E3 2008!

I think wat nintendo came out with was awesome. I am really looking forward to Wii sports resort and Animal Crossing. they look fun.
Litrid Wrote:I think wat nintendo came out with was awesome. I am really looking forward to Wii sports resort and Animal Crossing. they look fun.

get out
i hope MAG turns out to be as epic as it sounds.
><
Guitar_Legend Wrote:i hope MAG turns out to be as epic as it sounds.
><

Totally not holding my breath.
Lol ActiBlizzy is holding their conference now near the E3 buildings, yet they aren't part of E3. So, why exactly did they drop out of the ESA?
I must say I think we are in very good shape for 2008 gaming-wise. These are just a few of the games I'm looking forward to for the rest of the year:

Fable 2, Fallout 3, Far Cry 2, Dead Space, Banjo, CoD5, Left 4 Dead, Mirror's Edge, PoP, Quantum of Solace, Gears 2, Portal: Still Alive, Geometry Wars 2, Tomb Raider Underworld, Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty, LittleBigPlanet, Motorstorm 2 (Shut up it looks good), New DL Socom, Resistance 2, fl0wer, Pixeljunk eden, Resistance: Retribution, etc.

Looks like a great year after all. Well, minus Nintendo. But who cares about them anymore anyway, I mean really?
I forgot to add, I think the three conferences sucked. boring.

Also, Dude carp the stupid system-Exclusives debate.
Good, orignal titles are all I want to see. also hahaha im considering buying a 360 but i still don't like "xbox" mainly the RROD (yet i love Vista...)
IMO I'm more excited for non exclusive third-party games, except for KILLZONE(ONLINE IS Announced niggaz) maybe R2 >.>

[Image: Killzone2_MP_Running.gif]

Roan, I've been rooting for Motorstorm since I first played it, if you don't already have motorstorm, 2 sould kick carp.
Blue Wrote:I forgot to add, I think the three conferences sucked. boring.

Good, orignal titles are all I want to see. also hahaha im considering buying a 360 but i still don't like "xbox" mainly the RROD (yet i love Vista...)
IMO I'm more excited for non exclusive third-party games, except for KILLZONE(ONLINE IS Announced niggaz) maybe R2 >.>

Roan, I've been rooting for Motorstorm since I first played it, if you don't already have motorstorm, 2 sould kick carp.

Wait, wait, wait. There's no way that .gif is realtime. If so, I should look into buying a PS3.
Blue Wrote:I forgot to add, I think the three conferences sucked. boring.

I agree. I own all 3 platforms and I don't really care who "wins" the console war. Obviously I have my platform of choice (360), but I still buy games for the other two. Ok well maybe not the Wii, but that's because there isn't a whole lot there that appeals to me.

I wouldn't disagree that all of the conferences were pretty boring to watch, but in terms of what was announced I think MS had the most exciting stuff. New dashboard, avatar integration, Netflix, etc.
all i've seen about the new dashboard/avatars is a small minute long clip.
any details?
To me it really feels like Microsoft have to constantly change stuff all the time to keep its spot, this new Dashboard and Mii Rip-off thing feels like they're trying to go Nintendos way with this whole Simplistic carp even though the 360 is mostly a hardcore gamer system, kinda feels like they're running out of ideas tbh.
Guitar_Legend Wrote:all i've seen about the new dashboard/avatars is a small minute long clip.
any details?

Watch this:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36412.html
Sega Wrote:To me it really feels like Microsoft have to constantly change stuff all the time to keep its spot, this new Dashboard and Mii Rip-off thing feels like they're trying to go Nintendos way with this whole Simplistic carp even though the 360 is mostly a hardcore gamer system, kinda feels like they're running out of ideas tbh.

Since when is change a bad thing? Especially when its for the better?

Have you used a 360 lately? I'm assuming you haven't. Navigating the dashboard is awful, particularly within XBL Marketplace.
Litrid Wrote:I think wat nintendo came out with was awesome. I am really looking forward to Wii sports resort and Animal Crossing. they look fun.
I agree with these sentiments.
flashfox Wrote:

I really hope you are being sarcastic.
flashfox Wrote:

your sig + this

you're either trolling me or are an insane blind fool
Sega Wrote:To me it really feels like Microsoft have to constantly change stuff all the time to keep its spot, this new Dashboard and Mii Rip-off thing feels like they're trying to go Nintendos way with this whole Simplistic carp even though the 360 is mostly a hardcore gamer system, kinda feels like they're running out of ideas tbh.

i feel the same way.
still not sold on this.
i haven't had any problems with the current interface.

netflix is an amazing announcement though
looking forward to taking advantage of it.
Well, I'd hate to say this, but this is all want to play consistently these days:

Wii Sports
Wii Play
Rock Band
Mario Kart
Brawl

I can't feel excited about much anymore. I liked NMH, but didn't get it. I like Mad World, but probably won't get it.

=(

Wii Sports Resort is probably one of the few games I'll get next year, with any other new lightguns that pop up. I've become a party casual gamer. I'm not hardcore anymore.
I like the simplified new dashboard. I will admit the avatars are a questionable addition, but they allow for a bunch of awesome new functionality (8 player private chat, jump into and out of any game from your party seamlessly, etc.), so I guess I can't complain much.

Avatars aren't replacing gamer cards anyway, they are a completely optional addition. You can still user your gamer pictures if you please.
I seriously hope that CapCom's panel on the Lost Planet movie isn't all they're doing this E3.

Ooh, I didn't get pissed off originally, but WTF happened to Tekken 6? Don't tell me thats jumping ship. Because unlike FFXIII, DMC, or Virtua Fighter, I love my Tekken. Me hopes Bandai Namco has a conference and shows some new stuff.
there's a difference between being a hardcore gamer (which i am not) and being a gamer that doesn't want to play a game that has been carp half-heartedly carp out to sell millions with no carp ounce of soul to it whatsoever by a company who has stabbed all of its loyal supporters in the back

carp NINTENDO
Roan Wrote:I like the simplified new dashboard. I will admit the avatars are a questionable addition, but they allow for a bunch of awesome new functionality (8 player private chat, jump into and out of any game from your party seamlessly, etc.), so I guess I can't complain much.

Avatars aren't replacing gamer cards anyway, they are a completely optional addition. You can still user your gamer pictures if you please.

Stuff like this is still a great addition.
I'm honestly skeptical now.
If they don't force the avatars on us, I'd be willing to atleast try them out.
I just don't see it being for me.

And I hope they somehow keep custom profile skins
I actually purchased a few and I'm really satisfied with the one I'm using.
Guitar_Legend Wrote:
Roan Wrote:I like the simplified new dashboard. I will admit the avatars are a questionable addition, but they allow for a bunch of awesome new functionality (8 player private chat, jump into and out of any game from your party seamlessly, etc.), so I guess I can't complain much.

And I hope they somehow keep custom profile skins
I actually purchased a few and I'm really satisfied with the one I'm using.

Wow I never thought about that. I've never paid for a theme myself (I usually just download whatever free ones are on the marketplace or use pics from my PC), but what about the people who have? What will happen to that stuff? Will they just be screwed out of the money they spent on themes? (Which is dumb to spend money on in the first place, but still...)
Hm, I guess I felt the conference was different for me. To me, Shawn White boarding reminded me of the arcade board games, Wii Sports 2 was a plus because Wii Sports is what I play the most, and AC...I don't care for.

The last Mario game I owned that was a platformer was Super Mario World. The last Zelda was OoT.

I never really played any of the Star Foxs or whatever.

To me this is nothing.

Games I used to play:

mario party
melee
Pokemon

I'm really a party gamer. To me Nintendo has always been party gaming. Aside from the PS1 and DDR that I owned.

I guess I'm realizing this now.

I mean on PC i play some flash games if that counts.. and SC every 4 months on and off. mostly UMS.
Confessions of a Casual Gamer.