"Build me a combo!" #2

Poll: yes or no

yes
0%
no
100.00%
Total: 100% 2 vote(s)
(Feb. 01, 2012  11:16 PM)TwistedLeone79 Wrote: Ordering the Ultimate DX set tomorrow, it'll be to my house by Monday then. Oh I'm gonna have to figure out what to use. especially seeing my Original Twisted Tempo 145WD (Hasbro) is beating my custom MF Basalt Horogium 230WD (TT) now I'm confused... Just got Phantom O and the strongest blader set too... lots of options. Just got my first BB-10 stadium though, omg those are hard to launch in compared to Hasbro stadiums, Even my stock Twisted wants to walk its way out of it, is that common? and anything with a R2F definitely does... Do I just need to slow down my rip speed? seems counter productive but at least it stays in the stadium....
Can anyone help TwistedLeone79 or pm him your results? thanks
(Feb. 02, 2012  5:54 AM)Tech Wrote: Is this a good stamina/defense combo?

MF-H Phantom Aquario BD145CS

If not, suggest any parts that should be replaced.

No, it is just quite decent. Reasons-
Phantom is not a Defense wheel, just Stamina.
Cancer is better than Aquario on Phantom.
BD145 is not the best option here, and probably a TH170 could be used...

TwistedLeone- Learn the sliding shoot please...
And, your custom- MF Basalt Horogium 230WD is haywire. A totally unstable combo. Basalt + Horogium = Bad Balance. 230 + WD = Bad Balance. (Basalt + Horogium)+(230 + WD) = VERY Bad Balance.
which l drago is the best for an attack custom?
(Feb. 02, 2012  4:05 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: BD145 is not the best option here, and probably a TH170 could be used...

I would keep a BD145 instead of a TH170. Phantom is an amazing stamina part, and BD145 is good for defence by making the bey heavier. Phantom BD145CS is a Stamina/Defence Hybrid, and a very good one. I would suggest to replace Phantom with Duo however.
Earth Eagle 145WD
Killer Pisces ED145WD
Cyber Pegasus 105F
Lightning L-Drago 100HF
Flame Libra T125ES
Dark Wolf DF145FS
Dark Bull H145SD
Storm Capricorne M145Q
Storm Pegasus 105RF
Rock Orso D125B
Rock Orso D125B
Earth Virgo GB145BS
Gravity Persues AD145WD
Galaxy Pegasus W105R2F
Ray Unicorno D125CS
Basalt Horogium 145WD
Grand Ketos D145RS
Meteo L-Drago (Assult) 85XF

Can You Make Me 2 Combo Of Each, for Def Att & Stamina?
and what is the best combo for Meteo L-Drago Assult?
Thanks! Grin
Attack: Lightning L-Drago 85R2F or Gravity Perseus D125RF
Defense: Basalt Bull GB145CS/ RS
Stamina: Basalt Bull AD145WD
Can someone please correct me if I'm wrong?
They seem pretty ok. Except RS doesn't go well with BD145. Its scrapes a lot.
Ok I just ordered the Ultimate DX set, I've got most everything seriously... except Beat Lynx spin track the TH170.
Can you guys give me 3 great combos you like.
The R2Fs are still to hyper for my launch I prefer RSF or even RB just an Fyi. I'm good with the slide shooting with those.
Thanks
List your parts so we can give you combos that you'll be able to make and use.
(Feb. 02, 2012  9:17 PM)Cygnus Wrote: They seem pretty ok. Except RS doesn't go well with BD145. Its scrapes a lot.

He didn't mention BD145, so he's correct.
Too many to list I don't have Beat Lynx and Mercury Anibus that's bout it so minus those parts but I did order Phantom Orion upgrade kit which does include the XF tip, not here yet so we'll see what a beast that is when it comes.
List 3 great combos you use that you are willing to share please.
Do you know a good Absorb mode L-drago destroy combo
Absorb Mode is better for spin stealing/equalization (which MLD does better), but MF-H LDD (Attack) BD145/CH120RF is decent, IIRC.
(Feb. 03, 2012  12:46 AM)Primal Wrote: Absorb Mode is better for spin stealing/equalization (which MLD does better), but MF-H LDD (Attack) BD145/CH120RF is decent, IIRC.

Thanks
1. HSF does not exist.
2. Don't post if you don't know what you're talking about.
3. That combo is horrible even in Hasbro meta.
what is a better clear wheel to use for stamina customizations? kerbecs or bull?
(Feb. 03, 2012  4:15 AM)ali12345456 Wrote: what is a better clear wheel to use for stamina customizations? kerbecs or bull?

Bull is heavier But Kerbecs is kooler.Smith
(Wrong)

It really depends on your preference. Kerbecs is just a little lighter than Bull, so you can choose either one. Personally, I use Bull as my defense CW and Kerbecs as my stamina CW.

EDIT: Beaten by Blazer Tazer
Technically, Kerbecs would be better, as it is lighter than Bull IIRC.
What wheel you're using it on depends as well, as Bull has 2 main sides, while Kerbecs has 3, which can mess up the balance. Stamina types don't have good balance, period. (give or take B:D)
tl;dr
Use whichever one balances out with your MW better.
(Feb. 03, 2012  4:37 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: Technically, Kerbecs would be better, as it is lighter than Bull IIRC.
What wheel you're using it on depends as well, as Bull has 2 main sides, while Kerbecs has 3, which can mess up the balance. Stamina types don't have good balance, period. (give or take BGrin)
tl;dr
Use whichever one balances out with your MW better.

I concur with Raigeko. I forgot to keep balance in the equation.
Kerbecs and Bull are roughly equal weight. Light Weight doesn't help stamina, stamina is all about shape and where weight is placed.
In fact, look in th!nk's sig and you'll see a link that says Choosing a CW: A Simple Guide. If you read that, that should help you choose your CW.
It should, mostly. It is in need of an update, as are most of my older writings. Just been too busy/having too much fun writing about plastics to update it, but I'm getting there.

The basic thing is choose something with an even distribution, and at least something which matches the form of the metal wheel it is used on. Having most of the weight focused towards the edge helps, but this isn't hugely noticeable for clear wheels (at least not compared to Metal Wheels).