Dec

Bursting into Florida

Jacksonville, Florida
Curtis Lovelace Park
2905 Parental Home Rd
3:00 PM on 12/30/2016
Format
Burst

Most official Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
0 cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Get ready for Florida's first Beyblade tournament in Burst format!
Credits go to Brisk Aquario for the awesome banner

Host: The Supreme One
Prizes: To Be Announced
Time:
2:45-3:15 PM registration
Additional Information: While it would be appreciated if each player brought his or her own parts, feel free to let me know in advance if you won't have any on hand and I will supply additional Beyblades and launchers where needed. Any bladers caught using parts that have not been manufactured by Hasbro, Sonokong, or Takara Tomy or fail to otherwise follow official WBO ruling will be warned and given a replacement Beyblade at the host's discretion if they fail to procure a suitable alternative.

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Dec. 17, 2016  6:36 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: Hopefully you can make it! Where do you live? I'll probably host in Orlando over the summer when I have time to travel, and Brisk Aquario hosts in Miami.
Miami !!!! Lol
I am very sorry, but I don't think I can go to this, and even my account is in jeopardy. My parents told me I have to find more "age-appropriate hobbies like geography or science, so you can be popular."
How old r u
Wtf dude that's not old I'm 23 lmfao
(Dec. 20, 2016  11:28 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: I am very sorry, but I don't think I can go to this, and even my account is in jeopardy. My parents told me I have to find more "age-appropriate hobbies like geography or science, so you can be popular."

Try showing them the website and explaining that the hobby isn't for young children. I'm 20 years old and picked up Beyblade just before my 16th birthday. Please let them know that they're welcome to PM/email me with any questions or concerns they might have.
Ok, I will try to get them to do that. Thanks for the suggestions! Smile
(Dec. 21, 2016  1:18 AM)Suzaku-X Wrote: Ok, I will try to get them to do that. Thanks for the suggestions! Smile
Parents never support the hobby we like
(Dec. 21, 2016  1:35 AM)griffen Wrote: Parents never support the hobby we like

I know, right!?
That's so saddening to hear. Don't worry about that. :) Hobbies are hobbies and every one of them are different but in the end, they're just.. hobbies.
It's true that some parents dislike Beyblade, just because it's aimed towards younger children and simply just view it as "useless". However, if they just accept that you just like it, that's good. My mom fully supports me in it, however, with my dad, I don't utter a word about Beyblade to him. But lol, honestly, I don't care. Just do what you like, from your heart! Hobbies shape us, no matter what it is. @[The Supreme One], did your parents support you liking Beyblade or not?

So yeah, don't ya worry about that. :)
(Dec. 21, 2016  1:51 AM)Brisk AquarioHD Wrote: @[The Supreme One], did your parents support you liking Beyblade or not?

I don't think my parents are huge fans of the hobby, but at the end of the day, it's something that I invest time and money in and am passionate about, and nothing they say or do can change that. It wouldn't hurt to have a serious talk with them about what Beyblade means to you & how it isn't just a children's game. You're old enough to make these decisions for yourself in any case, Suzaku.
(Dec. 21, 2016  2:07 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: I don't think my parents are huge fans of the hobby, but at the end of the day, it's something that I invest time and money in and am passionate about, and nothing they say or do can change that. It wouldn't hurt to have a serious talk with them about what Beyblade means to you & how it isn't just a children's game. You're old enough to make these decisions for yourself in any case, Suzaku.

I get that, but I am not really taken seriously, and they keep blaming Beyblade for my lack of friends. Uncertain My only GOOD friends are in Beyblade! IDK on their logic.
I'm 23 & have been beyblading since the original plastic beyblades were released in the USA, my family thinks most of my hobbies are pointless but it doesn't bother me as my family know I have friends that like some of the hobbies I like.
Hi all,

With just over a week until our big tournament, I would really appreciate it if you could confirm your attendance using the Join Tournament button at the top of this thread. Keep in mind that Bursting into Florida will be in Burst format but NOT deck format and that participation will be free, in addition to giving you several 8th anniversary scavenger hunt points! If I can accommodate you in any way, be it providing spare parts/equipment or getting in touch with a chaperone, please let me know–the more players we have, the better!
I am still able to go most likely.
Maybe I am most likely to go. I mean, it's no problem for me being active and go around places.
Also, I may need to borrow a launcher grip and beylauncher as mine as starting to have gear grinding problems so they have a lot less power, just a heads up.
(Dec. 28, 2016  11:08 PM)Deathscyther04 Wrote: Also, I may need to borrow a launcher grip and beylauncher as mine as starting to have gear grinding problems so they have a lot less power, just a heads up.

I don't have an extra launcher grip, but I can lend you a string launcher if that's okay Smile
(Dec. 29, 2016  3:08 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: I don't have an extra launcher grip, but I can lend you a string launcher if that's okay :)

Yes, that works, I have two launcher grips still, tomorrow is going to be awesome.
(Dec. 29, 2016  7:09 PM)GemiosForever Wrote: What do we win

If at least 8 players show up, I'll have prizes for first, second, and third place Smile
We just need one more person then I'm guessing?
(Dec. 29, 2016  7:39 PM)Deathscyther04 Wrote: We just need one more person then I'm guessing?

Looks like it! If we can't get the 8th, the event will be in club format and I may have a small prize for first.