Brooklyn, NY
Tournament Results
Irving Square Park
Knickerbocker Avenue, Weirfield St
  Meet at the Beach Ball Stage in the Center of the Park
12:00 PM on 05/05/2019
Format
Burst

Most official Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
5 cash  or Free with Passport*

Free entry with Blader Passport

Support the WBO by purchasing a Blader Passport and get unlimited access to WBO tournaments and monthly giveaways of new releases!

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Hey Everyone!

I have finally gathered up enough free time to host my first tournament. For this go-around, we'll be running Burst Standard. (Depending on how this goes, maybe Burst Classic next?) 

Our current tournament date is Sunday, May 5th, 2019 at Irving Square Park for a Beyblade Burst Format tournament!

Important Information:

1. Tournament Registration begins at 11:30am. 

Please plan to arrive at the park before registration starts. The later you arrive, the longer it will take to start the tournament.

2. The Tournament begins at 12:00pm. 

You will not be able to register after 12:00pm. Even if you are joined to this tournament on this thread, if you are not registered by 12:00pm or arrive after 12:00pm we will be unable to fit you into the bracket.

Tournament System:

Depending on the number of participants we will use one of the following systems to run the first stage of this tournament:

Swiss (17 - 32 Players):
Bladers play 5 rounds. After the first round, bladers are paired based on their match history. Bladers with the highest records face each other, then the second-highest, etc. The top eight players advance to the final stage.

Double Elimination (33+ Players):
In Double Elimination, there are two brackets: the Winners Bracket and Losers Bracket. After losing once, Bladers are sent to the Losers Bracket. If they lose for a second time, they are eliminated from the event. Once both brackets have been completed, the top eight players (top four from the Winners Bracket, top four from the Losers Bracket) advance to the final stage.

UPDATE: This tournament will have a 40 PARTICIPANT CAP. Please join soon if you would like to participate. Joining secures you a spot on the participant list down below!

Participant List:

1. LazerBeamz (Passport) (Judge/ Organizer)
  2. Ajeeblade
  3. Vincen
  4. Hector619
  5. strikerr
  6. Aoi_burst
  7. micheal123
  8. HenryGBradford
  9. gamingthree
  10. shota
  11. NewRocChampion1
  12. JJ Payday
  13. supremeboss57
  14. God Valkryie
  15. Luccidragon
  16. Patrick11
  17. Excalibur246
  18. Tem
  19. Brian12
  20. Nik P.
  21. BeyBreaker Boi
  22. DrewB2009
  23. Coolboyfafnir
  24. CitrusNinja3
  25. Sebas2000
  26. Jonniesonic
  27. Esquaredheisjah
  28. NBZ
  29. JonathanIsaac
  30. YutPut
  31. Dragonball100
  32. RightBurstUltra
  33. Repo
  34. Sniper
  35. cougar
  36. YishYash
  37. BestDueler
  38. Oliver2211
  39. Ardmore Bladers (Passport)
  40. Riskywarrior
Alternate List:

1. megaheroj7
  2. NateDogPhilly
NOTE: I only own two tournament legal stadiums (1 B-09 and 1 B-33). If you are planning to attend, have a tournament legal stadium, and/ or have been a judge before and would like to judge, please let me know.

PRIZES!

Ace Dragon Sting Charge
Slash Valkyrie Blitz Power
Bushin Ashura Hurricane Keep

1st place will have first pick, 2nd place will have 2nd pick, and 3rd place receives the remaining prize.

Our play area will be the Beach Ball Stage in the park. Map of the park is below. The play area is circled in the image below. Entrances to the park are located at each corner as well as the center of the park.

[Image: k5vEDNz.jpg]

Please Arrive On Time

Please be sure to arrive ON TIME for this tournament. We will start registration at 11:30 AM and will begin the tournament at approximately 12:00PM. If you think you're going to run a bit late, please let me know via a post through this thread or a PM and I'll see what I can do!

If you plan on attending, please click the blue JOIN TOURNAMENT button at the top of this page!

Please note that the date may be subject to change due to inclement weather. This is an outdoor location with no indoor alternative. We do not have an alternate location if rain is in the forecast.

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Apr. 18, 2019  9:18 PM)JJ Payday Wrote: Nice I have a launch

See you their I want to have a rematch

Welp then you see you there I've gotten a lot stronger!! And I got a hair cut that looks like drum XD but I'm as
strong as my beyblade partner s and this time Ima win agian!!
(Apr. 18, 2019  8:40 PM)NewRocChampion1 Wrote: Oh ok And Lazer I can bring My snake pit stadium to help ? Out in the tournament and second are we gonna be standing ? Bc I practice AIGA launch and my own

I appreciate the offer NewRoc. You can definitely bring your Snake Pit Stadium for Freeplay. Unfortunately, it is not legal for official WBO tournament matches. Also, the stadiums will be on the ground so bladers will be croutching down/ kneeling. If you need more information on what a legal launch looks like, definitely read up on the rulebook.
Ok thx and one more question are burst finish count as 2 p or 1p ? And is this like a 2 live tournament when you lose twice your out or when you don't have enough wins? And have you ask Kjrules if he can bring his tt stadium?

And it doesn't matter if you don't have prizes or something to sell it's about how fun Blading is! So go have fun and show me how strong you are bc I never fought you before!
Please read the WBO burst format rules, and maybe even the organizers guide. Understand what's going to happen before you go!

It's going to be Swiss. You get paired up based on your win rating across 5 rounds. Whoever does the best in those rounds, probably the top 8 players goes to the finals, and deck format. Read up on the rules for that.

In standard format, KOs and outspins are 1 point and bursts are 2 points, in the first stage. In the finals, KOs and Bursts are 2 points and outspins are 1 point.
(Apr. 19, 2019  12:10 AM)NewRocChampion1 Wrote: And have you ask Kjrules if he can bring his tt stadium?
I'm bringing mine so I can judge, don't worry.
(Apr. 19, 2019  12:30 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Please read the WBO burst format rules, and maybe even the organizers guide. Understand what's going to happen before you go!

It's going to be Swiss. You get paired up based on your win rating across 5 rounds. Whoever does the best in those rounds, probably the top 8 players goes to the finals, and deck format. Read up on the rules for that.

In standard format, KOs and outspins are 1 point and bursts are 2 points, in the first stage. In the finals, KOs and Bursts are 2 points and outspins are 1 point.
Ok thank you dude
(Apr. 19, 2019  12:30 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Please read the WBO burst format rules, and maybe even the organizers guide. Understand what's going to happen before you go!

@[DeceasedCrab] Tournament system is still to be determined as we are 9 days away from the date. Participant numbers could realistically reach the 30's given that this tournament is being hosted in the most densely populated city in the country.

@[NewRocChampion1] If we have less than 33 partipants, the tournament format will be Swiss. Every player will play 5 rounds in the first stage with the top 8 players with the highest win percentages advancing to the Final Round. 

If we have 33 or more players, the tournament format will be Double Elimination. Each player will have to avoid getting 2 losses or be eliminated during the first stage. The Top 8-16 players (depending on tournament size) with the highest win percentages will move onto the Final round.
Double Elimination? Miiiight want to take that up with the tournament participants before you go down that road.
(Apr. 19, 2019  1:40 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Double Elimination? Miiiight want to take that up with the tournament participants before you go down that road.

I think I'm gonna defer to the Organizer's Guide on this one. I'd rather my first tournament operate smoothly and according to the WBO's Tournament System guidelines than slogging my way through a 33+ participant swiss tournament with 5 rounds.
Well, just keep in mind, a bunch of bladers are really going to hate being eliminated after 2 losses, especially if they traveled far. And some of them are going to have irate parents. There was a decent amount of backlash at the one double elimination tournament they did in Toronto. If you think running a lot of matches is hard, imagine running matches while angry parents are yelling at you.

Combine that with how some bladers are going to be disinclined to attend if you're leaning towards Double Elimination, you might lose some bladers if it gets towards 32 registrants.
Double elimination is more trouble than it's worth at 33-64 participants.
(Apr. 19, 2019  2:30 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Well, just keep in mind, a bunch of bladers are really going to hate being eliminated after 2 losses, especially if they traveled far. And some of them are going to have irate parents. There was a decent amount of backlash at the one double elimination tournament they did in Toronto. If you think running a lot of matches is hard, imagine running matches while angry parents are yelling at you.

Combine that with how some bladers are going to be disinclined to attend if you're leaning towards Double Elimination, you might lose some bladers if it gets towards 32 registrants.
Double elimination is more trouble than it's worth at 33-64 participants.

I definitely hear you, but the same can be said for larger swiss tournaments, epecially when there are inexperienced organizers running them. Running a 33+ participant Swiss tournament can take upwards of 5+ hours and that can also lead to irate parents. I'd rather have more experience running tournaments under my belt before I take on larger swiss tournaments.
Does anyone know LEGO detective I want to battle him so badly
(Apr. 19, 2019  2:55 AM)JJ Payday Wrote: Does anyone know LEGO detective I want to battle him so badly

I do I ask him but he said he might not be able to go so sorry dude
Ok thanks bra

Do we have enough for a ranked tournament
Good news everyone!

With 17 players joined to this tournament, we have enough for a ranked tournament. That means prizes! The prizes for this tournament are below.

Ace Dragon Sting Charge
Slash Valkyrie Blitz Power
Bushin Asura Hurricane Keep

1st place will have first pick, 2nd place will have 2nd pick, and 3rd place receives the remaining prize.

I hope you all bring you best effort next week. Lets make this tournament a great one!
This is going to be fun man
Omg BBG so we only have 2lifes that's a oof
(Apr. 19, 2019  2:05 PM)NewRocChampion1 Wrote: Omg BBG so we only have 2lifes that's a oof

No not until there is 33+ players. Right now you can play 5 rounds and try to win them to get in the top 8.
Oh ok ty dude I'm not yet use to it XD but I hope I get 3rd or 2nd or 1st place like last time

And before I do anything are you ok being recorded when battling?
(Apr. 19, 2019  2:11 PM)NewRocChampion1 Wrote: Oh ok ty dude I'm not yet use to it XD but I hope I get 3rd or 2nd or 1st place like last time

And before I do anything are you ok being recorded when battling?

Well I’m not going Because it’s 5-6 hours away but I’m not sure about others.
And guys if you want to see the video of the tournament you can go to my channel Called BladerDeku23 and you can follow me on Instagram adrian.3483
Should I bring my big decagon stadium for free play
(Apr. 19, 2019  4:00 PM)JJ Payday Wrote: Should I bring my big decagon stadium for free play

I'm bringing my Snake pit so yes you should
I’m so exited there’s a tournament because there are not many in New York
(Apr. 19, 2019  4:45 PM)JJ Payday Wrote: I’m so exited there’s a tournament because there are not many in New York

Right but Ima try to win 2nd or 3rd