Energy Layer - Guardian Kerbeus

Quote:[Hasbro Name], known as Guardian Kerbeus in Japan, is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the BG-06 Random Layer Collection Volume 6 on May 13(?), 2017

==Description==
Guardian Kerbeus is a Defense Type Energy Layer that features three dog heads along the perimeter, two from a downward profile and one from a side profile, akin to the Dragooon Metal Wheel from Zero-G Beyblade, meant to represent the Layer's namesake, the mythological three headed hound Cerberus. As part of the Evolution/God Layer System, Guardian Kerbeus features a gimmick; the chains connecting each head are made of a softer plastic, allowing them to push in to create "Bound Defense", akin to Jerk.

In theory the chains would cushion impact with the opponent and bolster Knock-Out and Burst resistance. In practice however, because the chains have hardly any flexibility at all, the gimmick fails to function as the impact is the same as if the chains were made of normal plastic. This, combined with the Japanese release's weak teeth, makes Guardian Kerbeus incredibly prone to Bursts.

Despite the high Burst risk, Guardian Kerbeus excels in Stamina combinations, capable of defeating other top-tier Stamina and Defense Energy Layers such as Drain Fafnir and Maximum Garuda in direct battles.

==Use in Stamina Combinations==
Guardian Kerbeus can be put to use in the Stamina combination Guardian Kerbeus Heavy/Gravity/2/4/5/7/8 Glaive/Cross Revolve/Orbit/Atomic. The high Stamina of Heavy/Gravity/2/4/5/7/8 Glaive/Cross synergizes with Guardian Kerbeus' own and Revolve/Orbit/Atomic further bolsters stamina through the free spinning parts. This combination is capable of outspinning almost any other Stamina/Defense combination, however, this combo is highly vulnerable against Attack combinations.

==Overall==
Despite its weak Burst resistance, Guardian Kerbeus boasts some of the greatest Stamina in the game and acts as a solid counter against other top-tier Layers such as Maximum Garuda. As such, this part is a must have for competitive bladers.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • BG-06 Random Layer Collection Vol. 6 (green and black, translucent yellow God Chip)
  • B-90 Guardian Kerbeus Heavy Revolve (3 on 3 Booster Set) (green and orange)
==Hasbro==
I still don't know why guardian kerbeus is so good at stamina
(Oct. 14, 2017  7:11 AM)ayggdrasilgy Wrote: I still don't know why guardian kerbeus is so good at stamina

Weight distribution
i think the gimmick does work.if it didnt worked gK would have been more prone to bursting. i think those chains are pom and make the opponent slip when contact is made with them.also add spread,knuckle and outer.
IIRC @[Jinbee] mentioned that that green part also moves outward little bit when spinning fasr, which is supposted to help absorbing hits
(Oct. 14, 2017  7:29 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Oct. 14, 2017  7:11 AM)ayggdrasilgy Wrote: I still don't know why guardian kerbeus is so good at stamina

Weight distribution

But is it just that or is other fact like shape, teeth, aerodynamic etc
(Oct. 14, 2017  9:51 AM)ayggdrasilgy Wrote:
(Oct. 14, 2017  7:29 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Weight distribution

But is it just that or is other fact like shape, teeth, aerodynamic etc
Teeth have nothing to do with stamina. Its circular and aerodynamic  shape combined with outward weight distribution  make it excellent for stamina.
(Oct. 14, 2017  2:31 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Oct. 14, 2017  9:51 AM)ayggdrasilgy Wrote: But is it just that or is other fact like shape, teeth, aerodynamic etc
Teeth have nothing to do with stamina. Its circular and aerodynamic  shape combined with outward weight distribution  make it excellent for stamina.
ok thanks
gK weighs 10.3g
With dragoon you put three o's
gK is only competitive with a a mould god chip so mention that.
(Oct. 22, 2017  12:13 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: gK is only competitive with a a mould god chip so mention that.

Are you sure its "Only" competetive with that? I'm pretty sure it's just better with that and not completely unusable
(Oct. 22, 2017  12:53 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:
(Oct. 22, 2017  12:13 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: gK is only competitive with a a mould god chip so mention that.

Are you sure its "Only" competetive with that? I'm pretty sure it's just better with that and not completely unusable

its compeletly unsable with out that.with out a mould god chip aC and bR atomic can burst gK revolve
(Oct. 22, 2017  8:21 AM)Beatlynx27 Wrote: With dragoon you put three o's

I know, that's how the Japanese name is spelled in order to avoid confusion with the Plastics Generation Dragoon

(Oct. 22, 2017  1:11 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Oct. 22, 2017  12:53 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Are you sure its "Only" competetive with that? I'm pretty sure it's just better with that and not completely unusable

its compeletly unsable with out that.with out a mould god chip aC and bR atomic can burst gK revolve

Here's the thing, you can't use other God Chips other than the stock or Metal God Chips in tournaments. gK meant for pure stamina which can out spin just about anything else, namely Maximum Garuda. It has success against other Beyblades with low recoil Layers so long as you avoid first contact when spin speeds are too high
(Oct. 22, 2017  5:00 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Oct. 22, 2017  1:11 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: its compeletly unsable with out that.with out a mould god chip aC and bR atomic can burst gK revolve

Here's the thing, you can't use other God Chips other than the stock or Metal God Chips in tournaments. gK meant for pure stamina which can out spin just about anything else, namely Maximum Garuda. It has success against other Beyblades with low recoil Layers so long as you avoid first contact when spin speeds are too high
that rule only applies to maximum garuda i have seen many tournament pics and also in 1234 beyblades testing vid that gK was being used with either an a mould god chip from another bey or the wbba ones
(Oct. 22, 2017  5:54 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Oct. 22, 2017  5:00 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:

that rule only applies to maximum garuda i have seen many tournament pics and also in 1234 beyblades testing vid that gK was being used with either an a mould god chip from another bey or the wbba ones

Oh, very well then
Maybe Yell and Yielding could work for Guardian Kerbeus
I cant wait to try gK on baring because ultimate stamina.
I really must ask, I've got 3 "a mold" God chips, all from alter chronos, and my guardian kerbeus is still highly prone to bursting. Does anyone know why that may be? Does anyone know of any other products that I could purchase that would provide me with a God chip that will save my gk from the never use bin? Please and ty
(Nov. 03, 2017  12:51 PM)Mavkas Wrote: I really must ask, I've got 3 "a mold" God chips, all from alter chronos, and my guardian kerbeus is still highly prone to bursting. Does anyone know why that may be? Does anyone know of any other products that I could purchase that would provide me with a God chip that will save my gk from the never use bin? Please and ty

its supposed to burst against attack beys so theres nothing u can do.however if it bursts against stamina/defense beys then u have a problem.and this isnt the place to ask thiss
Maybe the page should mention the usual breakage issue, so people are aware of it?

(Jun. 21, 2018  8:24 PM)iiggoor Wrote: Others are OK, just be careful with Guardian Kerbeus, orange movable parts at side did break to many people, especially if played against agressive beyblades like Legend Spriggan. Talking about Takara now.

(Jun. 21, 2018  8:26 PM)Howaitonekon Wrote: Guardian Kerbeus on the other hand seems to have a bigger problem. The orange/black parts (depending on which one you have) that are meant to absorb shocks seem to break off quite often.
I have mine since release and it is absolutely fine, but I haven't broken any of my Burst beys yet, although I'm using them a lot.
The god ability of Guardian Kerbeus is POM wings that make the opponent slip off becsuse it has lower friction than regular plastic. Why does everybody think that the wings have to move? They are not supposed to.
(Jun. 21, 2018  10:28 PM)TL14 Wrote: The god ability of Guardian Kerbeus is POM wings that make the opponent slip off becsuse it has lower friction than regular plastic. Why does everybody think that the wings have to move? They are not supposed to.

The back of the box for the red version literally says the chains are supposed to move out to absorb hits. It says nothing about POM either.
(Jun. 21, 2018  10:28 PM)TL14 Wrote: The god ability of Guardian Kerbeus is POM wings that make the opponent slip off becsuse it has lower friction than regular plastic. Why does everybody think that the wings have to move? They are not supposed to.

They aren't POM. POM is hard smooth plastic, the plastic on gK is flexible and are meant to move outward slightly to absorb hits, it isn't made to slip attacks off.
(Jun. 21, 2018  10:33 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote:

The back of the box for the red version literally says the chains are supposed to move out to absorb hits. It says nothing about POM either.

Oh. I didn't know that. I'm sorry. Thanks for telling me.
(Jun. 21, 2018  10:34 PM)Jinbee Wrote:

They aren't POM. POM is hard smooth plastic, the plastic on gK is flexible and are meant to move outward slightly to absorb hits, it isn't made to slip attacks off.

The orange colored plastic on mine is hard and smooth. That's why I have mistaken it for POM.