Duo αeclipse – CoroCoro Beyblade Burst God Design Contest Winner

(Mar. 06, 2018  2:34 PM)kjrules17 Wrote: Alright, nice. I got them. However, I have two things to say. One, does anyone know the types for all of them? And two, I think that the Wiki will just use Duo Eclipse without that special a thing, it'll probably be added to the individual articles to show how it's stylized, but yeah. The situation is similar to Flügel. It's really Flügel, but we use Flugel on the Wiki for better SEO, as most people who search for it won't add the umlaut for the u.

huh?  no. read the thread.  it should have the official spelling as written on the TT instructions.
(Mar. 06, 2018  2:57 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote:
(Mar. 06, 2018  2:34 PM)kjrules17 Wrote: Alright, nice. I got them. However, I have two things to say. One, does anyone know the types for all of them? And two, I think that the Wiki will just use Duo Eclipse without that special a thing, it'll probably be added to the individual articles to show how it's stylized, but yeah. The situation is similar to Flügel. It's really Flügel, but we use Flugel on the Wiki for better SEO, as most people who search for it won't add the umlaut for the u.

huh?  no. read the thread.  it should have the official spelling as written on the TT instructions.
I'm making the articles now. Like I said, I'll add how all three of the Layers are stylized, ok. It's all good.
(Mar. 06, 2018  2:59 PM)kjrules17 Wrote:
(Mar. 06, 2018  2:57 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: huh?  no. read the thread.  it should have the official spelling as written on the TT instructions.
I'm making the articles now. Like I said, I'll add how all three of the Layers are stylized, ok. It's all good.

Well I openly question your authority to make this wiki article.  You've demonstrated you don’t know much about TT, as evidenced by your posts in this thread.

this is not at all like flugel.
Flugel is spelled as Flugel on all of TT's packaging, so even if it's a mistake, it's the actual name. dα is meant to be spelled that with alphas, so typing out improperly them as well as the other layers with greek letters for their initials and names improperly is just wrong, and wrong information should not be present on the wiki. You should never take the lazy road when it comes to formatting.
Look, I got all the articles finished. Also, my mistake. I meant to say Orichalcum and Shadow Orichalcum. If you check those articles, it's mainly listed without the omega signs, but they are there, you know?

http://beyblade.wikia.com/wiki/Energy_La...uo_Apollos

http://beyblade.wikia.com/wiki/Energy_La...uo_Artemis

http://beyblade.wikia.com/wiki/Energy_La...uo_Eclipse

They're also on here too.

http://beyblade.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_G...stem_parts

And while I haven't been on the Wiki for a long time, I've gotten really good at structuring the articles for Burst Beyblades and their parts. A lot of them didn't even have existing pages before I came to the Wiki, you know? But it's not all me, I don't want you to think that. People like MonoDragon make awesome drafts for the parts as well, which is really great. And of course, there are countless others on the Wiki as well who are really good at other things like Episodes, Characters and Descriptions, Images, Products, etc.
I think it's more important the actual names of the layers are represented on the names of the articles. The fact this thread's name has the old name is bad enough, we don't need the improper spelling to make it onto the wiki as well. Not to mention that even if you wanted to keep the names without the greek letters, you should have spelled it as Duo Aeclipse to make up for the alpha's absence...

I say change all the names for these articles to have their proper greek letters, as well as for αmaterios, βaldur, and the Ωrichalcums. Going with TT's official terminology instead of fanon concepts for part and article names should be the only way things are done on an informative wiki.
I wouldn't go as far as to call it a lazy road when it's actually an educated choice. That's a bit insulting, haha.

Articles lack the special characters in their name due to their effect on SEO. The results for Baldur aren't necessarily the same for βaldur etc. It's an educated decision based on how search engines such as Google handle situations like this.

Obviously, this situation can be somewhat mitigated with appropriate wording on a page, such as an introduction like "βaldur, simplified as Baldur" (similar to what is already in place, just reversed), but it's never quite the same.

I'm down to give the green light to start using special characters if people think that'd be better, but I'll also be keeping an eye on how this is handled by search engines to see if the effect it has had now is better than it has been in the past.

But I also think people need to ease off on KJ there. "Well I openly question your authority to make this wiki article" - a really unfair statement given you don't understand the reasoning or how this works, and given he's literally following my instructions...
(Mar. 06, 2018  3:51 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: I wouldn't go as far as to call it a lazy road when it's actually an educated choice. That's a bit insulting, haha.

Articles lack the special characters in their name due to their effect on SEO. The results for Baldur aren't necessarily the same for βaldur etc. It's an educated decision based on how search engines such as Google handle situations like this.

Obviously, this situation can be somewhat mitigated with appropriate wording on a page, such as an introduction like "βaldur, simplified as Baldur" (similar to what is already in place, just reversed), but it's never quite the same.

I'm down to give the green light to start using special characters if people think that'd be better, but I'll also be keeping an eye on how this is handled by search engines to see if the effect it has had now is better than it has been in the past.

But I also think people need to ease off on KJ there. "Well I openly question your authority to make this wiki article" - a really unfair statement given you don't understand the reasoning or how this works, and given he's literally following my instructions...

i acknowledge it’s not my call to make. however i have the right to question decisions.  also, please do not assume you are the only person who understands how SEO works.
At no point have I said I'm the only one who understands it, nor have I said you're not allowed to question it. I just gave an explanation to answer your question as it seemed you weren't sure, and I diverted blame from KJ to me as appropriate.

Please don't try to start something here. It's not worth it.
(Mar. 06, 2018  5:26 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: At no point have I said I'm the only one who understands it, nor have I said you're not allowed to question it. I just gave an explanation to answer your question as it seemed you weren't sure, and I diverted blame from KJ to me as appropriate.

Please don't try to start something here. It's not worth it.

i absolutely don’t want to start anything. 

i just want to say now, i respect the wiki as we all do, and seeing these improper spellings is sub optimal to me. that’s all, mana.
And that's fair, and I agree. I've obviously given the reasons for the choice, and I respect that people don't like it, hence why I've said I'm willing to give the green light to using them in article titles as a trial again if people would like to see that. I'll always listen to feedback if people voice it, haha.
Just received both Beyblades (I ended up buying 2 packages so I could have the Beyblades without their combined form AND Duo Eclipse) and they're aesthetically gorgeous. Stickers were a nightmare, but the end result was worth it.

I customized Duo Artemis (blue frame + Purple+black Orbit) and Duo Apollos (red Bump Frame + Barring Driver) and they're both stunning. Duo Eclipse is clearly the star, but I'm happy with all of them.
Zankye (hope I spelled right) combined the "no face" parts to DE. If anyone folows em go check it out. Idk how he did it but he did.