Competitive Burst Classic Customizations

Competitive Burst Classic Customizations
(Last Updated September 4, 2020)

Note: Generally speaking, within one category and brand, combos are listed from best to worst, and within one combo "line" parts are listed from best to worst. For example:
Burst Classic Competitive Combos List Wrote:KO Defense
Takara-Tomy
  • Gigant Gaia/ßaldur Gravity/Heavy/Yell Keep'/Unite'/Keep/Unite/ßite
  • Wolborg/Kaiser Kerbeus Gravity/Heavy/Yell Keep'/Unite'
suggests that the G2/ßaldur combo outperforms the Wolborg/K2 combo in its role, and that Gravity and Kp' are the optimal Disk and Driver for both setups.

Attack

KO Attack
Takara-Tomy
  • Victory Valkyrie Knuckle/Gravity/Triple/Magnum/Heavy Xtreme'/Quick'/Jolt'
  • Xcalibur Heavy/Gravity Xtreme'/Quick'/Jolt'
  • Spriggan Limited/Spread/Knuckle Xtreme'/Quick'/Jolt'
  • Storm Spriggan Knuckle/Gravity Xtreme'/Quick'/Jolt'
  • Valkyrie Force/Magnum/Knuckle/Triple/Gravity/Heavy Xtreme'/Quick'/Jolt'
Hasbro
  • Spryzen S2 Knuckle/Gravity Xtreme/Jolt-S/Hunter-S
  • Valtyrek V2 Knuckle/Gravity/Triple/Magnum/Heavy Xtreme/Jolt-S/Hunter-S
  • Xcalius Heavy/Gravity Xtreme/Jolt-S/Hunter-S

Burst Attack
Takara-Tomy
  • Valkyrie Heavy/Armed/Magnum Revolve/Yielding/Orbit/Orbit Metal/Needle/Gyro/Zeta'
  • Zillion Zeus Heavy/Armed/Gravity Revolve/Yielding/Orbit/Orbit Metal/Needle/Zeta'
  • Inferno Ifrit Heavy/Armed/Knuckle Revolve/Yielding/Orbit/Orbit Metal/Needle/Zeta'
  • Driger S Heavy/Armed/Gravity Revolve/Yielding/Zeta'
  • Victory Valkyrie Heavy/Gravity/Spread Planet
Hasbro
  • Roktavor Heavy Survive-S/Ωcta/Cycle/Prevail-S/Orbit/Weight
  • Valtyrek Armed/Spread/Heavy Needle/Prevail-S

Mixed Attack
Takara-Tomy
  • Valkyrie Spread/Knuckle/Gravity Trans'/Hunter'
  • Victory Valkyrie Gravity/Knuckle/Heavy Reboot'/Ultimate Reboot'
  • Valkyrie Spread/Knuckle Iron/Zephyr/Accel
  • Zillion Zeus Knuckle Hunter'/Iron/Zephyr/Accel
  • Inferno Ifrit Knuckle Iron/Zephyr/Accel/Hunter'
Hasbro
  • Spryzen S2 Gravity/Knuckle Iron/Zephyr
  • Zeutron Z2 Knuckle Iron/Zephyr/Hunter
  • Valtyrek Knuckle/Heavy/Spread Wedge-S/Iron/Zephyr

Defense

KO Defense
Takara-Tomy
  • Wolborg/Kaiser Kerbeus/Quad Quetzalcatl Gravity/Heavy/Yell Keep'/Unite'
Hasbro
  • Gaianon G2/Evipero/Yegdrion Y2/Orpheus O2 Gravity/Heavy/Yell Unite/Ωcta

Burst Defense
Takara-Tomy
  • Neptune Down/Knuckle Orbit/Yielding/Orbit Metal/Zeta'
  • Wolborg/Kaiser Kerbeus Gravity/Knuckle/Down Orbit/Orbit Metal/Yielding/Zeta'
Hasbro
  • Yegdrion Y2/Orpheus O2 Gravity/Down/Knuckle Orbit/Needle/Yard-S

Stamina
Takara-Tomy
  • Deathscyther/Acid Anubis Spread/Knuckle/Gravity/Heavy/Down Revolve/Yielding/Orbit/Orbit Metal
  • Odin/Deathscyther Heavy Defense
  • Neptune Gravity/Spread/Knuckle/Heavy Revolve/Yielding
  • Deathscyther/Acid Anubis Spread/Gravity Iron/Zephyr/assault/Accel
  • Neptune/Deathscyther/Acid Anubis Yell/Spread Eternal
Hasbro
  • Yegdrion/Kerbeus/Orpheus O2/Anubion A2/Doomscizor D2 Heavy/Knuckle/Gravity/Spread Yard-S/Orbit/Absorb-S/Eternal-S/Liner/Liner-S
  • Kerbeus Yell/Spread Absorb-S/Eternal-S
  • Yegdrion/Kerbeus/Anubion A2 Spread/Gravity/Knuckle Iron/Zephyr

Balance

Anti-Attack
Takara-Tomy
  • Minoboros Knuckle Quick'
  • Quad Quetzalcatl Yell Quick'
Hasbro
  • Orpheus O2 Yell/Gravity Hunter/Xtreme

Dragoon
Takara-Tomy
  • Dragoon F Polish Absorb/Destroy
  • Dragoon F Yell Eternal
Hasbro
  • Dragoon F Yell Absorb-S/Eternal-S
  • Dragoon F Polish Xtend-S/Destroy/Dimension-S
  • Dragoon F Gravity Ωcta

Bullet
  • Deathscyther/Acid Anubis Armed/Vertical Bullet
  • Wolborg/Driger F ßumper/Armed/Heavy Bullet

Other Balance
  • Odin Heavy/Spread/Yell Blow
  • Driger F Gravity/Heavy Charge/Charge Metal

Looking for feedback on this please, especially with Hasbro stuff since I don't have as big of a Hasbro collection as I do TT. Idk if there's anything obvious that I just overlooked either. Hopefully this won't end up like the Standard Competitive Combo list since Classic is a more stable meta.
I expect hybrid to be banned personally for classic. But if Hybrid somehow isn’t banned, it should be on this list. K.Hy and Driger F.Hy so far seem good to me. I guess they would be balance type.

Also interesting to see Bumper.
Thanks for sharing this list Wombat

What are all of your thoughts on:

Driger F/ Wolborg Gravity/Heavy Ωcta/ Charge (Balance)

And

Victory Valkyrie Gravity/ Heavy Zeta' (Mixed Attack)

Driger F Gravity Octa beats out Wolborg and Driger F on Bullet and many same spin opponents. Not to mention Driger F and Wolborg's solid burst resistance.

I believe both have shown up a couple of times in the past on Winning Combos. Just curious to see what you all think.
(Nov. 04, 2019  2:14 PM)LazerBeamz Wrote: Thanks for sharing this list Wombat

And

Driger  F Gravity Octa beats out Wolborg and Driger F on Bullet and many same spin opponents. Not to mention Driger F and Wolborg's solid burst resistance.

I believe both have shown up a couple of times in the past on Winning Combos. Just curious to see what you all think.

I used Driger F Gravity Charge in my latest Classic Tournament, and it beat DeceasedCrab’s Anubion A2 Gravity Yard-S and Common Pickle’s Valkrie Heavy Revolve and Xeno Excalibur Knuckle Variable. It’s a pretty solid pick overall!
Oh shoot, that Driger S combo I made earlier this year made it in here for Burst Attack, wasn't expecting that for sure. Also Yielding is in a quite a few combos here.
(Nov. 04, 2019  6:26 PM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote:
(Nov. 04, 2019  2:14 PM)LazerBeamz Wrote: Thanks for sharing this list Wombat

And

Driger  F Gravity Octa beats out Wolborg and Driger F on Bullet and many same spin opponents. Not to mention Driger F and Wolborg's solid burst resistance.

I used Driger F Gravity Charge in my latest Classic Tournament, and it beat DeceasedCrab’s Anubion A2 Gravity Yard-S and Common Pickle’s Valkrie Heavy Revolve and Xeno Excalibur Knuckle Variable. It’s a pretty solid pick overall!

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I don't have Charge or Driger F so I haven't tested it myself, and while I've seen that combo appear several times on the Winning Combos list I've actually never seen it in action either. Does it perform similarly to Odin Heavy Blow (which DeceasedCrab suggested be moved to Balance rather than Stamina)? Just by looking at the parts individually it sounds like it can do a little bit of everything.

I can test out Wolborg on Ωcta later but I can't help but wonder if that would be more of a weight based KO Defense than Balance. Wolborg bursted more on Unite than something like G2 or Evipero did in my testing, is this not also the case with Ωcta?

Not a huge fan of V2 on Zt' (or any non-KO Attack Driver really) personally, I feel as if it's a bit of a mismatch between the Layer and Driver and that Z2 or Single Layer Valkyrie would be a better pick. Is there a particular reason you prefer V2 over Valkyrie/Z2 on Zt'? Though speaking of V2, I remember seeing V2 on Rb' appear a few times recently at Ardmore Bladers tournament. What kind of matchups did that combo have, and did it win any of them? Was the height of Rb' supposed to be a counter to Bullet?
(Nov. 05, 2019  7:06 AM)Wombat Wrote:
(Nov. 04, 2019  6:26 PM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote: I used Driger F Gravity Charge in my latest Classic Tournament, and it beat DeceasedCrab’s Anubion A2 Gravity Yard-S and Common Pickle’s Valkrie Heavy Revolve and Xeno Excalibur Knuckle Variable. It’s a pretty solid pick overall!

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I don't have Charge or Driger F so I haven't tested it myself, and while I've seen that combo appear several times on the Winning Combos list I've actually never seen it in action either. Does it perform similarly to Odin Heavy Blow (which DeceasedCrab suggested be moved to Balance rather than Stamina)?  Just by looking at the parts individually it sounds like it can do a little bit of everything.

I can test out Wolborg on Ωcta later but I can't help but wonder if that would be more of a weight based KO Defense than Balance. Wolborg bursted more on Unite than something like G2 or Evipero did in my testing, is this not also the case with Ωcta?

Not a huge fan of V2 on Zt' (or any non-KO Attack Driver really) personally, I feel as if it's a bit of a mismatch between the Layer and Driver and that Z2 or Single Layer Valkyrie would be a better pick. Is there a particular reason you prefer V2 over Valkyrie/Z2 on Zt'? Though speaking of V2, I remember seeing V2 on Rb' appear a few times recently at Ardmore Bladers tournament. What kind of matchups did that combo have, and did it win any of them? Was the height of Rb' supposed to be a counter to Bullet?
In my finals match against NatedogPhilly, I used V2 Rb’ exclusively and it won the match 5-0 or 6-0 after bursting/ KOing Nate’s Spriggan Limited X’ and bursting his Acid Anubis Heavy Revolve. I used it in the finals against Common Pickle’s Perfectly Balanced Acid Anubis Heavy Orbit and V2 was unable to burst or KO it. I also used it in a first stage match against Nate and it burst his Anubis/ Anubion pretty convincing. The V2 in question also broke very soon after the tournament so oof.
here are some of my best classic combos: Neptune Vertical Bullet, Driger Fang 00Cross Xtend+ and Wolborg Outer Eternal
(Nov. 26, 2019  4:52 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: here are some of my best classic combos: Neptune Vertical Bullet, Driger Fang 00Cross Xtend+ and Wolborg Outer Eternal
Unfortunately, 00, Cross, Xtend+, and Outer are not allowed in Burst Classic.
I came up with the perfect counter for O.H.D, C.G.D. Try it out.
I've found a potential KO defence combo: S2 H Kp'. You can see my thread on it and testing + results
Is quarter a good alternative for heavy?
(Jan. 01, 2020  12:54 AM)YishYash Wrote: Is quarter a good alternative for heavy?

I would say yes. It has the same weight as heavy and does great for attack combos.
(Nov. 04, 2019  5:12 AM)Wombat Wrote: KO Attack
Takara-Tomy
Could Ultimate reboot' be good K.O attack?
(Jan. 01, 2020  1:40 AM)rightspin99 Wrote:
(Nov. 04, 2019  5:12 AM)Wombat Wrote: KO Attack
Takara-Tomy
Could Ultimate reboot' be good K.O attack?

I was wondering the same thing.
Could Gold-X Betromoth B4 Heavy Liner-S be a possible good defense combo? I have tried putting Liner-S on Betromoth and it feels kinda tight, so I just wondered.
(Jan. 01, 2020  1:52 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: Could Gold-X Betromoth B4 Heavy Liner-S be a possible good defense combo? I have tried putting Liner-S on Betromoth and it feels kinda tight, so I just wondered.
Don't think so. The shape isnt that good for defence and tightness is only half the battle when it comes to defense.
(Jan. 01, 2020  2:18 AM)bladekid Wrote:
(Jan. 01, 2020  1:52 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: Could Gold-X Betromoth B4 Heavy Liner-S be a possible good defense combo? I have tried putting Liner-S on Betromoth and it feels kinda tight, so I just wondered.
Don't think so. The shape isnt that good for defence and tightness is only half the battle when it comes to defense.

Figured. I didn’t think Betromoth would be an aggressive enough defense type to be useful on Liner-S.
What does everyone think of this proposed update? I've highlighted the changes here:

(Nov. 04, 2019  5:12 AM)Wombat Wrote: Mixed Attack
Takara-Tomy
  • Valkyrie Spread/Knuckle/Gravity Trans'/Hunter'/Iron/Zephyr/Accel

KO Defense
Takara-Tomy

Burst Defense
Takara-Tomy
  • Wolborg/ßaldur/Gigant Gaia/Kaiser Kerbeus Gravity/Knuckle/Down Orbit/Orbit Metal/YieldingZeta'

Stamina
Takara-Tomy
  • Deathscyther/Acid Anubis Spread/Knuckle/Gravity/Heavy/Down Revolve/Yielding/Orbit/Orbit Metal
  • Deathscyther/Acid Anubis Spread/Gravity Iron/Zephyr/assault/Accel/Fusion'
Hasbro
  • Yegdrion/Kerbeus/Orpheus O2/Anubion A2/Doomscizor D2 Heavy/Knuckle/Gravity/Spread Yard-S/Orbit/Absorb-S/Eternal-S/Liner/Liner-S
  • Kerbeus Yell/Spread Eternal-S/Absorb-S

Balance

Dragoon
Hasbro
  • Dragoon F Yell Eternal-S/Absorb-S
  • Dragoon F Gravity Ωcta

Other Balance
  • Driger F Gravity/Heavy Charge

Changes:
  • Added V2 on Rb'/Ul' to mixed attack
  • Added Gravity to Valkyrie Trans', it seems to give the combo more stamina without sacrificing too much burst resistance
  • Split mixed Valkyrie into Drivers that can use Gravity and Drivers that probably shouldn't
  • Added Q2 to KO Defense
  • Added ßaldur, G2, and Zt' to Burst Defense (though imo G2 doesn't do very well on Orbit, it might be worth splitting it to only Y/Zt')
  • Added Absorb-S in pretty much all places where Eternal-S is, since it seems to have the same strengths of the TT Absorb without the aggressive drawbacks. Not sure if it directly outclasses Et-S yet though.
  • Added Liner-S to mainstream Hasbro Stamina, based on KJ's testing and Hello321's repeated success with it
  • Added Orpheus to mainstream Hasbro Stamina, still unsure if its place between Kerbeus and A2 is totally accurate
  • Moved OHB and its variants to a new Balance category that needs a better name, and added DGF on Charge there as well. V2 on the Reboots could potentially be moved here too but it may be a little too vulnerable to attack?

Does anyone disagree with these, or think anything else should be added?
Maybe add Dranzer Flame and Unicrest for Hasbro Stamina, they seem to also have pretty decent Stamina from the tests I've done so far. I still have to compare them to stuff like Anubion A2 and other stuff at some point though.
(Jan. 02, 2020  7:03 PM)Wombat Wrote: What does everyone think of this proposed update? I've highlighted the changes here:

(Nov. 04, 2019  5:12 AM)Wombat Wrote: Mixed Attack
Takara-Tomy
  • Valkyrie Spread/Knuckle/Gravity Trans'/Hunter'/Iron/Zephyr/Accel

KO Defense
Takara-Tomy

Burst Defense
Takara-Tomy
  • Wolborg/ßaldur/Gigant Gaia/Kaiser Kerbeus Gravity/Knuckle/Down Orbit/Orbit Metal/YieldingZeta'

Stamina
Takara-Tomy
  • Deathscyther/Acid Anubis Spread/Gravity Iron/Zephyr/assault/Accel/Fusion'
Hasbro
  • Kerbeus Yell/Spread Eternal-S/Absorb-S

Balance

Dragoon
Hasbro
  • Dragoon F Yell Eternal-S/Absorb-S
  • Dragoon F Gravity Ωcta

Other Balance
  • Driger F Gravity/Heavy Charge

Changes:
  • Added V2 on Rb'/Ul' to mixed attack
  • Added Gravity to Valkyrie Trans', it seems to give the combo more stamina without sacrificing too much burst resistance
  • Split mixed Valkyrie into Drivers that can use Gravity and Drivers that probably shouldn't
  • Added Q2 to KO Defense
  • Added ßaldur, G2, and Zt' to Burst Defense (though imo G2 doesn't do very well on Orbit, it might be worth splitting it to only Y/Zt')
  • Added Absorb-S in pretty much all places where Eternal-S is, since it seems to have the same strengths of the TT Absorb without the aggressive drawbacks. Not sure if it directly outclasses Et-S yet though.
  • Added Liner-S to mainstream Hasbro Stamina, based on KJ's testing and Hello321's repeated success with it
  • Added Orpheus to mainstream Hasbro Stamina, still unsure if its place between Kerbeus and A2 is totally accurate
  • Moved OHB and its variants to a new Balance category that needs a better name, and added DGF on Charge there as well. V2 on the Reboots could potentially be moved here too but it may be a little too vulnerable to attack?

Does anyone disagree with these, or think anything else should be added?

I might add soemthing like S2 H Kp' but everyone needs to do testing before you can add it to this list under KO Defence
Can you rate my deck? Ill tell you their functions too.

Tyros T2 Polish Destroy, this combo is used for spin equilization against left spin beys and defense agaimst right spin beys. I made a thread testing the combo out and it works well.

Dragoon F Yell Yard-S, this combo is a mix of spin equilization and anti-attack.

Spryzen S2 Gravity Xtreme, this is used for Burst attack and KO attack.

So, how do you like my deck?
(Jan. 09, 2020  12:33 AM)lilphilyb Wrote: Can you rate my deck? Ill tell you their functions too.

Tyros T2 Polish Destroy, this combo is used for spin equilization against left spin beys and defense agaimst right spin beys. I made a thread testing the combo out and it works well.

Dragoon F Yell Yard-S, this combo is a mix of spin equilization and anti-attack.

Iron seems to work better with Spryzen S2. Other than that I am not sure about what Tyros T2 is good for so I am not sure about that combo.
(Jan. 09, 2020  12:37 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Jan. 09, 2020  12:33 AM)lilphilyb Wrote: Can you rate my deck? Ill tell you their functions too.

Iron seems to work better with Spryzen S2. Other than that I am not sure about what Tyros T2 is good for so I am not sure about that combo.

I dont have iron.
(Jan. 09, 2020  12:55 AM)lilphilyb Wrote:
(Jan. 09, 2020  12:37 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: Iron seems to work better with Spryzen S2. Other than that I am not sure about what Tyros T2 is good for so I am not sure about that combo.

I dont have iron.

Then your combos are fine.