DragonBallZ : Gohan Or Goku?

The History of Trunks, and Bardock: Father Of Goku (despite what FUNimation might say) aren't actually movies. They're TV specials meant to fill timeslots while allowing the manga to get a few chapters ahead. There are a couple of other TV specials too, but the others are just recap shows, which are of little value. So little value that Toei didn't even send FUNimation the masters for those episodes. The two TV specials of value are basically filler that was done with some designs from Toriyama (ala GT and the movies). Later in a re-release of the manga, Toriyama retcons those storylines into the manga. However, that version of the manga (called the Kanzenban) is only available in French, and Japanese. Two languages I'm pretty poor at, so I haven't read them to see if they address Pikachao's concerns.
What seperates the TV specials from the other filler episodes is that the non-clip show ones have a bigger animation budget then the regular episodes, are planned pretty far ahead, and are aired between storylines.

The only thing that really seperates them from the movies is the venue. Rather then being shown in a theatre, they premiered on Fuji TV. That, and the film reels used for the TV specials are 4:3 (like the rest of the series, Kai excluded), rather then the 16:9 the movies are.
The scene was in both the "movie" and the frieza saga if I remember correctly. Freiza has flashbacks.
So these TV Specials were only adapting on Toriyamas ideas?
and I thought all of the Manga is available in english?
The initial run of the manga was fully released in English by 2006. In 2004 in Japan they started re-releasing DragonBall in bigger omnibus editions cutting the volume numbers from 42 to 34 called Kanzenban. These volumes featured coloured artwork, as well as new art, and art that had been slightly fixed. We've yet to see an English release of the sidestories not written by Toriyama, the One Piece crossover, Cross Epoch, or the parody series Neko Majin. Nor have we seen an English release of the Kanzenban

Neither the Future Trunks story, or the Bardock story were Toriyama's ideas, but were approved, and had character designs by him (ala GT and some of the movies). He enjoyed both of them so much he retconned both into the manga later on.

I was slightly confused with something else it seems, the Bardock and Future Trunks retcon happened in the initial run of the manga, at the point in which it was ending. The Kanzenban features some of the sidestories that further cement the TV specials into manga lore, but those were just adding to something Toriyama himself started.
Ah I totally want to read the Kanzeban! The drawings look absolutely amazing. It's a shame there is no english translation Unhappy....
Yeah I'd already known about Future Trunks, wasn't 100% on Bardock
Goku Dur
little gohan was beast, Cell Saga Gohan had had raped cell so badly it wasn't even funny. Then Ultimate Gohan kicked butt against regular super buu, for example Gohan punches Buu in the gut, then Buu uses his super speed but before Buu re-appears again Gohan already takes out his elbow and punches buu in the face even before he appeared i was like POWNED
Cell Saga Gohan was amazingly strong, but he was such a douche and prick, if those terms are any different. Goku's the go-to character, but young Gohan definitely beats everyone else.

carp I look like Gohan, smokin’ up that Marijuana
i would say goku but in a other way i would say gohan because he been highly trained by piccolo its going to be a close one
dude id sat goku is sronger he almost beat vegeda and the hole ginyu froce and there captain
(Dec. 19, 2010  5:26 AM)KOYA234 Wrote: dude id sat goku is sronger he almost beat vegeda and the hole ginyu froce and there captain
ture
just idmiditet that goku is stronger
we all no that who s better gohan or goku well about gohan you know when picalo teched him how to fight and he turrend him into a supersaiyn . and about goku his supersayin is awesome. so i guess goku is unleshed so goku is stronger.
Is this a trick question/thread?
Goku, natural ._. he's the best of ever D: