournament will probably be in April or May (or later!)
We don't even have tourneys to begin with Unhappy
(May. 08, 2020  3:59 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote: We don't even have tourneys to begin with Unhappy

Don't be absurd. There will be tournaments again once it's safe.
why are people so senseless that we have to remind them to do this