Burst rankings live! + New Committee members and F230CF/GCF ban

Hey World Bladers!

We’re happy to announce that we’ve begun ranking tournaments for Beyblade Burst! As you all know, we started running ranked Beyblade Burst tournaments last year, but as of yet have not actually processed those rankings and put them live on the site. (Also, we ran into a show-stopping bug recently that delayed the launch of this even longer. Oops.)

That means that we have a huge backlog of tournaments to work through, but rest assured we’re going to get through all of them. For those of you who’ve battled in Burst tournaments already, please look forward to seeing your rank soon — I know I am, as well. Smile

Going to the Rankings section of the site will now default to Burst Rankings, but of course there is still an option to view rankings for Metal Fight Beyblade, and we’ll continue to host and process tournaments hosted in MFB formats.

With the introduction of Burst rankings, we’re taking an important — and frankly, overdue! — step into the future of the WBO. But it’s not the only step we're taking.

[Image: CjjORn0.jpg]

Some of you might have noticed that we’ve started using Instagram (follow us at instagram.com/worldbeyblade!). Additionally, we’re making more efforts to be active on Facebook and Twitter, and expand to other social networks where we can reach new Bladers!

To spearhead that effort, we’re happy to welcome @[cadney] to the WBO Committee. She’s a relatively new Blader, but her passion for the game and the community we’ve built here, along with her years of both personal and professional experience in community management, social media, and communications make her the perfect fit for the role.

But cadney isn’t the only Blader we’re adding to the Committee; prolific tournament host and general all-around-awesome member @[Angry Face] is also joining us! His role is a bit less clearly defined, but considering his experience with graphic design and the competitive Beyblade scene, we’re sure to find plenty for him to do Smile

Please join me in welcoming our two newest Committee members, and look forward to their contributions!
[Image: WBO_Zero_G_Beyblade_F230_CF_F230_GCF.jpg]

Finally, after almost a year in effect, the F230CF/GCF Trial Ban in the Zero-G Format has come to an end. But, what's the final verdict? Are we waving goodbye to the troublesome duo or are we giving them a probably not-so-warm welcome back?

If you played in any of the 10 events throughout the Trial Ban, you probably noticed how much fun the events were; no Blader ran the risk of being caught in F230CF/GCF's trap! While yes, they are indeed beatable, they are still — to this day — one of the most versatile setups to enter the game. With opinions from both the WBO staff and from you, the Blader community, we've come to the conclusion of keeping the F230CF and F230GCF duo banned! They will continue to be considered illegal in Zero-G Format Tournament play.

The decision may be final, but we're still super curious to hear your thoughts! If you have feedback on the ban, please post it here:

F230CF & F230GCF Trial Ban in Zero-G Format Discussion
Glad to see Angry Face on the committee. He truly deserves it. Also finally glad to see F230 is banned. Man i abused that thing so much hah.
Thanks for the news, Brad!

Welcome to the Commitee @[cadney] and @[Angry Face]! So glad to have you guys on it Smile

So glad to see F230 GCF/CF finally banned! Don't know what else to say about this except that I am excited, haha.

Thank you to everybody who worked on the Burst system for finally getting it up! :!
Welcome and Congrats to the Commitee cadney and Angry Face!

Thanks you for news Bey Brad

I haven't tried Zero-G but thinking of keeping a zero-g format in july. Thanks for saving us from F230 spam lol
Very exciting news! Glad Angry Face is part of the committee, he deserves it.
Ayy Angry! Let's go! And I'm super glad the Burst rankings are being put into effect. Guess I'll just have to wait for NC though.
Been waiting eagerly for this. Can the beypoints queue be updated now (uk tourneys were processed but there was no post saying which like there usually is)? Another thing i'm glad for is the MFB rankings will be less relevant now since people who have left have been allowed to sit there at the top even though they've been gone for years.
The Beypoint Queue is indeed updated, in the first post of that topic.
(May. 01, 2016  6:23 PM)Ultra Wrote: Been waiting eagerly for this. Can the beypoints queue be updated now (uk tourneys were processed but there was no post saying which like there usually is)? Another thing i'm glad for is the MFB rankings will be less relevant now since people who have left have been allowed to sit there at the top even though they've been gone for years.

This is a separate issue that we hope to address in a future update.
Also just wanted to point out Geetster99 has less points then Mitsu but he's above him in ranks.
(May. 01, 2016  6:43 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: Also just wanted to point out Geetster99 has less points then Mitsu but he's above him in ranks.

How it works is that we process matches and then we "sync" everything afterwards, so this could be an issue related to that. However if this doesn't go away we'll look into it.
(May. 01, 2016  6:42 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(May. 01, 2016  6:23 PM)Ultra Wrote: Been waiting eagerly for this. Can the beypoints queue be updated now (uk tourneys were processed but there was no post saying which like there usually is)? Another thing i'm glad for is the MFB rankings will be less relevant now since people who have left have been allowed to sit there at the top even though they've been gone for years.

This is a separate issue that we hope to address in a future update.

Glad to hear it.
Cool to see the focus being shifted to Burst, so when it reaches the West it will hit the ground running. Can't say I'm for the ban, especially considering that Burst is the main format now, but it's good some type of decision was finally made.

Congrats to Angry Face, too!
Hey guys, I noticed the sort of one-sided congratulations to Angry Face particularly, which he definitely deserves, but cadney does too hah.

Hopefully I am not going ahead of issues no one had, but I know it may seem weird for cadney to be added out of nowhere, when she has not been here or playing Beyblade for a while. This is totally true, but she is very interested in it and she was quite simply the only person we saw who had the necessary competence in social media to help us, as the announcement explains. If we had seen the same potential in another person, we could have considered them too, but no one did. So far, with the work we allowed her to do in the background secretly leading up to the public announcement of her promotion, she has definitely straightened up our social media pages and has proven to be a great asset.

She should become more active in the next few days, however the work done behind the scene is looking promising and I hope you guys can fully appreciate how our actions, even the announcement above, is the work of the whole team, not just the one person who posted it or who seems to be presenting it.

We really need to capitalise on social media because there are only a handful of places we can advertise and attract new members on besides that, and we have been rather deficient in that aspect in the past.

With that said, my inbox is always open to all sorts of comments and I can even share my email address if you want to take a matter away from this site.
Congrats to Angry and cadney, you both deserve it! Also glad to see the ban to be set in stone, and I am sure I am not the only one super excited to see Burst rankings up. Thanks to everyone on staff!
Agreed Kai-V.

Congratulations to the both of you, very well deserved! Excited to work alongside you guys Smile
(May. 01, 2016  6:44 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(May. 01, 2016  6:43 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: Also just wanted to point out Geetster99 has less points then Mitsu but he's above him in ranks.

How it works is that we process matches and then we "sync" everything afterwards, so this could be an issue related to that. However if this doesn't go away we'll look into it.

Balance Blader seems to be the same where his points should put him at rank 32 yet he's rank 61. Also now Geetster99 should be 2nd but he's 4th even though the two members ahead of him have less beypoints.
To say that I'm a fan of where I've landed in the Burst rankings at the moment would be an understatement. Big congrats to my boy Angry and cadney as well. Oooo, oooo, does this mean I get a platinum face?

edit: Will the battle data section in our profiles be updated to include our burst data as well at some point?

A total win percentage across formats/total beypoints would be great additions. A third ranking simply summing the two together probably wouldn't even be that difficult to code, no?
Kai-V's response to me asking about the platinum face distribution for burst:
(May. 01, 2016  5:45 PM)Kai-V Wrote: We are simply going to wait after a few rounds of tournaments have been processed before distributing it, just to be fair to everyone and as soon as winning one event completely does not bring you in the top of the ranking automatically.

Considering how many events I have processed so far though, I could probably start now hah.
Congrats to the new committee members, especially Angry Face! Your hard work this past year has definitely stood out Smile The new Burst ranking are pretty exciting to see too, even though I don't have one yet. Definitely going to make more of an effort to get an active tournament scene going in Richmond, once I'm back on campus.
(May. 02, 2016  12:33 AM)Ultra Wrote:
(May. 01, 2016  6:44 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:

Balance Blader seems to be the same where his points should put him at rank 32 yet he's rank 61. Also now Geetster99 should be 2nd but he's 4th even though the two members ahead of him have less beypoints.

As I wrote in the post you quoted, it's because matches are processed and then rankings are manually synced. It looks fine right now.
Hi, had a big day at the WBOxZANKYE event! Just got home to see this all!

Super excited to work Angry Face and cadney! You guys are both super amazing members and definitely have changed the community as it is today. Welcome to the team, both of you!

The BeyPoints system update is super awesome, I'm definitely glad to see it up and running. Same goes for the F230 ban. Hella glad the thing is out of sight. Tongue_out
Many congratulations to Angry Face! And thank you very much to the WBO Committee for having me on board.

I've been having a wonderful time using my personal and professional social media and community management experience to secretly aid the WBO's online initiatives over the past couple weeks. A lot of the work I've been doing has been similar to how I operated at the digital media company I used to work at: Innovate By Day. I also think my online promotion and event management experience in the Japanese Fashion scene will aid me well as I work for the WBO! I'm getting hype to kick it into high gear for some fun social media campaigns we have planned for the near future. I hope you'll all be excited to participate and help put the WBO on the social media map, too!

This kind of online marketing and engagement is actually what I want to make my entire career out of, so it's incredible to be given the opportunity to do this kind of work in my personal time with Beyblade, a competitive game I've been heavily getting into over the past several months and truly do love. I promise I will do my very best work.

Though I am a relatively new Blader, the Beyblade Burst tournaments I've had a chance to participate in so far have all been an absolute blast! I love the thrill of trying to capture footage of Toronto events while simultaneously competing in them. I feel so at home within the Beyblade community; moreso than in most other volunteer-run communities I've worked with in the past. Thank you all so much for taking me in as one of your own. It means a great deal to me. ♡
Woo! Congratulations to our new committee members! We need someone who has a deep, grounded understanding of community management, and Cadney was definitely the right choice for that! Angry Face himself is self explanatory, with all of the contributions he's made over the years.

It's great to see that the WBO is taking steps towards the future for the development and preparation for the future, haha.
Thanks much, cadney, especially for all that you've done for us on social media, and congrats yourself!

And many thanks for the warm wishes as well, everyone. Can't wait to get started on some more awesome projects for the WBO in this new chapter. Smile