[Carmel, IN, USA] 11/29/2013 - Happy Turkey Bey!

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Happy Turkey Bey!

Hey guys! Welcome to the thread for Indiana's first ever official WBO tournament! Grin It's gonna be cold, so bring your coats and gloves! Remember the 5 dollar entrance fee! It would be a shame to turn anyone away after they arrived.

Well, here we go!

Date: November 29th 2013

Time: Registration starts at 12:00 P.M., Tournament begins at 1:00 P.M.

Location: Founders Park, 11675 Hazel Dell Parkway Carmel, IN, USA, 46033

We have a shelter at the park. It's public, so we may not be the only people there, but with a small turn out we'll have plenty of room. The shelter is visible from the parking lot, so you shouldn't have a problem finding it. We'll have at least 2 adults there.

Format: BB-10

Prizes: TBD

Confirmed:

1. theblackdragon
2. TigeroftheWest
3. Shining God MS
4. Shiny's friend
5. Peregrine
6. Tri
7. Daddy Dragon
8. TMNT Isaac

Maybes:

See you all there! Happy Turkey Bey!

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

That stinks. Unhappy You can't come, or neither of you can come?
Neither of us can go our family wants to go to black friday
This is going to be round robin right? I want as many matches as possible if I go Smile.
Tri, the format is set based on how many people show up. 8-12 full round robin. 12-24 block round robin max 6 bladers per block, minimum 3 blocks.
Me and my cousin are confirmed Smile.

EDIT, my cousin isn't participating. He's just going for the fun of battling everyone. Would he still have to pay the $5 entry fee?
(Nov. 28, 2013  1:13 AM)Tri Wrote: Me and my cousin are confirmed Smile.

EDIT, my cousin isn't participating. He's just going for the fun of battling everyone. Would he still have to pay the $5 entry fee?

I'm so happy for you man! It's your first tournament! Good luck!

Good luck to everyone out there as well! Hopefully this tournament can trigger a few more Indiana events!
(Nov. 27, 2013  5:12 PM)theblackdragon Wrote: Alright guys... you all just got lucky!

Who wants a Bandid Genbull (used with a crazy awesome orange F230 and a brand new TB) for 25 bucks?

That's right... I said 25 bucks. Wink

I'm Crying Right Now Unhappy I Could Of Possibly Got Genbull Unhappy I Would Of Literally Handed You Like $50-60 Unhappy
It is decided. Me and Tri will fight over who wants Genbull. I is are will put ninja move Serious See you all tomorrow!
Deal Shining God MS! XD!

Anyways I have a few questions:

Would everyone be fine with me recording the event and have it put on the BeyChannel? I ask because I dont want to put you guys on camera if you don't want to. Also how many stadiums will there be? I have one I can bring. Lastly, who all is judging? I can judge I believe.
Hooray Tri! Grin Sure your cousin can show up just to play. He doesn't have to compete. If it's a question of whether or not he can pay the entry fee, I can paypal the committee an extra 5 bucks and he could play for free.

Looks like my cousin can't make it. He has something going on. :\ Well, that gives us a total of 9 people with all the maybes eliminated (with my dad to play as backup if 2 people can't come). That's actually pretty darn good for a regions first event ever!
1. I'm fine with it. I wanna be famous XP
2. At least 6 stadiums, 4 are mine
3. Probably 4 judges being me, you, theblackdragon and his bro
I'm already on film for multiple events, so it wouldn't hurt to tape this one. It would actually be great if someone else did it because my camera isn't the greatest. XD
I would like to know what kind of store is right by the park, so I can get cheaper beyblades and maybe a Genbu.
Shiny can only bring 2 people... apparently several parents don't realize what "confirmed" means.

We need 1 more person really, really fast.

EDIT: Alright, tournament's on, but we need 2 parents to play. Please, I'm begging 1 more kid to sign up. Unhappy
You can use your dad though XD
My cousin can then. I'll tell my aunt he needs to. I think he'd be more comfortable with me judging his matches, if that'd be okay.

My cousin is only 5 though and he won't understand the rules completely. That's why my aunt didn't want him to participate at first. He'd be really upset I think if he lost a match due to him not shooting at the correct time, touching the stadium, etc.
That's OK. We can cut him some slack from all the technicalities. Wink Everyone be nice to the 5 year old! He's saving our hides, LOL! Tongue_out
Can't believe the tournament is in a few hours, see y'all there!
Woah! I Just Realized It's Today! Good Luck To Everyone! Tri Better Place On His First Tournament Pinching_eyes_2
good luck everyone!
(Nov. 29, 2013  1:42 PM)MidnightLWBO Wrote: Woah! I Just Realized It's Today! Good Luck To Everyone! Tri Better Place On His First Tournament Pinching_eyes_2

I have to defend my home state Smile. Thanks!

I am so excited. I'll be heading up there very soon.
Good luck people.

Extra luck to you Tri and your cousin. Hope you both do well. If I came I'd just let him win me lol XD
And wut about me and theblackdragon? Serious I will represent Team renegades cuz I is are awesome.
This is Tri, but this is my cousins account so you can put his username in the brackets.