DragonBallZ : Gohan Or Goku?

this is the funniest topic
(Dec. 20, 2009  8:33 PM)To Wrote: Most of the movies don't fit into the DragonBall and Z (Toei), or DragonBall (Akira Toriyama) storyline. In the case of the DragonBall movies, most are just alternate retellings of events. With Curse Of The Blood Rubies, and Sleeping Princess in Devil's Castle side stories. The latter is what applies to the Z movies.

Toei's contribution to DragonBall isn't even canon anyway, but yes, the movies seemed like some fan-fiction carp to me. The movies were pretty fun in the end, but they could have at least given the canon a second thought.

edit: oh and brad, how is discussing the carp that the movies created funny
Tbqh, I found most of the Z movies to be terrible. Which is why I laughed when Vic Mignona (sp?) dissed DragonBall Evolution. Vic plays the part of Brolli in the FUNimation dub of those three movies.

I liked Cooler's movies, and movie 12. A recent rewatch of all of them hasn't changed my opinion either.
I know that the later Movies aren't canon (basically what-ifs) but after re-reading the credits over and over again I found the name of Akira Toriyama no where to be found.

This shows how demanding Toei animation became... they carp up the Movies by not giving the Manga a second look, only by scrolling through/using they're general knowledge. I think Toriyama had control over the earlier ones and Wrath of the Dragon inparticular since it's quite realistic. I found the Janemba movie to be pretty interesting, but since they added "hell" it made no sense to me. DBZ doesn't even state heaven or hell just "other world" (king kai's world, supreme kai's world etc).

There are 9 other worlds, but just classifying a new sort of division is unacceptable since they have made enough changes.

There are just two other things that bug me/Need clarification:

that When Goku turned Super Sayain he was the "legendary super sayain" the one that comes every 1000 years, 3 Years later, Vegeta becomes a super sayain? Tired (not going to bother about Broly since that was Toei's movie carp)

Also, how comes that when Bardock and Frieza fighting at a power level of 9,100 could destroy a planet but Omega Shenron and SSJ4 Gogeta fighting at 80,000000 couldn't? I know GT isn't canon but it makes no damn sense..
You've probably only read the Viz translation or watched the dub? Because there is a hell in DragonBall.
Lol this is funny how to topic subject has changed just make a DBZ thread. Wink
(Dec. 25, 2009  3:13 AM)To Wrote: You've probably only read the Viz translation or watched the dub? Because there is a hell in DragonBall.

Cell was sent to a hell, one of them
there is more than one hell, not one like in the Janemba movie.
The Bojack movie fit perfectly in the DBZ timeline.

Anyone else like movie 12?

Gogeta was pretty cool but nothing compared to Vegito.
Movie 12 is my favourite DBZ movie. It was the only one that seemed like something Toriyama would come up with.

inb4 Brolli fanboys
personally i liked gogeta better than vegito. his attacks anyways Tongue_out
What is the point of this thread? It will just cause arguments. Also everyone is getting off topic so i think this should be closed.
lol or TK over there could change the thread into a DBZ thoughts thread
Yeah! But i doubt he will.... Uncertain (probably too obssessed with ,trying, to prove his point)
ahhah maybe. you never know. i think hell do it whenever hes bored if he even thinks about changing the topic of the thread.
(Dec. 31, 2009  10:15 PM)flaming aura Wrote: What is the point of this thread? It will just cause arguments. Also everyone is getting off topic so i think this should be closed.

get out

This is the best thread on this forum. Serious
(Dec. 31, 2009  10:12 PM)HEARTof4Lion Wrote: personally i liked gogeta better than vegito. his attacks anyways Tongue_out

Movie 12 Gogeta was pretty awesome.

I like Vegito better because he's the more superior fusion, and his candy form was kicking a**.

@To~ Lmao Agreed
(Jan. 01, 2010  3:55 AM)Dranzer_Gigs Wrote: I like Vegito better because he's the more superior fusion, and his candy form was kicking a**.

LOOL true dat!!
(Dec. 31, 2009  10:24 PM)To Wrote: get out

This is the best thread on this forum. Serious

QFT! that guy does not know what he is talking about
(although this is more of a discussion thread, maybe i should ask one of the moderators to change the name)

also Vegito kicks Gogetas carp carp! Vegito is way sexier imo...
(Jan. 03, 2010  1:47 AM)Takao Kinomiya Wrote: Vegito is way sexier imo...

What the....
(Dec. 08, 2009  9:30 PM)Khel Wrote: For a series that went on for as long as this did there are bound to be some inconsistencies, trying to actually base an argument as to whom is stronger is really silly.

How's about frieza blowing up namek because he can breathe in space but goku can't because he's a saiyan. Yet the flashbacks show goku's father in the middle of space breathing fine as he tries to attack Frieza.

How about the "3 minutes until the planet Namek EXPLODES MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH" lasting a ludicrous 15 or so 20 minute long episodes?

I don't think you can really argue on a small point like this when there are plot flaws in the first place. I could be wrong here, and I love dragonball as much as the next DBZ fan, I'm just saying... you can't really keep this argument up 'cause it's going nowhere.
(Jan. 03, 2010  2:26 AM)Pikachao Wrote: How's about frieza blowing up namek because he can breathe in space but goku can't because he's a saiyan. Yet the flashbacks show goku's father in the middle of space breathing fine as he tries to attack Frieza.

How about the "3 minutes until the planet Namek EXPLODES MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH" lasting a ludicrous 15 or so 20 minute long episodes?

I don't think you can really argue on a small point like this when there are plot flaws in the first place. I could be wrong here, and I love dragonball as much as the next DBZ fan, I'm just saying... you can't really keep this argument up 'cause it's going nowhere.

wasnt the scene of bardock in space in the movie bardock the father of goku?
goku is by far the strongest character he gets stronger as he fights his enemies and will never give up but gohan was jus stonger than him at one point wen he was a kid wen he fought cell but thats bout the only time gohan was the strongest
(Jan. 03, 2010  9:37 AM)sikdeadzone Wrote: goku is by far the strongest character he gets stronger as he fights his enemies and will never give up but gohan was jus stonger than him at one point wen he was a kid wen he fought cell but thats bout the only time gohan was the strongest

loool this arguement was over a looong time ago dude.
sikdeadzone- No, no, no and no

@-HEARTof4Lion- Yeah i think it is from that movie, though I'm not too sure.
sikdeadzone, I bet you have only watched the 'parts' where Goku beat Frieza, Gohan beat Cell and Goku beating Kid Buu. You can not say someone is strong because they have good perseverance either. This is like saying all the Dragoons are the best because Tyson is the main character. You are correct that Goku was stronger throughout the series, but from his Ultimate Gohan form he was Stronger than SSJ3 Goku...

Pickachao, come on this argument was over a long time ago, we use it as a DBZ discussion thread now.

ARTof4Lion, yup it was.