Combat Tops - Go Beyond Bey [Next Events on Sept. 22!]

[Image: ddci0s0-8938970e-5370-4fe8-820d-7484bc5d...Gf0PIsQfas]

Welcome to Combat Tops, a new series of fighting, spinning top tournaments coming to the Richmond, Virginia area where tournament champions can take home cash and other prizes!

Combat Tops' mission is to elevate the game of fighting tops to the level of true sport by empowering the creativity of players, improving the designs & materials of fighting spinning tops, and rewarding champions with certificate & cash prizes.

[Image: ddchu2t-28ba8b87-77ce-4948-878f-61a0ece9...ssqMzx8w18]

Tops need only satisfy some basic requirements to enter Combat Tops competitions:
  • Height and diameter of any top may not exceed 100 millimeters;
  • Total mass of any top may not exceed 100 or 50 grams, depending on the tournament.
This means modded beys, 3D-printed parts, and all other non-Beyblades are welcome in Combat Tops competition! Of course, a final safety inspection will be conducted for all tops and launchers prior to final registration.

Full details on upcoming events can be found by going to the Combat Tops Events page on Facebook.

[Image: ddchvo9-38514bcd-4735-409a-a033-a6518f90...kL63D_CNT4]

If you want to see one of a kind customs, harder impacts, and win cash prizes for competing, then join the Combat Tops movement! You can follow us on Facebook and Instagram @combattopsofficial and subscribe to the Combat Tops YouTube channel to stay up to date on tournaments and other content.

Let's go beyond bey and take battling tops to the next level!
How come every time there’s a great prize at a tournament, I can’t go! Unhappy. First Ice cream, now money.

Also, what’s the Eternal title for?
Apparently stuff in Your Creations doesn't need permission to post Non-WBO events on WBO?
(Jul. 25, 2019  6:11 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Apparently stuff in Your Creations doesn't need permission to post Non-WBO events on WBO?

Non-WBO Beyblade tournaments by the official companies, by other communities and by other unaffiliated businesses can be shared in Beyblade General, but I posted this in YC because the project is technically the creation of a WBO member.
The fact that they are putting robotics and code into these just seems awesome unless i read the description wrong that's exactly what would be happening and if successful it is brining the world of beyblade further up than it is now
IT IS KIND OF LIKE THE DIGITAL CONTROL R C BEYBLADE
Just a quick question why are you using caps lock it's pretty obnoxious lol also I feel like it will be more of a code for spinning attacking so not really full remomeote control but it would be cool to see how this all goes down
(Jul. 27, 2019  7:56 PM)NumberWonBlader Wrote: The fact that they are putting robotics and code into these just seems awesome unless i read the description wrong that's exactly what would be happening and if successful it is brining the world of beyblade further up than it is now

(Jul. 27, 2019  8:08 PM)Emperor 1 Wrote: IT IS KIND OF LIKE THE DIGITAL CONTROL R C BEYBLADE

It's not necessary for tops entered in Combat Tops competitions to be motorized or use any electronics, but there's certainly no rule against it!
This is Amazing!

Hey @“Angry Face” , would it be possible to get Combat Top events in my area?
Wish I could go. i have an excellent 3D printed bey in the works
Does this mean I can just use MFB...?
(Aug. 10, 2019  5:01 AM)K1D Wrote: Wish I could go. i have an excellent 3D printed bey in the works

When it's finished, you should share it with @combattopsofficial on Instagram with the tag #CombatTops! I'm sure lots of people would love to see it!

(Aug. 10, 2019  4:32 PM)Armor Wrote: Does this mean I can just use MFB...?

You could!
Tournament dates are posted till the end of the year! The next two events are on Sunday, September 22nd, but you can find them all on our Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/combattopsofficial/events/
What about tops with really sharp edges? It could hurt people, right?
How did I get involved
(Aug. 31, 2019  7:30 AM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: What about tops with really sharp edges? It could hurt people, right?

Good questions! Safety is always a top priority, so all tops are inspected prior to registration. If they appear to be poorly contructed or if their design is one that might pose a real risk to the safety of players or damage equipment, they won't be allowed entry.

As for the arena, it is enclosed by a 12" steel cage barrier to protect players from tops and other large debris that might be ejected. Eye-protection is also mandatory before entering the combat area, but glasses are included with registration to ensure all players have equal protection.
(Sep. 02, 2019  9:04 PM)Angry Face Wrote:
(Aug. 31, 2019  7:30 AM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: What about tops with really sharp edges? It could hurt people, right?

Good questions! Safety is always a top priority, so all tops are inspected prior to registration. If they appear to be poorly contructed or if their design is one that might pose a real risk to the safety of players or damage equipment, they won't be allowed entry.

As for the arena, it is enclosed by a 12" steel cage barrier to protect players from tops and other large debris that might be ejected. Eye-protection is also mandatory before entering the combat area, but glasses are included with registration to ensure all players have equal protection.

Well planned and surprised someone is this much into conducting a tourney for spinning tops with safety uncompromised.
So like Beyblade Battlebots?
(Sep. 04, 2019  1:30 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: Well planned and surprised someone is this much into conducting a tourney for spinning tops with safety uncompromised.

It's really the only way to have Beyblade-like tournaments where 3D-printed and homemade parts are allowed without also creating excessive restrictions on designs. Thanks!

(Sep. 05, 2019  1:22 AM)X-Wing Wrote: So like Beyblade Battlebots?

Certainly in spirit!
Didn't even know this was a thing... I'm interested! This is super cool!

Oh wait, no events in my area. At least, not yet...