Building a Plastic Top Tier List!

Got my order from Dei today Cute

Aside from finally building the full Upper Attack Combo that Mc Frown posted (though I'm using triangle wing out of personal preference, and it is totally awesome), a couple of thoughts:

I see what has been said about driger V2's base being too calm. I suspect I faced a somewhat more worn one at my tournament, to be honest. I actually lack any really good SP-enabled attack bases, tbh, though I can put a wolborg 2 shaft into a Burning Kerberous Casing (though I'd debate the legality of this, as the tip must be placed in the shaft through the base of the BB, which to me seems ridiculous), and it is very aggressive, I haven't really tried it.

Other than that, I really like Survivor Ring, despite it not being the same symmetry as the rest of my zombie, it looks really good for LAD to me. And it seems to make upper attack a bit more awkward. Using Defense Ring on my defensive zombie, which is nice enough (though it doesn't stand up to the upper attack combo I'm using, and nor does weight based defence for me tbh).

And yeah, I need to update the list as it stands, I've been busy.
I think Panther Claw and War Monkey should get a mentioning on the list.

EDIT: Derp what was i thinking.
They're already both on the list.
Okay, got my stuff from Poseidon today. I'm gonna get a Tornado Attack now plastics are my main focus.

Few notes:

War Monkey sucks compared to other options, if no one minds, can we move it to tier two for grip based defence? I'm having a bad day with my launch for attack types but it's still getting outspun or KO'd, it's pretty average, not bad, it does absorb some hits, but eh.

Secondly, turns out I have a Takara Zeus. That and the Metal Grip CEW (Dragoon GT), make a formidable combination, on par with wolborg 2's SG. Used it with Zeus' base, Wide Defence and War Lion, it did great. Obviously, it is only useable in right spin, but yeah, works quite nicely. I'll do some testing when I get time/motivation.
Another plus is that it doesn't go aggressive like wolborg 2's tip does sometimes, which is nice, though obviously the right-spin-only thing is a pain, we do have wing cross up there IIRC.

Okay, got a tornado attack stadium, plus some other parts (uriel 2 (for the base), uriel, some more wide defence wd's, and yeah).

Will update the working list probably tomorrow, probably gonna remove volcano change base from the spin-stealer/zombie killer section, doesn't work at all well for me, but I'll give it another shot.

Also, I have smash turtle now, and tbh I don't really like it for weight based defence, it's different to what I recalled/thought (basically, doesn't cover the weight disk). Wasn't that impressed performance wise either IIRC, though this was all done in BB-10, so I will re-check stuff.

War Monkey: Still disappointed with it. Doesn't have good enough LAD to work for zombies. The S-AR paired with War Lion works passably, but I'm pretty sure a standard War Lion+War Lion SAR works better...

I guess I need to list out what I should be testing...

Cross Griffon VS Trygle

Mc Frown's Upper Attack thing (even though I'm already convinced by it and it's more a matter of HOW it wins, not it's win-rate, which is pretty much settled)

Upper Tiger + Upper Attack SP's: Will try to do some tests with them on Uriel 2's base.

I want to test smash attack SP's, but as the only aggressive enough SP-capable base is Customise Grip Change Base (or whatever Uriel 2's is), and due to the fact that combining that with Fin Tectors basically results in breakages, I may wait till I get a full Dragoon V2 or something. There's no metal flat SP base is there?

Zeus SG + Metal Grip CEW (dragoon GT) for grip-based defence. Don't know what to test this against really.
We were agreed on scrapping OHKO entirely weren't we?

Oh, and Uriel 1's Base can fit all bearing SG's in it. This includes SG Free Shaft Ver+Full Auto Clutch (Driger F) Shaft. It has spikes so it's not good for zombies, but it may be worth investigating for attack use. It provides good clearance for the Full Auto Clutch Shaft, so there shouldn't be the whole "plastic touches stadium, bey goes mad and self KO's" issue. That said, whether it's really worthwhile would be questionable. I guess I can test it if we want to, but I'll need some ideas for combo's:
-Remember it has 4 spikes, and they only work correctly for attack in RIGHT spin.
-Cross Griffon covers the spikes completely. IDK if that's an issue as it'd mainly be hitting things cross griffon is too high to hit, I guess.

I'd imagine uncustomised it'd be totally outclassed by other grip parts (though it has pretty decent movement tbh).

Quick question too, is the tip of Dragoon V's base removable like Uriels? Uriels is attached to the SG Magnetically (though it's held in place by the base anyway, unlike dranzer v).

Little more info on uriels tip for those who don't know, it is held by the magnet of an MG core, but works with an MW Core, however these are tighter, removing the small amount of free-spin the mg core gives it.

Also, would uriel 2's base, in it's defence mode (which has a rubber sharp tip, like seaborg) be worth putting as tier 2 grip defence? It's quite tall so I'm not sure if it deserves it Confused
Yes the tip of Dragoon V is removable.
Hm. Well, I'll have one coming soon so I'll have a play around with it, because IIRC Dragoon V's base is basically a mirror image of Uriels. basically thinking SG Free Shaft Ver+Full Auto Clutch Shaft in dragoon V's base, 10 wide/wide defense and eight spiker (dragoon G).

Oh, and used Storm Grip in a Tornado Attack. Stillsuxxxx

And I'm really loving Uriel 2's base if I didn't mention it. It's amazing. No stamina at all, but it usually doesn't matter. Realised I'd grown a little lazy in my launching, because it wasn't doing much until I realised I wasn't launching at 100%. Still didn't make storm grip move tho.

Also, just realised I CAN do a Smash SP Comparison, Though I only have SP's from Driger V2, Dragoon V2, Dranzer V2, Voltaic Ape, and Uriel 2. (Oh, and Dark Driger, but I'd rather not use it tbh). Plus, as I'd be using my Customise Grip base for the attack combo, I couldn't use a grip based defence combo. I've got a stamina-zombie and a basically perfect weight based defence combo, I guess.
They're exactly the same base so they would be. I kinda doubt it will have much use in attack or zombies but it will be interesting to see.
id like to see how cross griffon does on rubber attack based combo. Ive bought 2 dragoon s' ann not gonna buy another.Frankly it sucks. Oh yeah, whats up with the EG metagame. Im pretty sure that firstclutch base (dragoon G ver.) with a left EG with dragoon GT's CEW is really good for OHKO
(Sep. 02, 2011  11:17 AM)Ultrablader Wrote: They're exactly the same base so they would be. I kinda doubt it will have much use in attack or zombies but it will be interesting to see.

Not exactly the same, because dragoon v's spikes attack in left spin, while Uriels attack in right spin. They're mirrored.

Poseidon: Pretty much we're not doing OHKO combo's anymore because they're not really as competitive as the other categories. By definition they have to win fast or they lose. They're basically smash attack combo's that aren't as good due to too much recoil.
that only works for hasbro parts apparently..takara normal left eg,the cew cant be change..for takara eg..only GT's EG, Zeus and some few can be change..perhaps left turbo would be nice for uour OHKO..
i thought i did mentioned this earlier...
Smash Attack AR:
Great Dragon (Sub-AR: Screw Zeus)
Whale Attacker
Mirage Goddess

Attack WD:
Wide Survivor
I'm assuming Great Dragon holds Screw Zeus in place? I was going to try something similar with war lion but I was worried about breakage.

Whale Attacker: EEEEH, it has a lot of recoil. Will check it out when I get mine.

Mirage Goddess: Needs testing. Someone said it could be used for defense so IDK. Remember it has to be up to the standard of Triple Wing and Eight Spiker.

Wide Survivor: Think it's in tier two, we discussed it and yeah
(Sep. 02, 2011  7:33 PM)th!nk Wrote: I'm assuming Great Dragon holds Screw Zeus in place? I was going to try something similar with war lion but I was worried about breakage.

Whale Attacker: EEEEH, it has a lot of recoil. Will check it out when I get mine.

Mirage Goddess: Needs testing. Someone said it could be used for defense so IDK. Remember it has to be up to the standard of Triple Wing and Eight Spiker.

Wide Survivor: Think it's in tier two, we discussed it and yeah
It does and I used it at PND!

Put it on Storm Grip Base at it works wonders. Add HMC to reduce recoil.

It is, however, you have to have a lot of speed/weight behind it for it to work.
Great Dragon+Screw Zeus: Yeah, I can see it working. I'll do some testing at some point. Though, obviously I don't have great dragon yet Tongue_out_wink I will use one of my worse-condition war lions or something for now.

Whale Attacker: My storm grip is slow and insipid and everything beywiki doesn't say it is. :\ I'll try it on one of my faster, rubber-tipped bases when I get it though, though it's generally known for being a OHKO part.

Mirage Goddess: Could you do testing at some point? I don't really think much of that line of beys (venus, apollon, etc). And I'm taking it from this that it's probably not that good defensively (weight based defence).

I like the lack of replies to my long post with all the stuff I really want input on Wink I know it's lengthy, but I wanna get this sorted.

Anyway, looks like I have a fair bit of testing ahead. Don't expect it all right away, I have other things on my plate.

I wish i didnt sell zeus to you, I WANT IT BACK !JK. Ill do some testing when can be bothered.
It's good but being right spin locked means it can never live up to it's full potential, though the ability to use a weighted, rubber tip (Metal Grip CEW) is a pretty big plus. I do wonder how it works, it doesn't seem entirely like a normal bearing system but idk. When you spin the tip, it lasts ages, but stops kinda suddenly after a while, it's really odd.

I need to test it with proper parts, haven't had much time to test anything yet cos of my sleeping patterns and other family members needing to sleep.
Hmmmm did some testing with compacts very thing was VS with grip ect tornado attack staduim.
AR tiger defencer
WD: 10 Heavy
BB Metal ball base (1 set of metal balls )
VS dranzer v2
Compact combo wins 7/20 times

AR tiger defencer
WD: 10 heavy
SG: Neo right
SG core: HMC
BB: BB semi flat
VS dranzer v2
Compact combo wins 13/20

Not a massive variaty since MBD base sucks so i tried SG metal flat 1
AR tiger defencer
WD: 10 heavy
SG: Neo right
SG core: HMC
BB: BB metal flat 1
VS dranzer v2
compact combo wins 12/20
You I think this needed a bump just to keep this alive and keep on discussing topics, as controversy will inevitably still exist among us and it would be good to organize and come to conclusion with the list.
(Sep. 13, 2011  2:26 PM)Poseidon Wrote: BB: BB metal flat 1

is probably the worst base ever made
(Oct. 18, 2011  1:41 AM)Mc Frown Wrote:

Sharp..?
I playe around with my Dranzer ACB last night..i found that it is much faster than G. Dragoon V BB..but for most..it is light..but it can be still good for attack right?
(Oct. 18, 2011  3:41 AM)Dan Wrote:
(Oct. 18, 2011  1:41 AM)Mc Frown Wrote:

Sharp..?
Smash Turtle
Wide Survivor
Sharp

note that I was using hyperbole because all three jumping bases wyborg bb almost every eg bb and a few others are worse

Also I adore Auto Change Base.
Sorry guys,i've been busy with university T_T
Ready to continue this project Grin
I vote we totally remove any mention of fortress base. A few reasons. 1. It's absolutely hilariously bad defensively. 2. There is no legal way to fit more than two ball bearings (not counting the SG) in. The only way I can see, I could also use to fit some ridiculous amount (14+), or do in any other bey (basically, will the gaps in the WD with balls). I may have missed something, but the structure of the SG and BB prevent more than one pair of balls in the slots, and the other slots are obscured by the SG... Anyone care to explain?

As for weight based defense, while it is not as low-recoil, I still think AR: Tiger Defenser and WD: 10 Heavy are still candidates, or even war lion...

Oh, finally launched storm grip hard enough for it to work, it's rather good now.

I must one time find time to test Dragoon GT's AR, as it has been giving me frankly amazing results with wide defense on storm grip. It has excellent spacing and shape sooooo....

Oh, on another side note, I figure as Dranzer S's metal tip is actually part of the SG, you could use any other SG in that base (they DO fit). Though there's no reason to (using HMC means you get OS'd, etc), thought I'd mention here.