Burst GT Format (BGT) Experimental Period Announcement and Discussion

Before anything this is quite,literally THE EXPERIMENTAL STAGE. Experiment with things. See if they’re a problem or not.

My 2 Cents on all this Stuff:

-First off just to get this outta the way, ban every chip sides Diabolos and Spriggan that has metal or rubber. Also ban metal chip cores.

-Curse: Great same spin. Good defense. Opposite spin I’m not too sure, Some say it could be a problem and others (like me) don’t. I’m unsure if it needs to be banned. This for me relies on its opposite spin. If it’s good in opposite spin, great in same spin, and is good for defense it’s a problem. But with the 5 bladed jagged design with the 5 somewhat flexible rings on each blade that literally decrease equalization I don’t see a problem. I simply see curse as a top tier defense/stamina hybrid that can still be beaten by raw attack types like judgement, still be outspun by the best stamina types, and is merely average in opposite spin.

-Abyss: I don’t have it so I can’t say as much. From what it seems it tanks judgement and can outspin tact. That’s a powerful combo, but how does it do against Zwei? How does it do against opposite spin? And could more than 1 or 2 people test this? Answer these questions and we’ll have a more firm grasp on this part

I do think overall GT is a very balanced system and especially with new parts. BUT, I do not want to make the same mistake as we have in limited for allowing layers like Geist Fafnir, Buster Xcaliber, and Artemis/apollos. We DO NOT want overpowered superking layers. Even if some see them as a problem or some don’t that doesn’t matter. We need to start at GT’s core. Ban all the superking bases and start there. As time goes on add things. Eventually this format can become ranked. Please, I literally beg, please don’t make the same mistake as limited. Ban what needs to be banned, but make sure it actually needs to be.
I think it’s ok if it’s just GT first. Super, King and Glide should stay for now since they have their flaws that isn’t so bad it’s like Little Mac but not too minor it’s like Pythra.
(Feb. 20, 2022  7:04 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Feb. 20, 2022  6:50 AM)Cindercast Wrote: I agree with you that Solomon, Lucifer, Hyperion2, and Helios2 should be removed so the weight isn't as impactful. Diabolos, Spriggan, and maybe Lucifer1 should be fine to stay. When it comes to Curse I understand how you feel with the possibility Judgement is the only prominent counter. Although as more testings happen I would hope that other attackers can outdo Curse. Vice versa. Hopefully it doesn't come to the point where Curse has to be banned since seeing actual defense could be pretty interesting.

I swear somewhere I heard that Glide would've been better If it didn't have that burst resistance issue. I forgot who said that but I guess that's added balance? Unless you run it on Ig' and try using it as a Cosmo substitute.

Please see what I said in my last post around the issue with having something that counters an attack type this well, and how that affects the risk vs reward of attack vs stamina, I think it'll make my reasoning clearer Smile

Glide seems mostly okay to me so far, it is kinda triangular haha. I want to play around with it more esp for stamina, but I am not overly concerned yet.

First part of my response didn't send for whatever reason Uncertain I'll type out what it said from my memory.

"Curse being able to counter the majority of Attackers with great success might or will cause a lot of LAD spam since the dominant Layer is LAD based. (I'm saying attack would be either too risky or pointless.) That's not ideal since the GT format should have a healthy and balanced meta. The last thing we need is Bearing and Drift to plague every combo."
Just to see some stuff here’s some tests

Curse vs Cosmo/Lord/Revive Pheonix (don’t have dead Pheonix) Same Spin

DB Power Launcher
Standard Stadium
Combos Balance Tuned
Launches alternated
Orbit/orbit metal drivers switched halfway through

Curse Ragnarok Blitz Orbit Metal/Orbit 1S vs Cosmo achilles Blitz Orbit/Metal Ten
Curse 8 OS
Cosmo 2 OS
Curse won by a second or 2 usually, and it won by destabilizing. Their stamina seemed equal but curse, no matter the launch order was able to hold the center and force Anubis under it at the end. I’d say if they were both on taller drivers like Ig’it’d be even. In this case curse won, and I think it is better overall given its better defense and burst resistance.

Curse Ragnarok Blitz Orbit Metal/Orbit 1S vs. Lord Joker Blitz Orbit/ OrbitMetal
Curse 2 OS
Lord 5 OS
1 Draw

…… My Ragnarok chip broke. One of the prongs fell off. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?!?!?
The battles individually were very close. Both beys destabilized one another, really depended on who got to the center first. Curse did get a couple recoil big hits off lord, but those usually put lord in the center and lord destabilized curse. There was clearly a winner though. This is a testament to how Curse is not OP enough to be banned. It’d got great same spin and defense sure, but it can still be beaten by top tier stamina and top tier attack. And it’s opposite spin I don’t think is good but hey, maybe I’m wrong.

Curse Satan Blitz Orbit Metal/Orbit 1S vs. Revive Pheonix Blitz Orbit/Orbit Metal
Curse 5 OS
Pheonix

Don’t judge me, but this is where I stopped. I didn’t want my satan chip to break either, and I also figured this wasn’t perfect pheonix. This was revive Pheonix there was no point to keep seeing Curse destroy it (by OS, not by Burst or anything if you thought I meant that.)

So it beat cosmo pretty much, it basically lost to lord and it beat revive. Not the absolute best same spin, but considering how close the battles were vs lord and its defensive capabilities, I’d say it’s good but definitely not good enough to be banned. If someone proves me wrong with its opposite spin then go ahead. I just don’t think curse has good opposite spin.
Curse Combos that could possibly be competitive if Superking doesn’t get banned
Curse Diabolos 00Wall Bearing’ 1S
Curse Diabolos 0Cross Orbit Metal 1S
Curse Spriggan 0Cross Xtend+ 1S
Curse Spriggan 0Cross Atomic 1S
I figured I’d ask this here since alot of the conversation has been drift, for you guys who can actually not get drift to sacrifice itself in same spin is your drift awakened or not? I’ve recently gotten the hang of controlling drift but now I look at it and it’s basically flat flat. As in like 90% of the way to an awakened mobius. So it’s really hard to control. For you guys who can control drift is it just practice because I’ve been practicing my butt off, or is it that your drift is not flat?
It’s a shame I can’t partake or place high(even if I’m American) as my judgement is fully worn, so my only right attack option is slash.(no good), and my best attack tip is technically destroy'.
So my best combo for each type for the format:
Attack: Slash Joker/Erase Longinus 00 (my frames are all worn sans Star) Jaggy/Spiral'/Destroy' Zan
Defense: Archer Hercules/Hell Salamander/Air Knight (???) Outer Atomic
Stamina: Archer Hercules/Hell Salamander/Air Knight (???) Outer Eternal/Bearing'
Balance: Erase Longinus 00 Destroy'/Zeta'(I know Zeta's bad, but I don’t have Trans/Xtend+)
Metal drivers are fine. Actually, the infinite lock Beys are immune to them basically.
(Feb. 21, 2022  10:15 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: It’s a shame I can’t partake or place high(even if I’m American) as my judgement is fully worn, so my only right attack option is slash.(no good), and my best attack tip is technically destroy'.
Attack: Slash Joker/Erase Longinus 00 (my frames are all worn sans Star) Jaggy/Spiral'/Destroy' Zan
Stamina: Archer Hercules/Hell Salamander/Air Knight (???) Outer Eternal/Bearing'
Balance: Erase Longinus 00 Destroy'/Zeta'(I know Zeta's bad, but I don’t have Trans/Xtend+)
Are my combos Garbo?
(Feb. 21, 2022  2:16 PM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote:
(Feb. 21, 2022  10:15 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: It’s a shame I can’t partake or place high(even if I’m American) as my judgement is fully worn, so my only right attack option is slash.(no good), and my best attack tip is technically destroy'.
Are my combos Garbo?
Use Diabolos1 for gt attack combo's
(Feb. 21, 2022  6:15 PM)SunBlader98 Wrote:
(Feb. 21, 2022  2:16 PM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: Are my combos Garbo?
Use Diabolos1 for gt attack combo's
It’s kinda hard to do that if you don’t have it. Plus as heavy as Diabolos 1 is, any tight chip with Goku is I think less than a gram heavier.
(Feb. 21, 2022  2:16 PM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote:
Are my combos Garbo?

For Attack and Balance, yes. Slash is too bursty to be good, Erase is just a terrible and ineffective shape, and Destroy' is the only tip you have for Attack that you mentioned that's even half good at the job.

For Defense and Stamina you're actually not doing so bad. aH/hS/aK are all fine layers, though it looks more like "same spin Stamina" and "opposite spin Stamina" here, since Defense doesn't really exist at that point of the game and is just a stamina subclass so same/opposite spin matters more.
(Feb. 21, 2022  7:00 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Feb. 21, 2022  6:15 PM)SunBlader98 Wrote: Use Diabolos1 for gt attack combo's
It’s kinda hard to do that if you don’t have it. Plus as heavy as Diabolos 1 is, any tight chip with Goku is I think less than a gram heavier.

he has erase so.....?
(Feb. 21, 2022  7:07 PM)SunBlader98 Wrote:
(Feb. 21, 2022  7:00 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: It’s kinda hard to do that if you don’t have it. Plus as heavy as Diabolos 1 is, any tight chip with Goku is I think less than a gram heavier.

he has erase so.....?
Ah, I forgot about that. Sorry 😅
I actually just remembered back a year ago I made a proposal for a format like this it was call Pre-Sparking Format glad to see this made
(Feb. 21, 2022  7:07 PM)SunBlader98 Wrote:
(Feb. 21, 2022  7:00 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: It’s kinda hard to do that if you don’t have it. Plus as heavy as Diabolos 1 is, any tight chip with Goku is I think less than a gram heavier.

he has erase so.....?
Yeah but my Diabolos 1’s teeth is nearly all gone to wear already….
(Feb. 22, 2022  12:38 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote:
(Feb. 21, 2022  7:07 PM)SunBlader98 Wrote: he has erase so.....?
Yeah but my Diabolos 1’s teeth is nearly all gone to wear already….
use a dash tip
(Feb. 21, 2022  7:01 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Feb. 21, 2022  2:16 PM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: Are my combos Garbo?

For Attack and Balance, yes. Slash is too bursty to be good, Erase is just a terrible and ineffective shape, and Destroy' is the only tip you have for Attack that you mentioned that's even half good at the job.

For Defense and Stamina you're actually not doing so bad. aH/hS/aK are all fine layers, though it looks more like "same spin Stamina" and "opposite spin Stamina" here, since Defense doesn't really exist at that point of the game and is just a stamina subclass so same/opposite spin matters more.
I guess that’s good, but Judgement and Zwei would nuke me (I only have 1 outer, from myth evo dragon), so my only othe option is 00 no frame as expand/Glaive are so worn they may slip off the fires discs to the extent that if I want to use a frame, I have to take something like Trick to lock them in place.

Also I realised something: I can’t even do an attack combo as I don’t have rubber driver (sans Unite', which isn’t meant for attack). I have a judgement but the Gatinko chip parts are so worn they just burst immediately when I try to put it together. Same with my Venom, and Zwei(which I trashed), hence I’m only left with Erase and Slash for GT stuff. 

Honestly, my balance combo should seriously just be any of my 3 Cho-Z Layers+00/0 on Unite'. And I could slap Mun on something if I had to since my only other option for defense is Atomic(no good).
(Feb. 21, 2022  6:59 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I figured I’d ask this here since alot of the conversation has been drift, for you guys who can actually not get drift to sacrifice itself in same spin is your drift awakened or not? I’ve recently gotten the hang of controlling drift but now I look at it and it’s basically flat flat. As in like 90% of the way to an awakened mobius. So it’s really hard to control. For you guys who can control drift is it just practice because I’ve been practicing my butt off, or is it that your drift is not flat?

You still usually can't launch full force but... Bank like hell.
(Feb. 22, 2022  7:55 AM)shrim Wrote: I personally think that superking layers and chassis shouldnt be allowed in the first place. No one really wanted it and GT already has a MYRIAD of good parts you can use. There isnt a point of including sparking layers and no one asked for it either(or a sparking format).
Only Judgement, Zwei, Lord, Tact, (to an extent) N****, Cosmo are good while the rest are …..
(Cries in Erase and Slash being my only available GT bases)
(Feb. 22, 2022  3:13 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Feb. 21, 2022  6:59 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I figured I’d ask this here since alot of the conversation has been drift, for you guys who can actually not get drift to sacrifice itself in same spin is your drift awakened or not? I’ve recently gotten the hang of controlling drift but now I look at it and it’s basically flat flat. As in like 90% of the way to an awakened mobius. So it’s really hard to control. For you guys who can control drift is it just practice because I’ve been practicing my butt off, or is it that your drift is not flat?

You still usually can't launch full force but... Bank like hell.
That’s what I’ve been doing. It works like half of the time and when it does I’d say it’s stamina is about equal to lord vanguard bearing, which I’ve been putting it up against. I guess I just need more practice.
Just for the memes, I put Geist on Zwei's stock to see how good it was for Attack.
I used normal LR Launchers (only 1 Power Gear, plus it can get faulty sometimes) in standard.
aK.Omega.Et it lost 2-0 to OS (originally gonna put it against aH but lets be honest, if it loses to aK it definitely cant beat aH)
it, however, decimated hS on the same combo (1 Burst, 1 OS)
Just to check of its really that good, I put against rage for fun and it lost ofc.
Wanted to share combo testing, so I used a random idea I had.
So I did some Curse testing, basically it can have LAD for days and completely remove the point of having dedicated Defense in the format by performing just as well, even without metal cores. It's obscene.

As for Death, I did a tonne of testing on it. IMO you can either have it or metal chips in the format, but not both, if you want it to be healthy.

Both of these are in the testing threads in the subforum.

I did consider removing 1s and maybe 4a as an option, but I don't think that's worth doing to super etc to keep these in the format and I'm not even convinced it works well enough for that. These things really just perform because they're from a later era and/or can get heavy.
Is mirage ok? It’s rather thin, so it’s not that overpowered for attack like Zwei, and becuz it’s so thin it can be countered by Zwei/Judgement.
(Feb. 24, 2022  2:03 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: Is mirage ok? It’s rather thin, so it’s not that overpowered for attack like Zwei, and becuz it’s so thin it can be countered by Zwei/Judgement.
Mirage is very thin and pretty horrible at defense. But I fear it’s rubber and shape may have too much stamina in combination with equalizing for GT to deal with