"Build me a combo!" #2

Poll: yes or no

yes
0%
no
100.00%
Total: 100% 2 vote(s)
Or he can change to RF and that should slow it down somewhat.
Primal
I only own Hasbro's "Lion's Lair" Stadium, was the only one I could find without grooves in the middle. Thanks for the tip updates.
So MF-H Beat Lynx GB145F works like a charm.

I ended up going with Basalt Bull AD145EWD. For some reason it tends to have more Defense then Stamina. Not complaining though, just thought is was a neat little quirk.
Basalt BD145CS would be better for defense. But what you have there is fine for Stamina.
I'm hesitant to use my BD145 on anything except Kerbecs. The last time I used it on Basalt, I ended up having to buy a new one (the threading on the inside got thrashed). It's the whole reason I went back to a stock Basalt.
Can someone tell me any good combos with SD?
Anyone tell me a good attk combo for Flash Sagittario?

been trying to figure it out , which is the best part
th!nk Guides: Crash Course in Combo Finding!

Okay, we get these sorts of questions a lot:

(Feb. 27, 2012  4:28 AM)V-Rock Wrote: Can someone tell me any good combos with SD?

(Feb. 27, 2012  4:39 AM)IceBag Wrote: Anyone tell me a good attk combo for Flash Sagittario?
been trying to figure it out , which is the best part

I'm here to help you learn to answer your own questions like this yourself!

When you have a question like this, first, check if the part is on the Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade Combos thread in the advanced forum. If it is, those are the effective parts. Use them. Use Common Sense when choosing these parts. A quick sub-guide to doing so is included, look for the bolded line later in the guide!

If not, use logic or the MFB Parts Tiers List, and see if you can find what it works for on that. Then, use it on whatever is appropriate on the competitive combinations list in place of whatever tips are there.

If it is an unconventional part, such as XF, WF, then search or read the customizations forum for combinations which use it, check what they're tested against to be sure they're recent, and use something like that. Often, combinations using these tips are extremely specific, and must use the exact parts to be worthwhile.
Make sure you have the exact parts, if you don't, and it isn't mentioned in the OP as a viable alternative, search the thread to see if anyone else has asked about substitutes (because odds are they have). Usually, however, unless you have the specific parts, it's better to not use these combinations, as they generally use those parts for good reason!

If it's not listed anywhere, it probably sucks and shouldn't be used, but by looking at the shape/properties, you can probably work out what it's good for. For tips, for example: If it moves fast and has decent resistance to recoil, particularly good grip, attack. If it moves and has lower grip, attack/stamina hybrids or whatever, if it doesn't move and has grip, defense. If it doesn't move and has lower grip, Stamina. Then use an appropriate combination and try it.

Congratulations, you've just used common sense to figure out how to use a part!

You can expand this: look for the properties shared by top-tier parts for a type. Those shared properties will tell you what properties parts for that type should have! Work out what properties your part has, and use it appropriately!

This can be applied to other parts too, using the same process. Check those two threads, and failing that, work out what type they should be. Metal Wheels, for example: lots of protrusions/impact points/non-round shape: Attack. Round, heavy: Defense or Stamina. Round, externally distributed: Stamina).

Then, take the parts for that type from the Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade Combinations thread, and use those for the rest of your combo. Use Common Sense!

An easier way to do this is by finding the testing thread for the part and seeing what combinations have done well!

Quick Guide to Common Sense for Each Type (Click to View)

You will learn a lot by browsing the Customization Forum, and I suggest you make doing so a regular activity, it will help you hugely at tournaments and can give you ideas for new combinations!

Of course, the best combinations are already listed in the Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade Combos List, so if you have parts to make those (just remember to use common sense as above. While Phantom Bull BD145SD may be listed technically, it is definitely NOT a good combination!) then you're set!

Also: Check the most recent discussion in that thread, as we will usually discuss good parts that aren't on the list yet there! This is often good for finding newer parts that we haven't fully decided on/managed to put on the list yet, that are likely highly competitive (Diablo is a current example!) For even more information on recent releases, find the Part's discussion thread in the Customization forum, and look at the testing and discussion for it!
It's not really hard, and you will learn a lot in doing so!

Now, Go Build Some Combos and GET BLADING!
My beys are:

Basalt Horogium
Death Quetz
Gravity Perseus
Earth Eagle
Cyber Pegasus
Phantom Orion
Storm Pegasus
Galaxy Pegasus
Thunder Leone
Thermal Lacerta
Ray Unicorno (CS calm)
Meteo L Drago
Lightning L Drago
Dark Wolf
Storm Aquario
Hell Kerbecs
Dark Bull

For Phantom Kerbecs, is 85 WD better or Ad145WD? For Gravity is D125RF better or 100RF?
Don't use Kerbecs on Phantom, use Aquario if you don't have a Cancer wheel (Cancer is the best CW for it). AD145WD is generally more useful than 85WD.

For defense, use any combination of the following: Death/Basalt Bull/Kerbecs/Quetz BD145 CS/RDF, try to get an MF-H for it.

For attack, your options are more limited, go with Gravity Perseus D125RF/R2F and try to get a Metal Face for it. CH120 would work well there too.

If you get a Cancer as well as an MF-2 set (Dark Cancer is a very, very good beyblade to buy, CH120 is useful for loads of things and Cancer is a great CW), you could even use MF-F Phantom (Attack Mode) Cancer AD145RF. It's a very specific combination but it works quite well, though it struggles against some newer defensive combinations, and you'd probably be better off using Phantom for stamina.

I said D125 in my post for a reason...
Please may I have the best combos out of this list? For the hasbro stadium burn firestrike please. I would like all types suggested if possible. Attack,Defense Stamina and Balance.
I have these beys:
Death Quetzalcoatl 125RDF
L Drago Destroy F: S
Hell Kerbecs BD145 DS
Flame Byxis 230 WD

I have these spare parts:
HF
T125
Bull
LRF
CH120
HF/S
EDS(Worn out, so practically an Flat performance tip)
RS
Earth
Pegasus II
Lightning
L-Drago (Energy Ring)
FS
R145
Gasher
125 (I have 2 125's)
Cyclone
Galaxy
Leone (Energy Ring)
Gemios (Energy Ring)
Lacerta
Aries
Herculeo
Libra
Q
Big Bang
RF
Scythe
F
AD145
(Feb. 27, 2012  5:38 PM)Ozuma-S Wrote: Please may I have the best combos out of this list? For the hasbro stadium burn firestrike please. I would like all types suggested if possible. Attack,Defense Stamina and Balance.
I have these beys:
Death Quetzalcoatl 125RDF
L Drago Destroy F: S
Hell Kerbecs BD145 DS
Flame Byxis 230 WD

I have these spare parts:
HF
CH120
HF/S
EDS(Worn out, so practically an Flat performance tip)
RS
Earth
Pegasus II
Lightning
L-Drago (Energy Ring)
FS
R145
Gasher
125 (I have 2 125's)
Cyclone
Galaxy
Leone (Energy Ring)
Gemios (Energy Ring)
Lacerta
Aries
Herculeo
Libra
Q
Big Bang
RF
Scythe
F
AD145

Since your usin a Hasbro stadium some things change from using a standard attack stadiums. Rubber tips like RF/R2F dont perform as well since its much harder to get a KO in a Hasbro stadium. Flat tips generally do better in Hasbro stadiums.

MF L Drago Destroy CH120/R145 HF/F(attack)
Scythe Gasher AD145 WD(Stamina)
Earth Gasher 230WD
Earth Gasher 85/100 WD
Hell Kerbecs BD145 WD (Boost Mode)
MF H Death Quetz. BD145 RDF

Burn Firestrike stadium has 3 small trenches near the center. This causes massive friction when a bey with a tip with any width whatsoever hits one. I recommend using HF/F or RS as a tip, since they are relatively pointy and thin.
(Feb. 28, 2012  1:44 AM)dude_31415 Wrote: Burn Firestrike stadium has 3 small trenches near the center. This causes massive friction when a bey with a tip with any width whatsoever hits one. I recommend using HF/F or RS as a tip, since they are relatively pointy and thin.

Did we care to read the post by Dark_Mousy on the previous page?
Technically, you are correct about the point on friction; but not completely. Its true that Hasbro stadiums give rise to friction, but come on, every stadium gives rise to friction.
The only reason as to why Hasbro combos differ from TT ones are because of these factors. But before I list them out, remember, there are just Attack combos which need to adapt to Hasbro Stadia. Stamina combos do not need much modification, while Defense may or may not need to adapt.

As these stadiums cause the most amount of problems to Attack types, the list would focus more on Attack-
1. Hasbro stadiums do not have a nice slope to allow Attack types to function properly.
2. Due to the relatively smaller 'play area' of stadiums, Attack types are not favored altogether.
3. As is clear from the two factors above, Attack types aren't favored much. This means that Stamina is the ruling class in Hasbro stadiums; as they outshine Defense, and the only thing that threatens them has been thrown out(attack).
4. The gimmicks (such as the trenches you talk about) suck, and further degrade the performance of beys.

Hence people tend to choose 'Stamina-saving' combos for Hasbro stadiums. This is because, Stamina is EVERYTHING in Hasbro stadia.
So now, Attack types switch from Rubber-based tips(RF/R²F etc.) to plastic ones (F/SF/HF etc.)
Defense types aren't affected that badly in these stadiums. But come on, they have nothing to defend themselves against! There is no (good) Attack! Their grip-based Defense(reference to RS tips) would result in heavy loss of Stamina, which in turn would make them an easy prey for the Stamina types! Not to mention that the Hasbro-friendly Attack types(the ones using plastic Attack tips) might also boast higher Stamina than these Defenders.
So, we may tend to choose better Stamina-saving Defense tips again. Yes, orthodox Defense tips(such as RS) do see use, but not on a large scale, IIRC.
Stamina types do not need an explanation, as they are hardly affected(in a negative way) by this stadium change.

Now back on topic.
You speak of friction. What makes you select something like RS then?
If I am not wrong, you meant to say HF/S there(you certainly won't go on to say that HF or F is Sharp, isn't it?)
Again, your reference to friction was irrelevant. Or even if it was relevant, the explanation was incomplete. Refer to the factors I listed above to know why tips like HF/S should be chosen for Attack.
If you meant to refer to HF/S's S mode(because you said 'sharp' later in your post), then NO! Please don't! S is the worst tip for anything!

All in all, your suggestions were wrong, and even if correct, the reference to friction was irrelevant. Smile

Take care next time! Grin
I recommend you to read the newly written 'Th!nk's Guide to Combo Finding'. Smile
please help me which combo is better from these
EARTH BULL GB145WD
or
EARTH BULL AD145WD??
Well, one of them is a top-tier stamina setup, other than the MW, which is dated but still decent for stamina, the other is a horrible mismatch.

Use the Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade Combos thread to figure out which is which!
(Feb. 28, 2012  9:56 AM)th!nk Wrote: Well, one of them is a top-tier stamina setup, other than the MW, which is dated but still decent for stamina, the other is a horrible mismatch.

Use the Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade Combos thread to figure out which is which!
the thread which you gave me is of 29 pages though i've read a little can you tell me the exact ???
please thanksStupidStupid
It's in the first post.
(Feb. 28, 2012  10:03 AM)th!nk Wrote: It's in the first post.
alright EARTH BULL GB145WD is not good
but EARTH BULL AD145WD is a top stamina tierStupidStupid
thanks

Yes.

Well, Earth Bull AD145WD Isn't top tier, but Bull, AD145 and WD are, and Earth is quite good.
Alright guys, its that time again. Let's see what you can do. I got my hands on some new parts at a recent meeting plus some more that I have collected from ages ago. I already pretty much have it sorted on what combo's are good but it could never hurt to have some extra opinions. I use a BB-10 stadium, so no combos that work well is Hasbro stadiums please. I would like:
  • Attack Combo x2
  • Defence/Balance Combo x2
  • Stamina/Defence Combo x2
  • Spin Equalizer
Really I just want at least the 3 best beys you can make out of these parts, no overlapping please. Let's see what you come up with...

3...2...1... GO! Build me a Combo's! Tongue_out
Defense: MF-H Duo Aquario BD145CS, MF-H Wing Kerbecs BD145RDF/CS (whichever mode is the 0 one).

Stamina: Phantom Cancer TH170D/AD145EWD, Scythe Kronos BD145EDS

Attack: MF-H Blitz UnicornoII 100/D125R2F (get a CH120), MF-H Beat Lynx GB145RF

Spin Equalisers are a waste of time, and you don't have a CH120 for any XF combos. You could try LDrago Guardian BD145EDS or something, and use one of TH170D/AD145EWD on Scythe, or something, but eh.

You could really just use the competitive combos thread and check testing threads for most of this stuff, though.