E3 2008!

Bey Brad Wrote:there's a difference between being a hardcore gamer (which i am not) and being a gamer that doesn't want to play a game that has been carp half-heartedly carp out to sell millions with no carp ounce of soul to it whatsoever by a company who has stabbed all of its loyal supporters in the back

carp NINTENDO

Yeah they really did carp over the fans who had been with them since day 1, but its all business i guess, they're making shitloads of money and their products are hot items, down here everyone is going apeshit over Wii and DS stuff that its crazy, ANYthing they Advertise gets sold out on the first day its madness.

It really feels like Nintendo got rid of the Gamers quickly by releasing all the big name games quickly, I mean within like 2 years they're already released Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, Mario Kart Wii, Mario Party 8, Paper Mario, Super Smash Bros Brawl and Super Mario Strikers, thats quite a bit of big name games within a small timeframe, I mean this is probably the first time they've done this.
Roan Wrote:
Guitar_Legend Wrote:
Roan Wrote:I like the simplified new dashboard. I will admit the avatars are a questionable addition, but they allow for a bunch of awesome new functionality (8 player private chat, jump into and out of any game from your party seamlessly, etc.), so I guess I can't complain much.

Avatars aren't replacing gamer cards anyway, they are a completely optional addition. You can still user your gamer pictures if you please.

And I hope they somehow keep custom profile skins
I actually purchased a few and I'm really satisfied with the one I'm using.

Wow I never thought about that. I've never paid for a theme myself (I usually just download whatever free ones are on the marketplace or use pics from my PC), but what about the people who have? What will happen to that stuff? Will they just be screwed out of the money they spent on themes? (Which is dumb to spend money on in the first place, but still...)

they'll probably allow you to skin all the grey backgrounds we've seen
Bey Brad Wrote:
Litrid Wrote:I think wat nintendo came out with was awesome. I am really looking forward to Wii sports resort and Animal Crossing. they look fun.

get out

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnno =P
Lol Jack Trenton is hinting at a PSP with a Hard-drive. Unless that thing commits suicide when unauthorized code is put on, they may aswell just give their games to the pirates as gifts.
I don't care what any of you say, but I am really excited for The Conduit. HVS is really doing their best to make this the best Wii FPS out there (and there are good ones; MP3: Corruption and MoH: Heroes 2), and the best looking Wii game out there.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=49579
It's depressing Nintendo isn't pushing the platform the way they should be. Confused
E3 2008

[Image: 20080716.jpg]

5 stars. I liked the Nintendo one especially.

hahahaha
Nintendo is really keen on wasting people's lives aren't they? WTF was that Roundtable for? Lameness I guess. Does Microsoft or Sony have one of those?
Takao Wrote:Nintendo is really keen on wasting people's lives aren't they? WTF was that Roundtable for? Lameness I guess. Does Microsoft or Sony have one of those?
Well, confirming that a new Pikmin game is in development is significant.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=49619
Telling isn't the same as showing. Just like Gran Turismo 4: Mobile. Pholophony says it's coming, they just haven't shown it since the PSP was announced.
we already know pikmin, mario, and zelda are in development (particularly the last two, which are always in development)

how can nintendo expect anyone to be appeased by that? fyi i love AC but city folk looks like carp
nintendo is doing their best to satisfy everyone sure not a lot of ppl are impressed with it right now, but mark my words they will come out with something that will knock our socks off just you wait.
Litrid Wrote:nintendo is doing their best to satisfy everyone sure not a lot of ppl are impressed with it right now, but mark my words they will come out with something that will knock our socks off just you wait.

I can't wait to see what you have to say 6 months from now when you realize how wrong this is.
I guess one of you two has to eat crow then...
I think Nintendo needs to go to Michael Gallagher's ESA conferences more often. You know, that thing about core gamers.

And Sony, don't give the PSP trophies. We'll have a cajillion people with outrageous things because of sharing save data. It wouldn't be fun.
WHAT A WONDERFUL TIME FOR MY INTERNET TO STOP WORKING
http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?...&cid=14782

What bugs me now is why MS didn't let Bungie make the big reveal to be announced at E3. I mean MS already had this E3 in the bag, but I don't see why they wouldn't go on with the announcement anyways. FUUUUUUUUCK, I was so pumped to hear about it...
I really hope they aren't developing another Halo game, because that really defeats their purpose of spliting from Microsoft.
Takao Wrote:I really hope they aren't developing another Halo game, because that really defeats their purpose of spliting from Microsoft.

Its already been confirmed they are working on another Halo game.

And how does that defeat the purpose? Bungie has said since the announcement of their independence that they would maintain a strong relationship with Microsoft and continue to develop games for the 360.

Ugh, where's Sam when I need him to go off on a Bungie tirade?!
I was under the impression Bungie left Microsoft, because Microsoft believed all they could develop is shooters like Halo. Evident by the fact they're not developing the RTS Halo Wars game. Despite developing Myst, an RTS years before Halo.
Takao Wrote:I was under the impression Bungie left Microsoft, because Microsoft believed all they could develop is shooters like Halo. Evident by the fact they're not developing the RTS Halo Wars game. Despite developing Myst, an RTS years before Halo.

[Image: 2r6cjz4.jpg]
I just read this really interesting post on NeoGAF. It talks about what all the speeches and graphs at Nintendo's conference mean. What do you guys think? The last sentence really brought things into perspective for me.