"Build me a combo!" #2

Poll: yes or no

yes
0%
no
100.00%
Total: 100% 2 vote(s)
so finally I should buy a variares instead a blitz
Yes, but if you are able to purchase a Beyblade, I'd get Flash if you can.

This would belong in Purchase Consultation BTW.
Actually, skip 4D altogether and get some Zero-G Attack wheels... Wyvang Wyvang, Balro Balro, and Begirados Begirados (and most combinations thereof) will do better than the older Attack types Smile
(Feb. 23, 2014  7:27 PM)Cake Wrote: Actually, skip 4D altogether and get some Zero-G Attack wheels... Wyvang Wyvang, Balro Balro, and Begirados Begirados (and most combinations thereof) will do better than the older Attack types Smile

That's not true, Flash still does wonders for attack.
Flash still is really good, but comparatively it's quite light (which is really bad in Attack vs Attack or against Anti-Attack) and I would argue that it's starting to lose its niche dominance with its Attack/Stamina abilities. If Balro^2 BD145MF continues to do as well as its testing indicates, it may overtake Flash in that category. Flash's Stamina is mostly based in solo time - Flash Orion W145MF works by stalling anything you can't KO; if Flash starts to make contact, it loses Stamina in a hurry due to its oblong shape. On the other hand, Balro is mostly circular (or at least closer than Flash is), so it can handle a little bit of contact with opponents.
Yet costs a significant amount more, plus flash does better agaisnt Duo defense.
Blitz and Variares are quite good, not the world's best though. They tend to have R-E-C-O-I-L.
(Feb. 23, 2014  8:35 PM)Aquamarine Wrote: Blitz and Variares are quite good, not not the world's best though. They tend to have R-E-C-O-I-L.

All in all, Flash or a Synchrom would be much better.
(Feb. 23, 2014  8:20 PM)TheWhiteTiger Wrote: Yet costs a significant amount more, plus flash does better agaisnt Duo defense.

Ahem.

(Jan. 18, 2014  4:51 AM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: MSF-L Balro Balro BD145MF vs. MF-H Duo Aquario BD145CS
Aquario launched first on even launches, Balro launched first on odd.
Detail Results (Click to View)
Balro: 10 (10 OS, 0 KO)
Aquario: 0 (0 OS, 0 KO)
Balro Win %: 100.0%

This right here is the mark of a good Stamina/Attack hybrid. OSing Duo on CS is no easy feat for a flat-tipped combination, and definitely a great attribute to have in a tournament scenario.

Can't get much better than 100%.

I do agree the cost is an issue, but still... hard to argue with this ^^^
(Feb. 23, 2014  9:11 PM)Cake Wrote:
(Feb. 23, 2014  8:20 PM)TheWhiteTiger Wrote: Yet costs a significant amount more, plus flash does better agaisnt Duo defense.

Ahem.

(Jan. 18, 2014  4:51 AM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: MSF-L Balro Balro BD145MF vs. MF-H Duo Aquario BD145CS
Aquario launched first on even launches, Balro launched first on odd.
Detail Results (Click to View)
Balro: 10 (10 OS, 0 KO)
Aquario: 0 (0 OS, 0 KO)
Balro Win %: 100.0%

This right here is the mark of a good Stamina/Attack hybrid. OSing Duo on CS is no easy feat for a flat-tipped combination, and definitely a great attribute to have in a tournament scenario.

Can't get much better than 100%.

I do agree the cost is an issue, but still... hard to argue with this ^^^

That's cuz that is a staller/Attack and stamina hybrid, we are talking about attack, no?

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-MF-H-Fla...ash+W145MF
(Feb. 23, 2014  9:18 PM)TheWhiteTiger Wrote: ...

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-MF-H-Fla...ash+W145MF

Not sure if that was pointed toward me but if it was: I said I thought we were talking about a attack, i wasn't saying that Flash W145MF couldn't be a Staller.
No it was to Cake, Flash gets 100% too...

Plus those wins are only by OS.
Flash's main strength is its Stamina. Flash W145MF works so well because it OSes combos it can't KO, and KOs those it can't OS. Same applies to Balro^2 BD145MF. However, Flash isn't your best choice outside of that niche; aside from the fact that it wrecks Duo, Flash tends to get stopped by Synchromes rather effectively. I think that, given Balro's similar abilities in Flash's Attack/Stamina niche, and Balro's effectiveness against E230, and its abilities as an Attack part in general, Balro is a much better use of your money.

Another note: I would take OSing an opponent to KOing them any day; it's generally safer than trying to go aggressive and KO, which takes some skill. So winning by OS is, in my opinion, not really an issue, and, if anything, a GOOD thing Smile
But you have to pay $60 just for two parts that work nearly the same. Uncertain

But were talking about the parts effectiveness at attack not OS'ing.
But for those $60 you are also getting a whole mess of top-tier parts that EVERYONE really should have - buying two Def/Stam sets gets you Balro Balro, Wyvang Wyvang, and Revizer Revizer, plus Killerkens in case you prefer a bit more Stamina with Revizer. You get E230 as well, which is basically the most important track for Defense.

Wyvang Wyvang, other than its weakness to Duo defense, is the absolute strongest Attack type out there. And then if you find Duo you just OS or KO the thing with Balro Balro, which is also a strong Attack pick. And again, in a tournament setting, KOing ability is good, but there will always be stuff you can't knock out. If you can knock everything out your combo will prooobablyy be banned. In a balanced meta, Attack > Stamina > Defense > Attack. But if you can have an Attack type that KOs Stamina and OSes Defense, which it should, in theory, lose to, then you have a much stronger pick than before.

Here's what I'm seeing from a tournament viewpoint:
My two choices are Flash Orion W145MF and Flash Orion CH120RF. The RF version has higher Attack, but it's a worse pick because the MF version circumvents its weakness - it OSes Defense. While the MF version can't KO stuff as well, it doesn't have to; it can just OS anything it can't comfortably KO. While, arguably, Attack beats it, it's not a viable choice since attack can't KO it consistently enough because it's hard to hit. This pinning - can't use Defense because it will get OSed, can't use Stamina because it will get KOed, can't use Attack because it's not a safe choice - makes your opponent nervous. Layering several balance combos like that can make your lineup extremely difficult to pick against - having a lot of jack-of-all-trades combos reduces your opponent's ability to choose clearly, and improves your chances of winning. While having an absurd amount of KOing power is handy, sometimes it's best to sacrifice a bit of that power to lose a weakness or even gain an upper hand against a type.

TL;DR Wyvang Wyvang is the strongest Attack wheel. It has trouble with Duo, but every combo has to have a weakness; if they didn't, we wouldn't have a balanced game and everyone would play Attack. But having strong Attack types - or strong of any other type for that matter - is often worse than having a combo that does a lot of different things a little less strongly.

EDIT: I'm pretty much done with this discussion, I'm making this run on too long Uncertain
I'll write up something describing why balance types rock in a tournament and stick it in my sig or something, idk. Maybe make a thread (or find one) where I can ramble about tournament strategy without derailing a thread.
Oh hey Variares vs Blitz debate, funnnnn
(Feb. 23, 2014  6:23 AM)TheWhiteTiger Wrote: Vari Ares is multi-spin directional and stayed on the tier list longer.

Basalt was more commonly used for Anti-Attack later than it was for defense.

Variares never used Dual spin well, it may as well have been a single spin wheel. They were always considered equal, and if Variares did stay up longer, it was ONLY because Flash was a better right spin attack wheel than Blitz, not because Blitz was worse than Variares (which should have been removed at the same time tbh).

Personally, I'd use Diablo over Variares or Blitz too.

Obviously note that my Variares was awful for some reason, just totally useless, but I'm adjusting for what others said at the time - the broad consensus was that they were equal.

Neither will handle a good Diablo Anti-Attack custom (probably struggle with Diablo defense too, but generally with Diablo it's better to go anti-attack anyway) and to be honest MF-H Basalt Horogium R145/TR145RF will cause them both a lot of pain as well.

As for Flash W145MF, it still knocks things out as a major function (less so with the advent of Sychrome, sure, but back then, definitely) - it has to do that against a lot of CS stuff, which is why it's listed as Attack rather than Balance - it's Metal Flat Attacker (not a good name but as other tips could work for it so don't start using it as such), not a Tornado Staller (former is more attack, latter more stamina, basically two quarter-way-points on the attack-stamina spectrum). Man, I should've finished my Limited Blogpost yesterday because I actually was going to cover this in there, as I found a nice Metal-Flat-Using-Attack-Type in Limited, haha.
Either way, I'd be extremely wary of using it against Diablo/Basalt Anti-Attack anyway.

PS Being able to outspin Duo BD145CS isn't all that important for an attack type because like every good attack type can KO that now, Flash included (to the point CS dropped off Defense from Flash's release til Synchromes came out).

This is also getting into purchase consultation territory now, but given the price of the synchrome sets I'd go for Bahamdia Dragooon instead if on a budget (though if Hasbro have released Wyvang then two of those could be viable too, and the Dragooon molds thing comes into consideration as you'd definitely want a heavy mold), however Flash is still an extremely effective wheel, even with like a 15-20g weight disadvantage, that design is just monstrously powerful. You could wait to see if Hasbro releases Balro etc though, I guess.
Hi, this is my first post here. Nice to meet you! Anyway, I've just been getting into customizing on MFB beys, and i have a pretty limited collection of beys.

•Lightning L-Drago 100HF
•Storm Pegasus 105RF
•Rock Aries ED145B
•Dark Bull H145SD
•Dark Gasher CH120SF
•Dark Wolf DF145SF
•Earth Eagle 145WD
•Flame Sagittario C145S
•Divine Fox 90W2D
•Phantom Orion BGrin (not ready yet, it's being shipped right now!)

...see what I mean? Anyway, I'm wondering what combo I should use to maximize defense and stamina. I want a bey that isn't going to get pushed around easily, lasts for a while, yet still manages to pack a small punch if need be. Unfortunately, I haven't had any success due to my lack of experience. Any assistance would be totally appreciated!

PS: If it's possible to add the Fox energy ring to the combo, I would really like to use that. I love the look of it! (I got the clear one)
You don't really have good parts fr a defense customization like you want, although you can make a pretty good attack combo, especially for the new WBO Limited format.

Lightning L-Drago CH120RF would be a great combo for attack. Once your Phantom Orion arrives, you could make Phantom (stamina mode) Gasher B : D for an amazing stamina combo.
You could try Earth Fox ED145RF as an anti attacker maybe, Lighting L-Drago CH120RF would be your attack type and Phantom Bull (DF)145WD would be your stamina type. In today's meta game (other than limited format, just switch Phantom with Earth) those beys aren't top tier.
Thanks for your help! I'll try out these combos and see what I like best. And i'm planning on getting some better beys lol just need some money on amazon.
No problem, you should check out the purchase consultation thread to buy the beys you need c:
Hi all im looking for two/four customizations with my beys, 2 defensive/agressive customs.
Beys list is here:

Master dranzer
Driger v2
Dragoon v2
Dragoon GT

Use these beys if they are worth using the parts.
Master dragoon
Dragoon S
Dranzer v2
Dark dranzer

WEIGHT DISKS:

Circle defence
8 balance
10 balance
Revolver attack

Edit: also if there are any parts i should buy thatl help the beys i have.
Thanks
Hey guys, I'm back again with some new beys! I just ordered Blitz Striker and Nightmare Rex. I'm thinking of making a Blitz Rex combo, but I'm not sure what spn track or performance tip I should use. Any suggestions?
(Mar. 01, 2014  1:04 AM)K-NiGhT Wrote: Hey guys, I'm back again with some new beys! I just ordered Blitz Striker and Nightmare Rex. I'm thinking of making a Blitz Rex combo, but I'm not sure what spn track or performance tip I should use. Any suggestions?

Assuming the blitz is hasbro, it won't be very good. But you could use MF/MF-H Blitz Rex (even though unicorno would probably be better.) R145/TR145/85/90/100RF/R2F/LRF