Energy Layer - Lost Longinus/Luinor L2

Quote:Luinor L2, known in Japan as Lost Longinus, is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-66 Starter Lost Longinus Nine Spiral on December 28th, 2016.

==Description==
Luinor L2 is a wide and heavy Energy Layer designed for attack that features two large dragon heads, representing the anime's rendition of this Layer's beast, a dragon, that come from the perimeter in towards the center and four wings, two of which are larger and make up the main contact points and two of which are smaller and make up secondary contact points, creating an aggressive, high recoil design. The contact points of the larger wings are molded in the shape of spear heads which are meant to represent this Layer's Japanese namesake, the Roman Soldier Longinus of Biblical Events who stabbed Christ in the heart with a lance.

Luinor L2 has two main gimmicks:
The first are the dragon heads as they are made of metal. The inclusion of the metal makes Luinor L2 the heaviest Layer in the game.
The second is the fact that this Layer is made to spin Left, opposite to every other Burst Beyblade before it.

The heavy weight of Luinor L2 generates high inertia and with the aggressive design, makes this Layer excel in Knock-Out attack potential. While these features may also create high Burst attack potential, that's only true against another Left spin opponent. Against a Right spin Beyblade, the Left spinning nature of Luinor L2 means that it and the opponent's layer will spin together like gears, heavily reducing the rate of Bursts. However, Bursts are still possible, especially if Luinor L2 is spinning slower than the opponent, and the opposite spin creates an opposite movement pattern, increasing both the force of impact against an equally aggressive opponent and the rate of collisions, complimenting this Layer's high Knock-Out attack. The Takara Tomy release of Luinor L2 features three teeth of medium-high length that are capable of withstanding the recoil this Layer produces, even against another Left spin opponent and the heavy weight further increases Burst resistance as the Layer's higher inertia can better resist teeth skipping.

Despite the aggressiveness, Luinor L2's design also lends itself well to spin equalization in more passive combinations at it creates many points for the opponents Layer to hook into and increase the Luinor L2 combination's spin speed despite the high weight that normally hinders spin equalization.

==Use in Attack Combinations==
Luinor L2 can be put to use in the Attack customization Luinor L2 Heavy/Gravity/2Glaive/4Vortex Xtreme/Accel/Zephyr. The heavy weight of Heavy/Gravity/2Glaive/4Vortex further enhances Luinor L2's high inertia and the Layer's teeth and weight reduces the Burst risk associated with using heavy disks while Xtreme/Accel/Zephyr's aggressive movement compliments the Layer's Knock-Out attack.

==Use in Spin Equalization Combinations==
Luinor L2 can be put to use in the Spin Equalization combination Luinor L2 Spread/Knuckle/Heavy/Gravity/2Glaive/4Vortex Hold/Revolve. Luinor L2's shape, left spin nature and heavy weight allows it equalize spin with a right spin opponent, which the light weight of Spread/Knuckle further aids, and resist Knock-Outs and Bursts against Stationary Attack combinations, which the weight of Heavy/Gravity/2Glaive/4Vortex further aids. The high procession and free spinning nature of Hold/Revolve is also ideal for spin equalization and out spinning the opponent.

==Overall==
Due to Luinor L2's heavy weight, aggressive design and strong Burst resistance make the Layer an excellent part in Knock-Out Attack Combinations and the Left spin nature and aforementioned shape lends itself well to Spin Equalization Combinations. As such, Luinor L2 is a must have for competitive bladers.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-66 Lost Longinus Nine Spiral (White)
  • Lost Longinus Nine Spiral (Crimson Dragon Ver.) (translucent blue, red painted dragon heads)
  • B-00 Lost Longinus Nine Spiral (red colored plastic, black translucent plastic, gold painted dragon heads)
==Hasbro==

Part of me thinks I added too much information and part of me thinks I added to little. Is the part about the Japanese Namesake necessary? Should I have talked about relativity when I said that the opposite movement creates a higher force of impact to better explain it?
*Edit: And for the relativity, no I don't mean "two objects crashing into each other will equal one object crashing into a wall twice as hard" cause that isn't true (Mythbusters explain here: https://youtu.be/-W937NM11o8 ). A head to head opposite movement impact is greater because the speed of an impact between two objects moving in the same direction but at different speeds, say object 1 is moving at speed "5" and object 2 is moving at speed "3", is the same as a single object hitting a wall at speed "2". In a head on collision equal speed however, the forces cancel each other out so if both objects are moving at speed "5" and they collide head on, it's the same as if they hit a wall individually, which is more effective than a same direction collision.

*EDIT: I'm a idiot, a head on collision at different speeds would be the same as a same direction collision at different speeds, only there's less speed change with Beyblades since they're still accelerating in their respective directions so they just stop or slow down momentarily. Article has been edited to further clarify.

If you're confused about me saying that the high weight increases Burst resistance when heavy disks normally decrease Burst resistance, think of it like a Medieval Flail hitting a helmet: if the head is made of light weight cotton, then when you sing it your arm will keep going with the swing but the head will just stop in its tracks. On the other hand, if the head is made of solid steel, then the head will want to continue moving along with the swing and thus dent the helmet, trying to push it out of the way. Thus, if the Layer is light but the Disk is heavy, the Layer will stop but the Disk and Driver will keep spinning causing a Burst, if the Layer is Heavy however, it's gonna keep spinning with the rest of the parts.

Also typed "Christian Mythology" the first time, but then realized a lot of people in the Western side of the world might have issues with that.
Instead of "Christian history/Mythology", I'd say "Biblical events".

It's a very touchy subject when we have rules against religious speak but also have to discuss beys named after biblical figures.
(May. 14, 2017  2:04 AM)ToxicAtom Wrote: Instead of "Christian history/Mythology", I'd say "Biblical events".

It's a very touchy subject when why have rules against religious speak but also have to discuss beys named after biblical figures.

Gotcha, just edited it to say that.
Lost Longinus on Hold barely wins by spin equalising. Instead, it bursts and knocks the hell out of the opponent most of the time. And personally, I find Lost Longinus to be bad at spin equalisation, so I would not risk using Lost Longinus on Revolve, nor would I personally say that is top-tier.
(May. 14, 2017  3:02 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Lost Longinus on Hold barely wins by spin equalising. Instead, it bursts and knocks the hell out of the opponent most of the time. And personally, I find Lost Longinus to be bad at spin equalisation, so I would not risk using Lost Longinus on Revolve, nor would I personally say that is top-tier.
Quote:Luinor L2, known in Japan as Lost Longinus, is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-66 Starter Lost Longinus Nine Spiral on December 28th, 2016.

==Description==
Luinor L2 is a wide and heavy Energy Layer designed for attack that features two large dragon heads, representing the anime's rendition of this Layer's beast, a dragon, that come from the perimeter in towards the center and four wings, two of which are larger and make up the main contact points and two of which are smaller and make up secondary contact points, creating an aggressive, high recoil design. The contact points of the larger wings are molded in the shape of spear heads which are meant to represent this Layer's Japanese namesake, the Roman Soldier Longinus of Biblical Events who stabbed Christ in the heart with a lance.

The first are the dragon heads as they are made of metal. The inclusion of the metal makes Luinor L2 the heaviest Layer in the game.
The second is the fact that this Layer is made to spin Left, opposite to every other Burst Beyblade before it.

The heavy weight of Luinor L2 generates high inertia and with the aggressive design, makes this Layer excel in Knock-Out attack potential. While these features may also create high Burst attack potential, that's only true against another Left spin opponent. Against a Right spin Beyblade, the Left spinning nature of Luinor L2 means that it and the opponent's layer will spin together like gears, heavily reducing recoil and rate of Bursts. However, if Luinor L2 is soft launched to give it a slower spin than the opponent, the slower spin speed will increase recoil, which both grants this Layer Burst Attack and further improves this Layer's Knock-Out Attack. Furthermore the opposite spin creates an opposite movement pattern, increasing the rate of collisions against a roaming opponent. The Takara Tomy release of Luinor L2 features three teeth of medium-high length that are capable of withstanding the recoil this Layer produces, even against another Left spin opponent as the heavy weight further increases Burst resistance as the Layer's higher inertia can better resist teeth skipping.

Luinor L2 can be put to use in the Attack customization Luinor L2 Heavy/Gravity/2Glaive/4Vortex Xtreme/Accel/Zephyr/Hold. The heavy weight of Heavy/Gravity/2Glaive/4Vortex further enhances Luinor L2's high inertia and the Layer's teeth and weight reduces the Burst risk associated with using heavy disks while Xtreme/Accel/Zephyr/Hold's aggressive movement compliments the Layer's Knock-Out attack. Hold specifically, due to the soft launch needed control it, is able to give Luinor L2 the low spin velocity needed to give it Burst Attack.

==Overall==
Due to Luinor L2's heavy weight, aggressive design and strong Burst resistance make the Layer an excellent part in Knock-Out Attack Combinations, however, since Knock-Outs are less important in the Burst Metagame, Luinor L2 falls behind other Energy Layers that specialize in Burst Attack such as Valtryek and Xcalius. As such, Luinor L2 is a not must have but instead a welcome addition to any blader's collection.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • Lost Longinus Nine Spiral (Crimson Dragon Ver.) (translucent blue, red painted dragon heads)
  • B-00 Lost Longinus Nine Spiral (red colored plastic, black translucent plastic, gold painted dragon heads)
  • B-00 Lost Longinus Nine Spiral (yellow/gold, black painted dragon heads)

==Hasbro==
How's this?

Okay I'm seriously getting confused, on my Hold Draft I have some people telling me an L2 Hold combo is a spin equalizer and here I'm being told it's a heavy Burst and KO combo.

Does anyone have a video on this combo's performance so I can make sure.
No video on my part since it would really require two people or a tournament anyway, but it is also very important to note that Lost Longinus must almost always be weak launched, to perform the greatest.
There's also B-00 L2 Gold/yellow (plastic) and black(metal) ver
(May. 14, 2017  3:34 AM)Kai-V Wrote: No video on my part since it would really require two people or a tournament anyway, but it is also very important to note that Lost Longinus must almost always be weak launched, to perform the greatest.

Edited to include that detail, thank you.

(May. 14, 2017  3:41 AM)Mage Wrote: There's also B-00 L2 Gold/yellow (plastic) and black(metal) ver

And edited to include that, thank you
(May. 14, 2017  3:11 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: How's this?

Okay I'm seriously getting confused, on my Hold Draft I have some people telling me an L2 Hold combo is a spin equalizer and here I'm being told it's a heavy Burst and KO combo.

Does anyone have a video on this combo's performance so I can make sure.

It's hard to say what it is tbh. It's really a "Anti-Attack Zombie". It can OS things and burst when launched weekly. Tbh it can't do both of them as greatly. It's like Jack of All Trade and Master of None. But it's combination of Pretty Good Attack, Defence (highest) and Precession makes it win against quite a bit stuff.

BTW, L2's spin equalization is extremely, umm, bad. It only really works well on Hold and maybe Weight (I don't have Weight so can't say. But in theory it's Kinda-of-Stationary-Attack-When-Launced-Week and Defence type. Which is similar to Hold, but it's safer to deal with dF for little compromise on Precession). I think Atomic should work too.

BTW, I think it worth mentioning that behind of L2's contact point is really agressive, which makes it bursy other beys when they push itor spin spin equalize.
[Image: IMG_20170514_104123.jpg]
What do you mean, it cannot burst things well? It bursts and knocks things out, when launched weakly, litterally "like there is no tomorrow". If that is not an Attack type doing what it does best, I do not know what is.
Good job on the draft for the most part IMO, you nailed the bit about the heavier Layer making it harder to burst. However, I would remove all the parts about relativity and the force of head-on collisions, as those aren't really relevant to the part itself and are things that can easily be changed by adjusting one's launch technique.

Also, I can't really make sense of this one sentence in the last paragraph in the Description section:
"However, Bursts if Luinor L2 is soft launched to give it a slower spin than the opponent as the slower spin speed increases recoil, which both grants this Layer Burst Attack further improves this Layer's Knock-Out Attack."

I can't really record something too loud this late at night, but I did throw together a quick video on how I intended the combo to work and how to launch it.

(May. 14, 2017  3:02 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Lost Longinus on Hold barely wins by spin equalising. Instead, it bursts and knocks the hell out of the opponent most of the time. And personally, I find Lost Longinus to be bad at spin equalisation, so I would not risk using Lost Longinus on Revolve, nor would I personally say that is top-tier.
(May. 14, 2017  1:57 PM)Kai-V Wrote: What do you mean, it cannot burst things well? It bursts and knocks things out, when launched weakly, litterally "like there is no tomorrow". If that is not an Attack type doing what it does best, I do not know what is.

Wow, the way you play L2 Hold must be a lot different than the way I do (although if it works for you, by all means keep at it). Sure, it will occasionally KO and Burst opponents, but when that occurs it's generally a happy accident - remember that against an L2 combo, opponents will also launch weakly to avoid being bursted or KOed, which mostly nullifies any advantage L2 would have by being at a lower rotation speed, which in terms of knockouts, is actually none; weak launching was introduced as a way of resisting KOs from opposite-spin opponents. I also find traditional KO setups like L2GX pretty easy to neutralize with a weak launch, even against easily KOed Layers like Odin, Neptune, and Deathscyther. The reason you weak launch L2 Hold is to keep Hold under control, with any Burst Attack advantage it gains from that being a side effect.

To be totally honest Kai-V, I really get the sense that you're taking out your personal frustrations about Burst on poor, Lost Longinus here. You've talked about it almost exclusively in absolute terms ever since you first posted your tests of it.
(May. 14, 2017  1:57 PM)Kai-V Wrote: What do you mean, it cannot burst things well? It bursts and knocks things out, when launched weakly, litterally "like there is no tomorrow". If that is not an Attack type doing what it does best, I do not know what is.

Lol why I always forget to reply even. So like Wombat said, if your opponent launches weakly, it's possible to counter it. Maybe if your opponent is using something like WGY and weak-bank, I'm pretty sure you are kinda screwed. Though tbh I don't have much experience with it + my Hold (which isn't even mine btw lol) is kinda agressive mold so I think I will from next time avoid on coming to a direct conclusion if I don't have enough experience.
(May. 16, 2017  7:08 AM)Wombat Wrote: To be totally honest Kai-V, I really get the sense that you're taking out your personal frustrations about Burst on poor, Lost Longinus here. You've talked about it almost exclusively in absolute terms ever since you first posted your tests of it.

I have frustrations about Burst, but how is that even related to any degree to the fact that Lost Longinus + Hold is very powerful? If anything, I just want to make people aware of it and warn everybody about its possible domination. I do not see why A would cause me to talk in absolute terms about B...?

In Montréal's experience, the opponent launching weakly as well was not a sure-fire counter at all. It worked once in a while, but in no way was it a reliable strategy.

All I did that day was launch Lost Longinus pathetically weakly.
(May. 16, 2017  7:08 AM)Wombat Wrote: Also, I can't really make sense of this one sentence in the last paragraph in the Description section:
"However, Bursts if Luinor L2 is soft launched to give it a slower spin than the opponent as the slower spin speed increases recoil, which both grants this Layer Burst Attack further improves this Layer's Knock-Out Attack."

I have to stop writing these when it's late, the sleepiness creates too many typos.

I've edited the typos out.

I'm gonna wait for another tournament with L2 use or more testing before calling it.
(May. 16, 2017  3:16 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(May. 16, 2017  7:08 AM)Wombat Wrote: To be totally honest Kai-V, I really get the sense that you're taking out your personal frustrations about Burst on poor, Lost Longinus here. You've talked about it almost exclusively in absolute terms ever since you first posted your tests of it.

I have frustrations about Burst, but how is that even related to any degree to the fact that Lost Longinus + Hold is very powerful? If anything, I just want to make people aware of it and warn everybody about its possible domination. I do not see why A would cause me to talk in absolute terms about B...?

In Montréal's experience, the opponent launching weakly as well was not a sure-fire counter at all. It worked once in a while, but in no way was it a reliable strategy.

All I did that day was launch Lost Longinus pathetically weakly.
It just seems that you have taken rather extreme opinions about the part's characteristics, and are being unnecessarily stubborn about them... at first you thought that L2 only had some potential in KO Attack, and was horrible at Spin Stealing, then your opinion changed completely after using it in the Club Event, and now it seems that it's back to what it was before.

The way I see it, it's like you think it's impossible for L2 to have success Spin Stealing in a combo that is designed to do just that, even when the evidence states otherwise.

(May. 16, 2017  4:34 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: I'm gonna wait for another tournament with L2 use or more testing before calling it.

Looks like you'll only be waiting a week and a half, now that Deathscyther and D2 are banned, L2 is free to dominate since its only recognized counters are gone.
The way I see it, L2 can, to a degree, spin steal due to the wings acting as hooks.

If the opponent can resist bursting from L2's heavy weight, it will push L2 faster. But the effect is bogged down considerably due to the high inertia L2 has, it's so heavy it resists spin speed changes. It's enough to make a battle last longer than it would have with a right spin Beyblade, but not enough to be the main focus.

But that's from my experiences with L2 (yes I do own it), but I doubt the validity of my own experiences because:
1. I don't have any right spin Takara Tomy Beyblades yet (planning on fixing that), only Hasbro. That also means I don't have Hold to test the primary combo.
2. I don't have a Takara Tomy Stadium either
(May. 17, 2017  6:31 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: The way I see it, L2 can, to a degree, spin steal due to the wings acting as hooks.

If the opponent can resist bursting from L2's heavy weight, it will push L2 faster. But the effect is bogged down considerably due to the high inertia L2 has, it's so heavy it resists spin speed changes. It's enough to make a battle last longer than it would have with a right spin Beyblade, but not enough to be the main focus.

But that's from my experiences with L2 (yes I do own it), but I doubt the validity of my own experiences because:
1. I don't have any right spin Takara Tomy Beyblades yet (planning on fixing that), only Hasbro. That also means I don't have Hold to test the primary combo.
2. I don't have a Takara Tomy Stadium either

I think it can still spin steal well but it's shape still kinda hinders it's spin stealing and it's weight distribution is bad for precession. Though it still gets a boost from hit of its opponent and it can KO with it and use it's recoil of place where right spin hit to burst them.

I think we can say, it "steals" some part of opponent's power and use as it's own power. But it's not as good keep doing it till it OS it's opponent.
(May. 17, 2017  6:12 AM)Wombat Wrote: It just seems that you have taken rather extreme opinions about the part's characteristics, and are being unnecessarily stubborn about them... at first you thought that L2 only had some potential in KO Attack, and was horrible at Spin Stealing, then your opinion changed completely after using it in the Club Event, and now it seems that it's back to what it was before.

The way I see it, it's like you think it's impossible for L2 to have success Spin Stealing in a combo that is designed to do just that, even when the evidence states otherwise.

I litterally just checked my post in the Lost Longinus & Beast Behemoth testing topic from right after that tournament (which was just one person away from being a full ranked tournament by the way, from what I remember), and from the top of my head I also cannot recall any instance where I would have changed my opinion to Lost Longinus being remotely good at Spin Stealing. Can you point it out? There was only one change in my stance, and that just demonstrated that home solo battles did not reveal all of Lost Longinus's potential. It also just increased my opinion about its attack potential, it was not entirely a 180° change.
(May. 14, 2017  3:11 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:

==Description==

The heavy weight of Luinor L2 generates high inertia and with the aggressive design, makes this Layer excel in Knock-Out and Burst Attack potential. While the left-sin nature of Luinor L2 may imply that Burst Attack is only prevalent against other left-spin opponents, this Layer still has strong Burst Attack against Right spin opponents when soft launched.
Against a Right spin Beyblade, the Left spinning nature of Luinor L2 means that it and the opponent's layer will spin together like gears, heavily reducing recoil and rate of Bursts. However, if Luinor L2 is soft launched to give it a slower spin than the opponent, the slower spin speed will create recoil from the opponent's Layer catching into Luinor L2's blades, which both grants this Layer Burst Attack and further improves this Layer's Knock-Out Attack. Furthermore the opposite spin creates an opposite movement pattern, increasing the rate of collisions against a roaming opponent. The Takara Tomy release of Luinor L2 features three teeth of medium-high length that are capable of withstanding the recoil this Layer produces, even against another Left spin opponent as the heavy weight further increases Burst resistance as the Layer's higher inertia can better resist teeth skipping.

Luinor L2 can be put to use in the Attack customization Luinor L2 Heavy/Gravity/2Glaive/4Vortex Xtreme/Accel/Zephyr/Hold. The heavy weight of Heavy/Gravity/2Glaive/4Vortex further enhances Luinor L2's high inertia and the Layer's teeth and weight reduces the Burst risk associated with using heavy disks while Xtreme/Accel/Zephyr/Hold's aggressive movement compliments the Layer's Knock-Out attack. Hold specifically, due to the soft launch needed control it, is able to give Luinor L2 the low spin velocity needed to give it Burst Attack.

==Overall==
Due to Luinor L2's heavy weight, aggressive design and strong Burst resistance make the Layer an excellent part in Knock-Out Attack Combinations, however, since Knock-Outs are less important in the Burst Metagame, Luinor L2 falls behind other Energy Layers that specialize in Burst Attack such as Valtryek and Xcalius. As such, Luinor L2 is a not must have but instead a welcome addition to any blader's collection.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==

==Hasbro==

I've settled on Lost Longinus having no spin-equalization potential and strong Knock-Out Attack and great, but not top tier, Burst Attack.

Thoughts?
Accurate description, but not exactly true about the spin equalization potential part. L2 had successfully scored multiple DSFs against B2, still a fairly strong layer against the conventional attack layers like V/V2 and such. Although it isn't a major reason why people choose L2, there is potential of spin equalizing future recoil-heavy layers.
(Jun. 10, 2017  8:51 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: I've settled on Lost Longinus having no spin-equalization potential and strong Knock-Out Attack and great, but not top tier, Burst Attack.

Thoughts?

No offence but it still can OS things.

There's big difference in being "no portential and less".
L2 weighs 15.3g add this in the draft.
(Jun. 10, 2017  8:51 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Luinor L2, known in Japan as Lost Longinus, is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-66 Starter Lost Longinus Nine Spiral on December 28th, 2016.

==Description==

The first are the dragon heads as they are made of metal. The inclusion of the metal makes Luinor L2 one of the heaviest Layers in the game.

The heavy weight of Luinor L2 generates high inertia and with the aggressive design, makes this Layer excel in Knock-Out and Burst Attack potential. While the left-spin nature of Luinor L2 may imply that Burst Attack is only prevalent against other left-spin opponents, this Layer still has strong Burst Attack against Right spin opponents when soft launched.
Against a Right spin Beyblade, the Left spinning nature of Luinor L2 means that it and the opponent's layer will spin together like gears, heavily reducing recoil and rate of Bursts. However, if Luinor L2 is soft launched to give it a slower spin than the opponent, the slower spin speed will create recoil from the opponent's Layer catching into Luinor L2's blades, which both grants this Layer Burst Attack and further improves this Layer's Knock-Out Attack. Furthermore the opposite spin allows for some degree of Spin Equalization, however not enough to be the primary focus for customizations. The Takara Tomy release of Luinor L2 features three teeth of medium-high length that are capable of withstanding the recoil this Layer produces, even against another Left spin opponent as the heavy weight further increases Burst resistance as the Layer's higher inertia can better resist teeth skipping.

Luinor L2 can be put to use in the Attack customization Luinor L2 Heavy/Gravity/2/4/6/7/8 Glaive/Vortex/Meteor Xtreme/Accel/Zephyr/Hold. The heavy weight of Heavy/Gravity/2Glaive/4Vortex further enhances Luinor L2's high inertia and the Layer's teeth and weight reduces the Burst risk associated with using heavy disks while Xtreme/Accel/Zephyr/Hold's aggressive movement compliments the Layer's Knock-Out attack. Hold specifically, due to the soft launch needed control it, is able to give Luinor L2 the low spin velocity needed to give it Burst Attack.

==Overall==

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==

==Hasbro==
Changed "Heaviest Layer" to "one of the heaviest" due to Sieg Xcalibur and added more core disks to the recommended combos section
add the weight 15.3g.