Errors on the wiki ???

DOG was the best.

Still, A and U are on completely opposite sides on the keyboard, and I am certain it is similar for Japanese keyboards too ...
Well, I don't know about yours, but my dog shines pretty brightly. Try some conditioner. Serious

I remember hearing both dub and the Japanese version say Ariel, but I thought that it was some Engrish and mistranslation so Uriel was correct (didn't help that Hasbro actually renamed both Uriels as Wolborg 3 and Capricorne freaking Strike G).
The thing is, a lot of older message boards called it Ariel, as did the English anime (and, according to Ga, the Original Anime, which I would consider the most useful source).

Both Ariel and Uriel are names of Archangels, so there's no help there.

But yeah, the whole misinterpretation may have come from Damashii....

I mean, personally, I'm pretty convinced it should be Ariel, haha.

Off topic, DOG is still the best, though in the anime, IMPLUSE was pretty cool.
Changing it ariel will just cause alot of confusion in the commuinity. People who don't visit this sight, but still play beyblade, will remain calling it uriel. I'm convinced a forenote about this mishap should be mensioned in the article, rather than changing the name.
(Feb. 16, 2012  11:46 AM)Poseidon Wrote: Changing it ariel will just cause alot of confusion in the commuinity. People who don't visit this sight, but still play beyblade, will remain calling it uriel. I'm convinced a forenote about this mishap should be mensioned in the article, rather than changing the name.

Except that most people who don't know this site would call it Ariel, well, the Japanese name "Arieru", or take "Ariel" from the anime, as it was never actually released here, and both anime used "Ariel", as did everything other than the stickers, which, last I checked, didn't mean we called Shining God "Shining Dog", or Master Draciel "M-Draciel", and so on.

Most people take their beyblade information from us, and our lists appear to be the current source for the "Uriel" error.

Anyone coming from the Wikia for whatever reason would also be confused, as over there it's called Ariel, and I think they're actually right on this one.
(Feb. 16, 2012  11:52 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Feb. 16, 2012  11:46 AM)Poseidon Wrote: Changing it ariel will just cause alot of confusion in the commuinity. People who don't visit this sight, but still play beyblade, will remain calling it uriel. I'm convinced a forenote about this mishap should be mensioned in the article, rather than changing the name.

Except that most people who didn't know this site used to call it Ariel, just like the boxes and both anime, and it's not even discussed elsewhere.

Most people take their beyblade information from us, and our lists appear to be the current source for the "Uriel" error.

Anyone coming from the Wikia for whatever reason would also be confused, as over there it's called Ariel, and I think they're actually right on this one.

It'd still cause some confusion for new members aaswell. People will still end up calling itt uriel 2@ over ariel 2. The majority of bladers know it as uriel anway.
If we change the name on the wiki, and my video, start calling it Ariel and Ariel 2, it will be simple. I'm active wherever there are plastics so I can include it in my signature and so on.
New members would see "Ariel" on the lists, and only be confused where people have called it Uriel in the past. Once I'm done doing articles for both, then a note can be included to explain that confusion. That should not be too long, either. There are a couple of other places which use the wrong name that can easily be corrected.

Seriously, just because we're used to an incorrect name doesn't mean we should continue with it...

Again "Shining Dog".

Again, almost all external sources refer to them as Ariel/Ariel 2. The only ones calling it Uriel are those that have seen mistranslations from Damashii, Here, etc.

Honestly, given both Anime's pronounce it as "Ariel", and all published instances of the name call it "Ariel", I think that's pretty much a consensus.
Then just use "Wolborg 03 (Ariel / Uriel)" for the title?
The thing is, Uriel seems to be totally incorrect... I would suggest we change all references to "Ariel", and "Ariel 2", and have redirects for Uriel/Uriel 2 to those pages.

Also the parts list and product list would need to be corrected too...
Speaking of parts list, can/should I make individual Parts List articles like Attack Rings and Blade Bases? Like similar for our Metal fight and hws parts lists?
With plastics, you would be there a very, very, very long time.
The parts list already incorporates plastic parts so I don't see what use it would be. Also what do you mean by the metal fight and HWS parts list? I swear we don't have those.
There are lists of Metal System MW's, Hybrid Metal Wheels, CW's, Tracks and Bottoms.
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...Parts_List
(Feb. 16, 2012  2:15 PM)Kaji Motomiya Wrote: Speaking of parts list, can/should I make individual Parts List articles like Attack Rings and Blade Bases? Like similar for our Metal fight and hws parts lists?

Is this what you're talking about.
... I sometimes wonder if people can even see my posts...

Try: http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...arts_Lists
Oh okay. It's like Th!nk said since you need pics for every part a proper description and there's so many it would take forever.
It's like those, yeah. Where the description and pictures and stuff are copied onto a collection of parts lists instead of parts in a list than going to each article.
Annoyingly enough I do think it would be a good resource since beywiki is quite far from done in terms of plastics but it would take a while.
I'm willing to lend my OCD powers to help out my fellow Plastic Generation players. I'm aware that it will take long compared to MFB, but I found the Individual Parts Lists to be super helpful when I first started playing MFB. An organized list of specific Plastics parts separated by different parts, I think, will be pretty helpful too.

That, and I have a super long weekend. I'd rather do it this weekend when I'm free rather than next weekend when I'm 21 for three days straight.
From the Leone 145D Article, "Due to the wheel's high recoil it has proved to have promise as an attack wheel and is best utilised in the Attack customizations MF Leone H145RF, MF Leone 145RF, or Leone 100RF as a Recoil attacker."

Hmm, I remember a lot of people getting warned in the Diablo Nemesis thread for saying recoil is beneficial, which it isn't, or at least now we know it isn't.

I guess a while ago, recoil was considered helpful for attack, it kind of shows have times have changed.

I think it should be edited.
I'm also wondering if collecting the first MFB Metal Wheels (not HWS) into its own Parts List article for good measure. It'd suck to just leave it on its own.

And since Hyper was added, I'd like to add a section for Legend Series in the HWS Metal Wheel Parts List, if it's okay. Only for the following: Counter, Cyber, and Hyper.
There is one already, it was missing the category tags til yesterday.

A parts list for plastics might be good but it would be very long and there are so many parts we still need to write about...
...Expect me to work my magic on that list, because it's not in alphabetical order.

As for the parts lists for Plastics, I can just add the ones that already have set articles, then update the rest as they get approved. I just need to know how to make a new article for the Parts lists.
(Feb. 16, 2012  11:48 PM)Imperial Wrote: From the Leone 145D Article, "Due to the wheel's high recoil it has proved to have promise as an attack wheel and is best utilised in the Attack customizations MF Leone H145RF, MF Leone 145RF, or Leone 100RF as a Recoil attacker."

Hmm, I remember a lot of people getting warned in the Diablo Nemesis thread for saying recoil is beneficial, which it isn't, or at least now we know it isn't.

I guess a while ago, recoil was considered helpful for attack, it kind of shows have times have changed.

I think it should be edited.

The article is way out of date man. It has a message at the top telling readers that. I'm gonna try and attempt to rewrite Leone, Saggitario and Bull articles soon anywaythough(already did Pegasis just waiting for Kei to look at it).