E3 2008!

the New dashboard is a no brainer really, pretty much Windows Media Center gui. very nice improvement. only thing i don't care for is those avatars like bigger creepier miis..

I guess FF is bigg deal but what if its like rockstar with San andreas and PS3 gets it first for like 6-12 months? Also im guessing engine wise, ff13 should look way better on PS3...like no excuse.
but w.e. lol i love my ff7 but im not likely playing 13 anytime.

Besides MIRROR EDGE imo is the carp. trailer

edit: haha I'm not crying, I ball
So sony is tommorow ay? good
hmm bitter tears

ps3 exclusive at first....should look better on ps3

muuahahahaha
Blue Wrote:the New dashboard is a no brainer really, pretty much Windows Media Center gui. very nice improvement. only thing i don't care for is those avatars like bigger creepier miis..

I guess FF is bigg deal but what if its like rockstar with San andreas and PS3 gets it first for like 6-12 months? Also im guessing engine wise, ff13 should look way better on PS3...like no excuse.
but w.e. lol i love my ff7 but im not likely playing 13 anytime.

Besides MIRROR EDGE imo is the carp. trailer

edit: haha I'm not crying, I ball
So sony is tommorow ay? good

Ok, here's the deal with FF13.

Its releasing in Japan first, exclusively on PS3. Hooray.

But, when the game releases in North America and Europe, both the 360 and PS3 versions will release on the same day.

That's pretty carp significant, if you ask me. lol
oh snap hahaha. lulz scea got pwnd
disk swapping returns
w.e. i lost count of FF after 10.

Mirrors Edge trailer is dope, like massively underrated at this point imo.
Lol Duke Nukem Fornever's publisher is now making a trillogy for the "handheld market" they know by the time the finish the games it'll be 2015 and handhelds will be absorbed into mobile phones and thus they didn't want to be specific.
Blue Wrote:oh snap hahaha. lulz scea got pwnd
disk swapping returns
w.e. i lost count of FF after 10.

Meh, disk swapping is something I don't really care about. Besides, MS just announced that with the new dashboard update you'll be able to install any and all games (new or old) to the hard drive, so disc swapping likely won't be an issue.

Blue Wrote:Mirrors Edge trailer is dope, like massively underrated at this point imo.

Agreed.

Mirror's Edge is honestly my most anticipated game this year. I just hope it lives up to the hype when it finally releases and doesn't pull an Alone in the Dark, where it looks awesome in videos, but then comes out and gets raped in reviews.

Though I doubt it will. ME looks so much more promising and original than anything I've seen so far.
lolol reading NeoGaf on FF13.
I guess it IZ MEGATON afterall.
pretty much none of my assumptions in my post stand anymore.
I've played AiTD, it isn't as bad as the reviewers say it is. I smell a lot of Atari bashing in those reviews. Hopefully the re-amped PS3 version shuts them up in the fall(I still hate that fanboy who said he bought a PS3 for this game, and him saying it's carp, despite it not being out). Since I'm on Atari my predictions for them:

They'll announce DragonBall DS for a release near the Japanese date in September.

Phil Harrison will anounce a plethora of awesomeness.

And DragonBall Online may get picked up for international distribution.
Blue Wrote:lolol reading NeoGaf on FF13.
I guess it IZ MEGATON afterall.
pretty much none of my assumptions in my post stand anymore.

Yeah for real, Sony fanboys are carp outraged.

I don't understand why though, its not like MS got timed exclusivity on the game or the PS3 version got canceled or anything retarded. Don't really see why they're so upset.
We feel betrayed, since the game's announcement back it was only for the PS3. Everything they showed us was thought of being on the PS3. They said they weren't developing main series Final Fantasy on 360. Square Enix lied.
Roan true. Hahaha really there will just be more people to Nerd-Out! with.
I guess its fanboys want to assert the superiority of th PS3 over 360. Now they're sad they can't tout it around..
Takao Wrote:We feel betrayed, since the game's announcement back it was only for the PS3. Everything they showed us was thought of being on the PS3. They said they weren't developing main series Final Fantasy on 360. Square Enix lied.

Not really. They haven't even begun development on the 360 version yet.

For that matter, they haven't even gotten it running on PS3 yet. Soooo....
Eh, if Square is smart, they better not put English on the Japanese BD release of FFXIII. Since the PS3 is region-free and all, and many games have all languages...
this is why buying a system for a specific game before that game has even a carp release date is idiotic
Bey Brad Wrote:this is why buying a system for a specific game before that game has even a carp release date is idiotic

lol

Well I think that's why this was such a shocker. Like nobody expected a franchise so traditionally ingrained with Playstation like Final Fantasy to make the jump to 360.

Its almost reminiscent of the Square jump from Nintendo's camp to Sony's so many years ago. Only obviously this time Square is supporting both platforms rather than just one.

Its a smart move on SE's part. Every business likes to make money and given the rather unimpressive install base of the PS3 in North America (4 million units vs. 360's 10+ million), I can't say I blame them for doing this. They're going where the money is, like any other smart business would.
Yes because Square Enix games sell gang busters in North America compared to Europe and Japan, right? Especially in Japan where the 360 userbase it what? 1-2 Million at the max?
Takao Wrote:Yes because Square Enix games sell gang busters in North America compared to Europe and Japan, right? Especially in Japan where the 360 userbase it what? 1-2 Million at the max?

Actually Dragon Quest is the big seller in Japan, not Final Fantasy. :-/
Another game very few people buy in North America compared to other games.

But I'm sure Square Enix decided to go multi-platform for all 630,000 360 owners in Japan. Admitedly, outdated numbers show the 360 beating the PS3 in Europe, however, these are numbers from long ago, a time before Metal Gear Solid 4.
Takao Wrote:Another game very few people buy in North America compared to other games.

But I'm sure Square Enix decided to go multi-platform for all 630,000 360 owners in Japan. Admitedly, outdated numbers show the 360 beating the PS3 in Europe, however, these are numbers from long ago, a time before Metal Gear Solid 4.

what part of "ff13 is ps3 only in japan" do you not understand
Ignore Takao, he's one of those types that like to go around saying things thinking he knows what he's talking about when he really doesn't.
Takao Wrote:It's timed only in Japan. It isn't only on BD in Japan. And if Square puts English on the BD, interesting things will happen. Unless Square launches worldwide on the same day, which will be a first for the company.

No it isn't timed in Japan, Jesus Christ. Its EXCLUSIVE TO PS3 in Japan. SE has no reason to release FF13 on 360 in Japan, it wouldn't sell for carp.

Read, genius:

"The announcement was heard all around the world: Final Fantasy XIII on Xbox 360? No way! Well, today's Square Enix E3 press conference clarified a few details. First: Final Fantasy XIII is still a PS3-exclusive ... at least in Japan. According to Kotaku, Square Enix exec Shinji Hashimoto told reporters: "I think you are right [in assuming that (the Xbox 360 version) is not coming out in Japan.]" It will only appear on Xbox 360 in English-speaking territories."

Source: http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/07/14/fina...onference/

They aren't going to release FF13 on 360 in Japan. It makes no sense whatsoever for them to do this. It does make sense, however, for them to release it on 360 elsewhere in the world since 360 is doing much better in other global markets, particularly North America. You're carp stupid if you don't think Final Fantasy sells well in North America. Like, beyond carp stupid.

I know its not great of me to resort to personal attacks here but Jesus kid, what part of this are you not comprehending?

Also, to your point about multiple languages being on the BR for FF13, what difference would it really make? Sure PS3's aren't region encoded but I don't think a whole lot of people are going to be importing this anyway. Besides, Square is already talking about how they are going to localize the game on PS3 and simultaneously develop the 360 version, so I don't think there WILL be multiple languages on the Japanese version of PS3 FF13.
nice try to make a stupid post and then delete it takao, we got that carp in quotes
I usually edit my posts to correct myself. I deleted that post because I posted it while not in the right mind.

So yeah, you booked that carp.
Or you just realized what you said was wrong and incredibly dumb. I'm betting that was it.
Are we sure Takao isn't BrandonK or someone like that?