Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Re: Libra]

Poll: What changes do you think should be made?

Do not change the rules.
54.37%
Restrict the use of the Libra Wheel + Metal Face and any 145 Track except DF145 and 145 in combos.
26.21%
Ban the Libra Wheel entirely.
19.42%
Total: 100% 103 vote(s)
I am sorry. I went to the bathroom and my annoying little brother voted FOR ME because he uses libra to beat me all the time! Just ban it, It will make it less boring and like HMS, there will not be only 1 combo to use for defence. Plus it will open up new combos for all types. (although, I just ordered all parts to build Libra CH120RF, but whatever.)
This is my opinion:

A non balanced meta game made BeyBlade more boring, and less creative.
Libra have an high win ratio 3 type of BeyBlade(Total type of BeyBlade is 4!)
Libra have an High win ratio in:
Endurance, Defence and Combo

Libra create a static meta game.
In my opinon is more fun a metagame with more creativity.
A think the user should express their immagination and creativiti to bulid a lot of new and original combo to win a BeyBlade game.
If there are to many player who use Libra i think BeyBlade lose a bit of creativity and immagination.

If we ban libra:
-Takara and other BeyBlade factory lost receipts
-The user how have already buy libra can't use it. A think it's not good if i spend mony in one thing and i can't use it.
-New newbye don't know all WBO rules. The NewBye who buy one single Bey:libra i think became very sad if he discover he can't play this bey.

If we limit libra:
-We create a more various metagame with more fun, and more creativity.

if BeyBlade is more personalizable, more creative, and less static it can attract more user.

I think:
The people(the most, not all) have vote to non ban Libra have a Libra combo(and it still wins) or don't have play any competitive WBO tournament in their life.

By The Way: sorry for my horrid english XD
i agree ban it, its not like we can't still use it in our own private battles. plus like everyone's been saying, therell be more customization possibilities and i for one am very interested in seeing all the new types of combos people come up with :]
edit: actually lemme change that.. id prefer to restrict the libra wheel, i dont own one but itd be cool to find out if it had other uses.
Just because Libra is banned from competitive play doesn't mean you can't use it for fun.
asafarakaratara: You raise some good, well-thought out points. Of course, there are consequences outside of the metagame if Libra was to be banned, such as the financial ones you have outlined. However, I see them, specifically "users who already own Libra facing difficulty", as certain inevitabilities. I personally have 5 Libra Wheels; I see this proposal as an essential step in diversifying the game - as you said yourself, to make the metagame more "creative". It's not nice to have something and not be able to use it, that is correct, but I think many other users with just as many, if not more Libras can testify that they would prefer to see this change.

(Dec. 23, 2009  10:00 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I own like ten Libra. Imagine how I feel Grin

I think it is the users responsibility to check various threads on the WBO before making purchases, anyway. Nothing unfortunately can be done about new players hastily buying Libra ...

Edit : Tempestas reminds me of another point ... There is nothing stopping you from using Libra at home. If you have access to tournaments, I should think you'd have access to purchasing alternative Beyblades at the events.

Finally, your point about the votes, I agree; unsurprisingly, "Do not change the rules" has the highest proportion of who I would consider "non-competitive" players.
Yes, we can still use it for fun and home made battle, but i think the most blader enjoy more fun when they play in a tournament.
I think restrict the Libra Wheel is better than ban it.
most have changed there mind like me and you would not be using libra a couple of days a year because theres not that many events and i doubt anyone will go to all of them.
i agree with tempest, i kinda voted without thinking it through >_>... pretty stupid of me. i wish there was a "change your mind" button on polls lol
We're more interested in the points raised for and against ... the voting will not be deciding the final verdict.
thats good then because i was debating buying libra or dark cancer and making my mind up on the final verdict
(Dec. 23, 2009  11:24 PM)♥ Wrote: We're more interested in the points raised for and against ... the voting will not be deciding the final verdict.

oh alright thats good to know.
im gunna say ban libra,

i can see the point of resticting it or parts with it but... (horrible yugioh comparison coming) similar 2 lightsworns and blackwings in yugioh being limited or banned doesnt stop them from still being the best meta decks around and therefore winning all the tournys they r used in or even in friendly play, this therefore causes repetiveness and boring plays as well as copycating with no really original decks, with libra being so dominant in the current metagame it is pretty similar, there is very little originality 2 combos being used, having seeing leedraciels pieses combo it shows creative and orifinal thinking 4 the stamina types, but also attack combos can use other parts 2 shake things up wen it comes 2 countering other combos, plus other wheels like libra and burn wen it arrives will b able 2 give us some other interesting combos.

we also still hav wheels like earth and flame that are still really useful parts and poss more lightning, or pre hws wheel useage

i would like 2 see more blades hav a looks that says "yeah im using this so wat u gunna do bout it?", giving more 2 ur own "style"

that and wen something does finally trump libra then bring it back
(Dec. 23, 2009  9:40 PM)Crimson Wrote: Bladez, This seriously needs to stop.
You keep repeating your argument that you don't want Libra banned, and none of the reasons are quite adequate enough.

You want to continue the Rock-Paper-Scissors gameplay because "It's all about using the right combo at the right time", but that has become stale and has turned many long time fans off of the hobby.

You think that if Libra is banned, then Stamina and Attack will dominate. This is not necessarily true. Due to the inconsistency of RF, not as many people use it.
This makes F, HF and WF viable options of attack combos. And just ask people who have these bottoms, Defensive combos that DON'T use Libra are still capable of taking hits and surviving.
Just because we can't use Libra doesn't mean Defense is dead, it's still very possible to make effective defense combos that work well.

You've made it clear from other posts on this forum that you don't have a large amount of beyblade knowledge, you post information that isn't useful whatsoever. You admitted that you don't have Libra yet, which makes it clear you don't understand what the deal about it is. All you know is that you bought a part that's really good, and now there's a risk of you not being able to use it competitively, and that makes you mad.
News flash, you can still use Libra when playing around for fun ,but in serious competition, we don't want this game breaking part to be used.

Stop trying to cause a fuss because of things you have no idea about.
MFB really needs this ban to revive the competitive scene, and your arguing is really getting annoying.

after stating this about 900 times can you please stop treating me like I don't know anything.

And I am not posting to start any more trouble, but I actually admitted to your counter-arguments winning.

In that post I had no debate, I was solely quoting what giga said and said I'm extremely sorry for starting an argument, i would appreciate a simple "apology accepted."

Real reason for post
I am starting to see the reason for why Libra should be banned or restricted, but restricting it makes things complicating

Either keep libra or ban it, no restrictions imo.
in kinda curious as to what hasbro will do about libra maybe they just wont realse it
(Dec. 24, 2009  2:57 AM)Dirge Wrote: in kinda curious as to what hasbro will do about libra maybe they just wont realse it

the competitive metagame of beyblade has always been hasbro's #1 priority.
i feel retarded so, i guess ban it.
What is this combo that is so "unbeatable" (I mean like Libra 145...)

An I agree with brad to outright ban it instead of mucking around and going nowhere- most likely in the future more MFBs will come out to balance the game but untill then I believe it should be banned
(Dec. 24, 2009  2:59 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: the competitive metagame of beyblade has always been hasbro's #1 priority.

is that sarcamsim lol?
(Dec. 24, 2009  9:21 AM)Dirge Wrote: is that sarcamsim lol?

Yes. Hasbro have never showed any real interest in the actual game, and their tournaments were pretty much a total joke.
Hasbro care more about the money than beyblades imo
(Dec. 24, 2009  12:01 PM)theflightyellz Wrote: Yes. Hasbro have never showed any real interest in the actual game, and their tournaments were pretty much a total joke.

ahhh thats what i was thinking,im not good at telling sarcasim over the internet.

the main thing im worried about with the ban is,if MFB becomes like it did with plastics then alot of kids might end up only getting 1 bey and only have that one for quite sometime and if they get libra they wont be able to compete here ):
(Dec. 24, 2009  12:27 PM)Dirge Wrote: the main thing im worried about with the ban is,if MFB becomes like it did with plastics then alot of kids might end up only getting 1 bey and only have that one for quite sometime and if they get libra they wont be able to compete here ):

I somehow doubt that many kids who only get the one blade will spontaneously try to find a WBO tournament in the first place. If any, they'll probably just stick to local Hasbro tourneys without such restriction.
Kouri, Hasbro may follow Takara-Tomy's footsteps.
(Dec. 24, 2009  4:44 PM)Kouri Wrote: I somehow doubt that many kids who only get the one blade will spontaneously try to find a WBO tournament in the first place. If any, they'll probably just stick to local Hasbro tourneys without such restriction.

As someone in the thread mentioned, that person can just buy/borrow a blade if he had no prior knowledge that Libra was banned. It's highly unlikely that a person who wants to compete to somehow just own Libra. It's just a big what if.
Actually guys most people when hasbro release beys will buy S.PEg first only because that is the main blade in the anime and was very popular when released by TT so hasbro would look what sold the most adn advertise those beys i guess. People when they see on adverts about MFB will just get the ones on the advert that looks the best.