Deikailo's Ban.

Gasher, I do not think you properly understand any of this, and at this point you are asking for something that absolutely will not happen.
SHOULD I TELL THE STORY OF THAT ONE TIME SHE WAS MOOING AT PEOPLE AT ANIME NORTH
CAUSE I WILL
lollikenoneofyouknowwhoiam
I'm just wondering if having an announcement with not discussion at all would have been better.

Ah well.

And yeah, Brad, Th!nk pretty much said it for me (that's happening far too often lately.. >:V) other than the alleged Aru and Dei "book club".. Yet to be answered.
(Apr. 03, 2012  1:58 AM)AnnieDuck Wrote: SHOULD I TELL THE STORY OF THAT ONE TIME SHE WAS MOOING AT PEOPLE AT ANIME NORTH
CAUSE I WILL

Hello, Brad's ex-girlfriend.

That was years ago, and not relevant to this.
old WBO leniency and funny posts meets new, stringent efficient posts of today!
The day. It has come.

stabbing tornados with knifes, yes?
Anyway, that was fun to look at. :V
(Apr. 03, 2012  1:56 AM)Hazel Wrote: Gasher, I do not think you properly understand any of this, and at this point you are asking for something that absolutely will not happen.

I AM awire that Dei will not be let back in as I said "Dei may not be the best example of my idea of temporarally banning somone.
(Apr. 03, 2012  1:53 AM)Gasher Master Wrote: I saw that flaw, we could check in on her if she does it again ban her, like I said Dei may not be the best example here.

As it was said before, Deikailo's ban is final and will not be changed. And also, that's not very realistic either. Look at it from the committee's perspective; when you're running a site which has tens of thousands of members, you can't give second chances for offences like what was stated in the OP.

EDIT: Would you give a temporary ban for somebody who had enough chances to redeem themselves as it is?
(Apr. 03, 2012  12:13 AM)Dan Wrote: That wouldn't explain why Arupaeo was apparently okay with her books in February, does it?

Perhaps Arupaeo himself can clarify, I wouldn't like to shove words down his mouth.

(Apr. 03, 2012  12:14 AM)th!nk Wrote: To be honest, if it were a beyblade one of you would purchase at that price anyway, the cash flow is identical (she gives you beyblade, you give her money, she gives you money), and selling beyblades is where a significant portion of her income comes from anyway, so it's not necessarily quite as ridiculous as it sounds, haha.

But yeah, I'm curious for what Arupaeo has to say.

What we wrote is entirely accurate:

Quote:It wasn’t until late January, 2012 that a final accounting was made, but this accounting was completed without the benefit of accurate records or receipts, and even now there is little confidence that the full and true amount due the WBO has actually been paid.

Yes, I accepted the money she had for us after we finished the negotiations over what she would owe, but make no mistake about it, it was a negotiation - not a straightforward accounting. She didn't have written records for all the passports (she did have written records for some), and didn't have receipts for prizes. She claimed that she had permission from Kei to spend a full 50% of all tournament proceeds on prizes (which Kei not being there I couldn't verify, and for tournaments of this size it would be highly unusual) and then we began to try and construct the accounting.

In describing to me what prizes she gave out at tournaments she claimed amounts that were unusually large and in some cases were definitely not accurate. For example, she said that the first prize for the climactic DJ battle was about twice what it actually was - until I reminded her that I was the winner of that tournament and didn't receive that much stuff - at which point we revised the amount down from her original position. The negotiations continued like that as we went through the tournament list several times, until we reached a point where we had finished and called it a day.

So again, did we close the books on those tournaments? Yes. Am I confident that the amount we reached is what it was supposed to be? No.

As to the issue of beyblades vs cash: I gladly accepted beyblades (at cost) in lieu of cash as she had some beys that I knew people in my community wanted to buy. Basically I bought them from her personally and then she gave the WBO the cash. No problems here whatsoever.
Do you people listen!? I said Dei may not be the best example for the temp ban.
(Apr. 03, 2012  2:02 AM)Dan Wrote: old WBO leniency and funny posts meets new, stringent efficient posts of today!
The day. It has come.

stabbing tornados with knifes, yes?
Anyway, that was fun to look at. :V

State of the wbo was pretty much about that in a sense. The attitude of some people then wasnt really tolerable. Seems it only temporarily fixed that problem, and it still lingers
(Apr. 03, 2012  2:00 AM)Hazel Wrote:
(Apr. 03, 2012  1:58 AM)AnnieDuck Wrote: SHOULD I TELL THE STORY OF THAT ONE TIME SHE WAS MOOING AT PEOPLE AT ANIME NORTH
CAUSE I WILL

I don't appreciate just being referred to as his ex. I also contributed a fair bit to this community over the years.

And that incident, to my mind, has long been indicative of her attitude and overall disrespect for people other than herself. I've been aware of her antics for nearly 10 years, and she's been like this to some degree or another the entire time.
(Apr. 03, 2012  2:24 AM)AnnieDuck Wrote:
CAUSE I WILL

I don't appreciate just being referred to as his ex. I also contributed a fair bit to this community over the years.

And that incident, to my mind, has long been indicative of her attitude and overall disrespect for people other than herself. I've been aware of her antics for nearly 10 years, and she's been like this to some degree or another the entire time.

Granted I don't know who you are or how much you did...But I was unaware that this thread was for bashing Dei? If anything this thing needs is more calm,cool,and collected discussion...or lockage.
CAUSE I WILL

Well I couldn't just go "oh, you're annieduck!"

because that is what the thing to the left of things you say does.

Anyway, I'm aware of it, and a lot of the history, but it's still not particularly relevant here, and we are trying to keep this focused on what is occurring at present/has been occurring recently.
You identified her by calling her Brad's ex, dude. That is kind of demeaning rofl
(Apr. 03, 2012  2:31 AM)Shinn Wrote:
(Apr. 03, 2012  2:00 AM)Hazel Wrote: Hello, Brad's ex-girlfriend.

Granted I don't know who you are or how much you did...But I was unaware that this thread was for bashing Dei? If anything this thing needs is more calm,cool,and collected discussion...or lockage.

I'm a super old timer, though I moved on from the community/Bey in general some time ago.
Mm. My enthusiasm got the best of me.
However, as I said, going from my experiences with her? I can't say I'm entirely surprised.
However, it's none the less disappointing and saddening. She really saved our butts a couple of times at tournaments back in the day, and I can't deny her passion about building the New York community. I had really hoped that she had grown up more, but, well, here we are. She had some serious promise, it's a pity, but this is the reality.
I have a great deal of confidence in and respect for the administrative team here at the WBO-- they're a really competent group, and they really know what's best for the community as it moves forward, with all the experience they have.

(Apr. 03, 2012  2:47 AM)Hazel Wrote: Well I couldn't just go "oh, you're annieduck!"

because that is what the thing to the left of things you say does.

Anyway, I'm aware of it, and a lot of the history, but it's still not particularly relevant here, and we are trying to keep this focused on what is occurring at present/has been occurring recently.

But I'm so much more than just a keyboardist blastoise!!
It's often the case that the best way to determine the future is to look to the patterns of the past.

(Apr. 03, 2012  2:50 AM)Zain Wrote: You identified her by calling her Brad's ex, dude. That is kind of demeaning rofl

Eh, I just sorta hoped that people had remembered me for more than just that. But, it has been a very, very long time.

Anyway, back to topic, kiddos.
I do actually know you more for your avatar and your contributions than association with Brad, it's just the first and quickest thing that came to mind, haha.

Things really had gone pretty well for a while, comparatively, but... eventually, it just all went to pot, and couldn't be resolved in a pretty way. It is unfortunate that things came to this, but this is precisely what things came to, and no alternative would've been acceptable.

I am going to go ahead and put out notice that we are closing this thread soon, so if anyone has anything else they'd like to say/contribute, please do so.
I can't really say much, but apparently, if that's the way she wants to go, that's the way she goes.
th!nk, Dan, Nano, Zain, ljadams9, whoever else was most affected (not in a "sad" manner) by Deikailo's ban : If you all ignore all the people bandwagoning and everything, is there anything else you want to say on the subject, or any reason that you want this topic to remain open ? Some of you obviously thought at first that it should not have been public, but we explained several times why that was not possible; so, knowing that and hopefully understanding it, do you neutrally believe that it can be closed now, because it could not be closed earlier ?
I'd just like to say this one thing and then i'm golden. Regardless of the WBO's decision it's of my opinion that to those of you that say you're her friends...Don't just throw the friendship away. Anyways those are my $.02.

Removed the quote so others wouldn't take it out of context. Unhappy
I think you're safe to close it, though if she has something to say in her own defense within some reasonable time frame, perhaps it could be reopened/discussed for some short time.

But yeah, I think everyone has said their piece and everything worthwhile that is going to be said has been said.

Though, I do think the fourth point in the OP could be altered based on the discussions we had, but whatever.
Gotta side with th!nk on this. Pretty much every valid point has been argued multiple times here, so there's really no reason to leave it open. It'll probably get even more repetitive if it reamins open.
Can I get reinsurance (?) that the people I mentioned understand why this topic was made (nobody would have been fine with not being explained the reasons otherwise, etc.), and why it had to be open for discussion for a while, despite the few "bandwagon" posts that were made in the process ?
Yeah, sure. Here's mine. I've made all relevant complaints now, nothing more to say.
All I can really say about this is it should be closed. It harbors a place for drama.