Errors on the wiki ???

It's a useful pic though.
I don't see what purpose it serves really, the RC is supposed to remain intact, not dissassembled. The RC comes assembled aswell, in it's orignial packaging.
Does it really undermine the quality of the wiki to leave it up? :\
I do not think it does, personally.
If someone wants to re-take it on a white background, then sure, we can remove it. Wink

It serves no purpose disassembled, but nevertheless, it's interesting being able to see how the RC is put together.
So, Kei, any more on the Ariel/Uriel thing?
Does anybody mind, for some reason, if I add in 230's description that it is so good partly because it gets hit directly on its centre of gravity/mass ? It seems primordial to me, and I missed it when the article got published ...
I would appreciate it being added, as I had forgotten it until you bought it back up just now.
Not sure if this has been noticed...
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...tomization
From what I've tried, a standard Right SG doesn't fit in SG Metal Flat 2.
You're completely correct.

Another excellently tested combination from back in the day. Written by Kei, even!

(I'mma go fix that, changing it to an MG Core as HMC is too much weight and people should practice launching instead).
... I seriously cannot believe that so many combinations would be recommanded that are not even possible ... People from back then were not that stupid, surely.
I find that they weren't so strict back then, and articles were put up before feedback was given, so minor errors were not picked up on. Heck, even sometimes things were caught and just slipped through anyway (Draciel F for example).

I have most parts, I can check these things easily, but most people don't have most parts when writing. Heck, I was the only person that spotted one recently, don't recall the thread, but another case of the tip just falling out.

A lot of the errors are a result of misnterpretation of Dragoon V2's BB section, which lists the various parts that can fit into it in some way or another (though iirc it might have missed a couple), and people just interpret it as "these can all go together in any way", when they quite obviously cannot.

I'll be updating the Compatibility list with V/V2 bases and their SG compatibility soonish, to prevent this kind of thing.
But for a customization to be listed on Beywiki, surely it was one that was tested a lot and that was known to the community, not just a theoretical one ...
(Feb. 21, 2012  1:28 PM)Kai-V Wrote: But for a customization to be listed on Beywiki, surely it was one that was tested a lot and that was known to the community, not just a theoretical one ...

That is clearly not the case.

At least now we do not make such mistakes with MFB, though... although, the alternative seems to be people arguing for several pages about combos...
You can try the combinations yourself, but obviously, I have the parts and things that simply WILL NOT WORK are sprawled throughout the wiki.
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/HMS

That needs to be rewritten, competitive rules have changed since it was made, so a lot of it is misleading/wrong/no longer relevant. And, a lot more could be said about the perspective now, looking back.
The spin velocity article contradicts a whole bunch of stuff (particularly compacts)
"Defense-type customizations will be easier to move if their parts are built for high spin velocity. Defense-types generally need the weight focused around the outside. This lowers their max spin velocity, but makes them harder for the opponent to interrupt. Think of it this way: If you hold two backpacks full of books close to your body and spin, you can spin faster, but you can also stop more easily. If you hold the backpacks with arms outstretched and spin, it is harder to start spinning and you cannot spin as fast, but you cannot stop as easily. When the weight is focused around the outside, the blade is harder to stop."

Externalised weight distribution makes you move more, no? There's a reason a good HMC-Equipped Compact is a darned pain to KO unless you're using a crazy good attacker, and there's a reason we ALWAYS use an HMC on weight-based defense. You only need enough survival to outspin SG Metal Flat 2+a stopping/destabilising AR. Higher spin velocity helps against the latter as well as being the main way of protecting yourself from upper attack.

I know my grasp on physics isn't great, so I could be wrong and I'm not going to rewrite it because I'm awae of my limitations, but if someone could verify this and fix it it would be nice.

Basically: Concentrated weight=harder to move=harder to KO. It's even mentioned above about smash attackers not moving as quickly with centralised weight, so what the heck?

Of course, that part was added by Guardian Odin (Ice Anubis at the time) so I could be wrong, but then he always said "YOU MUST USE AN HMC FOR DEFENSE GUYS", so idk. It's basically impossible to check with him now though, he doesn't talk about beyblade much. I'd appreciate it if one of the more physics-knowledgeable people could take a look at it and rewrite the parts that are wrong.
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...us_W105R2F
Don't think this should be here..
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...de#Limited
"TAKARA-TOMY will reward players in Japan a special, limited edition Beyblade"
Should be updated to
"TAKARA-TOMY rewarded players in Japan a special, limited edition Beyblade"
Nope. Just insert the word "with" like so:

"TAKARA-TOMY will reward players in Japan with a special, limited edition Beyblade"
That's not the what I was pointing out though..
The dates have been passed, so the tense now should be past, whereas it still is being displayed as present. Smile
The second ) in "(08/2009-08/2010))" should be removed as well.
Gotcha. I made the change of "will reward" to "rewarded" and inserted "with".

The second close parentheses is needed as the whole thing is part of this phrase:

(Quetzalcoatl 90WF (08/2008-08/2009) and Anubis (08/2009-08/2010))
So going on again about what I alluded to awhile back:

Anyone opposed to me adding up some MFB combos for relevant sections? (Smash, Force Smash, Defense, Endurance)

I'd of course be using the top-tier list. Except for Force Smash. Then I'd use Big Bang Pegasis 230RF which had great success but I think a little too outside the box/niche for the tier list, though definitely relevant to Force Smash.
Yeah, I was going to mention that but kept forgetting, haha.

I don't think you'll get a no-go, haha.