"Build me a combo!" #2

Poll: yes or no

yes
0%
no
100.00%
Total: 100% 2 vote(s)
(Dec. 08, 2011  4:05 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Hm. For the Extreme/Tornado Stadiums, WF is a great choice provided you can control it well.
The other combos are perfect.
But, where's your stamina combo?
The Basalt one offers great Defense and decent stamina. But IMO, you need a pure stamina type too.
If you say that the Earth combo is a stamina type, then I guess it needs improvements. Remove MF-H.
Use Hell Kerbecs BD145WD instead. I am sure that it will do you good in Hasbro stadiums.
But hey, do not use this in TT stadiums. Smile
Also, I assume that you will be going against Hasbro era beys only, and no TT beys(such as 4D) will be in play. Smile
Hehe, you guessed right again,Jan. I'm playing in a tournament final, so I'm preparing for extreme or tornado. I find that most people use D though, but then BD145 would scrap. Would ED145 D be a good substitute? And anyway, they don't allow any repeats of metal wheels, so I'll have to stick with earth, or will libra do better? I'm thinking: MF-C(with metal outside) ,earth bull/libra GB145/AD145/ED145/BD145 D/CS or something. Would any of that work? I'm also thinking of CH120 but not sure if that would help.
I own a rev up and my opponents mostly have lr launchers. Do you think I can out spin phantom Orion BGrin
Perhaps, if you have a top tier combo to counter it, as well as skill with the rev-up launcher
(Dec. 09, 2011  4:03 AM)KillerBeeBlader Wrote: I own a rev up and my opponents mostly have lr launchers. Do you think I can out spin phantom Orion BGrin

It's possible if you have a strong launch and their's is a little weaker, but you can't know for sure.
I am testing phantom bull gb145 vs scythe leone b:d and phantom is able to defeat it. Should I take the risk.
I recently bought a Rev-Up launcher. What signs of breaking should I look for, and what would be broken?

Edit: Sorry, thought this was Ask a question thread.

Anyways, which is better of r pure stamina, Basalt, or Earth?
Earth is mostly pure, at least more than basalt. Basalt just has a lot of stamina for a defense type
Earth is just pure Stamina/some Defense.
Basalt is the embodiment of Stamina and Defense.
So, Basalt Earth.

Ahh, what Imperial said below is true. VVV Basalt grinds down the opponent, not much stamina to it due to poor balance as well.
(Dec. 09, 2011  4:21 AM)Z.E.R.O Wrote: Earth is mostly pure, at least more than basalt. Basalt just has a lot of stamina for a defense type

Basalt doesn't have a lot of stamina, it wins by "Grinding" down its opponent.
Would BGrin on bassalt be ok
No. It's absolutely horrible.
I figured but what combo would you recommend to defeat phantom Orion BD
Pretty much any Attack combo or aggressive Defense combo.
More specifically, a Variares custom in attack would be probably your best bet on CH120RF.
And defense, I'd say a MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS.
My phantom bull gb145 wd is a little aggressive. What do you think
That's not a Defence type.
(Dec. 09, 2011  3:52 AM)Z.E.R.O Wrote:
(Dec. 08, 2011  4:05 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Hm. For the Extreme/Tornado Stadiums, WF is a great choice provided you can control it well.
The other combos are perfect.
But, where's your stamina combo?
The Basalt one offers great Defense and decent stamina. But IMO, you need a pure stamina type too.
If you say that the Earth combo is a stamina type, then I guess it needs improvements. Remove MF-H.
Use Hell Kerbecs BD145WD instead. I am sure that it will do you good in Hasbro stadiums.
But hey, do not use this in TT stadiums. Smile
Also, I assume that you will be going against Hasbro era beys only, and no TT beys(such as 4D) will be in play. Smile
Hehe, you guessed right again,Jan. I'm playing in a tournament final, so I'm preparing for extreme or tornado. I find that most people use D though, but then BD145 would scrap. Would ED145 D be a good substitute? And anyway, they don't allow any repeats of metal wheels, so I'll have to stick with earth, or will libra do better? I'm thinking: MF-C(with metal outside) ,earth bull/libra GB145/AD145/ED145/BD145 D/CS or something. Would any of that work? I'm also thinking of CH120 but not sure if that would help.
Dont forget this^^
i need some good attack, def and stamina combination, ma parts are:
energy ring - pegasus, pegasus II, serpent, tempo, virgo, wolf, lacerta, l drago II
fusion wheel - dark, ray, thermal, twisted, earth, cyber, galaxy
spin track- 105, wa130, lw105, 145, gb145, w105, m145
tip - ms, r2f, fs, lf, hf, bs, wd, f

plz help meeeeeeee
*faints*...ok.....
Attack: Galaxy pegasus II M145 R2F (if you dont mind a lot of risk) or ray tempo W105 R2F as a recoil attacker or galaxy virgo 105 R2F for epic uppercuts.
Defense: twisted pegasus II GB145 WD
Stamina: earth virgo 145/105 WD
PLEASE get more parts Grin
(My body was crying in pain when i typed this)
i will big bang pegasis, l drago destroy and variares are coming from ebay
mrakorius then attack should be: vari aries 105/GB145(who knows) R2F. try getting at least a CH120 for vari aries

Jinouga101 its MF-H basalt kerbecs/aquario/bull BD145 CS. phantom combos arent too far behind though
(Dec. 09, 2011  12:18 PM)Z.E.R.O Wrote: *faints*...ok.....
Attack: Galaxy pegasus II M145 R2F (if you dont mind a lot of risk) or ray tempo W105 R2F as a recoil attacker or galaxy virgo 105 R2F for epic uppercuts.
Defense: twisted pegasus II GB145 WD
Stamina: earth virgo 145/105 WD
PLEASE get more parts Grin
(My body was crying in pain when i typed this)
I cried in pain when I saw your recommendations. He can do better.

Attack: Ray is far better than galaxy, but both are useless. Also, I'm assuming he has meteo, from the listing of it's other parts, so: Meteo L Drago LW105R2F would be his best combo for attack, but it's bad.
Also: M145 is a horrible part and anyone who recommends it deserve a slap in the face. DON'T RECOMMEND IT. EVER. It is generally better to not use a combo than to use it with M145.

Defense: You lack defense tips, but Twisted Pegasis 2 GB145R2F is a decent anti-attack combo. Get a calm/semi-aggro CS.

Stamina: Twisted Pegasis 2 105WD: Pretty eh.

(Dec. 09, 2011  12:22 PM)mrakorius Wrote: i will big bang pegasis, l drago destroy and variares are coming from ebay

Eh, the first two are terrible, the last one is great. You should get Dark Cancer (for CH120), and an MF-2 set (for MF-H).

Then you can make MF-H Variares CH120R2F. It's not easy to use but if you get the hang of it, it is extremely powerful.

MF-H is also great for defense combo's, but you still need BD145 and CS (RDF may be a good substitute, and comes with Death Quetzalcoatl, Death being a very good defense wheel).

(Dec. 09, 2011  12:25 PM)Z.E.R.O Wrote: mrakorius then attack should be: vari aries 105/GB145(who knows) R2F. try getting at least a CH120 for vari aries

Jinouga101 its MF-H basalt kerbecs/aquario/bull BD145 CS. phantom combos arent too far behind though

Please leave this thread.

First: Variares will not work well without an MF/MF-H, it has too much recoil

Second: That is not the best defense combo at the moment, as Duo and Death both do at least as well as basalt, and there are better defensive tips than CS.
Even so, it isn't really a true defense combo, but a defense/stamina hybrid (or even a balance combo, depending on the condition of CS and how you use it). Furthermore, there are different types of defense, including Anti-Attack/Anti-Meta, which use RF on defense combo's, alongside low recoil, high weight wheels, to exploit the high recoil of attack types.

You should not even be answering that kind of question anyway, if you read the OP.

The metagame is constantly changing, and some combo's do better against some attack combo's than others. The only way to keep up to date is by checking the testing threads of new releases, the "Winning Combinations" thread, which lists the combo's used by tournament winners, and the "Competitive Combos" thread in the advanced forum.

MF-H Basalt Virgo ______WD?Help me pick the track
100,D125,T125,135,145,DF145,ED145,SW145,M145,ED145
R145,W105,LW10,AD145,230,BD145,UW145,S130,95,GB145
(Dec. 09, 2011  12:47 PM)Jinouga101 Wrote: MF-H Basalt Virgo ______WD?Help me pick the track
100,D125,T125,135,145,DF145,ED145,SW145,M145,ED145
R145,W105,LW10,AD145,230,BD145,UW145,S130,95,GB145

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Competit...bos--20385
Just to add,
Why in the world would you create that combo? Its neither Defense, nor Stamina; especially if you were to go up against top class attackers. Even though Basalt makes up for most of the bad qualities of that combo, I'll call that a mismatch.
Either replace WD with CS or just get rid of that MF-H...
MF-H usually decreases Stamina, and improves Defense.
On the other hand, WD improves Stamina, and devastates Defense.
Net gain- Zero....