E3 2008!

The blitz begins.

I figure there's going to be all kinds of stuff coming out in the next few days and while there isn't anything really worth mentioning at the moment, I thought it would be a nice idea to have one single topic for us to discuss all the news.

So have at it.

EDIT: Here are my recaps from both MS and Nintendo, for quick and easy reference.

Microsoft:

- New dashboard update this fall (Looks hot)
- Avatars were confirmed and they look to be taking on both Home and Miis as they can be put into games (Scene It was shown with Avatars in-game) and they have a new party system where you can have up to 8 avatars together to chat and stream photos, etc. You can also launch a game for the entire party seamlessly.
- Netflix was confirmed. No additional fee for current Netflix subscribers. Also, Netflix movies can be streamed through the Avatar party system so your friends can watch movies with you over XBL. Pretty awesome.
- Lips was confirmed to exist and be developed by iNiS. It was also confirmed that the game will be able to import any songs from your iPod or Zune to sing along with in the game. The microphones flash to the beat and are motion sensitive.
- RB2 was reinforced as a 360 timed exclusive this September. 84 master tracks will ship on the disc along with 20 bonus tracks. It was also confirmed that there would be no need to swap discs between RB1 and 2 to play old songs from RB1. They also confirmed what we already knew to be true in that RB1 DLC will be forwards compatible with RB2 and vice versa.
- Portal: Still Alive is coming exclusively to XBLM. Its essentially a portal expansion with new levels and achievements.
- Geometry Wars 2 and Galaga Legions release next month exclusively on XBLM.
- Resident Evil 5 got a March 2009 release date
- Fallout 3 releases this October 13th (lol Friday the 13th) with exclusive downloadable content for XBLM.
- Fable 2 releases this October WITH ONLINE DROP-IN/DROP-OUT CO-OP.
- Gears 2 has a 5 player co-op mode where you fight increasingly difficult hoards of Locust, also got a November 7th release date.
- And finally, Final Fantasy 13 is coming to Xbox 360.

Nintendo:

- Shaun White Snowboarding announced. Uses Wii Fit Balance Board, exclusive to Wii, releases by years end.
- This lady doing the presentation reminds me Loraine from Mad TV. (UH HUHUHU)
- Iwata is up on stage bragging about Nintendo's success in shifting to casual games. (SURPRISE)
- Just said the teams that made Mario and Zelda are working on new games that they will bring to Wii.
- Animal Crossing Wii (Animal Crossing: City Folk) is being talked about. (No surprise here, we all expected that.) You can put your Mii in the character. New microphone option called Wii Speak, that lets anyone in the room talk with anyone else in the world. (HOORAY) Releases by the end of this year.
- Reggie is on stage talking about how they want to satisfy both the casual and hardcore. Presenting some pretty impressive sales figures.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars announced. LIGHTSABER BATTLES. Holiday 2008.
- New Rayman: Raving Rabbids: TV Party. Uses balance board. Fall 2008.
- Call of Duty: World at War. Uses Wii Zapper. Has co-op.
- New Guitar Hero: On Tour Decades was mentioned. Has song sharing between the games.
- Spore: Creatures shown. Can send and receive creatures.
- Pokemon Ranger: (Something, missed the subtitle) releases November 10th.
- GTA: China Town Wars comes to DS this Winter. (Whatever the carp that is.)
- New software is being tested to use in Airports on DS that will give you info on nearby ATMs, baggage pickup, etc.
- Cooking game (Missed the title) comes in November.
- Wii Sports Resort announced. Uses Wii MotionPlus. Comes bundled with MotionPlus and new Wii Jacket for Wii Remote. Frisbee Throw, Jet Skiing (WAVE RACE?!), SWORD FIGHTING, launches globally next Spring.
- Wow. Some retarded drumming game. Looks awful. Is this really their big announcement? Oh, apparently its a part of Wii Music. Shiggy is on stage holding a Wii Remote to his mouth to play the Saxophone. Be able to play over 50 different instruments just by moving your body. Records videos of your performance, one player can save play and record each part of a song to create their own music video. A bunch of people are up on stage playing a Mario song. They all look like carp idiots. Note recognition is pretty bad.

Sony:

- Resistance 2 looks pretty hot. 8 player co op, 60 player online.
- LBP demo to show sales figures is cute.
- Greatest Hits confirmed. Quite a few games at $29.99
- PS2 reel. Blah blah blah. Nobody is here for PS2.
- Buzz PSP in September
- New Lego Batman PS2 bundle, includes the game and the animated film Justice League Frontiers this fall for $149
- This fall all PS users will have a universal PS ID across all Playstation platforms. PSN, PC, PS3, PSP.
- Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty releases for download on PSN later this summer for $14.99
- Showing PSN reel, Ratchet, Fat Princess, Pixeljunk Eden, Pain Amusement Park, Flower, Siren: Blood Curse, Ragdoll Kungfu Fists of Plastic
- Showing off GTTV in Gran Turismo 5 prologue. Delivers sports TV over PSN through both free and pay per view models in full HD. Perfect for car nuts I guess. I'm not interested.
- Blabbing on about trophies.
- Moving on to home. Tretton promises our patience will be worth it when the beta opens. Let's hope so. Showing game spaces for Uncharted, Resistance, Warhawk.
- Oh snap, moving on to the movie download service. Day 1 major studios: Sony, Fox, MGM, Lionsgate, Warner, Disney, Paramount, Turner and Funimation, Warner Bros. Nice. In both SD and HD, both rental and sell through. TV shows starting at $1.99, movies range from $2.99 to $4.99 for rentals, more for purchases. Wow, its all portable. Can download it to your PSP, put on multiple devices at the same time. Sweet. PSN store for video looks exactly the same as the game store. Progressive download, can start watching while its downloading. Wow, you can also transfer movies to your PSP through the PC store. All of this will be available TONIGHT.
- Moving on to PSP. New PSP Ratchet and Clank bundle this fall, includes 1gig MS, PSN Voucher for Echochrome as well as National Treasure 2 for $199. Aimed at the family market.
- Resistance Retribution announced for PSP. Third person shooter. Graphics are pretty ace.
- New PSP games for 08/09: SW: Force Unleashed, Madden 09, Loco Roco 2, NBA 09 The Inside, Super Stardust Portable (AWESOME), Lego Batman, Patapon 2, Buzz Master Quiz, Valkryia Chronicles
- Back to PS3. This is where the megatons have to be. Record footage in-game and upload it to Youtube. Talking about Life With Playstation, available by the end of the month.
- Sony Online Entertainment preview of DC Universe Online. There's some retard doing push ups. Wtf. He's going on about Everquest. Its boring. Showing the game now. Oh wow, the art style is pretty awful. Animation sucks.
- Starting in September 80 GB PS3 will launch that has the same functionality as the 40GB but at the SAME PRICE/$399. Niiiice.
- Some stupid video reel is playing showing developers promoting the cell processor and blu-ray on PS3. Talking about how they're just getting to the point where PS3 games don't suck. Basically Sony gave all these guys moneyhats to say all this stuff.
- Video reel of PS3 line-up for 08: LBP, Motorstorm 2, MGS4 (Already out why are they pimping this?), Quantum of Solace, Socom Confrontation, Ghostbusters, SCIV, Resistance 2, The Agency, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm, Mirror's Edge, RE5, Singstar, GHIV, NBA 09, Buzz Quiz TV, Killzone 2 (This isn't 08 but k), Fallout 3
- Look at what's coming next year: GOD OF WAR 3 YESSSSSSS. SHOWING A TRAILER. Pretty awesome, no gameplay though. No release date, or even a release window. Pretty carp.
- Now showing Infamous. CG/Comic Book fusion trailer. Showing some gameplay. Some pretty chaotic carp going on. Looks pretty cool.
- Announcing a brand new title. Andy Bodwin from Zipper Interactive (SOCOM) is presenting. Game is called "MAG"/ Massive Action Game. (Awful name.) 256 players online wtf. Teams will be broken into 8 player squads, lead by those who prove themselves strong enough players to lead. Now showing the game, or a trailer more like. Its all CG footage so far. Why on earth would you debut a game so heavily dependant on gameplay through CG footage. I don't understand. Honestly this looks awful. People are dropping in from helicopters and rockets are flying everywhere.
- That's it. What a carp bust. What a missed opportunity.
ill be working while most of them are going on

Unhappy oh well
I thought E3 died.
its smaller, more intimate now

aka it sucks
Yeah there's a lot of talk going around right now that says this is probably going to be the last E3.

But it won't really be, because I'm sure some other show will just take over its standing.
i'll care when i can play dating sims without chipping my ps2
KILLZONE 2 yoz

seriously hope to hear even more about Mirrors Edge.
yeah i was thinking that one too
also ps3 bioshock release.
With 360 Pro at $299, I might actually get one, then I would have all 3.

And that new non Halo Wars game sounds lame. Bungie was like "Finish The Fight" for 3, sounds kind of conclusive. But hey, its sounds to be some spin-off game.
Takao Wrote:With 360 Pro at $299, I might actually get one, then I would have all 3.

And that new non Halo Wars game sounds lame. Bungie was like "Finish The Fight" for 3, sounds kind of conclusive. But hey, its sounds to be some spin-off game.
you obviously have not seen the legendary ending of halo 3, and there is so much more of the future of the universe after all they've been showing in the novels.

and
Takao Wrote:With 360 Pro at $299, I might actually get one, then I would have all 3.
you got a wii and ps3 before a 360 WHAT
Gears 2, Fable 2, Mirror's Edge, and Fallout 3 are pretty much the only games I care about seeing/hearing more about.

If Sony decides to show God of War 3 (Which they are rumored to be) I will probably carp bricks and do back flips of joy.
i want to see pokemon games :-3 :-3 :-3
Oh I lied. I want to see more on Prince of Persia too.
Meh 360 never interested me much. As I'm a person who doesn't really care for shooters, but with the loads of Square (most likely timed) exclusives coming out on the 360. Well, my interest in the console has rose.
I want Sony to tell us Home Public Beta is the day after their show.

For Nintendo I want them to release the media cart internationally, and allow DS games to be downloaded from the Shop and transfered via WiFi to the DS cart.

On Microsoft side, really nothing other than seeing Star Ocean, and the other Square stuff.
I would love to see more Gundam games that dynasty warriors gundam game was awesome.
finally i can waggle with pinpoint accuracy
flashfox Wrote:http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/...hEO9zBvyPH

holy carp......gg newton?
Interesting; a lot of people have complained that the Wii's motion controls are not 1:1. Can't wait to hear more about it.
HAHAHAHAHAH

PS3 is officially LOL

Microsoft just announced Final Fantasy 13 for 360.

I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT.
Well I don't doubt that FF13 will still be a timed exclusive for PS3, but who cares. The fact is Sony just lost their biggest gun after MGS4.

They better announce some megaton carp tomorrow or they are seriously in trouble.

Also, for a recap of the MS press brief:

- New dashboard update this fall (Looks hot)
- Avatars were confirmed and they look to be taking on both Home and Miis as they can be put into games (Scene It was shown with Avatars in-game) and they have a new party system where you can have up to 8 avatars together to chat and stream photos, etc. You can also launch a game for the entire party seamlessly.
- Netflix was confirmed. No additional fee for current Netflix subscribers. Also, Netflix movies can be streamed through the Avatar party system so your friends can watch movies with you over XBL. Pretty awesome.
- Lips was confirmed to exist and be developed by iNiS. It was also confirmed that the game will be able to import any songs from your iPod or Zune to sing along with in the game. The microphones flash to the beat and are motion sensitive.
- RB2 was reinforced as a 360 timed exclusive this September. 84 master tracks will ship on the disc along with 20 bonus tracks. It was also confirmed that there would be no need to swap discs between RB1 and 2 to play old songs from RB1. They also confirmed what we already knew to be true in that RB1 DLC will be forwards compatible with RB2 and vice versa.
- Portal: Still Alive is coming exclusively to XBLM. Its essentially a portal expansion with new levels and achievements.
- Geometry Wars 2 and Galaga Legions release next month exclusively on XBLM.
- Resident Evil 5 got a March 2009 release date
- Fallout 3 releases this October 13th (lol Friday the 13th) with exclusive downloadable content for XBLM.
- Fable 2 releases this October WITH ONLINE DROP-IN/DROP-OUT CO-OP.
- Gears 2 has a 5 player co-op mode where you fight increasingly difficult hoards of Locust, also got a November 7th release date.
- And finally, Final Fantasy 13 is coming to Xbox 360.

I'm sure I missed a few things, but I tried to hit all the major ones. Feel free to add on to this.
take that, brandonk

with your ps3 and whatnot
It's alright, I'm sure Sony has a lot of guns tommorrow. Although I'm fairly certain even if it was a 360-timed exclusive, that it would still sell better on PS3, simply because nothing will ever make Japan care about Xbox to buy their console.

Sony has had worse times, like durring a conference in the 90's they were touting their CD add on for the SNES, only to have Nintendo announce at the same time that they're making it with Phillips instead.

Or when some Microsoft guy(believe it was Bill) said GTA IV was 360 exclusive. There has been worse things.