Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Re: Libra]

Poll: What changes do you think should be made?

Do not change the rules.
54.37%
Restrict the use of the Libra Wheel + Metal Face and any 145 Track except DF145 and 145 in combos.
26.21%
Ban the Libra Wheel entirely.
19.42%
Total: 100% 103 vote(s)
I agree the main selling point for 5-12 year old children is aesthetics. They will buy whatever they think looks coolest. The anime will also help drive the sales of Dark Bull, Wolf and Storm Pegasis. So the kids that you mention kouri are unlikely to purchase a circular Beyblade, that is not in the anime, and the newer version is not in the anime.

(brad can correct me if I'm wrong as he knows much more on the subject than I do)
You guys are starting to deter away from the topic at hand.
i think it might be because we discussed all there is to discuss about this topic now >_>
(Dec. 24, 2009  6:36 PM)HEARTof4Lion Wrote: i think it might be because we discussed all there is to discuss about this topic now >_>

Then don't post.
then maybe it should be closed? I mean until the comitee come to a decision
(Dec. 24, 2009  7:56 PM)BLaDeZ Wrote: then maybe it should be closed? I mean until the comitee come to a decision

Ugh or you could just not post if you have nothing to add? Just because you can't think of anything doesn't mean nobody else can.
it was an alternative to irrelevant posts gosh
I definitely would not support the first option, which is to leave everything as is. There is no way we can continue without doing anything about 'Libra's dominance'... It's really ruining the game. Completely banning Libra is what we should do, for now. It would open up a lot of options for players. A variation of combos would be used, instead of the usual MF Libra C145WB, Virgo DF145SD, etc. The game would be much more balanced and interesting. It also won't be as predictable (as it tends to be now).

Of course it does sort of suck because a lot of people already have Libra - but as already mentioned, this ban will only affect official WBO ranked battles. Libra can be used otherwise.

Overall, banning Libra will really help to revive competitive MFB gameplay. If other parts are introduced in the future that can effectively counter and limit the use of Libra, then we can always lift the ban on Libra.

(By the way, I'm always open to 'Option 2'.)
I kind of want to change option 2 to banning Libra + Metal Face and any 135-145 track. Leaving it open to D125 and lower.

Looking at combo's in Japan more, Libra is being used as a Heavy Smash attack combo which really interests me. I doubt I'd use it with MF Lightning CH120RF/WF/F in my current arsenal, but I have noticed some players using Libra 105F as a combo. I doubt use like that could really break a wheel. If Takara Tomy seems to be fine with it, I don't see how it's a bad thing to allow. Banning is a simple solution for sure, but I still would like to avoid it, moreso on a purely, it seems interesting level.
Earth Aquila un-customized kicked MF LibraC145WB's butt, so I don't really mind what goes on now anymore Tongue_out
(Dec. 25, 2009  11:33 AM)Ash Wrote: Earth Aquila un-customized kicked MF LibraC145WB's butt, so I don't really mind what goes on now anymore Tongue_out

Because Earth Aquila is a Stamina type. It perpetuates the whole Triangle deal we are trying to eliminate in this game.
(Dec. 25, 2009  11:33 AM)Ash Wrote: Earth Aquila un-customized kicked MF LibraC145WB's butt, so I don't really mind what goes on now anymore Tongue_out

That is the whole point of this thread: to stop the triangle.
I agree with aqua i think.Well until there comes a new beyblade costumization that dominates.Just to get it out of people's heads.
Tomy doesn't plan on making any other beys that can fall into that weight class again... or at least i dont think. i think that Brad knows more about that issue.
(Dec. 26, 2009  3:35 AM)HEARTof4Lion Wrote: Tomy doesn't plan on making any other beys that can fall into that weight class again... or at least i dont think. i think that Brad knows more about that issue.

Like I said, I think it's clear Tomy regrets releasing Libra at all. Metal Face is allowed to be used with every Beyblade except Libra ... it is there to make them heavy enough to fight Libra.
yeah you're right brad.But they aren't strong enough right?
(Dec. 27, 2009  12:44 AM)BlueTsunami Wrote: yeah you're right brad.But they aren't strong enough right?

It really depends on the meaning of "strong enough". There are multiple ways to beat Libra, but the entire game revolves around beating Libra right now ...
TT didn't ban Libra, just set a weight limit right?

what if we made a weight limit too
isnt that what the second option does by stopping using heavier 145 tracks and the metal face on libra?
(Dec. 27, 2009  1:57 PM)Takao Kinomiya Wrote: TT didn't ban Libra, just set a weight limit right?

what if we made a weight limit too

Takara Tomy specifically banned the use of Libra + Metal face
(Dec. 27, 2009  2:37 PM)Benkei Wrote: Takara Tomy specifically banned the use of Libra + Metal face

They also incorporated a weight limit. That isn't off the table here, either.
I just read through an old thread about libra, and i'm pretty suprosed to see similiar points where taken in different directions. Similar things where token to be saying that MFB was actually balanced, unlike what is being said here.

I guess what happened is that it seemed fair back when only some people used it... then it took off, and we kinda ruined the metagame...

Ironic, isn't it?
Yeah, on the libra thread they said MFB is extremely balanced. It IS ironic.
(Dec. 28, 2009  1:43 AM)Driger Tooth Wrote: Yeah, on the libra thread they said MFB is extremely balanced. It IS ironic.

There is a difference between "balanced" and "rock paper scissors". Rock paper scissors is certainly a "balanced" game in a very specific sense but when you stand back you realize that rock has no applications other than defeating scissors, etc. Beyblade should not be like that.