Energy Layer - Geist Fafnir

Quote:==Description==
[n/a] Fafnir, like its predecessor Drain Fafnir, is a Stamina Type Energy Layer that features a somewhat triangular perimeter and three side profile dragon heads with an "F" along each, meant to represent this Layer's namesake; Fafnir the Nordic Dragon of Greed. As part of the Super Z Layer System, [n/a] Fafnir features metal in its design; in this case, interspersed between the dragon heads. The inclusion of metal makes this Layer heavier than most God/SwitchStrike Layers and improves Stamina potential by concentrating the weight of the Layer along the perimeter, granting high Outward-Weight-Distribution.

[n/a] Fafnir also features gimmicks: The first is that this Layer is meant to spin Left, opposite to most other Beyblades. The second is that the "F"s are made of rubber, akin to both its predecessor and the L-Drago II Clear Wheel from Metal Fight Beyblade. The inclusion of rubber aids in this Layer's ability to equalize spin with a Right Spin opponent.

While the triangular shape and rough perimeter of [n/a] Fafnir may imply recoil, the Left spin nature of this Layer reduces recoil against a Right spin opponent and even when against a Left spin opponent, the protrusions are too shallow to cause any noticeable recoil and stamina loss. When spinning slower than a Right spin opponent, the rubber "F"s of [n/a] Fafnir allows for spin equalization, where the Layers of two opposite spinning Beyblades work akin to gears and equally distribute their spin, by acting as a cushion against impact, increasing friction between Layers, acting as a "hook" for the other Beyblade to catch into and propel [n/a] Fafnir faster and reducing recoil to increase the rate of contact. Due to the greater exposed surface area of the rubber, the effect is more prominent than in Drain Fafnir, though the greater weight makes the effect far less pronounced against lightweight opponents.

When against a Left spin opponent, [n/a] Fafnir cannot equalize spin and the rubber will instead act as brakes. If the opponent has less Burst resistance than [n/a] Fafnir, then the friction can potentially Burst the opponent. However, if the opponent has greater Burst resistance than [n/a] Fafnir, the friction of the rubber can cause a/an [n/a] Fafnir combination to self-Burst or severely lose Stamina.

==Use In Stamina Combinations==
[n/a] Fafnircan be put to use in the Spin Equalization/Stamina Combination [n/a] Fafnir 0/2/4/5/7/10 Cross/Glaive Atomic/Bearing/Destroy. The heavy weight of 0/2/4/5/7/10 will bolster Knock-Out resistance and the weight distribution of both the Discs and Layer increases Stamina. Atomic/Bearing/Destroy will supply the procession needed to win by Out Spin to improve chances of victory by Spin Finish while the left spinning nature of [n/a] Fafnir will reduce recoil against a right spinning opponent.

==Overall==

Just comes down to the teeth
You actually made a thread before its teaser , WOW
(Jul. 16, 2018  4:34 AM)GOD CHIPS Wrote: You actually made a thread before its teaser , WOW

It is an upgrade to drain fafnir. We know what works with drain fafnir so that was used as a base. When the layer is released we can see how good it is and correct incorrect information.
(Jul. 16, 2018  4:34 AM)GOD CHIPS Wrote: You actually made a thread before its teaser , WOW

This is literally just 90% of Drain Fafnir's draft
You might want to change the protrusions are to shallow as the rubber wings on the new super z fafnir are as big as Valkyrie’s attack wings.otherwise nice draft.
I dont think the new fafnir has rubber fs i think it has rubber blades
We don't know anything about this new Fafnir, but we can still use previous information to create a base. I think it was a good decision to make the thread first.
(Jul. 16, 2018  9:14 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: I dont think the new fafnir has rubber fs i think it has rubber blades

https://imgur.com/a/pNYi9Q4
(Jul. 16, 2018  5:56 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Jul. 16, 2018  9:14 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: I dont think the new fafnir has rubber fs i think it has rubber blades

https://imgur.com/a/pNYi9Q4
I would say they are f shaped blades
(Jul. 18, 2018  7:38 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jul. 16, 2018  5:56 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: https://imgur.com/a/pNYi9Q4
I would say they are f shaped blades

*they are f shaped blades and they are made of rubber, so both of you would be right
(Jul. 16, 2018  4:30 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Geist Fafnir, like its predecessor Drain Fafnir, is a Stamina Type Energy Layer that features a triangular perimeter and three side profile dragon heads with an "F" along each, akin to a reversed WInning Valkyrie, meant to represent this Layer's namesake; Fafnir the Nordic Dragon of Greed. As part of the Super Z Layer System, Geist Fafnir features metal in its design; in this case, interspersed between the dragon heads. The inclusion of metal makes this Layer heavier than most God/SwitchStrike Layers and improves Stamina potential by concentrating the weight of the Layer along the perimeter, granting high Outward-Weight-Distribution.

Geist Fafnir also features gimmicks: The first is that this Layer is meant to spin Left, opposite to most other Beyblades. The second is that the "F"s are made of rubber, akin to both its predecessor and the L-Drago II Clear Wheel from Metal Fight Beyblade. The inclusion of rubber aids in this Layer's ability to equalize spin with a Right Spin opponent. The third is that the rubber “F”s are spring loaded to make them capable of bending inwards to create “Bound Defense”, akin to Hazard Kerbeus.

While the triangular shape and rough perimeter of Geist Fafnir may imply recoil, the Left spin nature of this Layer reduces recoil against a Right spin opponent. When spinning slower than a Right spin opponent, the rubber "F"s of Geist Fafnir allows for spin equalization, where the Layers of two opposite spinning Beyblades work akin to gears and equally distribute their spin, by acting as a cushion against impact, increasing friction between Layers, acting as a "hook" for the other Beyblade to catch into and propel Geist Fafnir faster and reducing recoil to increase the rate of contact. Due to the greater exposed surface area of the rubber, the effect is more prominent than in Drain Fafnir, though the greater weight makes the effect far less pronounced against lightweight opponents.

When against a Left spin opponent, Geist Fafnir cannot equalize spin and the rubber will instead act as brakes. If the opponent has less Burst resistance than Geist Fafnir, then the friction can potentially Burst the opponent. However, if the opponent has greater Burst resistance than Geist Fafnir, the friction of the rubber can cause a Geist Fafnir combination to self-Burst or severely lose Stamina. While the Bound Defense gimmick would theoretically reduce the rate of Bursts and Knock-Outs against Left spin opponents, the force needed to push in the blades is too great to be feasible and the minimal distance travelled further reduces the gimmick’s effectiveness. 

==Use In Stamina Combinations==
Geist Fafnir can be put to use in the Spin Equalization/Stamina Combination Geist Fafnir 0/2/4/5/7/10 Cross/Glaive Atomic/Bearing/Destroy. The heavy weight of 0/2/4/5/7/10 will bolster Knock-Out resistance and the weight distribution of both the Discs and Layer increases Stamina. Atomic/Bearing/Destroy will supply the procession needed to win by Out Spin to improve chances of victory by Spin Finish while the left spinning nature of Geist Fafnir will reduce recoil against a right spinning opponent.

==Overall==

What is with Takara Tomy and Bound Defense?
So we have a bound gimmick that rotates forward from gV, we have one that springs vertically from dC, we have ones that spring vertically in and out like hK (and to an extent gK), and now they're doing the last one with Fafnir again? Doesn't allowing the rubber to be pressed back theoretically make the rubber have a less firm grip or was the idea that the spring would help press the rubber against the opponents layer?
(Sep. 07, 2018  5:33 AM)Jinbee Wrote: So we have a bound gimmick that rotates forward from gV,  we have one that springs vertically from dC, we have ones that spring vertically in and out like hK (and to an extent gK), and now they're doing the last one with Fafnir again? Doesn't allowing the rubber to be pressed back theoretically make the rubber have a less firm grip or was the idea that the spring would help press the rubber against the opponents layer?

I'm guessing to reduce recoil and maximize the rate of contact between Layers? But the rubber and left spin achieve that by themselves already

Thankfully the springs seem strong so hopefully that means no loss in grip
(Sep. 07, 2018  5:35 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Sep. 07, 2018  5:33 AM)Jinbee Wrote: So we have a bound gimmick that rotates forward from gV,  we have one that springs vertically from dC, we have ones that spring vertically in and out like hK (and to an extent gK), and now they're doing the last one with Fafnir again? Doesn't allowing the rubber to be pressed back theoretically make the rubber have a less firm grip or was the idea that the spring would help press the rubber against the opponents layer?

I'm guessing to reduce recoil and maximize the rate of contact between Layers? But the rubber and left spin achieve that by themselves already

Thankfully the springs seem strong so hopefully that means no loss in grip

True, I think making the layer rounder would've been easier but hey this is more interesting.

I doubt the springs would do anything significant anyway, and I think OWD would prevent it from going in too much, sort of like how hK's bound gimmick wasn't that effective, which had softer springs and a wider bound area. Theoretically speaking, perhaps it was also done to cushion the impacts of it's opponents while spin stealing as well, so it would be able to do so without getting knocked around as easily.
Another Thing, when gF is hit on the Rubber, Dragon closes its mouth, showing it's eating its opponent's energy
(Sep. 07, 2018  5:45 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: Another Thing, when gF is hit on the Rubber, Dragon closes its mouth, showing it's eating its opponent's energy

I know, but that doesn't do anything performance wise
(Sep. 07, 2018  5:47 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Sep. 07, 2018  5:45 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: Another Thing, when gF is hit on the Rubber, Dragon closes its mouth, showing it's eating its opponent's energy

I know, but that doesn't do anything performance wise

Maybe we can just add it in trivia, when it is on beywiki
(Sep. 07, 2018  5:43 AM)Jinbee Wrote: Theoretically speaking, perhaps it was also done to cushion the impacts of it's opponents while spin stealing as well, so it would be able to do so without getting knocked around as easily.

That's kinda what I said

But maybe this is also to prevent people from trying to use it as a left spin Attack type, have multiple recoil reducing factors so they can keep the aggressive aesthetic
(Sep. 07, 2018  5:45 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: Another Thing, when gF is hit on the Rubber, Dragon closes its mouth, showing it's eating its opponent's energy

Yeah,but it’s gimiki(lol,what a word).it will reduce attack.
I think TT likes doing "bound defence" since it is relativly simple to engineer.
For me, the jaws and springs are just increasing the adherence when it steals rotation and the propulsion from the contact
Being aggressive in shaping also helps spin-stealing correct? That's why Longinus also worked as a low-key spin-equalizer, so if you combine that 'jaggedy' shape and rubber, this should, in theory, create 'true spin stealing'
(Sep. 08, 2018  6:38 PM)DaJetsnake Wrote: Being aggressive in shaping also helps spin-stealing correct? That's why Longinus also worked as a low-key spin-equalizer, so if you combine that 'jaggedy' shape and rubber, this should, in theory, create 'true spin stealing'

Its grippy contact points not aggressive ones which help
I have doubt is this on beywiki
Bcos i cannot find it..
(Sep. 09, 2018  4:08 AM)Phoenix8Nt Wrote: I have doubt is this on beywiki
Bcos i cannot find it..
It hasn't been released yet, but once it is and the draft has been approved, it will go up on Geist Fafnir's Beyblade Wiki article.