Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Jan. 17, 2013  3:17 AM)DrPepsidew Wrote: Wait until you're working and doing math at the molecular level XD But the magnetic fields idea is pretty awesome :3
The world doesn't revolve around you. People won't respond right away, but someone actually has this time, so don't try to bring more attention to your idea. You posted, so wait for people to respond.
I'm not trying to sound rude, sorry.
Ohh..... K didn't see it sorry, but do you think that u could TT to try it out is the real question
Um no. Even if they would bother to think of that the gimmick would be too expensive for kids toys.
(Jan. 17, 2013  10:06 AM)Ultra Wrote: Um no. Even if they would bother to think of that the gimmick would be too expensive for kids toys.

Let alone consumers in general...
All right you have a point but seriously I think it's not a bad idea, k
(Jan. 17, 2013  4:25 AM)Outnumbered Wrote:
(Jan. 17, 2013  3:17 AM)DrPepsidew Wrote: Wait until you're working and doing math at the molecular level XD But the magnetic fields idea is pretty awesome :3
The world doesn't revolve around you. People won't respond right away, but someone actually has this time, so don't try to bring more attention to your idea. You posted, so wait for people to respond.
I'm not trying to sound rude, sorry.

I wasn't the original post-er.
Thanks for that tidbit though.
(Jan. 17, 2013  1:51 AM)Ultra Wrote: We had a magnet series remember? It was called the V series and it sucked in terms of parts. Also the gimmick was generally pretty terrible. Having a gimmick has never really gone well. The G series was based around a terrible gimmick that never worked and it was also terrible as a result.

The V series gave us: The Ten-Series Weight Disks, Neo SG's, Scissor Attacker, Panther Head, Volcano Change Base and Twin Horn. It's a pretty small series so that's not too bad, and I imagine a few of the other parts in it were probably pretty good at the time of their release (the MG Cores were the heaviest SGs, for example, and some of those I listed would have been much more important - Panther Head, without Eight Spiker/G Upper to compete with it and basically no viable Dual AR Hyper-Aggro setups would have been the best left spin attack AR, Volcano Change Base with no SG Metal Flat Base (Gaia Dragoon V Version) to compete with, the lack of the customize bases means SG Wing Base would've had slightly fewer struggles as a result of its middling LAD (though it would still struggle to find a niche it would've been much more usable).) And who knows, some of the bases may have worked better with the magnet-equipped arenas they were designed for (like Zero G beys are generally designed for swaying bowls). The F series isn't really significantly better if you count the 10-series WD's - really, it's just the V2 and S series that are significantly "better" than the others, the rest are all pretty samey.

The V2 series also had the magnet gimmick - and is the best series of the lot - every beyblade has a competitive part, and aside from Draciel V2, they all have at least one unarguably top-tier part that is original to them and basically none have two truly bad unique parts - at most it's one bad part and a 'meh' part (ariel 2's AR/SP, and I predict Orthrus will also fall into this category, the base looks like it'll be terrible and the AR looks like it could be decent with good recoil control parts). I really don't know what happened with draciel v2 though. I only realise now how out of place it is there, haha.

Struck me as a fun gimmick, honestly, I just never got the stadium/magnets to do it with - or any of the V/V2 blades, back when it was a thing. :c

As for the G series - it's not correct to say the engine gear gimmick never worked: Wolborg 4 used it quite well (though even that could've been done a lot better). Don't get me wrong, it was a pretty bad gimmick (though the sturdier base clip design was good) and they executed it horrendously poorly, but it did work just that once (law of averages or something haha).

However, the Swaying Gimmick of Zero G is one of the few competitively fair stadium gimmicks we've had and I hope takara continue to support it in some manner in future. It's really not very old yet so wanting a new gimmick already seems kinda... I don't know... Impatient?
(Jan. 18, 2013  11:40 AM)th!nk Wrote: The V2 series also had the magnet gimmick - and is the best series of the lot - every beyblade has a competitive part, and aside from Draciel V2, they all have at least one unarguably top-tier part that is original to them and basically none have two truly bad unique parts - at most it's one bad part and a 'meh' part (ariel 2's AR/SP, and I predict Orthrus will also fall into this category, the base looks like it'll be terrible and the AR looks like it could be decent with good recoil control parts). I really don't know what happened with draciel v2 though. I only realise now how out of place it is there, haha.

I thought Fin Tector was the best SP for Smash Attack? Its true that Draciels in general have bad parts, but wouldn't Fin Tector be considered an "unarguably top-tier part that is original to [Draciel V2]"?

He doesn't like Fin Tector, from what I've read, haha. It's probably why he didn't list it. "It's recoily and [...]".
Cannon: Things I say about plastic part/combo performance, unless I specifically state otherwise, have absolutely nothing to do with whether or not I 'like' a part - they're based on the best information I have, which is basically always personal experience unless I state otherwise.

It's an average part at best, which is why I didn't list it - when it does hit it produces mediocre smash but a lot of recoil, and is very prone to breakage. SP that improve the weight distribution are a better choice, and the only attack base tall enough that SP contact could ever be a big deal on (not counting ariel 2's base because of the breakage issues) is best used with overhanging AR's namely Driger V2 and G's AR's - the latter being more durable and having excellent synergy with Survivor Ring, the former having both its own Upper Attack SP and having main contact points low enough to hit most things well even with Cross Survivor or Defense Ring (Driger G's AR can do this too, but I lean towards V2's if you don't have Survivor Ring), and both being able to land hits on almost any opponent. The LAD from survival SP can also be handy at times in plastics because of the whole changeable sg's thing - a little extra insurance, basically. Honestly, I prefer Dragoon V2's SP to Fin Tectors - they don't do much but they don't mess things up in general, don't break often, and they can make hits , and Dragoon V2's SP come with the one base that has any business using attacking SP (though they don't suit Driger G's AR - but oh well, Dragoon G's AR goes okay with them (though investing in decent survival SP is a good idea in general as they're very useful to basically all types, and right spin seems much more effective against common opponents to me, aside from crazy AR+SAR setups which all seem to do better in left spin (and many of them suffer breakage issues in right spin).

Basically, it's another one of those many overrated plastic things I spend a lot of time dispelling the myth about.
I'm a little excited over what I just found on YJA Smile

But anyways, it would be fun to watch Phantom Orion spin forever if Bearing Drive was made of magnets and I levitated it over a much larger superconductor...

I actually kind of wonder why the magforcefield Majjiger would cost a lot, it's Zero g with a iron/nickel center
I meant the cost of development mainly. That might not even work but even if it did as you said 15000 RPM is a lot higher than the rate MFB already have so I think it would be difficult to make it much higher without much cost.
It's simple, if you pull a ripcord at the same rate you would with a MFb launcher and the ripcord is connected to a large gear which is connected to a smaller gear and the prongs are connected to the small gear you have a extremely high speed beyblade!
(Jan. 19, 2013  3:58 AM)Darkeffigydeath Wrote: It's simple, if you pull a ripcord at the same rate you would with a MFb launcher and the ripcord is connected to a large gear which is connected to a smaller gear and the prongs are connected to the small gear you have a extremely high speed beyblade!

No you don't.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beyblade-Stadium...5062843%26

Looks like they finally made a fake zero g beystadium. Its also seemed to be made from that korean aladdin toy company that makes those other fake blue stadiums.
Yeah, it says it isn't by TT or Sonokong. I can't tell what else is different though, besides the color.
I really wish the Beywheelz equivalent to energy rings were compatible with Metal Fight Beyblades their designs look so nice especially River Beast Gil
(Jan. 19, 2013  8:42 PM)ShinobuXD Wrote: Yeah, it says it isn't by TT or Sonokong. I can't tell what else is different though, besides the color.
I am pretty sure that its quality is different as well. It probably dents and cracks easily.
It actually looks pretty cool lol
If it wasn't so expensive for a fake stadium, I might actually buy it Grin
(Jan. 19, 2013  9:37 PM)Zancrow Wrote: It actually looks pretty cool lol
Same, I happen to like the blue color.
(Jan. 19, 2013  9:39 PM)MBF1 Wrote:
Same, its obviously cheaper than a real one, but its still expensive . Also I happen to like the blue color.
I'm certainly not paying $40-$50 for the current stadiums >_>
The only reason I even have an Attack Type stadium now is because I bought BB-32 (which is an amazing buy if anybody wants a BB-10)

(Jan. 19, 2013  9:41 PM)Zancrow Wrote:
(Jan. 19, 2013  9:39 PM)MBF1 Wrote:
Same, its obviously cheaper than a real one, but its still expensive . Also I happen to like the blue color.
I'm certainly not paying $40-$50 for the current stadiums >_>
The only reason I even have an Attack Type stadium now is because I bought BB-32 (which is an amazing buy if anybody wants a BB-10)
Exactly, I managed to get BB-32 for about $42 free shipping and US seller. It really is a good deal considering the fact you get extras. Smile