Design Archives of the World Beyblade Organization: 2008 – 2011 [Part 1 of 4]

[Image: WBO-Design-Archives-Logo-Part-1-2008-2011.png]

Looking Back on 10 Years of World Beyblade Organization Design History
Words posted on the website and photos taken at our events are a huge part of what enables us to look back fondly on the past ten years of the World Beyblade Organization, but another aspect which has also been a silent–but ever-present–factor is the various elements of graphic design throughout the website and in the real world at our events. They have helped to shape how we view and feel about the WBO and everything we do.

With 2018 being the WBO’s 10th anniversary, the timing seemed perfect to put together a visual history of the WBO focusing on much of the design done over the years by our staff members.

A 4-Part Series
This archive will be split into four parts:

• 2008 – 2011 (View Below!)
  • 2012 – 2015 (View Here)
  • 2016 – 2018 (View Here)
  • Special Projects: 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2018 – Never Before Seen Material (View Here)

What's Included?
Throughout each part you can expect to see an overview of basically everything ever designed by staff members for the WBO:
  • Logos
  • Old theme screenshots
  • WIP theme screenshots
  • T-shirts
  • Banners
  • Posters
  • Promo cards
  • And more!
In some cases where there was multiple variations of a particular design we didn’t include them all, but essentially everything is represented.

If you've designed something for the WBO (as in an official event or perhaps a local WBO team) that isn't included here (we focused primarily on staff contributed design), please feel free to post it in the applicable thread based on the year it was designed. We'd love to see it!

Questions About a Specific Piece? Post them!
It would be impossible for us to comment on every single piece featured, so if you have any questions about one specifically, please feel free to ask.

Enjoy!

2008 Design History (Click to View)

2009 Design History (Click to View)

2010 Design History (Click to View)

2011 Design History (Click to View)
I LOVE ALL OF THESE SO MUCH
Great update - I'm a huge nerd when it comes to website archives so this is absolutely incredible! Now all we need are some T-Shirts with the old WBO Pegasis logo Wink
(Dec. 05, 2018  5:08 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: Great update - I'm a huge nerd when it comes to website archives so this is absolutely incredible! Now all we need are some T-Shirts with the old WBO Pegasis logo Wink

Glad you enjoyed it! You'll definitely like the rest of what we have in store for this series, then. Smile

And haha yes, I did think about that. The problem is that we can't sell them, but maybe in the future at a certain event we might give some away ... Hmm ...
All the italian tournament posters are made by this user: Hanyuu, also known as "Robby-chan" Smile
(Dec. 06, 2018  8:48 AM)C a o S³ Wrote: All the italian tournament posters are made by this user: Hanyuu, also known as "Robby-chan" Smile

Thanks! I've added his name to the opening post.
I forgot how much I LOVED those HMS and PLA Remembrance avatar+sig combos. ??

I'm excited to see what else will resurface in the weeks to come!
(Dec. 06, 2018  9:26 PM)Angry Face Wrote: I forgot how much I LOVED those HMS and PLA Remembrance avatar+sig combos. ??

I'm excited to see what else will resurface in the weeks to come!

Definitely one of the highlights for me too from back then! I've always loved the diagrams from the instruction sheets in Plastics and HMS.

There's definitely a lot of interesting stuff to come!
this was, very nostalgic :')
Awesome thread, especially for newcomers like myself.