Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Re: Libra]

Poll: What changes do you think should be made?

Do not change the rules.
54.37%
Restrict the use of the Libra Wheel + Metal Face and any 145 Track except DF145 and 145 in combos.
26.21%
Ban the Libra Wheel entirely.
19.42%
Total: 100% 103 vote(s)
Also remember that this was very early into the game. How where we supposed to know that no new parts would be released in Libra's weight class? If stronger offensive wheels (or maybe a better ridge on the stadium than a ramp) and better defensive parts were released, you'd see a rather balanced game, but it would lack the whole "rock-paper-scissors" feel.
...wow,I have been gone a long time,haven't I?

Back on topic,I'd prefer a metagame without an extremely dominant part (I.E.:Libra Wheel),but at the same time,I don't want to have it taken from those who want to use it.

Therefore,I think the best option is to simply restrict Libra customs.
(Dec. 28, 2009  2:08 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: There is a difference between "balanced" and "rock paper scissors". Rock paper scissors is certainly a "balanced" game in a very specific sense but when you stand back you realize that rock has no applications other than defeating scissors, etc. Beyblade should not be like that.

yes but wont it still go attack>defence>stamina?
(Dec. 29, 2009  3:45 PM)Takao Kinomiya Wrote: yes but wont it still go attack>defence>stamina?

Generally yes. In my typing video I wrote that type-countering is an advantage, but not a guarantee. Currently though, it is pretty much a guarantee. Removing Libra adds more variables.
If Libra is banned OR restricted, will this mean the ban of Libra CH120RF?
ban means everything to do with libra not allowed, ristricted is libra alowed with all the parts on the poll.
(Dec. 30, 2009  8:52 PM)Takao Kinomiya Wrote: If Libra is banned OR restricted, will this mean the ban of Libra CH120RF?

... are you really asking if Libra is banned, will you be able to build this combo that uses Libra ...

really.
Restricted no and Ban...

well I think you should know that
(Dec. 30, 2009  8:52 PM)Takao Kinomiya Wrote: If Libra is banned OR restricted, will this mean the ban of Libra CH120RF?

smart one...

Question: "if libra is banned can I still use libra?"
Answer: "NO!"
Just another suggestion as long as we're pushing for more competitive meta: Ban every BeyStadium from Standard except Attack and Balance. All the others are too broken.
what about the extreme beystadium? ;o that looked like a fun play
(Dec. 31, 2009  7:22 PM)HEARTof4Lion Wrote: what about the extreme beystadium? ;o that looked like a fun play

Fun? Yes. Competitive? No.
haha alright
yeah I guess The others I not much a fan of and aren't very good such as the STamina Stadium
(Dec. 31, 2009  3:13 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Just another suggestion as long as we're pushing for more competitive meta: Ban every BeyStadium from Standard except Attack and Balance. All the others are too broken.

i don't like the idea of banning stadiums, if you intend to play competitive you should have more then one blade made for a different style of stadium. if you don't it sucks to be you.
lol yeah but some stadiums like the super attack stadium is ridiculous...
(Jan. 01, 2010  6:44 AM)HEARTof4Lion Wrote: lol yeah but some stadiums like the super attack stadium is ridiculous...

i don't think i've seen that one... off to Google.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89NXxseeHIc its horrific IMO....
(Jan. 01, 2010  6:42 AM)Cyberloard Wrote: i don't like the idea of banning stadiums, if you intend to play competitive you should have more then one blade made for a different style of stadium. if you don't it sucks to be you.

Have you used all these stadiums?
(Jan. 01, 2010  7:08 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Have you used all these stadiums?

not yet, ok maybe some are rather ridiculous to use but to ban all expect two is..[i have no word for it]
(Jan. 01, 2010  7:07 AM)HEARTof4Lion Wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89NXxseeHIc its horrific IMO....

hmm ya seems pretty bad, i wounder the sliding shoot launching technique makes a flower like pattern right, i wonder how it would fair.
Perhaps you should let those who have actually used them decide those things.
I agree on the ban of all stadiums except balance and attack. The others are far to biased to be used competatively. I say, to keep it even cleaner, why not ban Balance aswell?
I don't see Balance as broken tbh.
I think Balance is fine too... but i agree that you should include the ban of all other stadiums