Face Contest: Create a Video to EARTHBEND's "Too Many Stars"!

Hello World Bladers!

That's right, there's a new Face Contest! This time, we have decided to explore a whole new theme too: Beyblade videos! Get ready to show off your video-editing skills, but also your choice of Beyblade battles in general.

But wait, SHOWTIME! This Face Contest is brought to you in collaboration with the German band called EARTHBEND! They give us the exclusivity of using their song "Too Many Stars" for free just for this contest! We all know how YouTube can be sensitive to artist's songs being used without their consent, and a few videos have even been removed just because of that, so it's awesome that EARTHBEND gives us the privilege of using their song, just because we're members of the WBO!

To concretize this union, contestants will have to create a Beyblade video with "Too Many Stars" as the soundtrack. The video can simply show a Beybattle, a mix of real-life Beybattles and anime clips, or just anime clips. However, remember that we're mostly oriented towards the hobby side of Beyblade, so don't completely exclude the tops from your videos!

Click here to download "Too Many Stars"

Your entry has to be uploaded on YouTube.com, and you must include the following text in the video description:

"Song: Too Many Stars - EARTHBEND"

The title of the video should be: "WBO Video Face Contest", or at least include that part so the videos are clearly labelled on YouTube.

Also think of inviting people to participate to this contest; the more videos we have, the harder it is for us to choo- eh, the better for everyone to enjoy!

The winners will get their choice of:
As usual, there will be two winners! And guess what? EARTHBEND will be filming a video to acknowledge all the participants and the winners at the end!
  • You must use "Too Many Stars" as the song for your video.
  • Limit one entry per person! Your first entry will be the only one that's considered, so work hard on it!
  • The WBO Committee isn't eligible. Again.
  • You have until 11:59 PM PST April 30th 2011 to submit your video. Any entries after that will be disqualified!
  • Post your entries in this thread! (You can also talk about the contest, ideas, or whatever in this thread as well!) However, you cannot post drafts of your entry and ask for feedback!

Go wild with this awesome song that makes our veins pump with pure Beyblade energy!

List of current entries :
XDBeyblade
beybladejapan
Ink.
iBeyblader
Pyro
darkblader12
Nile
pegasismaster10
gokurox
KaizerMFB
spartalaughs
jolter648
Bladestar20
Nano
flymewmincrew
MFBleyblade
dragoonrocks
OkiBlaze
Electric
Azlanslayer
BeyBladestation
Sky Prince
RエスコルピオT125JB
majinshadow11
Sparta
i want to participate but one question. do i have to use the anime clips or not.
i'm going to do galaxy pegasus vs tornado herecleo in the tornado stadium. is that ok?
Hah I'm guessing an unboxing wouldn't fit into this really... I'm looking forward to entries using this catchy track.
I am so going for this. Since I am on YouTube and all, I think I have a great chance! Thank you Kai-V and EARTHBEND!
I'm entering yeh I'll be choosing/making a vid now
Haha, I hope that I win!
this will be awsoem lvoe the song makign vid soon as i get home good luck to all who enter 8D.
Ooooooh can't wait. I might be able to get mine done by the 26th
Guys....
Read the date this was posted.
(Apr. 01, 2011  10:09 PM)BMFA Wrote: Guys....

Like what I posted in the announcements. EXACTLY. What band would bother with a beyblade site and randomly give permission w/o profit?
(Apr. 01, 2011  10:09 PM)BMFA Wrote: Guys....

edit: ah i see what you mean now...

though i have no chance of winning i still may try this contest
I'm gonna make a beyblade amv (ill try)!!!! I hope I win!!
Me, bey bob, and The Ryuga and some of my friends who are joining soon share a YouTube account. Can we each upload our own video, or can only one person enter? They might decide not to enter, but I'm just checking.
The first sentence made it too easy to tell it is a fake. But, I might enter anyways.
Wonderful! Grin Can I enter?

P.s. Where can I find the lyrics of the song?
(Apr. 01, 2011  11:00 PM)DrigerGT Wrote: Wonderful! Grin Can I enter?

Did you listen? FAKES.
(Apr. 01, 2011  11:01 PM)Ultimatefry Wrote:

Did you listen? FAKES.
Not Fakes.

DrigerGT, of course you can enter but you've already won. I mean, we all know you are going to win with those beast skills. But I will still try.
(Apr. 01, 2011  11:01 PM)Ultimatefry Wrote: Did you listen? FAKES.

"Why so SUPER SERIAL?"

I wasn't going to write this until tomorrow but since people have already "ruined it":

Personally I'm glad to see the WBO have some lolz
(Apr. 01, 2011  11:12 PM)JÆMS Wrote:
(Apr. 01, 2011  11:01 PM)Ultimatefry Wrote: Did you listen? FAKES.

"Why so SUPER SERIAL?"

I wasn't going to write this until tomorrow but since people have already "ruined it":

Personally I'm glad to see the WBO have some lolz

I looked at this post with http://hurrdurr.it/#, it's perfect for you JAEMS.

Anyway, creating faces is something fun but I always fail at doing it digitally.

EDIT: I need to listen to bands like this more often.
It would be ironically funny if the April Fool's Day joke was that this wasn't a joke.
This is absolutely NOT an April's Fools everyone. Seriously, I put my honour and soul into this statement. André from EARTHBEND contacted us days ago, and all the details got finalized recently so we decided just not to wait any further before opening this Face Contest. I am not someone who really bothers about such "festivities", so for me the first is just the beginning of the month, I could not care less about April's Fools Day.
(Apr. 01, 2011  11:03 PM)BeyBladestation Wrote:
(Apr. 01, 2011  11:01 PM)Ultimatefry Wrote:

Did you listen? FAKES.
Not Fakes.

DrigerGT, of course you can enter but you've already won. I mean, we all know you are going to win with those beast skills. But I will still try.
Who says I already won? I bet there will be many awesome video, your included. Let's make all us the best we can! Smile

P.s. Really where can I find the lyrics?
Plus, as usual there are two winners, so someone else still has a chance if you really think that DrigerGT has a guaranteed victory.