Connecticut [USA] Tournament Discussion

Connecticut madness! THREE tournaments over the next 2 months!
Calling all Conneticut Bladers!

If you want an awesome experience, a chance to battle some of the highest ranked bladers in the world (including North American Champion geetster99), and some great candy and prizes (and maybe pizza), A Timely Farewell on June 21st is the tournament for you! There will be three formats along with a side tournament to compete for a Takara Tomy Stadium! Additionally, all out of state bladers who attend get an free Beyblade.
While I can't make it, I'd encourage any CT Bladers who can to try and do so! Let's cross some borders!
Just a quick update:

Face boosters chosen at the CT Qualifier have finally been awarded!

Also, the CT top 10 has been updated. If you're on there, and would like to join the CT Dragons, PM me.
OK, guys. The new Team Format has been announced, and I think maybe we should do a bit of strategic planning around CT teams. Obviously we cannot host a Team Format tournament without splitting our tight knit community into separate teams. We also don't want TOO many teams in CT, as we want to make sure CT Teams make a show in the global rankings.

I'm thinking CT needs 4-6 structured teams, each with a strong captain, so we can have successful events here in CT, but can also move up the ladder in the overall rankings.

Thoughts?

EDIT: The CT Dragons aren't a team in the sense of Team Format. More like an elite group of CT Bladers. I'm thinking I may captain Team Cetus, seeing as the CT State Animal is a Sperm Whale.
With the lack of tournament participation these days & a few regulars planning to retire, I think 3, no more than 4, teams would be best. Each team needs at least 3 players, so that's 9 regulars as it is... too many teams could make things more disorganized and leave captains without a following in the dust.
I say we start with 4. That'd give us 3 teams while you're "away from home", and an extra when you're back where you belong Smile

So figure You, Leone19, and I would be captain of 3 teams. We need a captain for the 4th.
So if all goes as planned, I'll be hosting in late October and December during Winter Vacation (probably with TheSupremeOne during the winter).

I'll probably try to do something every month that Naiajalk does not have one, but we'll see how that plays out, haha.
OK. I'm going to buy some Burst as soon as I can, and will hold an event in August so people can play with them if they don't have them already. We'll wrap that around a Zero-G tournament so we can get some Beypoints Smile
(Apr. 17, 2015  9:17 PM)Naijalak Wrote: OK. I'm going to buy some Burst as soon as I can, and will hold an event in August so people can play with them if they don't have them already. We'll wrap that around a Zero-G tournament so we can get some Beypoints Smile
I will be in CT at some point over the summer (most likely in July) and will probably host a tournament then, if I can't make it to yours. Hopefully I'll be able to buy some Burst before then!
Happy 2nd anniversary to CT today! Two years ago we had our first WBO event, two Qualifiers later, we've had so many awesome events.

So happy I've been part of CT WBO players since the beginning.
I just received a bunch of Facebook messages from a group of moms here in Simsbury asking when the next tournament was going to be. Looks like I need to plan one for earlier than August.
(Apr. 20, 2015  3:05 PM)Naijalak Wrote: I just received a bunch of Facebook messages from a group of moms here in Simsbury asking when the next tournament was going to be. Looks like I need to plan one for earlier than August.

Since I'll be at TBR and won't be able to host for BeyDays, maybe do one then?
I'll have to see. May is nuts for us as we're moving across town. Possibly June, then August. If those go well, I guess October would be next Smile
Hey guys! I know summer is going to be a busy time for some of CT's regulars, but I would love to host a tournament or two on June 26th-28th or July 5th, if possible. If you're available one of those days and you think you might be interested, let me know!
Just curious : why would summer be busier than during the school year ?
(Jun. 13, 2015  8:53 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Just curious : why would summer be busier than during the school year ?

Most of the current regulars have summer jobs or are on vacation.
We may possibly be able to do the 27th or 28th.
So who's up for a tournament? Standard, maybe? I'd love to do Burst, but I just don't have the cash to pick up stuff.
The WBO can reimburse Burst purchases for a Beyblade Bursts Onto The Scene Tournament (I don't think ya'll have had one yet). Basically the get you a bunch of Bursts and the first 7 people get them for free.
Great to know they're still doing that! I may have to host a Burst tournament then!
Yeah, Maryland and Virginia had theirs during the last two weekends of October, so you guys would be no exception. Joyful_2
(Nov. 12, 2015  10:42 PM)Naijalak Wrote: So who's up for a tournament? Standard, maybe? I'd love to do Burst, but I just don't have the cash to pick up stuff.

Yeah, I've been trying to get the funds for the Burst event around here, but no such luck for me from the Burst Onto the Scene deal, haha. Was told our region wasn't necessarily priority, size wise.

I planned on hosting in December probably; been so busy lately.
(Nov. 13, 2015  2:25 AM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Nov. 12, 2015  10:42 PM)Naijalak Wrote: So who's up for a tournament? Standard, maybe? I'd love to do Burst, but I just don't have the cash to pick up stuff.

Yeah, I've been trying to get the funds for the Burst event around here, but no such luck for me from the Burst Onto the Scene deal, haha. Was told our region wasn't necessarily priority, size wise.

That is only half-true. We are definitely excited to introduce Burst to any community where there is sufficient interest.
(Nov. 13, 2015  4:42 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Nov. 13, 2015  2:25 AM)Leone19 Wrote:

That is only half-true. We are definitely excited to introduce Burst to any community where there is sufficient interest.

That was what I was told when I did ask a while back, so I don't see how it's half true, haha. In my most recent proposal, I was told:
Kai-V Wrote:Unfortunately, after review, we do not really have the funds for this to be a Bursts Onto The Scene event, especially since we had given priority to other regions.

I mentioned about just getting a stadium and just a few tops instead, but the funding wasn't there.

But if CT is back into consideration for a sponsored Burst event, that would be great to see happen and happy to hear it's an option. Smile