E3 2008!

you two are the biggest nintendo apologists i know

at least kei has a ps3 now, perhaps he can be saved. flashfox, get back to me when you have an actual console
Artie Wrote:at least kei has a ps3 now, perhaps he can be saved.

I can't take that post seriously.

Not saying the wii is good or anything, but carp ps3 is a carp machine.
LOL i was kidding, mostly.

the ps3 is basically the gamecube, yeah
Artie Wrote:you two are the biggest nintendo apologists i know

at least kei has a ps3 now, perhaps he can be saved. flashfox, get back to me when you have an actual console
To be honest with you, Nintendo is the only company that really interests me. There has never been an overflowing amount of games that I've been really interested in on other consoles (obviously there is various exceptions though). Right now, this is what I am looking forward to on Wii/DS:

ToS: Dawn of the New World
NHL 2K9
Wario Land: Shake it!
MadWorld
The Conduit
Fatal Frame IV
Fragile
Mega Man 9
AC: City Folk
Sonic Chronicles
Chrono Trigger DS

and then we have PS3:

Soul Calibur IV
Flower
Resident Evil 5
Mirror's Edge
Sonic Unleashed

Now, I'm not trying to excuse Nintendo for their god awful conference (for core gamers), but it is hard to disagree with what was said in that post I linked to. Personally, I don't understand what everybody is complaining about, there is plenty of great games coming out soon for Wii, and without a doubt Nintendo has several "hardcore" titles in development which just were not ready to be shown at E3.
mad world looks like carp, why is everyone so hyped by it
The reason why I'll never own a 360 is because almost every exclusive isn't. It almost always ends up on PC(Hey Gears!), DS(HeyBlue Dragon!), or PS3(Hey Eternal Sonata!). That, and the fact that Microsoft puts too much emphasis on a genre I couldn't give a rat's carp about. And yeah, in my house there is actually a PC capable of running those games. It's not my PC, but still.

And lol at Kei, fair compairing a Handheld & Console to one console.
yeah the ds blue dragon is exactly the same as the x360 one

except they're entirely different games, shut up

who the hell cares if the game you want is exclusive as long as you can play it
Exactly, which is the reason I won't buy a 360. I have capable means of playing the games I want.
Takao Wrote:Exactly, which is the reason I won't buy a 360. I have capable means of playing the games I want.

ok

cool
Takao Wrote:The reason why I'll never own a 360 is because almost every exclusive isn't. It almost always ends up on PC(Hey Gears!), DS(HeyBlue Dragon!), or PS3(Hey Eternal Sonata!). That, and the fact that Microsoft puts too much emphasis on a genre I couldn't give a rat's carp about. And yeah, in my house there is actually a PC capable of running those games. It's not my PC, but still.

And lol at Kei, fair compairing a Handheld & Console to one console.

hey kind of like how ffxiii went to 360?
Takao Wrote:And lol at Kei, fair compairing a Handheld & Console to one console.
There was only two DS games on that list anyways. It would have made no difference if I had put "PS3/PSP" because there is nothing that interests me enough to purchase on that handheld.
Kei Wrote:Now, I'm not trying to excuse Nintendo for their god awful conference (for core gamers), but it is hard to disagree with what was said in that post I linked to. Personally, I don't understand what everybody is complaining about, there is plenty of great games coming out soon for Wii, and without a doubt Nintendo has several "hardcore" titles in development which just were not ready to be shown at E3.

This.

And I don't really play any of the hardcore that Ninty pumps out.
Bey Brad Wrote:mad world looks like carp, why is everyone so hyped by it

agreed

nintendo never held my interest with the wii,
even when it was overly hyped up a few weeks before the release.
i'm happy i never joined that craze.
i've never played a wii to this day, lol.

DS still holds my interest, though =)
i hope they announce a price drop in the DS soon
Damn Sonic Unleashed looks like an awesome game, seems like its going back to its roots by focusing on just speed ( which made him popular in the first place ), man over the past few years they've gone overboard on introducing too many characters and slowing down the gameplay dramatically, so far i've heard that is just going to be Sonic and Eggman and thats it, which is pretty sweet.
sonic unleashed looks like carp dude hahaha
You think so? Reminds me of the Paper Mario on the Wii how it transitions from 2D to 3D, I mean it does look alot like Sonic and the Secret Rings on the Wii but this time it won't be a victim of the Wiimote messups that kinda carp over the game.
not impressed at all

plus the werewolf parts look...ugh
It looks awesome to me, though I am a bit biased since I love Sonic in general (not including Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog 06, and Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity, etc). The worst part of it would be the Werewolf parts, but even those look okay.

I am also in love with the music from the E3 trailer haha

EDIT: Just as I thought.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=49649
Yeah right after Sonic Adventure 2 the series has gone so downhill, Sonic 06 was a massive dissapointment, i stopped playing after the first level that game singlehandedly?? crippled the Series and now everyone thinks that new Sonic games are going to be carp, but Unleashed looks like a breath of fresh air, it looks very full on and action packed.
yeah that miyamoto quote is carp carp

'oh hey we're at a videogame event aimed towards the hardcore, but no were not going to show ANYTHING that caters to them'

how can you people take this company seriously anymore . . .
After Sonic Adventure 2? Sonic Adventure 2 was god damn awful, and Sonic Adventure 1 was only okay if you only played the Sonic parts.
3D sonic games were pretty bad but i still love them
still pumped anyhow <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMTDjKusVqY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZd5fEgoHjU

please dont fail meeeeee
Old E3 is the hardcore...new E3 is more mainstream.

Do you think Reuters, Yahoo, NYT will attend things like TGS, Euro confs, PAX, etc?
flashfox Wrote:Old E3 is the hardcore...new E3 is more mainstream.

Do you think Reuters, Yahoo, NYT will attend things like TGS, Euro confs, PAX, etc?

I can't wait to get you on the podcast.

It is going to be H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S.