Errors on the wiki ???

Is there a reason why the plastics and HMS products list has no links but the MFB one does? I'm gonna add links today.
I don't see any reason why it would be a problem, but I'd wait for someone to give you the Go Ahead. It'd be hugely useful. I wonder if you could automate it to save yourself the strain of doing it manually....
Just changed the SG of the WD attack combo in the Ultimate Dragoon article from Right SG to Neo Right SG (Heavy Metal Core), so it can actually be put together.

Putting combinations together/trying things out before putting them in articles isn't, like, a new thing is it? Because it would explain a lot if it were something we'd only just found to be a "good idea, guys, we should do this"...

Blunt, I know, but if the errors weren't there, I wouldn't be pickin' on 'em.
Next in th!nk talking to himself, other than the various errors covered by the multiple unchecked rewrites in the forum and others I'm working on rewrites for, there are a couple of other things:

Round Shell MS's RC had the section title "Grip Weight Core". The Box, Parts List, and Rest of the Article calls it "Rubber Weight Core", so I corrected the section title.

Next, one that still needs to be fixed, Einstein MS. The beybox on the article says Attack (and I think it used to say survival or something?). Anyway, I can't find a clear image of the Takara Box, but the Hasbro box Here: http://www.theintoy.co.uk/images/images_...136-US.JPG
Has it as a Combination (Balance) type. :\

(Feb. 12, 2012  6:55 PM)th!nk Wrote: Next, one that still needs to be fixed, Einstein MS. The beybox on the article says Attack (and I think it used to say survival or something?). Anyway, I can't find a clear image of the Takara Box, but the Hasbro box Here: http://www.theintoy.co.uk/images/images_...136-US.JPG
Has it as a Combination (Balance) type. :\

I think it should be changed, then? Unless there has ever been any instances where the "type" has varied between the Takara and Hasbro versions, that is.
I don't know, I remember Hasbro released Dragoon F as an Endurance type, though: http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20...broBox.jpg
No idea about Takara, as I have no idea where the type is written on their boxes.

It would be cool if someone had the takara box/instructions/relevant whatever, or something, to check, unless there's somewhere online that would have it.
Ask Aru, guy has almost every HMS including recolors. You have no idea how jealous that makes me... :V Adults.

But he has the Einstein box, so yeah.

EDIT: Nvm, it is balance. Just saw a picture of the sticker sheet in the Stickers thread, and what do you know: (Click to View)
Balance it is.
It is fixed. Thanks, and good eye Smile
(sorry for the double post, but this is a pretty major error, soo)

Both "Magnacore" and "Magnecore" are used throughout the wiki (even in the article on the subject).

Now, Takara used the terms "MG System" and "Magne System" (according to my voltaic ape box), and Hasbro used "Magnacore".

So, do we go with Magnacore, or "MG System", or what? Or, did I miss something with "Magnecore"

Also, unless "Magnecore" is the name and I've missed something, the article of that name (for both languages) will need to be moved to whichever name we decide on.

Oh, also, I forgot, with the Round Shell MS thing, the Italian Article still has "Grip Weight Core" as the section title, and despite learning it in primary school, my grasp of Italian is too poor to write an edit summary.
(Feb. 12, 2012  11:56 PM)th!nk Wrote: (sorry for the double post, but this is a pretty major error, soo)

Both "Magnacore" and "Magnecore" are used throughout the wiki (even in the article on the subject).

Now, Takara used the terms "MG System" and "Magne System" (according to my voltaic ape box), and Hasbro used "Magnacore".

So, do we go with Magnacore, or "MG System", or what? Or, did I miss something with "Magnecore"

Also, unless "Magnecore" is the name and I've missed something, the article of that name (for both languages) will need to be moved to whichever name we decide on.

Oh, also, I forgot, with the Round Shell MS thing, the Italian Article still has "Grip Weight Core" as the section title, and despite learning it in primary school, my grasp of Italian is too poor to write an edit summary.

I've always known it as "Magnecore", I think ... but I've seen MG System too. I'm not sure which one we should go with. If someone can figure out where we got "Magnecore" from, that might help.

(Feb. 12, 2012  11:56 PM)th!nk Wrote: Oh, also, I forgot, with the Round Shell MS thing, the Italian Article still has "Grip Weight Core" as the section title, and despite learning it in primary school, my grasp of Italian is too poor to write an edit summary.

That's something the Italians would have to fix themselves, obviously.

Honestly, I think it would be best if you got someone to look into that. I've given it a look, and I can't find any source for "magnecore" anywhere.

Is there any way to let the Italians know of the error?
(Feb. 13, 2012  3:11 AM)th!nk Wrote: Is there any way to let the Italians know of the error?

Contact Galaxy.

Also, in the Japanese book I have (from Valentin), they just put "Magne" in front of everything : MagneSystem, MagneWD, MagneBlock, MagneStadium, etc. However, I have not seen "Magnecore".
Magnecore probably started being used just because the SGs had it written on them, and they were the defining parts of the system.
You needed to show us a close-up for that :

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/9790/dsc01000x.jpg

EDIT : You edited your post and the tone of it ...
I was originally just responding to your post, but then decided to respond to the whole discussion.

I did not suspect I would be questioned about it, being that I own several Magnecore Beyblades - and in fact did check one of mine before making my post at all. A Takara Tomy Flash Leopard, to be specific.
Well there ya go. I had the parts in front of me but didn't even notice.

So, what's the official term, then? Magnecore, Magnacore or MG System?

I can go through and change all the instances on the wiki pretty easily, I just need to know what to change them to.

Obviously, though, if we go with either of the latter two, the article will need to be moved.
Our good friend Uwik has bought something to my attention, something quite interesting, to me, at least.

From the Katakana on the box which it comes in, the beyblade we call "uriel", should be called "Ariel".
Image, courtesy of Uwik (Click to View)
"Uruboogu 03 (Arieru)"
Perhaps we should even be using Wolborg 03 as the main name, seeing as the brackets indicate a nickname, according to beholder.

This of course got me wondering. I grabbed my "Uriel" and "Uriel 2" as well as a Random Booster 8 Box. Surely enough, the name on my "Uriel 2" bit chip says "Arieru2", as does the Random Booster Eight Box.

Sorry for the blurriness, phone camera, but you should be easily able to make out that the first character on the "Uriel 2" bit chip is an "A", and same for the box.

While the stickers on both AR's say "Uriel", there have been misprints before, IIRC, and there is no "Uriel 2" written anywhere. The fact the beyblades themselves have clearly been called "Ariel" and "Ariel 2" should be the deciding factor.

I don't know what Ariel was called in the Japanese version of the Anime, but the dub definitely calls it "Ariel".
Beholder called them Uriel, but I suspect this was due to the stickers and his less than perfect English.

So, what do we do?

Lastly, can anyone confirm which spelling of "Apollon" Takara Used? I know hasbro used "Appolon", but I've seen every possible combination for the takara version :c
EDIT: Nocto just pointed out to me that the stickers of the Takara version say "Apollon". Given the Ariel/Uriel thing, that may not always be trustworthy, but I don't think we have any other reference as to which combination of p's and l's they intended, unless they printed the English translation elsewhere, or the Katakana (アポロン) indicate more than I understand...
Technically they could have extended the "p" if they had wanted to, but most of the time they do not do it, like in "support", because the double p's are really just pronounced as one p ... So in my opinion, there is no indication in the Katakana.
I'm leaning towards Apollon because it is actually a word, and consistent with the spelling of Apollo. Hasbro changed all of the names for whatever reason, so what they called it (Appolon G) isn't really any indication.

I just want to have it sorted out for when I post the Hasbro Exclusive G-Revolution Parts List later (a list of beys they released with engine gears instead of the normal bases etc). That said, there may be a delay with that now anyway.
So, how about that Ariel thing then guys?

Anyway, more importantly: http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/Phantom_orion needs to be deleted. Just be careful with the name of the person who created it, because there are a couple of users with similar names.
(Feb. 15, 2012  4:04 PM)th!nk Wrote: So, how about that Ariel thing then guys?

Anyway, more importantly: http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/Phantom_orion needs to be deleted. Just be careful with the name of the person who created it, because there are a couple of users with similar names.

Yes, I'm quite certain that it should be deleted, and immediately too. Please do so. I don't think this case requires an approval. It's common sense. Screen capture it though, just in case.

As for the Ariel, hopefully Kai-V / Kei will decide on it soon.
EDIT: Man, how did I miss that new page.
Hazel: Thanks
Uwik: Hopefully. I've been trying to call it Ariel now, seeing as that seems to be the name of the beyblades, not the name *on* the beyblades.
Hah, I didnt know deletion requires admin privileges, hahaha.. Good to know Wink
(Feb. 15, 2012  4:04 PM)th!nk Wrote: So, how about that Ariel thing then guys?

One day I noticed this on one of Valentin's boxes I think. I found it weird that it was "arieru" when that was not what everybody called it ...

But then, the stickers could still be interpreted as the spelling TAKARA-TOMY really wanted to put forth ... Who knows, there could be a language in which the "u" of Uriel is pronounced like a Japanese "a" ... Also, technically Escolpio should be Escorpio, but we went along with TAKARA-TOMY's mispelling because that is what they declared it was called ...

In my opinion, one article should be made, "Uriel"/"Uriel 2" since that is what everybody knows them as already, but we make a section in the beginning that explains this ambiguity of the name, and we can make a redirect so that "Ariel" will lead to Uriel's article.

Uwik, anybody can delete articles, as far as I know.
TT makes really weird typos on their stickers a lot, though.

Death Gergoyle, for instance.