Changes to the WBO Staff!

Seeing as we have been getting a lot of SPAM progressively, and that a few of the staff members have been quite absent these last months, we figured it was time for a reshuffle within the staff! Welcome to the team :

Daegor42 as a Committee Member!
Roan as a Global Moderator!
And OkiBlaze as a Global Moderator as well!

We will probably add some more moderators in the upcoming weeks.

On the subject of SPAM, we are doing our best to deal with the recurrent SPAMmer 'rup123', who has a dynamic IP address and whom we therefore cannot ban indefinitely. I already made a topic about this, but I suppose I have to repeat my words again :

Never reply to his posts. If you do that, you just help his SPAM by bumping his threads, which will make even more people see them. Simply report his messages, and let them die. We might have to warn members who are replying to him eventually, because it is extremely counterproductive.
Wow, congrats Roan, Daegor, and OkiBlaze!

You guys so deserve this. I wonder who's the next mod ... It is a mystery
Haha!
Congratulations to all. Surprised to see Roan back, good for him!
congrats guys finally roans back in action
Congratz, Roan, Daegor42, and OkiBlaze! I knew it would always happen.
CONGRATULATIONS!! I wish I could be a moderator. Maybe on day that would be possible!
Great job you 3

Think it was a bit overdue for daegor and okiblaze, tbh Grin
Congrats Guys! I Will make it on Their one Day And Rup will DIE And will Never want to come Here again HahahaXD.
I was wondering when Daegor and Oki were going to make it!

Congrats to you two, and to Roan for returning!
Was waiting for this, hah.

Congratulations Daegor and Oki! Grin
yes new staff
cool, new staff but it's a pain there is a on-purpose spammer. i thought oki would one day be a mod.
About time Daegor and Roan became at least mods. I think OkiBlaze is a nice guy too, don't know much about him, though...

Well, congratulations, guys! Hope you can keep all noobish attitude away from the forum.
ah just what we needed in the nick of time too, congratulation guys Smile
Thanks for all of the congratulations guys.

I've known about this happening for a few weeks now... You have no idea how hard it was to keep it under wraps until now. haha

It feels good to be back. Smile
Congratulations guys! I know all three of you are just right for the job, I look forward to the upcoming obliteration of the irritation known as spam.
Great job, you three!

Hey, why is rup123 spamming the boards anyway?
Congratz! Scared of Roan for some reason. All three of you deserve it for sure.
(Jan. 09, 2011  4:21 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Great job, you three!

Hey, why is rup123 spamming the boards anyway?
He probably finds it fun.
(Jan. 09, 2011  4:21 AM)Kyuubi-Master Wrote: He probably finds it fun.
I got that part, but what's his vendetta against the WBO?
Congrats To Daegor,Roan and OkiBlaze.Hope rup will go away soon
(Jan. 09, 2011  4:21 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Hey, why is rup123 spamming the boards anyway?
He is only a low-life. There is no other explanation.

He did something to eventually have me ban him permanently, and now he comes back.
Honestly guys, the more attention we give rup123, including in threads like this, the more likely he or she is to stick around and continue to annoy us all.

The simplest and best solution is to just ignore them. As Kai-V said in the original post here, the best thing to do is to report posts or threads you see made by rup123 and then go about your business.
(Jan. 09, 2011  4:24 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jan. 09, 2011  4:21 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Hey, why is rup123 spamming the boards anyway?
He is only a low-life. There is no other explanation.
Really? Most people do that sort of thing after they are banned... he just picked this board and started spamming it?

So let me get this straight; he finds a way to evade an IP ban and decides to post adult material on a spinning top forum in his free time? He's not a very good troll, is he?
(Jan. 09, 2011  4:25 AM)Roan Wrote: Honestly guys, the more attention we give rup123, including in threads like this, the more likely he or she is to stick around and continue to annoy us all.

The simplest and best solution is to just ignore them. As Kai-V said in the original post here, the best thing to do is to report posts or threads you see made by rup123 and then go about your business.
Point taken.

Congrats, man.