Death Discussion

I Noticed In This Thread He Didn't Test Stamina,Here Are My Stamina Tests

Equipment Used: 3 Segment Grip,Beylauncher LR

Combo Is,Death Bull B:D,And Death Bull AD145WD

Death Bull B:D: 9/20 (Wins All By OS)
Phantom Pegasis III AD145WD: 11/20 (Wins All By OS)

Death Bull B:D: 13/20 (Wins All By OS)
MF Diablo Kerbecs BD145MB: 7/20 (Wins All By KO)

Death Bull B:D: 4/20 (Wins All By OS)
MF Variares M145R2F: 16/20 (Wins All By KO)

Now For The AD145WD Part

Death Bull AD145WD: 13/20 (Wins All By OS)
Phantom Pegasis AD145WD: 8/20 (Wins All By OS)

Death Bull AD145WD: 12/20 (Wins All By OS)
Diablo Kerbecs BD145MB: 8/20 (Wins All By KO)
Necroing this since we are talking about it again for the top-tier list.

Summary of current discussion:

* Death is still outclassed by Duo and Phantom like it always has been
* Death does strangely well against left-spin, which is becoming a more and more relevant ability
* Death ___ W145(WD/EWD) is a passable stamina custom for taking out defense and OSing left-spin
I seriously think Leone makes a difference
I use Leone and Susanoow in mine, it gets odd spin results that are less in solo times, but better in battle.
Death is so crazy! When I test it against duo its, 5 wins to 5 wins. When other peopel test it its 10 wins to 0. And in solo spin time its no where near close to duo.
My results have been the same as kyler_the_best's
I heard somewhere that Duo has noticeable differences in between molds... I have an A1, which has out-done other molds I have seen. Just a theory. IDK if that's not it. Unhappy
That could be it, I'll check when I can what mold mine is.
Death should be noted as a Anti-Spin Steal combo if you don't have a Duo, and it has use in Anti-Attack, quote from Meow!s combo Death Escolpio 90RF.
There is no such thing as anti-spinsteal, when it is left vs right they are BOTH spin stealers. This is the mentality Ultra is trying to break.
Well, okay... Spin-Steal. Death with B D would Spin-Steal if there is no Duo.
Lol sorry if I came off a little rude XD
Alright, this took forever, but I finally grouped every single standard-format test (Save maybe a couple if I missed any Tongue_out) ever done on this site on Death vs. Conventional stamina wheels.

1) Duo and phantom have different molds, so the results do differ slightly

2) I think we can safely conclude that Death is, in fact, outclassed by phantom and Duo. If it is a question of putting it on the tier list, then its results against scythe are completely unrelated, but I thought I'd put 'em up anyway. Smile

3) I think this discussion on Death for conventional stamina needs to end, since the results currently posted show that it is definitely outclassed by the wheels currently on the tier-list.

4) Anti-spin-steal is not a real term. It has been thrown around recently to refer to right-rotating spin-stealers that were designed to take out Dragooon combos. A bey that wins be stealing spin is a spin stealer. Smile

Hope this helped!
At least from my perspective, those look like very inconsistent results...

edit: I can completely see that death does not have the pure stamina of phantom or duo, but I honestly believe this "grinding ability" that is frequently mentioned at least makes up for that in part leading to my previous statement that things involving death should be listed under balance.
Maybe they're inconsistent because of launching power... *COUGH*
theblackdragon, thank you so, so much for doing that, it's hard to put into words how extremely helpful that is for this conversation Grin

Time, the tests show overwhelming CONSISTENCY in saying that Death is outclassed in almost every way by Phantom and Duo barring extremely strange customs (MF-H B: D etc.). Furthermore, what "grinding" are you talking about, and where is it "frequently mentioned"? Finally, a custom that only spins longer than another Beyblade--nothing else--is a Stamina custom; there's nothing Balance about it.
In a zero g format death is actually does very well I'm not saying its the best but with my experience (death beafowl BGrin) is one of the best zero-g's I've seen
Thank you theblackdragon.

Those tests are exactly why I disagree with adding Death on. You will beat one combo and one combo only- MSF-H Revizer Dragooon SA165 EWD.
(Jun. 19, 2013  11:35 PM)ShinobuXD Wrote: Thank you theblackdragon.

Those tests are exactly why I disagree with adding Death on. You will beat one combo and one combo only- MSF-H Revizer Dragooon SA165 EWD.

Well, It can take down Dragooon BD145RDF variants too. It's really actually quite useful in a metagame where left-spin is used frequently. Smile
Yeah, like theblackdragon said, if you're in a meta of left spin everywhere (and Dragooon is kind of everywhere lol) then Death would potentially be a safer Stamina pick than Duo or Phantom.

Would Death still lose to Duo and Phantom stamina customs? Absolutely.
Would Death be able to OS defense? Yep, it's got passable stamina.
Would Death be able to withstand attackers? No, lol, it's a stamina custom
Would Death be able to beat left-spin? Yes, and a whole lot more consistently than Duo or Phantom.

If you're entering a right-spin stamina heavy meta then Death is a horrible pick, but if there's a Dragooon problem in your town then Death isn't a bad choice at all.
Can Death KO Stamina types in Attack mode? Is its Stamina consistent in both modes? I'm surprised by its Stamina results, I may have to get a Death Quetzalcoatl nowSmile.
Hold on- why isn't Dragoon BD145 RDF KOing Death in tournaments?
UGottaCetus-
Death isn't exactly an Attack wheel, y'know.
Even in Attack Mode, it doesn't quite have the contact points it needs to KO Stamina (unless its BGrin Stamina of course, haha).
Anti-Attack combos are popular for handling Attack types and also KOing Stamina types though. A perfect Death Anti-Attack might pull off a KO against Stamina. However, it isn't meant to be used that way- so don't expect much success...

You might also want to read that though it is awesome for Stamina, it IS outclassed by Duo and Phantom. So yeah. Not the best Stamina wheel; just a good choice against Left-Spin.
(Nov. 05, 2011  2:08 AM)Dan Wrote: Most YouTube videos are complete garbage: People can't shoot for carp, thats exactly why they use out of the box beys for videos instead of actually having a meaningful video.

By the way, Gibson, it'd be cool if you did your tests on a first post, first serve basis..

You mean Zankye? I can totally agree...
Correct me if I'm wrong but at one point death was considered top tier for defense, no?