Dragooon Discussion

I'm not sure whether or not this is known, but I have two different molds of Dragooon, both from Takara. I noticed because the new one I got today from Dimsum2u is 1.8g lighter than the one BladingSpirit5 sent me (which is also Takara), the weight is missing from the bottom rim of the wheel, where it cuts off flat rather than having a bevelled edge, and there are other places underneath where it has more or less weight too. I'll take pictures and exact weights in a little (going to weigh all my new stuff at once, and for the pictures I'll need to try to set up some lighting or something to make the differences visible), but the lighter one is lighter than normal for Dragooon and the molding looks slightly poorer quality overall (sorta like SonoKong MFB Explosion beys, a few smaller details missing here and there alongside a couple of grams), whereas the one I got from BS5 is heavier than the standard weight.
Going to make a new post for this seeing as no one replied to the previous and this is probably kinda important.

Here are the weights:

Dragooon 1: 31.46g
Dragooon 2: 29.66g

Both are Takara, Dragooon 1 was sent to me by Gintoki (formerly BladingSpirit5) a while back, Dragooon 2 is one I bought from Dimsum2u very recently. The molding on number 2 looks a bit worse quality wise IMO, kinda SonoKong-ey, but it's definitely Takara.

The extra weight apparently comes from an increased lower lip on Dragooon 1, so while underside pictures may make it seem Dragooon 2 is heavier or that Dragooon 1 is slightly hollowed out, this is only because the underside walls/outlines on Dragooon 1 are raised.

Here are links to pictures, won't embed them as they are large.
Dragooon 1 Underside
Dragooon 2 Underside
Side-On, Dragooon 2 on top of Dragooon 1

Yes, those URL's are in the right order, apparently the molding point near the pole of the chrome wheel being raised on dragooon 2 is being compensated for elsewhere (there are various differences where things are smoothed out or more abrupt compared to dragooon 1, but the main thing would be the large flat area around the hole there). Dragooon 2's rim only appears thicker because it is cut off flat, rather than the rounding of Dragooon 1. Picture 3 demonstrates this nicely, Dragooon 1 is clearly thicker.

I can try to improve the brightness of those pictures or just retake them if we need them for beywiki, I'll try to find something more suitable to lean them on for the stacked picture, just used what was at hand. As for any idea about performance differences, well being 1.8g lighter is going to hurt your attack and defense, stamina wise it's mostly going to come down to the weight of the pole vs the weight of the block around the hole I'd imagine. Dragooon 1 gets 3 minutes or so spin time in Crystal Up on Samurai Dragooon AD145WD, which is pretty solid. I'll look at doing some new ones tomorrow, just depends if I can actually get consistent times at all with my launch.

So yeah there we go, two different molds both from Takara Tomy. Joy.
That's weird... a whole 2 gram weight difference!

That second one is almost as light as Bahamdia! :o Are those the only two you have?
Yeah, only those two, but it would be good to hear from others what they have, especially if they have SK/Hasbro ones. The easiest way to identify it is the underside of the head at the top of both pictures. Note how the first one one has an outline and therefore three steps down to the bottom (heavy mold), whereas the second one lacks an outline and therefore just has two steps (light mold).
My Hasbro Dragooon weighs in at 29.0g, and is similar to the second picture; however, there is a slight molding difference; the circular indentation is closer to Dragooon's nose; I'll see if I can get a picture up.
I have a Sonokong & a Hasbro Dragooon, but no scale to mass them at the moment. I'll see if I can find a cheap one somewhere; it would be interesting to see how a Sonokong mold compares.
There's been discussion over in the draft topic, and nocto has posted some better pictures: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Dark-Kni...pid1187676

The Supreme One, it'd be interesting to know which of the two (left or right) they resemble (or one and two of my pictures), particularly the SonoKong one. Weights would of course be good too.

I still cannot even conceive of why Takara would do this - I assume from hasbro using it that the lighter mold is more recent, but a whole 1.8g and basically a layer scraped off the bottom... Why?
Sonokong Dragooon
Underside: Topside: Hasbro Black Dragooon
Underside: Topside: ...the Sonokong Dragooon looks nearly identical to Th!nk's first mold. Hasbro's Black Dragooon is a little more difficult to make out in the picture, but it seems to most resemble the first mold as well, though it's grooves aren't quite as deep.
(Jan. 21, 2014  10:22 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: Sonokong Dragooon
Underside:
Topside:
Hasbro Black Dragooon
Underside:
Topside:
...the Sonokong Dragooon looks nearly identical to Th!nk's first mold. Hasbro's Black Dragooon is a little more difficult to make out in the picture, but it seems to most resemble the first mold as well, though it's grooves aren't quite as deep.

There's no image or link of them. Unless you want us to Copy & Past, haha.
You viewed it before I edited it lol. Forgot to include image tags when I posted :p
Oh, good, that SonoKong one looks to be the heavy mold. So they released it too, at least. That is good.

And yeah it's hard to make out but your hasbro one actually looks like the heavy mold, so that means it's not a mold change either. That is so weird.
Yeah, the fact that only Takara Tomy made a second, lighter mold is pretty odd. I wish I had a good scale to confirm this.
Well, Hasbro used that lighter mold too, and I think the mold you have there from hasbro might be the one that was mentioned in the Draft topic, as the molding point or w/e it is that is either a circular cutaway or a cylinder on the heavy/light mold is in a different spot on yours. Hope someone with that can get a weight for us, and hopefully it's decently heavy so there's at least a chance hasbro-only bladers can get a good mold.