"Build me a combo!" #2

Poll: yes or no

yes
0%
no
100.00%
Total: 100% 2 vote(s)
I do have to ask though, what is synergy?
Sorry for the double post. Out of Basalt, Burn, and Earth, which do you think would best suit the balance combo ______Gasher 100WD?
I have a rock wheel, a storm pegasis, a LLD, a earth virgo, a galaxy pegasis ,a MLD , a RS bottom, and a killer kerbecs 230xf.
any useful combos?
Attack : Lightning L Drago 100RF
Defense : Earth Virgo/Kerbecs GB145/230RS
Stamina : Nothing. Unhappy

Try getting Flash to improve your attack. For a better defense and stamina wheel, get Duo. Also a BD145 and a CS/RDF for your defense. Get a better stamina track like AD145 and a better bottom like WD.
What about my question?
(May. 24, 2012  3:23 PM)Fantomu Wrote: Eh? I did a few quick battles between those two, and Hell Kerbecs won every round. :p Well, some people put MF-L on their stamina combos to reduce the chance of getting knocked out, but some people think it reduces stamina. It is a debatable question still.

Screw ism't that good of an attack wheel, it's passable. Why use Screw when you have Lighting? 230WD isn't that good of a setup, it wobbles a lot. D would be the best tip for 170+ heights.
Attack : MF-H Lightning L Drago 90/CH120/BD145RF
Defense : MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145RF as anti-attack
Stamina : Hell Kerbecs BD145EWD You could smack a MF-L on it but yeah.

No CS, 4D or AD145? Unhappy If you can order Flash Saggitario and Duo Uranus before the tournament and get CS and AD145, you be dominating. Smile
if i did get CS and AD145 before the tounament what combo should i make from them???
(May. 26, 2012  4:06 AM)ElderBow Wrote: I do have to ask though, what is synergy?

Synergy is two or more things functioning together to produce a result not independently obtainable.

About your combo question, Basalt would definitely be better.

(May. 26, 2012  7:43 AM)gameboysuperman Wrote:
(May. 24, 2012  3:23 PM)Fantomu Wrote: Eh? I did a few quick battles between those two, and Hell Kerbecs won every round. :p Well, some people put MF-L on their stamina combos to reduce the chance of getting knocked out, but some people think it reduces stamina. It is a debatable question still.

Screw ism't that good of an attack wheel, it's passable. Why use Screw when you have Lighting? 230WD isn't that good of a setup, it wobbles a lot. D would be the best tip for 170+ heights.
Attack : MF-H Lightning L Drago 90/CH120/BD145RF
Defense : MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145RF as anti-attack
Stamina : Hell Kerbecs BD145EWD You could smack a MF-L on it but yeah.

No CS, 4D or AD145? Unhappy If you can order Flash Saggitario and Duo Uranus before the tournament and get CS and AD145, you be dominating. Smile
if i did get CS and AD145 before the tounament what combo should i make from them???

MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS and Basalt Kerbecs AD145EWD.
Basalt Kerbecs AD145EWD is what type of combo?? stamina or defense?
Stamina. But it has a little defense to it too.

The Hell combo has more stamina, less defense, meaning easier to KO.
The Basalt one has less stamina, more defense, meaning a little harder to KO.
I would like a the best Defense and attack Combo. But bad news for me that is my CS was not molded properly so that reubber part was bent and making my bey stamina less. Unhappy
Everyone who answered bull over cygnus: do not recommend stuff here. I've already told a few of you before. Earth is only useful for ltsc, but .1 of a gram is nowhere near worth the stamina tradeoff of using bull (which shouldn't be top tier) over cygnus.

(May. 24, 2012  5:54 PM)ElderBow Wrote:
(May. 24, 2012  2:53 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(May. 24, 2012  2:50 PM)Zaylor Wrote: I beg to differ, XF is a top-tier part. And if you use gravity Perseus in right spin mode it is no longer a spin stealer. But yes, listing his parts would help. All I'm saying is I don't think the combo's are as bad for tournaments as you say an that Gravity Perseus would be the better to use. But then again, this is all without knowing his parts so...

I beg to differ - It quite clearly isn't if you check the competitive combinations list.
Fantomu, is, as usual, completely correct.

Don't post recommendations here until you have an adequate understanding of the game.

I know Fantomu is correct, I'm just saying the combo wasn't as bad as I perceived he said.

Also I've been a blader for almost two years so I think I have an adequate understanding enough. Please don't take this in a rude way. I don't mean it to be rude.

Two years of blading is nothing at all, I'm sure most people here have been playing at least that long, and there are plenty of people who have who still haven't found the competitive combos list. There's a lot more to recommending things properly than having played the game, and given you specifically said XF is top tier, you are obviously lacking in some areas - and have continued to make poor recommendations since I told you to stop.
I've used my Basalt/Twisted and my Hell/Hades wheels for the longest time...
And they are my favorite wheels...
And I'm finding them less useful every time I use them...

They are either outclassed or very very situationally good.

What Basalt/Hell combo should I use that will compete with current day general top tier combos?

I own every track/tip fyi.
Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS was formerly a top-tier defense type (CS on Ray Striker btw), but has been outclassed by wheels such as Diablo, Death, and Duo. Those parts will give you a great defense type...
Well Red2Blue basalt is outclassed. But neilanpolbey used a basalt kerbecs 230 CS or D and did good at a tournament.
This att combo is great for using in hasbro beystadium
The combo can even outspin stamina beyblades like flame libra and saggitario
I don't know but this might be the best attack combo in hasbro stadiums

Hades kerbecs ch120 hf/mf
Libra and saggitario are not the best stamina types due to the sharp serIes so try it against better hasbro stamina combos
(May. 26, 2012  7:53 AM)gameboysuperman Wrote: Basalt Kerbecs AD145EWD is what type of combo?? stamina or defense?
I'd say a balance type; If it was WD or something like that, then it would clearly be a defense type, BUT, EWD is a tip that I find poor for defense: if it is knocked of balance (Which is no that hard to do) it looses alot of stamina, so I find that EWD is best used against stamina combos. So to sum up:
EWD is a stamina tip, and ahlthough AD145 and Basalt are hugely defense based parts, and Kerbecs is mostly stamina, so all in all the score would be 2-2!? not sure what THAT(<<<) means, but anyway, overall, it's definitly a balance type combo.

No.

WD and EWD are Stamina Bottoms, so they have poor defensive qualities. AD145 is a Stamina part as well. Basalt is a tier two Defense Wheel that can be used for Stamina purposes, and Kerbecs is a Clear Wheel with good synergy on tri-symmetrical Metal Wheels such as Basalt, Hell, Diablo, etc.

It's a Stamina combo with poor Defense.
Chocked_2 AD145 is used in gravity perseus as a defensive combo AND WD is a defense tip (It's in the name: Wide defense)
Is Flash a Stamina Wheel? According to Takara-Tomy it is, but is that what it's used for? No. It's been tested and found that its best use is on the Attack field. Just as Flash has been tested, AD145 and WD have been tested as well and have found their spots in the game.

Names can be deceiving; you have to know your stuff and be informed correctly. Otherwise, you're just spreading around false information. Smile
Technically, if it is false, atleast it's IFFICIAL information Wink
Anyway, I've always found 'defense' parts work well with 'attack' parts.
(May. 26, 2012  4:35 PM)Luck Wrote: Technically, if it is false, atleast it's IFFICIAL information Wink

Ah, but it's still false. Just becauseTakara-Tomy passed Grand off as great Defense Wheel at the time of it's release didn't mean it was accurate information. It still sucked, nonetheless. Conveying the inaccurate information of the company won't do you justice competitively, especially if you're actually trying to help someone out.
Are there any good attack combos for Phantom because I haven't got Variares yet
Phantom is a Stamina wheel, and doesn't have much use whatsoever for attack...
I've had good luck with MF-F Phantom (Attack Mode) Gasher/Cancer D125/AD145RF.

EDIT: Well, when Basalt was dominant, anyway... I don't beleive it fares too well against Duo or Diablo.