Building a Plastic Top Tier List!

I might test mine but i love that AR soo much. Uncertain
Agreed, i've found a decent shape bearing core ver 2 and it sucks in comparison.
Yeah even things like Bearing Grip Base should be legal with SG Normal Versions and whatnot.
It sucks anyways.
Why you no put CG (Free Shaft Ver.)
Light Sharp has little friction with stadium cause of material and has two bearings.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Simple logic.
The engine gear? Because as far as I know there's no good bases for it to go into. I've got most EG bases, and none of them have anything resembling decent life after death. Otherwise, That SG+ Metal Grip CEW would be a mad defense zombie thing.

I did mention it, but unless we find a good base for it, it'll never be top tier.

Light Sharp CEW could be cool, maybe, but I don't have one. Other CEW's would also need to be tested.
Dam, was thinking that....
But I was thinking pure survival, no zombie till later.
Wolborg 4 has the only good EG base.
Rock Bison is okay too I guess.
Well, try Dranzer GT's Middle Clutch, Draciel G's Final Clutch. They are circular. Also remove Zeus's Right casings and replace them with Dragoon GT's Left Casings (if it is legal and not dangerous to the bey)

Here's a trial combo

AR:Bearing Gyros
WD: Wide Survivor
SG casings Dragoon GT
SG Free Shaft Zeus
BB Dranzer GT
CEW Light Sharp
Yup 100% rarity
@ mc frown: neither have decent life after death, unless you also use wolborg 4's sg.

phoenix: casings of eg's can't be changed. It's been years since I saw my dranzer gt base but I doubt it's round enough. Iirc dranzer g's isn't either. I'll go thru some pics later today to try and find any suitable bases. Metal drigers has a little LAD, but not enough.
Draciel G has a pretty stupid BB and it isn't really round.
And I'm not talking strictly LAD just not sucking in general.

EDIT: you could probably do left spin Zeus with that stupid Roller Attack Ring Mod.
Oh, yeah, misread that, Draciel G's base just sucks all out. And has no LAD at all. I thought it might by looking at it too, it didn't.

You could, but no way in hell you'd do that mod, go to a tourney, and not be called out for illegal mods, even if it is "legal". I must get together all the stuff from plastics that's honestly about as legit as making your own AR. Or, find that rulebook that makes all that kinda stuff legal (because it probably was at one point, there's a book by Takara that encourages reversing the rubber of Storm Grip and fixing it in place somehow (hot glue or something I forget).

Hmm Hayate, Now I need tests. I have it (and hate it) it is 100% recoil. OHKO?
OHKO testing doesn't go here unless it's significant enough to warrant inclusion as a top-tier. Generally, OHKO combo's are just wannabe smash combo's trying to make up for having too much recoil. Plastics Parts Discussion might be a better thread for that kinda thing.
(Nov. 04, 2011  1:48 PM)th!nk Wrote: OHKO testing doesn't go here unless it's significant enough to warrant inclusion as a top-tier. Generally, OHKO combo's are just wannabe smash combo's trying to make up for having too much recoil. Plastics Parts Discussion might be a better thread for that kinda thing.

Whale Crusher is totally top tier in self-destructing on an Uriel 2 BB.

Just saying.
Bump Attack Ring breaks itself
So does Bound Attack Ring.
So, umm, for those of you who somehow missed me whoring this around, I may have just found a way to re-use uriel 2's insane-god-tip after the base inevitably explodes "all up in your grill", as the kids say.

Longwinded explanation while I was on a huge rush after working it out: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Plastic-...#pid832560

Post with Video: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Plastic-...#pid832650

Basically, you stick it in wolborg 2's casings and then into either a wolborg base or preferably burning cerberous' base. It fits like a glove in those casings.

If the committee say it's legal, considering it moves at the same speed and force as uriel 2's base itself, it'll probably be worth adding to a category or two.

To those of you with a better knowledge of history, has this been discovered before and dismissed or did people actually miss it until now?
I'm sure it's been done but I've never seen anything on it.
I can't see why it would be illegal, but rules surrounding plastics never seemed very cohesive.
Yeah, it's obvious enough and a noticeable enough issue that is should have been stumbled on before, but with the amount of complaints about it still around, even on beywiki itself, obviously not enough emphasis was put on it (and let's be honest, I think I've fixed that, ahah.)

Well, I've asked Kei for his thoughts but it fits so well, and a lot of the rules seem to be a rather literal interpretation of "If the shoe fits, wear it". Though, I wouldn't even say Wolborg 2's tip "fits" into Burning Kerberous' base or that more than a single pair of balls "fit" into Fortress base, definitely not as well as this fits anyway.
If unscrewing Metal Ball Base to insert an extra set of ball is legal
And using Roller Defense Ring to shoot in left spin is legal
And putting in Upper Attack SP upside down is legal
And using different SAR's is legal
Among other things. . .
this should (SHOULD) be okay
I'm still calling bull on the roller defense mod, ahah.

The last two are advertised features, and idk about the first.

The wolborg 2 Shaft in Customise Bearing Base, removing customise grip bases tip and using different sg's, and (I'm assuming it's legal, nothing says it isn't) using my particularly tight MWC to hold Volcano Change Bases lower half in place without the power of magnets, are all somewhat similar and totally legal.

But yeah, plastic rules were cool. Heck, at the beginning, takara's rules were "anything goes". I just hope the committee keeps that in mind when they look at this, because it'll be a disappointment for a few of us if it isn't legal.

Though I still call bull on placing silly numbers of bearings in fortress base, because you can do that with various bases and it's not legal on them.
Put a Metal Ball inside of HMC and cover it with a Bitchip (shh)
And Upper Attack SP only goes upside down with Heavy (maybe Balance?). That's about as sketch as this.
Ahahah, I hear Daegor got caught with hot glue in his HMC's gap, though that was a case of the previous owner having done that, and him being unaware.
Putting a metal ball in it is the kinda thing I pulled as a kid, ahahahah.

And balance is a touch too large, heavy is the only one that 'fits' per se, though why anyone would want to I don't know...
I think Twin Dragon should be tested more with Auto Change Base (Wyborg) they have possibilities. The base usually knocks out the opposing one.
Dual Dragon isn't that bad, but it's heavily outclassed by other parts (eight spiker, double wing and my personal favourite, g upper, and that's just the left spin parts). If you compare it to the good smash ar's, it's contact points are dull, meaning the impact is less concentrated, and probably also meaning more recoil .

Don't get me wrong, I like the AR (and dragoon f as a whole), but that AR just doesn't cut it when compared to the alternatives.

Wyborg's base is horrid. Recoily and poorly balanced and various other things.
(Nov. 08, 2011  2:32 PM)th!nk Wrote: Dual Dragon isn't that bad, but it's heavily outclassed by other parts (eight spiker, double wing and my personal favourite, g upper, and that's just the left spin parts). If you compare it to the good smash ar's, it's contact points are dull, meaning the impact is less concentrated, and probably also meaning more recoil .

Don't get me wrong, I like the AR (and dragoon f as a whole), but that AR just doesn't cut it when compared to the alternatives.

Wyborg's base is horrid. Recoily and poorly balanced and various other things.

I can second Dragoon F's AR being really bad. It does have quite a lot of recoil, to the point of being one of the first Beys that I ever saw consistently self-KO itself OUT of a Hasbro stadium.

Wyborg's base gets some blistering speed going, but it's still terrible, yes. And if you try to bank it, hilarious things happen.

You will not dissuade my love of Wyborg, leprechaun.