E3 2008!

Sure there have been awful things in E3's past, but this is definitely a kick in the nuts for Sony. There's no denying that.
No I won't deny it. It's going to hurt Sony, and instead of making people buy a PS3 for XII, they can go get the 360 version. But still, I'd bet the majority of sales of FFXIII will be on PS3. Just like how right now in preoders PS3 Soul Calibur holds 78% of the games' preorders IIRC.
Oh yeah, this confirms it. I don't think I can trust Japanese people anymore. With Kojima saying he would retire like 15 times, and SE saying they weren't developing any main series FF on 360.
Takao Wrote:No I won't deny it. It's going to hurt Sony, and instead of making people buy a PS3 for XII, they can go get the 360 version. But still, I'd bet the majority of sales of FFXIII will be on PS3. Just like how right now in preoders PS3 Soul Calibur holds 78% of the games' preorders IIRC.

Well yeah, I'm sure it will sell better on PS3 too but that doesn't lessen the significance of the fact that a 360 version is coming. FFXIII is (was?) Sony's next big game after MGS4, the one that would sell a carp ton of systems for Sony. Sony was banking on GTAIV doing this as well, and the 360 version and MS's marketing push for GTAIV greatly undercut Sony's projected profits from GTA.

I expect the same could happen with FFXIII. Granted, I'm assuming FFXIII 360 won't release day and date with the PS3 version, but even so, you know damn well Microsoft is going to spend a lot of money to market this and push it into gamers' minds.

Also, on the subject of SCIV, I suspect the only reason pre-orders are higher on PS3 is because of the Darth Vader cameo. Yoda in the 360 version apparently breaks the gameplay so I'm pretty sure that might have something to do with it. I can't think of any other reason why anyone would buy it on PS3 over 360. Its not like they're getting the PS3 version for a better online experience, unless of course they plan on using dedicated servers for the game but as far as I know Namco isn't planning on providing dedicated servers for the game on either console, so...
The lack of news IMO keept FFXIII from becoming Sony's next "killer-app". And actually, I believe Sony's next killer app is one in their own stable, and should be out this fall.
Whatever, you are totally downplaying the significance of this announcement.

FFXIII is a bigger game than Resistance 2 ever even thought about being.
I never said anything about Resistance, I hate shooters.
Then what the carp are you talking about.

"And actually, I believe Sony's next killer app is one in their own stable, and should be out this fall. "

Stop being so vague and annoying. If you have a point to make, make it.
Fine than, I believe there next killer app is the one people pegged as their next killer app, and that would be MediaModecule's LittleBigPlanet. If launched at a time near Home I believe LBP can be a big seller. Usergenerated content has become explodingly popular, LittleBigPlanet exploits this. Sure, the game isn't for everyone, but it is for more people than Resistance is.
Ok, I can't really argue with that. I think LBP is going to be a good game, but I don't think its going to sell crazy numbers like everyone wants it to, especially not on the scale of a big game like MGS4 or FFXIII.
lol Sony is screwed...

and if the WiiPlus was their early counter to what Sony's rumoured to be developing...

haha wow.
If rumors of the breakapart DS3 are true I will get sick. Motion controls are a horrible idea, from a person who owns a Wii, and tries to play Lair on PS3(this is why I encourage people to download the patch).

For LBP to be a sucess, Sony is going to need to advertise it, and solely it, not it and the PS3. But soley LBP, and at the end of the commercial, say "Only on PlayStation 3".
lolsony

My roommate loves FF, he went ape carp.
hahaha what was his reactionnnndid he rip up stuff
I was suprised at the FFXIII news, it was one of their big exclusives. I heard versus XIII is still exclusive to PS3, so the Sony fanboys still have something to grasp to.
flashfox Wrote:hahaha what was his reactionnnndid he rip up stuff

Naw, he actually has a 360 and thinks the ps3 is carp.

So I guess I meant ape carp in a good way.
SexyMichael Wrote:
flashfox Wrote:hahaha what was his reactionnnndid he rip up stuff

Naw, he actually has a 360 and thinks the ps3 is carp.

So I guess I meant ape carp in a good way.

hahaha

A lot of people are looking at it this way. I mean lets be honest, more people have 360's than either of the other consoles and who wants to drop $400 on a PS3 for one or two games?

Overall I like the trend of third party exclusives disappearing. Its good for consumers and increases the direct competition between MS, Sony and Nintendo since they need to differentiate in areas outside of third party support to keep their system relevant.
All I wanna see is some footage of Star Wars Battlefront 3
Caron Wrote:I was suprised at the FFXIII news, it was one of their big exclusives. I heard versus XIII is still exclusive to PS3, so the Sony fanboys still have something to grasp to.

ummm where have you heard that?

if i were a betting man, id bet in favor of it being ported just because it uses the same engine and assets....so its easy money on the 360 side as well
Artie Wrote:
Caron Wrote:I was suprised at the FFXIII news, it was one of their big exclusives. I heard versus XIII is still exclusive to PS3, so the Sony fanboys still have something to grasp to.

ummm where have you heard that?

if i were a betting man, id bet in favor of it being ported just because it uses the same engine and assets....so its easy money on the 360 side as well

No, he's right.

At SE's press conference they confirmed that Versus XIII is still exclusive.

"Also, Final Fantasy Versus XIII is still in development as a PS3 exclusive."

Source: http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/07/14/fina...onference/

EDIT: Of course, they said the same thing about FFXIII and look what happened with that... So who knows? Versus XIII could end up multi-platform too.
bah i still bet we see it on 360

not that im buying any of these FF games anyway
The avi thing looks cool. The new games might actualy give me instentive to play again
that's it time to get a 360
Bey Brad Wrote:that's it time to get a 360

Better snag a 20GB for $299 while they're still around. Smile